Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
Quarz
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by Quarz »

Shattered wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 pm Anyone know if theres anyway to find the current page number and store it as a variable when a button on a notification is clicked?
With page number you mean the page ID?
If so, then let's say you have made a variable "CurrentPage".
All you have to do is to create your notification and button and add an "Eval"-action in the buttons actions with

Code: Select all

CurrentPage = pages.getCurrentPageId();
CurrentPage will then have a string, which is the ID/Name of the page you're currently on.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

Quarz wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:32 pm
Shattered wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 pm Anyone know if theres anyway to find the current page number and store it as a variable when a button on a notification is clicked?
With page number you mean the page ID?
If so, then let's say you have made a variable "CurrentPage".
All you have to do is to create your notification and button and add an "Eval"-action in the buttons actions with

CurrentPage = pages.getCurrentPageId();
CurrentPage will then have a string, which is the ID/Name of the page you're currently on.
Sweet, looks like it's working for me. Many thanks!
Lamei
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lamei »

Can anyone recommend a website to download metronome sound tracks? I have been using www.metronomer.com to genrate MP3 tracks but im very picky and im looking for a metronome track that sounds better.

I can recommend freesound.org for anyone that needs sound effects for their tease.

Thank you
snakelinux
Explorer
Explorer

Post by snakelinux »

Based on where the picture and text are located it looks better when using wide images and not tall images. This is because images are resized on the screen based on height. Is there any way to change the picture and text location to better support images that are taller than they are wide? Most images that I see are taller than they wide.
For a list of games (mostly mine) and links see http://snakelinux.blogspot.com/
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

I'm having a huge issue with pages.enable and pages.disable.
Both give me a "TypeError: pattern must be a string" javascript error.
I get this error even in a test environment with just an eval with:

pages.enable('page2')
or

pages.disable('page2')
This is literally a copy of the help page code. So it should be working, but doesn't.

Am I doing something wrong or is the function bugged?
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Keermirr wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:27 pm No time to check or anything, but are those single quotes? Think you need double. :unsure:
The help page uses single quotes, but I've also tried double before and it didn't change anything. I also tried feeding it directly from pages.getCurrentPageId() and that didn't work. It seems to be bugged.

Fortunately in my particular situation I can work around the issue easily by using the Enable action with pattern match, but that won't work in every situation.
Janon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Janon »

I'm feeling a little ashamed that my first post is a bug report, maybe someone knew a workaround or what I'm doing wrong. I couldn't find something in the forum.

I want to use the a 'choice action'. First, I create a custom option (not the 'go to page'). Now, I want to change the picture and show some text, but to see the text I have to scroll down (even in full screen mode). Is there anyway to see the text and a different picture after taking a choice?

I hope you understand my problem ;)

edit: I found a workarroung

1. use 'say' and edit the time to 'instant'
2. change picture
3. use 'say' with timing pause

for me it works so far, maybe someone else will find it helpfull
Goddess Lisa
Spoiler: show
Qiubi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Qiubi »

there's another know bug about the text don't show up and you need to scroll down or up to watch it.

my question it's the next:

how you evade this bug??? it's just a random bug or it produce after some specific circustances??

anyone can tell me??
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Triple Alfa wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:46 pm I'm having a huge issue with pages.enable and pages.disable.
Both give me a "TypeError: pattern must be a string" javascript error.
I get this error even in a test environment with just an eval with:

pages.enable('page2')
or

pages.disable('page2')
This is literally a copy of the help page code. So it should be working, but doesn't.

Am I doing something wrong or is the function bugged?
It was a bug, should be fixed now.

I just released a new version of both the viewer and the editor. Mostly a maintenance release - I've updated all of the dependencies and fixed any bugs I saw after the update. I'll be looking into doing some more bug fixing after catching up on this thread.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

snakelinux wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pmOne, if I make a change to one tease and switch to another tease and then switch back to the previous tease my changes are gone. If I exit out and come back in again then they are back. I have tested this on Google Chrome with repeated results. I have not tested making incompatible teases where I design it one way and then come back to it so it shows what it was before and then go a different way to see what would happen, and if it would try to merge both sets of changes or error on incompatible designs but it is something to watch out for, for now.
Fixed.

Thanks for the detailed and accurate bug report, made it a lot easier to find and fix the problem! :wave:

@Shattered: I believe that was the same bug that you also reported, so please check if that fixed it!

snakelinux wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pm Two, when I click on a page the scrollbar wants to take me anywhere except that page. Lets say I named all of the pages 1-50. I click on page 1 then I am looking at the last 50 pages. I click on 50 and I am looking at the first pages. If I want to go page by page I have to click on one and then scroll back to that page before I can click on the next page. I have tested this on Google Chrome and Firefox with repeated results. This one is just annoying because it is user-unfriendly for no apparent reason.
Weird! It tries to make sure the page you are editing is in view in the list. For some reason scrolling seems to be inverted for you, so instead of scrolling it into view, it scrolls it out of view. Which browser and OS is this happening on?

snakelinux wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pm Not so much a bug as a gotcha that I have fallen for a few times. If you click on rename, change the name, click on a different page, and then click save it saves the page you clicked on with the new name and not the page you were on when you changed the name. I think that it is actually working as designed but it is not what I had expected to happen.
Great catch! I've changed the behavior so that page renaming is canceled when you go to another page.
snakelinux
Explorer
Explorer

Post by snakelinux »

seraph0x wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:40 pm
snakelinux wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pmOne, if I make a change to one tease and switch to another tease and then switch back to the previous tease my changes are gone. If I exit out and come back in again then they are back. I have tested this on Google Chrome with repeated results. I have not tested making incompatible teases where I design it one way and then come back to it so it shows what it was before and then go a different way to see what would happen, and if it would try to merge both sets of changes or error on incompatible designs but it is something to watch out for, for now.
Fixed.

Thanks for the detailed and accurate bug report, made it a lot easier to find and fix the problem! :wave:

@Shattered: I believe that was the same bug that you also reported, so please check if that fixed it!
Verified that this is fixed! :-)
snakelinux wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pm Two, when I click on a page the scrollbar wants to take me anywhere except that page. Lets say I named all of the pages 1-50. I click on page 1 then I am looking at the last 50 pages. I click on 50 and I am looking at the first pages. If I want to go page by page I have to click on one and then scroll back to that page before I can click on the next page. I have tested this on Google Chrome and Firefox with repeated results. This one is just annoying because it is user-unfriendly for no apparent reason.
Weird! It tries to make sure the page you are editing is in view in the list. For some reason scrolling seems to be inverted for you, so instead of scrolling it into view, it scrolls it out of view. Which browser and OS is this happening on?
Verified this one is still not working. I am using Chrome and Windows 10.
The example I gave of 50 pages should be in opposite order (page50 to page1). I am sorry that I did not mention that before. If you do that you should see what I am talking about.
When adding pages they are always at the end instead of in alphabetical order. The pages in the UI are always in alphabetical order. This means that if the pages created are not in alphabetical order there is an order difference between the JSON of pages and what is in the UI. This difference is what is causing the UI scrollbar to send the user to the incorrect place.

snakelinux wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pm Not so much a bug as a gotcha that I have fallen for a few times. If you click on rename, change the name, click on a different page, and then click save it saves the page you clicked on with the new name and not the page you were on when you changed the name. I think that it is actually working as designed but it is not what I had expected to happen.
Great catch! I've changed the behavior so that page renaming is canceled when you go to another page.
Verified that this is fixed! :-)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

snakelinux wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:35 pm Verified this one is still not working. I am using Chrome and Windows 10.
The example I gave of 50 pages should be in opposite order (page50 to page1). I am sorry that I did not mention that before. If you do that you should see what I am talking about.
When adding pages they are always at the end instead of in alphabetical order. The pages in the UI are always in alphabetical order. This means that if the pages created are not in alphabetical order there is an order difference between the JSON of pages and what is in the UI. This difference is what is causing the UI scrollbar to send the user to the incorrect place.
Gotcha. Fixed! :smile:
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

I've finally found a little time to work on my eos tease project and it's going pretty well, but one thing is really annoying me.
When I have a page with a lot of Actions I can't scroll down the Actions by themselves. I can only scroll the entire page.

So what happens is this:
1) I scroll down to the Action I want to edit.
2) The editor on the right is gone as it's all the way at the top.
3) I scroll all the way to the top
4) I make the edit

Doing this a few times is not that bad, but tens or even hundreds of times is really annoying and a big time waster.
The problem also gets progressively worse as the amount of actions grows.

Note: This issue also extends to creating new actions as the button for that is all the way at the bottom of the actions list.
snakelinux
Explorer
Explorer

Post by snakelinux »

seraph0x wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:52 am
snakelinux wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:35 pm Verified this one is still not working. I am using Chrome and Windows 10.
Gotcha. Fixed! :smile:
I have verified it works :w00t:!!! I also verified the pages.enable and pages.disable works :-) !

Because you are doing such a good job at fixing things maybe I can point out some minor issues :look: .

Certain image sizes do not work well with certain resolutions. I have one image that is 1661x988 and another image that is 1662x987. My screen resolution is 1920x1080. I am using Chrome and Windows 10 with Chrome on maximize. These images cause the screen to constantly resize itself and it locks up the buttons in EOS. I have to resize the browser to unlock the screen. This happens when I click on the image Action and the image shows up on the right side of the screen. This is after I have selected an image inside the image Action.

I made the images wide because EOS resizes based on height and not width. There is plenty of room for width. Because of this the wide images look better than the tall images. This might just be a feature of EOS but have you considered giving the option to put the images to the left side and the text to the right side :innocent: ? This means resizing would be based on width but it would look better for taller images.

Whenever I click on Eval Action and start typing nothing happens. I have to click on the box before I can start typing. This does not happen in the say, prompt, goto and other Actions. This is really minor I know :blush: .
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by boundupone »

Sorry if i missed this somewhere in the thread. I would love to have a forward and back option. Let me explain, I am working on a large tease with hundreds of pages, and when I scroll the list, click the page I need the list bounces back to the bottom, and while I can go to action next page and click on edit page, that is a number of clicks whereas a perma button would be great. Also, as there is no previous option anywhere, I have to scroll all through the list to the previous slide. In addition it would be good to have an up down option to, to simply go to the next or previous slide in the list regardless of if they are linked in the story flow.

overall loving it though and it makes creation a breeze
Try anything once!