Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
Lamei
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by Lamei »

astonia wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:47 pm
I have a script running fine with over 600 lines, so I don't think it has anything to do with the number of lines. Most likely there's an error somewhere in the script or you're using a reserved word for a variable. If the problem is saving these variables in teaseStorage you can put them all in a single object and save just that one object with all your variables. I'm not sure if there's a length limit for each teaseStorage variable or not.
Thats good to know that you have 600 lines running normally. I'll recheck the variables to see if there are any reseved words as you suggest. So far i've put multiple variables on one line to reduce the amount of total lines to around 80 but the error is still present. Thanks for your help.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by RemiHiyama »

xman911 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:12 pmNo it evaluates every time, it can evaluate more than one time in a single page (if you want that). Maybe you somehow botched the thing and it's just stuck.
I seem to be good at botching the thing then.

I made a test tease to demonstrate what I'm trying to do and the results I'm getting. In multiple browsers, whenever I press "Do the thing", the first option in the choice shown will say "pizza" (the initial state of the variable), even if the contents of the variable have changed to something else.
astonia wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:47 pmI have a script running fine with over 600 lines, so I don't think it has anything to do with the number of lines. Most likely there's an error somewhere in the script or you're using a reserved word for a variable.
I can't figure it out. I'm at about 200 lines, and have this error message just sitting there. I don't get any error messages in console when previewing, which seems like it lets out the reserved word issue, and it disappears if I comment out any four lines of code, moves around if I add or remove stuff otherwise. Tried a couple online js checkers, and none of them reported errors.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by xman911 »

RemiHiyama wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:37 am
xman911 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:12 pmNo it evaluates every time, it can evaluate more than one time in a single page (if you want that). Maybe you somehow botched the thing and it's just stuck.

I seem to be good at botching the thing then.

I made a test tease to demonstrate what I'm trying to do and the results I'm getting. In multiple browsers, whenever I press "Do the thing", the first option in the choice shown will say "pizza" (the initial state of the variable), even if the contents of the variable have changed to something else.
What does the button of "Do the thing" does?! Maybe you should also show what code and where, by showing some screenshots.

Buttons "set foo to pancakes" and "set foo to waffles" are working OK, when I click them the variable changes to pancakes or waffles and stays the same. Do you want to change the variable back to pizza when click "Do the thing"?! For me your tease seems to be working ok... and buttons pizza and cereal just don't do anything. Or maybe you want to reset text variable with 0 ?! No you can't do that, to "reset" a text variable, you should just write up the said variable instead of 0... so if your initial variable is pizza... you should write this...

Code: Select all

pizza = "pizza"
If your initial variable is "food", you should write this

food = "pizza"
Also to initialize properly a text variable you should initialize it like this.

var food = "pizza"

Here is a working as intended version of your example. As you see everything works. When you click "Do the thing" (it resets back to "pizza").

https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... e27f313cd4
GameMaker
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by GameMaker »

Is there any way to do parallel actions?
I mean, for example, the page has a timer and a choice button.
When the timer starts, a button appears. If I press the button, I will go to another page, but if the timer expires before I press the button, the actions will continue as they should.
I need something like this. Thanks!
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

GameMaker wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:15 am Is there any way to do parallel actions?
When the timer starts, a button appears. If I press the button, I will go to another page, but if the timer expires before I press the button, the actions will continue as they should.
Asynchronous timers or Notifications depending on how you want to impliment it
GameMaker
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by GameMaker »

Shattered wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:40 am
GameMaker wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:15 am Is there any way to do parallel actions?
Asynchronous timers or Notifications depending on how you want to impliment it
I understood! I can use the button in notifications. Thanks!
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

xman911 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:32 am What does the button of "Do the thing" does?! Maybe you should also show what code and where, by showing some screenshots.
Just display the choice so it's possible to see if the eval is working or not. Here's the contents of the label for that first choice.

<eval>foo</eval>
If it was doing what I wanted it to, it should only show "pizza" on the first button if you push "Do the thing" first. Otherwise it should say "pancakes" or "waffles", depending on the current value of foo, and when foo changes the button text should change along with it.

But it doesn't. Pressing 'Set foo to "pancakes"' does what it says it's supposed to (as verified by the lines saying the current value of foo), but when pushing "Do the thing", the button still shows the value that was set in the initialization script.

Full code:

{
  "pages": {
    "start": [
      {
        "say": {
          "label": "<p>foo = <eval>foo</eval></p>"
        }
      },
      {
        "choice": {
          "options": [
            {
              "label": "Set foo to \"pancakes\"",
              "commands": [
                {
                  "goto": {
                    "target": "setpancakes"
                  }
                }
              ]
            },
            {
              "label": "Set foo to \"waffles\"",
                {
                    "target": "setwaffles"
                  }
                }
              ]
            },
            {
              "label": "Do the thing",
                {
                    "target": "thechoice"
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ],
    "setpancakes": [
      {
        "eval": {
          "script": "foo = \"pancakes\""
        }
      },
      {
          "target": "start"
        }
      }
    ],
    "setwaffles": [
      {
        "eval": {
          "script": "foo = \"waffles\""
        }
      },
      {
        }
      }
    ],
    "thechoice": [
      {
        }
      },
      {
            {
              "label": "<eval>foo</eval>",
                {
                  }
                }
              ]
            },
            {
              "label": "cereal",
                {
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ]
  },
  "modules": {},
  "files": {},
  "galleries": {},
  "editor": {
    "recentImages": []
  },
  "init": "var foo = \"pizza\";"
}
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by xman911 »

RemiHiyama wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:22 pm
xman911 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:32 am What does the button of "Do the thing" does?! Maybe you should also show what code and where, by showing some screenshots.
Just display the choice so it's possible to see if the eval is working or not. Here's the contents of the label for that first choice.

<eval>foo</eval>
If it was doing what I wanted it to, it should only show "pizza" on the first button if you push "Do the thing" first. Otherwise it should say "pancakes" or "waffles", depending on the current value of foo, and when foo changes the button text should change along with it.

But it doesn't. Pressing 'Set foo to "pancakes"' does what it says it's supposed to (as verified by the lines saying the current value of foo), but when pushing "Do the thing", the button still shows the value that was set in the initialization script.

You display things with "Say" not with "Eval" . "Eval" is to push things into the variable... "Say" is to show what the value of the said variable is right now.

So if you want for example to push the word "pizza" into your food variable you will use "Eval" and write:
There is an eval function in the choice button itself so you can change the variable with the push of a button.

food = "pizza"
If you want to display what is currently into your variable, you should use "Say" , then use "Insert Eval Tag" and write there food.

food

Here is an example, that every time you push the button "Give me more "pizza" " it will increase the number of pizza.

https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... e27f313cd4

Then you can add another function, that will trigger if the number of "pizzas" becomes greater than 5.

Of course that counting of the number of "pizzas" can be made invisible for the user, and can be made on different pages, with hidden timers and what not.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

xman911 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:50 pmYou display things with "Say" not with "Eval" . "Eval" is to push things into the variable... "Say" is to show what the value of the said variable is right now.
That's not an Eval action, that's an eval "tag". That's actually how evals in "Say" actions get stored in code.

But I'm not trying to show the value of a variable in normal text (I've already shown I can do that) or count things (I know how to do that too), I'm trying to have a Choice action with options that can show different things based on the contents of a variable.

{
              "label": "<eval>foo</eval>",
The label field doesn't have an option to enter the eval tag or other formatting tags (such as underline), but you can enter them manually and they'll work. Like how it I changed that label to this:

<u><eval>foo</eval></u>
And now it's underlined.

But the text on the button still doesn't change when the variable changes. Since I'm trying to do dynamic text on buttons, that's a problem.
astonia
Explorer
Explorer

Post by astonia »

RemiHiyama wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:39 pm The label field doesn't have an option to enter the eval tag or other formatting tags (such as underline), but you can enter them manually and they'll work. Like how it I changed that label to this:

<u><eval>foo</eval></u>
And now it's underlined.

But the text on the button still doesn't change when the variable changes. Since I'm trying to do dynamic text on buttons, that's a problem.
I can confirm the same behavior you are seeing. The eval within a button label seems to only be evaluated the first time. Subsequent passes continue to produce the original value from the eval, even when the new eval output should be different.
Philocalist
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Philocalist »

Hi guys,
I'm making a massive tease and I would really not like to run into a total tease size limit unprepared.
I couldn't find anything so I ask. Is there a limit at all to teases?
Edants
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Edants »

Hi everyone,

I am at the moment trying to create my own version of a Maze like "Talia's Maze". I figured out how to implement randomness and the Maze Layout but i ran into a problem at the end:

Can I track which girls i visited in my Maze and based on that add Choice Buttons on one page. So for example I met Girl1, Girl 3 and Girl4 while I wnt through the Maze. How do I set up a Page that basically says:

You have met the following Girls
[Girl1] [Girl 3] [Girl4]

I have absolutely no experience in coding and I just can't figure out how to implement Choice buttons based on visited pages.

Thanks for the help
Philocalist
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Philocalist »

Edants wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:48 am Hi everyone,

I am at the moment trying to create my own version of a Maze like "Talia's Maze". I figured out how to implement randomness and the Maze Layout but i ran into a problem at the end:

Can I track which girls i visited in my Maze and based on that add Choice Buttons on one page. So for example I met Girl1, Girl 3 and Girl4 while I wnt through the Maze. How do I set up a Page that basically says:

You have met the following Girls
[Girl1] [Girl 3] [Girl4]

I have absolutely no experience in coding and I just can't figure out how to implement Choice buttons based on visited pages.

Thanks for the help
You go to the settings, init script,
There you can put the code for it. It can be done many ways, I would do something like this:
var metGirls=[girl1:false, girl2:false, girl3:false, girl4:false];

then when you meet the girl you put in an eval action where you say metGirls.girl1=true;
And you've just met one.
Then at the end you can enable the choice buttons based on evaluating if a metGirls element is true or false. I believe enable scripting is on the bottom of the choice element.
Philocalist
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Philocalist »

Hi guys,
I'm making a massive tease and I would really not like to run into a total tease size limit unprepared.
I couldn't find anything so I ask. Is there a limit at all to teases? If there is do you know how much content is allowed?
P.S. I reposted it in the fear that no one sees this on the previous page
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Philocalist wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:46 pm Hi guys,
I couldn't find anything so I ask. Is there a limit at all to teases? If there is do you know how much content is allowed?
P.S. I reposted it in the fear that no one sees this on the previous page
There isn't a limit per se. At some point, the editor will run out of memory depending on how powerful your computer is. You'll probably notice the editor slowing down considerably long before you max out. Specifically, saving will likely become slower and slower I'd guess.

The server should be able to handle whatever you throw at it. And the viewer should also be able to handle quite large teases although I could see that eventually breaking, especially on less powerful devices.

I'd definitely be interested what issues you end up running into. The system can be made more efficient. I could even work on features that would make the maximum tease size effectively infinite. But it would get more complicated, so I don't know if it would be worth it. Sometimes, having some kind of limit can be a good thing.