Tease AI General Discussion

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

1234abc
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Tease AI Open Beta - Updated to Patch 54.4

Post by 1234abc »

genome231 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:24 am
1234abc wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:21 pm Links to personalities seem to be gone ? Where can I find one ?
Look through "The art of Webteasing" forums.
You should find a few :-)

Best regards
Genome
Okay, yes I have found some now. I would like to write my own tease, but where do I find exact and (nearly) complete documentation of the @ commands? Sometimes example usage doesn't make it clear.
I am also not sure when I write a script, how can I go to the script from another script ? For example if I wrote a script for a punishment, how do I go to the punishment script from another script that is running ? and what about if its in another folder ?

Edit: nevermind I found this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16051

kind regards
1234abc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 1234abc »

Is it possible that the metronome doesn't work at all ?
genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by genome231 »

1234abc wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:01 pm Is it possible that the metronome doesn't work at all ?
If you're talking about the metronome inside Tease-AI then yes. I recommend having your own audio files :)

My advise about script writing is start simple.
Get comfortable (slowly) with the different commands, their limits etc.
Read other peoples scripts, there is a lot to learn from them :-)
Happy writing!

Best regards
Genome
Tribute to 1885 & those involved with Tease-AI.
Thank you for spending time on this awesome project! :-)
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by 1885 »

Hello everybody.

First off, please let me apologize (again) for my latest absence. I did not intend for it to be so long, but life threw a great many terrible things my direction that I had to keep dealing with. I won't get into most of it, but I will touch on one briefly as it does tie in to my time as a creator on Milovana. Fair warning - This may get a bit personal, but if that's okay with you then it's okay with me.

Basically a few months ago I was disowned by my mother, who's the only family I ever really had any contact with. This ultimately led to the discovery that she suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and my upbringing was all kinds of fucked up as a result - mainly in terms of how I was prepared to handled adult life (Spoiler Alert: I wasn't). I know this sounds like the beginning of a sad story, but that's not what I want to get into here. For what it's worth, without my mother's immediate influence in my life, I've actually been doing better than I ever have before so no worries there.

As an adult child of a narcissist, I never even realized the extent of the baggage I was carrying. I've come to realize that some of my biggest issues stem from that baggage, and a lot of it affected me during my time working on Tease AI. When you have an Nparent, you learn to take care of their needs and wants at a moment's notice, as any hesitation invites a verbal onslaught of just how worthless you are. In the process, you take your own needs and push them aside until you lose sight of them altogether. Before you know it, you're an adult and you're running yourself ragged trying to see to everyone else's needs, putting an insanely high priority on them that nobody but a narcissist would ever actually expect.

In the early days of Tease AI, bug reports would fly in and I would be all over them. A lot of people made comments about how insanely fast I addressed bugs and how much work I put out in such a short amount of time. As much as I'd like to attribute that to an awesome work ethic, the truth is that just knowing something wasn't working right for someone - or even just that somebody wanted a feature that wasn't there - put me into a panic. Everything had to be addressed immediately, and I couldn't slow down or say that I needed a break. That kind of talk was dangerous growing up, and as an adult I just never realized it was something I could identify and confront.

If you've been involved in Tease AI in any capacity, you've already seen the end result of that a couple times. I start getting overwhelmed, but I can't allow myself to "fail" anyone expecting things of me. So I push and I push until the bottom comes out. Then I can't even bring myself to even come online anymore. So a week or two passes, and I try to tell myself that it hasn't been that long, I can still come back and say "Damn sorry, I just needed that break. Welp, back to work! :-) ". But nope, my upbringing rears its ugly head again and I can't feel anything but this fear that everyone is going to be pissed at me and unforgiving. And it's certainly not because of the way anyone's ever acted. I've felt nothing but encouraged and supported by the Milovana community, but the fear has always been so deep in my psyche that it didn't make a difference.

Well, identifying the root cause of that fear (and a therapist who actually gives a fuck) does make a difference. Ever since being no contact with my mother, I've been able to see that just because she was a monster doesn't mean the world is filled with them. I can see the source of the ridiculous expectations I've put on myself, and now I can see the path out from under them. I can realize that people don't expect anything from me except to work on my own terms, regardless of how much (or little) work that actually entails.

So what's the point of all this? Well, I guess this is my declaration that with Milovana itself now poised to come back from the brink stronger than ever, I intend to do the same. I miss working, I miss creating and I feel that I'm especially suited for it on Milovana. There's some people I need to reach out to here, and I need to get my bearings again with everything. But once I get settled there's some things I would like to start doing again:

- Figure out the state of Tease AI itself and facilitate continued development (including making it easier to set up initially)
- Work on actually getting Total Brat to a releasable state
- Finish the Secrets webtease (I've always wanted to do this, I just felt like I was obligated to only ever work on Tease AI since it wasn't completely stable or 100% accessible)
- Become more socially involved with the Milovana community again instead of just work, work, work
- Relax

So yeah. For those who are still interested in Tease AI, I just want to say I'm back. I'm finally in a place where I can get fulfillment out of the work I do instead of constant anxiety, and since I can recognize the source of those fears now, I feel confident in saying I'm not going to disappear again. I may not be a machine about it anymore, but I'll be here and doing what I do. :-)

If anyone has any questions about getting Tease AI set up, or anything I can help them with in general, please let me know. If there's anything you want to advise or suggest about the current state of the program, please let me know as well. I know several people have been working on it in my absence, and I want to thank them for everything they've done to keep it going. I'll have to touch base with everyone to see how I can fit back into development, as they've been responsible for a majority of it for a good while now.

Thanks again to everybody who's been with me on this ride. I'm back and I'm ready to keep it going.
dbt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dbt »

1885 - Welcome back. Thanks for explaining, not that it was necessary. Not sure what happened to Milovana, I haven't been around for a bit & just came back, this was the first thing I saw.

Anyways, as always, thanks again for all your work!
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by VanHellsing »

Now that's really unexpencting. First Seraph0x waking up from stagnation, now 1885, all in one week. Looks like a start of golden era on Milovana. :w00t:

Anyway, I like to "think positively", so I thought you are dead :whistle: . It's good to hear you are alright.
meaculpa_uk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by meaculpa_uk »

@1885

What an amazing and brave post! It's so encouraging to hear such a positive story and while there was no expectation or need for such an in depth reasoning I hope it provides a little ray of hope to others who suffer similar issues. I certainly have a great deal of empathy for you. In the words of Philip Larkin:

"They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you."

It's great to see you back fella! :wave:
genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by genome231 »

This is an unexpected but great Valentine Surprise :lol:

Your story was nice to read, and nice to read because it ends well. Having dealt with other stuff getting to a place where you can actually tell other people about it (even though its more or less anonymously) is a sign of "getting better" and that makes me happy, and also very happy on your behalf.

In other words: It's fantastic to have you back!

Please ease back to it slowly!
I would be sad to see you gone again ;-)

Best regards
Genome
Tribute to 1885 & those involved with Tease-AI.
Thank you for spending time on this awesome project! :-)
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

@1885

Welcome back! It took me a while to get into TeaseAI, but now that I have, what a program! You really knocked it out of the park! :w00t:

On a more serious note, good for you for facing some of the conflict in your life. I'm sorry that things have not worked out well, but you faced a tough choice of hiding from the reality of the situation or facing it head on. It took brass cahones to face it and handle it.

For what it's worth, you're not alone in having a tough road with a parent. Knowing the reality of the situation and having someone to talk through it with are key in taking control of your own adult life. It sounds like you're on the right path - keep doing what you're doing!
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Daragorn »

Nice to hear you are fine 1885! That's the most important thing for sure.
Welcome back, take your time, don't rush yourself too much and be sure that we missed you (and your teases :-D )
Can't wait to see what you'll be able to create with your personality
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

I thought I clicked the wrong page when I saw your post :lol:

Wellcome back 1885. I hope everything goes fine for you now.

Just to you know, TeaseAI looks very stable now. I think the guys released at least 1 patch (cant remember if more) to fix some minor problems, so do not worry about that for now.
Bluelow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bluelow »

Hehe same here I thought I clicked an old page when i saw your avatar 1885. It's so nice to see you back, we can only hope you understand that no one is putting pressure on you to do anything. Everyone here has some sort of a life and we understand, everything you do is appreciated but nothing is expected. There's so few content creators anyway and I haven't seen anyone complain about slow bug fixes or slow addition of content. You are one of the few real heroes here and you don't owe anything to anyone. Take your time and I can only hope you enjoy the process :love:
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Thanks for sharing 1885, good to have you back. Think I picked up teaseAI after your absense, but thanks for it and all!
The_Easter_Egg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by The_Easter_Egg »

Really glad to have you back, sounds like a really stunning breakthrough. Look after yourself man :)
hotdamn
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hotdamn »

1885 welcome back im glad to hear you are back and no one hear wants you to work like a machine or get things done immediatly we all want you to be happy and comfy here if your overworked you should ask for some help i know a little about scripting things but not much but enough if you said guys i need a hand that i would jump in just to help you get your next tease ai feat
ure out thats how much your work means to me and everyone here :)

also just a idea but would it be possible to make glitter more interactive so subs can respond to domme and contacts ?
i will even write the glitter files for you :)