Flash tease authors: Request: Please check your webtease in the HTML5 Viewer

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
SpiritualMigrant
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Flash tease authors: Request: Please check your webtease in the HTML5 Viewer

Post by SpiritualMigrant »

Imo, we should do something so that's automatic, because I can't imagine new people to the site doing those manipulations
At least, make that the new teases are in that new format ?
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Flash tease authors: Request: Please check your webtease in the HTML5 Viewer

Post by 666 »

I just tried it for 'House of Edging: The Dark Rooms and got this. No idea what it means...

Error occured during loading of tease

Error type: org.scalajs.dom.ext.AjaxException

URI:
ht.ef.Xh(https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Milovana ... js:504:203)

ht.ef.fb(https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Milovana ... js:514:200)

XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous>(https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Milovana ... js:276:265)
Ghingis
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ghingis »

666 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:52 pm Message: Timeout occured.
This just means the html viewer were not able to reach the milovana servers and get the information in an acceptable time frame.

Anyway I checked it now and it has a proper error:

Code: Select all

kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

Thank's for informing me. As always, please send me a direct message or quote me in your forum comment, so I receive an e-mail.
I do not check the forums or the viewer every day, so I can jsut miss it.

The issues looks like milovana changed something. I am parsing the metadata like author name and title from the HTML-Pages and if they change this might fail.

I will look into it tonight.

Also the reason for some teases working: I replaced some teases with a modified version that is not loaded from milovana. These teases keep working. I did this to fix teases that have syntax errors that the viewer can not handle.

If someone wants to help, I could provide you a list of teases, that are broken, and you can fix them. I currently do not have the time to do that myself.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

I would provide you with a list of teases, you would have to download the tease scripts, and manually upload them to the viewer. (There is an option to do that).
The viewer will show you some error message with a line number and some kind of syntax error. Something like "expected ( at line 150 position 12). You would have to look into the script and try to figure out what is wrong and fix it and upload it again.
For some scripts this can take a while.
Sometimes it is also possible to recoginize a certain type of error and fix all of them in one script at once.

Once it is fixed, you send the file to me and I add it to the collection of fixed scripts.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Ok, everything is working again.

Milovana changed a very small detail in an URL that I parsed. The link to an author profile.
Previously it contained an # that is now a ?.

Usually, it is stuff like that. It would be great, if Milovana had some kind of API, as parsing stuff from HTML-pages is unrelyable.
So please always inform me as quickly as possible.

By the way: you can always download the script and upload it manually to milovana and specifying the author-id manually. The teases would still have worked this way.
morewanking
Explorer
Explorer

Post by morewanking »

Marno wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:48 amLooking further, I've tried this on a number of teases, and I'm getting this on every one of them including ones that used to work — except for number 664, the default shown on the HTM5 Viewer.
If same mistake occur in all (or almost all) teases, than mistake in parser, not teases themselves.