What was CyberMistress all about back in the day?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Hawkward
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above
Dom/me(s): My wife!

What was CyberMistress all about back in the day?

Post by Hawkward »

Just out of curiosity, but while I've been looking into software for programmed Mistresses as of recent, I kept coming across CyberMistress as the old "goto" for this category. I know that it concluded somewhat a while ago, but I never knew what it was all about.

Could anyone fill me in a brief history lesson of what made it special, or what it was that stood CM out from other software or flash alternatives? Was it a powerful program, well written, have great community backing? etc etc.

I hear that SexScripts is now the closest thing to what CM was, it would be absolutely wonderful if we can get something as highly acclaimed to kick off again. But until then I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Any other recommendations would be warmly welcomed and appreciated.
ronin
Explorer
Explorer

Re: What was CyberMistress all about back in the day?

Post by ronin »

Need to speak to a member named "Kenneth" - he was the developer, and the reason CM got pulled. His call, and I respect that.
Hawkward
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Hawkward »

I see.... I can absolutely respect that as well. I've had to pull projects from the production board for my music before that left a lot of fans unhappy, though sometimes needs just must.

Still though, I'm genuinely interested in the history of CyberMistress. Rest assured I have no interest in acquiring any of the files created at all. Hopefully Kenneth will see this at some point and be kind enough to help answer my query :-)
uberbear01
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by uberbear01 »

In my opinion, CyberMistress was an excellent piece of software. It had a brilliant, innovative community who regularly added new scripts and ideas. Consequently when CM was pulled so unilaterally it killed a lot of work and really left a bad taste. SexScripts I believe have vowed not to do that so I hope it reaches the same highs as CM.
He who koops and runs away, lives to koop another day.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

"Kenneth" - he was the developer, and the reason CM got pulled. His call, and I respect that.
In my opinion he was a silly man who followed the road of "If I don't have fun - I'll take it from everyone else". Or, if you prefer "Some few jerks pissed me off, so I punish them by deleting CM and all of the content made by other people over the years, and I don't care how many hundreds or thousends of innocent bystanders will suffer from that."

If you ask me, he should not be respected, rather than being stamped into dirt and forgotten as a weak-ass man with inferiority complex. :-|
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
tBone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tBone »

Nezhul wrote:
"Kenneth" - he was the developer, and the reason CM got pulled. His call, and I respect that.
In my opinion he was a silly man who followed the road of "If I don't have fun - I'll take it from everyone else". Or, if you prefer "Some few jerks pissed me off, so I punish them by deleting CM and all of the content made by other people over the years, and I don't care how many hundreds or thousends of innocent bystanders will suffer from that."

If you ask me, he should not be respected, rather than being stamped into dirt and forgotten as a weak-ass man with inferiority complex. :-|
Quoted for truth. I like when me and Nezhul agree on something.
MyFreeCams: Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing!

Protip: Use https://mega.co.nz/ for uploads.
Won't need to upload it anywhere else because it doesn't have the shitty restrictions all the others have. Besides emp, some people like seeding there, so keep that.
axlist
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by axlist »

Nezhul wrote:

I think you are being harsh on him. He put a lot of work into it so had every right to be pissed off.

But, I dont agree with deleting the whole lot.

I think he would have been better served to just stop updating it, fixing errors etc. I think it was a closed source so the most anyone could do would be making scripts and whatnot.

I had made one session for it that seemed well received so was working on a bigger one when it went. I lost my laptop shortly after so that was everything gone. Havent been able to get it back since. I only had partial files on an external HD.

I still hope it will return some day, but I'm not expecting it.
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

to answer the actual question
(and not bash anyone)

cyber mistress had a few pictures
and you could upload teases from milovana onto it
there were daily tasks yo could preform for your cyber mistress
such as: cleaning house, writing words of affection to cyber mistress, and rarely some stroking task
most of the tasks seemed to be things like :vacuum house for 10 minutes, feed pets, wash dishes..

only a few stroking edging tasks were added when you added a tease from milovana..
which was the tease from milo...exactly.. so was not quite sure... what that did to your score with mistress for happiness...

you had a rating system
that would show how happy or upset your cybermistress was
you could do punishments spanking, pain tasks to get your mistress happy
as far as I could tell this was the quickest way to get your score up.
when your mistress was extremely happy with you you would have a chance for an orgasm

there was a place to put in what toys you had to play with but I never did see an assignment based on toys.

I know I am not giving the most representative review of it
because I never did it seriously
so I am hoping someone who loved the program explains it better
but I wanted to give you at least a concept of what..was..

If i had the ability
I would have a online domme with the following
at least 4 main categories: humiliation, femme, pain, and denial
tasks based on how much the subby like each of the 4 categories.
not just write 10 times "i love my cybermistress"
but do so while... femme, or teased or.. whatever categories
If the subby HAS a vibrator, dildo, collar, handcuffs (and so on)
at least one task that USES those toys..
mistress's interest in subby would be somewhat based on how well they do
and somewhat chance.. to make it a bit more realistic.
Punishment tasks should NOT improve how online mistress feels
except to perhaps get the score back to a previous level.
also i would include stroking instructions with an actual metronome.. for detailed instructions.
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
Hawkward
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Hawkward »

Thank you very much Choc, and sorry to have stumbled upon a rather divided topic.

From what you have described, to me it's as if it took natural every day tasks, and managed to make them as orders. In that respect I think it's both viewable as a sexual thing, but as well as a way to be more clean in general. I'm the sort of individual who can take their time doing dishes, and rarely clean their room and in general outside of actual deadlines, my tardiness can be somewhat apparent. So I could potentially see the appeal in that aspect of CM

I think that based on your thoughts, having more than just a "Yes/No" answer would be more effective. I agree too in that punishments should not be rewarded, but the tasks given, or any sort of outlined demand such as purchasing panties as a very brief example. Unless of course the punishment is outside of having failed a previous task.

Again, thanks for your thoughts Choc
nolongerlurking
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by nolongerlurking »

SexualChoc pretty much hit the nail on the head with what CyberMistress was, but there was a bit more complexity to it, so I'll be throwing in my two cents (rather than being that git who just reads things now and then).

CM's look is very similar to the newer quasi-replacement program SexScripts, with an easy interface of photograph on the left and text on the right (99.9% of the time that text was the Mistress speaking to you).

While there was a rating system based on your performance, at some point late in the game (perhaps the Freya update or the one afterward) there was a huge overhaul adding in a subset of random moods which would affect the random elements of the core script. (Core Script being the basic out of box program)

Let me tell you there were a lot of random elements and variables, and that was one of the things that made this program great. You could loose points for just random no reasons, be denied things you requested (supposing of course you used the program for an at home TPE), random assignment/punishments, and... well I know there was more, but I unfortunately lost my train of thought.

What really made the program special though, was all the upgradability of the program itself. You could download and install what were essentially plugin extensions written by the community as a whole (known as Scripts), some of which differed in length, scope, breadth, intensity, fetish, and a few that overhauled the entire system itself replacing the standard program system.

Beyond that the program's language for modifying or generating content was extremely simple, to the point that this idiot was getting it (although truth be told I usually only altered the timing of scripts as far too often they either sped by too quick for me to read or so slowly that my ADD would kick in). And if I'm remembering correctly the system of timers was prior to the Flash Teases here on Milovana, and I don't know, but I believe CM may have been in part inspiration for the Flash Teases.

When it came to any sort of TPE type play though, that's where CM truly shined with it's add ons (all of which including the program itself were totally free and all centrally located on the core site which just required creating a 3 second user account). There were at least 3 different full scripts which would replace the basic core, each of which to my recollection was TPE in style.

My favorite was J... maybe Jana(?)... it's been a while I don't quite remember the name, but I think Jana. Anyway this program had lots of personalization options without even having to try and screw around with coding, and this program took prime use of the inventory of what you had available to you, as well as go thru what was incredibly similar to a real domme's negotiation prior to starting for the first time where she'd ask you specifically about certain fetishes and things such as minor financial dom-ing (where you'd create like a tribute place to her to donate funds and every now and then you'd buy something with said fundage)

There is more (generally always is) that could be brought up and discussed, like how it was the perfect thing for shy agoraphobic individuals, or the awesomeness of this or that script, or how scripts could be easily installed with a professional type installation popup... suffice to say Cybermistress was a hundred shades of amazing, and outside of Milovana, the best thing for a shy wallflower like myself.

~nolongerlurking
jlx666
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jlx666 »

Nez is being a bit harsch, but in general I agree. Being pissed off doesn't mean you should delete everything. It's like a kid burning up a 20-family house because a bully who lives there took his toy.

And just so you know, i still have an archive with CM and a couple of scripts, so if anyone is curious or want to retry using it, let me know via PM.
frakker2
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Post by frakker2 »

nolongerlurking wrote:My favorite was J... maybe Jana(?)... it's been a while I don't quite remember the name, but I think Jana.
If it's Jewell, there's a SexScripts version.
susan1994
Explorer
Explorer

Post by susan1994 »

hi,

everyone.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

nolongerlurking and SexualChoc sum it up extremely well.

@ jlx666 : feel free to distribute content not made by me - I'd say, if the original author agrees. But especially the distribution of the CyberMistress program is forbidden and already had to be pulled off some places ;)

And apart from nezhul's fine bit of poetry on me, it was the decent thing to do. It was free, I spent a lot of time on it as well. So asking for a bit of respect (as in: don't distribute the program or *my* content behind my back) was too much to ask for from some individuals, and apparently also by the likes of nezhul and co, but I do have to thank them for this attitude. Nowadays I just don't publish anything anymore which I create for free, since it only backfires. Boy, has that been easy for me. It's even gotten me a lot of time for other projects and for a real life sub girl/best friend :).

Actually it almost seems like you're the one who's angry about a toy being taken away, jlx666 . This is my two cents, and since this topic was about features/what was it like rather than about what a bastard I am, I suggest we end that discussion here rather than starting a flame war :wave:

The syntax was very open and could easily be ported to any other program. Also, the authors could easily have turned up - as several have - at SexScripts, perhaps asking for a more direct conversion so they wouldn't lose any additional work. And they probably still had a copy of CM around for personal use. So the point is not really "you took it away", it's: "you took it away from people who didn't have it yet". Kind of a limited edition of something.

Actually I take it as a compliment that more than 2 years after CM went offline, people still see me as the bad guy for taking away their toy, wanting me to let just anything happen to my part of the work (the platform). Obviously it takes work, seeing SexScripts has come a long way and still has a long way to go, and the most recent *proposed* alternative DigitalMistress is looking for fundings right from the start.

For more background, I'd say, search this forum with the keyword cyber*mistress , where you'll find a lot of information and different views. (or just check this )
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
Hawkward
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Hawkward »

I will agree that SexScripts seems to be doing well so far, but I still feel it's got a lot of progress to do, and needs more backing. Just last night I started to participate on their forums, and to be brutally honest it's rather dead - which kind of worries me.

DigitalMistress may hold promise, but so far (at least from the Milovana thread) we only have the guy's word, and I've yet to see anything concrete swing in and gather more hype. I'm afraid I'm not throwing a lot of money just to try a seemly slow test-build.

In any case, thanks nolongerlurking for uhh... not lurking and putting forth a really well thought out reply. You certainly helped me gain a better understanding of what made CM popular in its prime. And thanks to Kenneth for putting your thoughts forward as the creator.

My final two cents on this thread for now is to point to the current script I'm using for Virtual Master - "UVM Mod - Katee". You can find it on their Yahoo group. While there are no images, it's really well made for just a script and I highly recommend checking it out of you're interested.

Virtual Master Website: http://www.virmst.eu/vm.htm
Virtual Master Community: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/VirMst/info