Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
mr-max
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by mr-max »

The editor looks awesome. But the new text style in the teases is not my thing. I get headache when I try to read the text while it is appering letter for etter. I would strongly vote against this feature :(
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

mr-max wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 pm The editor looks awesome. But the new text style in the teases is not my thing. I get headache when I try to read the text while it is appering letter for etter. I would strongly vote against this feature :(
I think it works well for short text, but having centre-alligned text expand outwards when its a long sentence can be a bit much. Would be alright if left-alligned on the side of the picture
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

mr-max wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 pm The editor looks awesome. But the new text style in the teases is not my thing. I get headache when I try to read the text while it is appering letter for etter. I would strongly vote against this feature :(
Authors can disable it, I disabled everywhere for my tease.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Polvish wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:02 amI saw that it introduced issues, just let me know if you decide to bring it back! Also another request would be the ability to have gifs as a media type! Could a more to a tease!
What do you mean bring it back? I added the feature, it's there now. Click the blue eval switch when editing a goto action. Basically wherever you see that blue switch, it means that you can dynamically choose that attribute via JavaScript.

Alls I'm saying is to please be aware that it may cause delays for people with slower internet connections because it's not possible to preload a dynamic goto target.
It was also by far the most annoying feature to implement. Unless somebody feels strongly about it, I think I'll just get rid of it.
Revuin
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Revuin »

I have disabled the typing effect everywhere on my tease as well.

I was thinking global settings can be useful that apply to the whole tease such as the typing effect and button colors.

Actually I think it's better to be able to set a default setting for alignment, timing, and typing effect so that time is saved from having to set it each time.
Please feel free to check out My Teases

I changed usernames! Please see my new user TeasePlease
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Alright, I was trying to add a nicer animation when new bubbles are added (having them scroll in from the bottom) and the typing effect was messing it up, so the typing effect is gone. :wave:

I think it's much better without it.
amythx
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by amythx »

kerkersklave wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:53 am
amythx wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:57 am Question #2: How to have a button that doesn't wait for input? E.g. a basic edge button to stop in the middle of stroking to sound.
Buttons come only with choice actions and they are part of the text flow, so one has to make a choice before the next say action can be executed.

What you can do, is, have an asynchronous timer (look at the options of timers).
They do not stop the main flow of the page but interrupt it once the time is up.
So what I have done is have a Say-Action with an command like "Edge!" followed by an asynchronous timer that goes to a new page, followed by a choice-action with an edge-button.
Yeah. That feels super hacky so I think I'll just wait for an asynchronous button or something.

Another problem: The get(soundId) function is throwing an undefined error. Does the fact that I'm using Firefox contribute to that error? I'm trying to stop asynchronous audio on the next page by getting the id and calling pause().

PS. Forums are not the most optimal way for issue management. Could we get this thing to Github?

\Amy
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

amythx wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:26 pm get(soundId) function is throwing an undefined error.
What is your exact code? It should look like this:

Code: Select all

Sound.get("soundid").pause()
And does the id really exist?
discardedmelon
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by discardedmelon »

Not sure whats happening but I've got several pages that have a timer followed by an image followed by a say followed by a button and these pages will run through the timer, post the image, occasionally post the say, but never posts the button. Just seemed to have occurred in the past hour. Pages were working yesterday last i checked.
Polvish
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Polvish »

seraph0x wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:34 pm
Polvish wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:02 amI saw that it introduced issues, just let me know if you decide to bring it back! Also another request would be the ability to have gifs as a media type! Could a more to a tease!
What do you mean bring it back? I added the feature, it's there now. Click the blue eval switch when editing a goto action. Basically wherever you see that blue switch, it means that you can dynamically choose that attribute via JavaScript.

Alls I'm saying is to please be aware that it may cause delays for people with slower internet connections because it's not possible to preload a dynamic goto target.
Interesting, I'm not seeing the switch on my Goto actions. Deleting cache and even reinstalled the browser :lol: but still nothing!
discardedmelon
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by discardedmelon »

discardedmelon wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 pm Not sure whats happening but I've got several pages that have a timer followed by an image followed by a say followed by a button and these pages will run through the timer, post the image, occasionally post the say, but never posts the button. Just seemed to have occurred in the past hour. Pages were working yesterday last i checked.
Okay, I've discovered that it is posting the button its just not scrolling to it. To solve it I can scroll down with the mouse wheel and it will display it. Is there possibly a setting that is causing this? all text is on custom set to the minimum most delay so I would think it should just post it.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

amythx wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:26 pmPS. Forums are not the most optimal way for issue management. Could we get this thing to Github?
Sure thing: https://github.com/milovana/eos-issues/issues
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

discardedmelon wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:50 am Okay, I've discovered that it is posting the button its just not scrolling to it. To solve it I can scroll down with the mouse wheel and it will display it. Is there possibly a setting that is causing this? all text is on custom set to the minimum most delay so I would think it should just post it.
Sounds like a browser issue - which browser & browser version are you using?
discardedmelon
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by discardedmelon »

seraph0x wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 am
discardedmelon wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:50 am Okay, I've discovered that it is posting the button its just not scrolling to it. To solve it I can scroll down with the mouse wheel and it will display it. Is there possibly a setting that is causing this? all text is on custom set to the minimum most delay so I would think it should just post it.
Sounds like a browser issue - which browser & browser version are you using?
Tested with Chrome 71 and Mobile safari(not sure which version). Issue occurs on both. Odd because it was working fine. Love EOS though. It's truly opened a lot of doors.
chual99
Explorer
Explorer

Post by chual99 »

I had a question about how to get a certain functionality through EOS (I apologize if this isn't the correct thread to be asking this.)

What I'm basically trying to do is recreate a page from past teases where you have a timer and need to edge as many times as you can. Typically in older teases, the following page would ask you if you had edged more than X number of times, and it was up to the user to be honest.

What I have now is a page with a timer, and Choice: Eval: X=X+1; with the intent that you click each time you edged, and the expression would continually evaluate and increase var X with each click. Unfortunately, the way the choice button is set up, it disappears after the first click, leaving X as 1.

Is there a way to force the button to stay visible for the duration of the page (no matter how many times it is clicked)? Or is there an alternate javascript expression to be doing this?