Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by seraph0x »

FeetTickler wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 pm @seraph0x would it be possible to add something like the init script but which execute at the start of every pages and not only at the start of the tease ? That's would be very usefull and thank you very much for your hard work ! :-D
Yup, I've just added a feature for that. There is now a page change event you can listen to. Just put the following in your init script:

Code: Select all

console.log('This code runs when the tease is initializing.')

pages.addEventListener('change', function () {
  console.log('This code runs on every page.')
})
Have fun!
Revuin
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by Revuin »

I have a minor bug to report. When clicking different pages in the editor, the page menu will scroll somewhere else.

For example. If I have my pages named p1-p30 and I clicked p2, the page menu jumps down to around the p20 range. I can change what I need to in p2 but I have to scroll all the way back up to change p3.
Please feel free to check out My Teases

I changed usernames! Please see my new user TeasePlease
hankbelly
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by hankbelly »

Ok, so i know NOTHING about scripting. What I want is for a player to be presented with several choices, each worth a point amount, and for the tease to keep track of the points.
Example

Choice 1 (10 pts)
Choice 2 (20 pts)
Choice 3 (30 pts)
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FATALES »

hankbelly wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:34 am Ok, so i know NOTHING about scripting. What I want is for a player to be presented with several choices, each worth a point amount, and for the tease to keep track of the points.
Example

Choice 1 (10 pts)
Choice 2 (20 pts)
Choice 3 (30 pts)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21548&p=259238#p259238
amythx
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by amythx »

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Is there going to be a metronome API? PM me to get Web Audio related resources. I have gathered some knowledge on precision audio and would like to help if needed. A normal metronome is fine but getting something like patterns out of the EOS API would be grand.

Keep it up ;)

.Amy
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

Roundhound wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:08 am
Shattered wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:58 pm Coding isn't my specialty, so I'm basically going in blind and learning as I go

I don't really get the syntax of storage. I want to ask the user their name, then remember this for future visits. Do I add this to my InitScript?

teaseStorage.getItem(name)

or something else? Thanks anyone.
While I haven't worked with Eos yet I can give this a shot. Normally when storing something in memory like this you use key-value pairs. Basically you have some value that is identified by the key. Normally this key will be nothing more than a string (a basic word value with quotes around it).

Lets scribble out some code that I would use for something like this. It may not work directly because I haven't messed around with Eos yet. And yes this would go probably near the top of your init script.

<Variable to hold my key value because I'm lazy but also because its good practice>
var nameKey = "userName";

<Just declaring the variable name for our user's name>
var userName = "";

<Check to see if we already have a value stored. We will retrieve that value if it exists?
if (teaseStorage.getItem(nameKey) != null) {

userName = teaseStorage.getItem(nameKey);

} else {

<Since the value does not exist yet we will ask for the name and save it>
	userName = <Code to get user's name>;
	teaseStorage.addItem(nameKey, userName);

}

Sorry if it was a bit long winded and more than you wanted to know. I am a software developer myself and just really enjoy teaching others about it. I should probably jump into Eos a bit just to learn its API.
I finally got time to test this out, not sure what code to get users name is but I just filled it in as a set for now. Seems to get stuck on 'loading modules' in testing...anyone used this successfully so far?
Roundhound
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roundhound »

Shattered wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:01 am I finally got time to test this out, not sure what code to get users name is but I just filled it in as a set for now. Seems to get stuck on 'loading modules' in testing...anyone used this successfully so far?
So I didn't realize how GUI involved making of an EOS tease was. I made a quick tease that should do it now. It basically just lets you loop through setting and resetting a name.

Inside is a bunch of json data. I can't attach a json file to this post. Copy the data inside into a file and save it as a <something>.json file. Then you should be able to upload it to EOS.
Spoiler: show

{
  "pages": {
    "start": [
      {
        "say": {
          "label": "<p>Welcome, <eval>userName</eval></p>"
        }
      },
      {
        "choice": {
          "options": [
            {
              "label": "Reset Name",
              "commands": [
                {
                  "eval": {
                    "script": "//This resets both the userName in storage and\n//the userName object that is stored in the tease instance.\nteaseStorage.setItem(name, null)\nuserName = teaseStorage.getItem(name)"
                  }
                },
                {
                  "goto": {
                    "target": "start"
                  }
                }
              ]
            },
            {
              "label": "Continue",
                {
                    "target": "page2"
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ],
    "page2": [
      {
        "if": {
          "condition": "userName === null",
            {
              "prompt": {
                "variable": "userName"
              }
            },
            {
                "script": "//Set the value in storage to the userName variable that\n//got its value from the previous prompt step.\nteaseStorage.setItem(name, userName)"
              }
            },
            {
              }
            }
          ]
        }
      },
      {
          "condition": "userName !== null",
            {
                "label": "<p>Cool, you have a name.</p>"
              }
            },
            {
              }
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ]
  },
  "editor": {
    "recentImages": []
  },
  "modules": {
    "storage": {}
  },
  "galleries": {},
  "files": {},
  "init": "//Here we are just setting up some default values.\n//Name is just a constant that makes it easy to change in the future if needed.\nvar name = \"name\";\n//Fetch the name from storage.\nvar userName = teaseStorage.getItem(name);"
}
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Roundhound wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:01 am
Shattered wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:01 am I finally got time to test this out, not sure what code to get users name is but I just filled it in as a set for now. Seems to get stuck on 'loading modules' in testing...anyone used this successfully so far?
So I didn't realize how GUI involved making of an EOS tease was. I made a quick tease that should do it now. It basically just lets you loop through setting and resetting a name.

Inside is a bunch of json data. I can't attach a json file to this post. Copy the data inside into a file and save it as a <something>.json file. Then you should be able to upload it to EOS.

{
  "pages": {
    "start": [
      {
          "label": "<p>Welcome, <eval>userName</eval></p>"
        }
      },
      {
        "choice": {
          "options": [
            {
              "label": "Reset Name",
                {
                    "script": "//This resets both the userName in storage and\n//the userName object that is stored in the tease instance.\nteaseStorage.setItem(name, null)\nuserName = teaseStorage.getItem(name)"
                  }
                },
                {
                  }
                }
              ]
            },
            {
              "label": "Continue",
                {
                    "target": "page2"
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ],
    "page2": [
      {
          "condition": "userName === null",
            {
              "prompt": {
                "variable": "userName"
              }
            },
            {
                "script": "//Set the value in storage to the userName variable that\n//got its value from the previous prompt step.\nteaseStorage.setItem(name, userName)"
              }
            },
            {
              }
            }
          ]
        }
      },
      {
          "condition": "userName !== null",
            {
                "label": "<p>Cool, you have a name.</p>"
              }
            },
            {
              }
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ]
  },
  "editor": {
    "recentImages": []
  },
  "modules": {
    "storage": {}
  },
  "galleries": {},
  "files": {},
  "init": "//Here we are just setting up some default values.\n//Name is just a constant that makes it easy to change in the future if needed.\nvar name = \"name\";\n//Fetch the name from storage.\nvar userName = teaseStorage.getItem(name);"
}
I copied this into Eos and it said there was some sort of error and I couldn't import. I had a quick read through and couldnt see how its placed into storage as well...sorry :lol:
Roundhound
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roundhound »

Shattered wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:49 pm
Roundhound wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:01 am

I copied this into Eos and it said there was some sort of error and I couldn't import. I had a quick read through and couldnt see how its placed into storage as well...sorry :lol:
Yeah this needs to be imported through the restore process from your local computer. Ugh I can't even attach a text file to this.

Do these steps:
1. Create a file on your local computer called <something>.json
2. Open the file and copy paste the code into it and save the file.
3. Go to the EOS Editor and use the restore feature to upload the file you created in step one.
4. You should now have a tease called Save User Name in your list of teases.

If it still doesn't want to work then I'm not sure.
Basically all you need to do in your init step declare a userName variable and attempt to grab the username from storage.

//Name is the key you saved the userName under.
var userName = teaseStorage.getItem("name");
If you only want to prompt for a username if it doesn't exist we need an IF action.
Inside of that IF action put this as the eval condition

userName === null
This will make it so if userName is null or if it doesn't yet exist if will do the actions listed under the IF on the right hand side of the screen, not the middle.

For actions under the IF we add a Prompt action. For the variable name put userName;
We then need to add an EVAL step to run after that Prompt. This will be us saving the value to the teaseStorage.

//"name" needs to be the same value as in the first code block.
teaseStore.setItem("name", userName);
This should now be reading and saving the username and only asking for it if it doesn't yet exist. If it still doesn't quite work we could try out a voice chat/screen share or something.
FeetTickler
Explorer
Explorer

Post by FeetTickler »

Hi @seraph0x sorry to bother you again would it be possible to use variable for the label of a choice ? Because I'm working on a tease which will be available in multiple language and I have to duplicate all the choices for having them with the proper label (with the good language) ! Thank you by advance !
kong
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kong »

How to make an metrenome corresponding to a variable, ex varable lv=10 play metronome with 100 bpm, lv = 11 play meetronome with 110 bpm, lv 20 = 200 bpm ...
With the same audio file?

The audio file could have 60 bpm and then use .playbackRate = value;

Then only one eqation could be used for playing the audio at different BPM.

Or if there would be an open audio source implemented for metronomes in EOS, similar to thee librery to choose from but for audio filees / folders.

I tried to use javascript to play an audio source in EOS, but failed, have anyone found a line of code that works?

I found a way to implement randomness though, for example one variable. The code of line I used for making 1/10 chance of something "x=Math.floor(Math.random() * 11);" and then the if statemeent x > 9
Wierd though that x=10 doesn't work in the if statement
FeetTickler
Explorer
Explorer

Post by FeetTickler »

@kong can you send a copy paste of your code ? Because if you're realy doing it right I don't understand why it wouldn't work when x == 10
kong
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kong »

If you need two equal signs, then thats it!
==
Lamei
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lamei »

Hi guys. I trying to make a maze tease as I really liked webteases such as Talia's maze. I would like the girls to appear randomly for each tease room but this creates a problem.

At the moment I have some corridors and 9 tease rooms. When entering a tease room I can set a variable, var roomA1 = 1, then use EOS to ramdomly goto one of many girls, GOTO girl*. When the girl has finished I use many IF commands to check which room's var is currently set to 1, IF roomA1 === 1 then GOTO pageA1. This works fine with only a handfull of room but as the maze grows the webtease needs too many IF commands.

Is there a better way to do this. I've tried trying to save a string of text and then go back to that text later but can't get it to work. Eg when a random girl is finished it checks var 'exit' then goes to that page, pages.goto('%s', exit).

Any help would be great!
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FATALES »

Can I download EOS teases?
I would like to know what scripts have been used in YOUR TEASE - https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=39632