Exercise advice

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Exercise advice

Post by dragoul »

In my experience, the best way of losing weight is a change of diet.
tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by tckt78 »

Diet is definitely going to be best. It's usually a 2 part approach, and while physical activity is great, changing what you stuff down your throat makes a big difference.

Couple of things that have worked for me, as I've been a workout enthusiast for years:
  • Kettlebell swings will transform your body up and down, male or female physique
  • Paleo or ketogenic diet will have a profound effect on your immediate body composition, and show changes in a couple of weeks. Basically, eat more veggies and less processed anything
  • Count Calories. I didn't always believe this, but when I switched to keto and the weight didn't come off, I started figuring out that I was still putting down more calories than I needed. Get an app like cronometer to track what you're eating, and cut some stuff out.
Hope that helps out!
edgeallday
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Jillian

Post by edgeallday »

Yep there really is no big secret fix as nice as that would be. It does sort of all boil down to whether you are eating more calories than you are using, or less. That being said healthy calories are better than unhealthy calories, and exercising even a small amount is a lot better than being sedentary. Your weight is only one part of your overall physical fitness. There are plenty of thin people who are actually in bad shape, for example.

You can't really target fat loss in a certain area of your body unfortunately. Your body will just use up the reserves of fat as it needs, but it often won't use up the fat you want it to. :-/ Everyone has different spots that those last bits of fat seem to cling on to (for me it's the thighs/legs), That being said you CAN target improving your muscles on certain areas of your body, which can give you a more "toned" look.

Also don't get frustrated if you don't see immediate results. You WILL see results if you stick with it, but gaining fat didn't happen overnight, and taking it off won't either. As tckt78 mentioned a calorie/fitness tracking app or even just writing everything down helps a lot too. It's way too easy to lie to yourself about how many calories you really ate, plus it will give you a much better sense of how many calories various foods have in them even for times when you can't log something right away.

Good luck! You aren't alone.