Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by FATALES »

Lamei wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 am Also, if someone could let me know how to use Java script to generate and store a random number between (and including) No.1 to No.52, that would be a big help.
var result = Math.floor((Math.random() * 52) + 1)
Lamei
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lamei »

FATALES wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am
Lamei wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 am Also, if someone could let me know how to use Java script to generate and store a random number between (and including) No.1 to No.52, that would be a big help.
var result = Math.floor((Math.random() * 52) + 1)
Thanks for your help Fatales! :-)
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

Lamei wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 am I'm trying to find out how to use the 'Audio' action to run a sound across several pages. I've enabled the 'continue across all pages' switch. The problem is i'm a noob with Java and I can't figure out how to use scripting to start/stop/pause the MP3 file. The Identifier i've chosen for the MP3 is 'SoundA'.
You can pause/play it with

Code: Select all

Sound.get("SoundA").play();
Sound.get("SoundA").pause();
There is also a function setVolum(0.1) setting the Volume between 0.0 and 1.0.
I am not aware that you can restart a audio file.
Lamei
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lamei »

kerkersklave wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:16 pm
Lamei wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 am I'm trying to find out how to use the 'Audio' action to run a sound across several pages. I've enabled the 'continue across all pages' switch. The problem is i'm a noob with Java and I can't figure out how to use scripting to start/stop/pause the MP3 file. The Identifier i've chosen for the MP3 is 'SoundA'.
You can pause/play it with

Code: Select all

Sound.get("SoundA").play();
Sound.get("SoundA").pause();
There is also a function setVolum(0.1) setting the Volume between 0.0 and 1.0.
I am not aware that you can restart a audio file.
Thank you very much! That helps me a lot. I can finally get to work on the Audio part of my project. Cheers
amythx
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by amythx »

Cheers for the notification functionality. I got to continue with my idea.

Q1: Is there a way to detect when a sound file has ended playing? Can we use events somehow?

Next feature requests

#1: Audio.get("sound_file_name.mp3");

I'm trying to build random beat patterns into my tease and it would be more convenient to just use eval to load them up. I quess I could "preload" them on the first slide and give them identifiers there. I'll look into that next.

#3: Share files between teases. I wanted to do some testing on a separate tease but couldn't be bothered to reupload the audio files. I'm now doing the testing on the original tease which is okay but do consider my idea. Wouldn't it decrease the storage load of the server?

- - -
I'm just going to praise seraph0x again for the editor. The UI is excellent especially for a beta. Thank you so much!
ashplosh
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by ashplosh »

I will say i have not used eos yet cause i have been busy but i did a tease that was made in eos from a user standpoint and not a developer standpoint, and wanted to suggest a change i think might be helpful, upon entering the art of web teasing section of the forum i had another suggestion that is much simpler.

My first suggestion and why i decided to post this was i did the tease and accidentally rated the tease i did and i don't know what i gave it, the screen went dark and i clicked around thinking maybe my computer was doing something funny this often happens for me if say java has a new update. Then i noticed it said thanks for rating i think it might be better if you could change your rating or if there was a bit more warning like maybe you have to click yes i am ready to rate the tease or no i don't want to rate the tease yet. The second suggestion would be to pin a link to eos in the art of web teasing section of the forums like we have for nyx so that it will be easier for people to find the eos editor.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

kerkersklave wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:59 pm
Marth85 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:10 am I am having trouble consoling out variables. I tried everything and still no win.
Logging to the console does not work for me either. Always throws an exception.
I just used say-actions for debugging.
Console logging should be fixed now.
amythx wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:28 am Q1: Is there a way to detect when a sound file has ended playing? Can we use events somehow?
Just added a JavaScript event system to Eos. You can now detect when a sound has finished playing via the end event.

See here: https://milovana.com/eos/editor/help/ap ... ndeventend
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

lolol2 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:31 pm Sorry for asking again, but I got no respond last time.
Is it possible or planned to display more than one picture per page?
A kind of galery mode on a page where you can display more pictures would be very cool. :-)
Interesting idea. I added an issue so I don't forget about it: https://github.com/milovana/eos-issues/issues/1
Marth85
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by Marth85 »

I'm not sure if this is already available but I would love to be able to share my teases with specific users before release.
Some sort of beta testing with a hashed password url to share with others.

Great work with everything and keeping up with requests.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

seraph0x wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:50 am
lolol2 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:31 pm Sorry for asking again, but I got no respond last time.
Is it possible or planned to display more than one picture per page?
A kind of galery mode on a page where you can display more pictures would be very cool. :-)
Interesting idea. I added an issue so I don't forget about it: https://github.com/milovana/eos-issues/issues/1
I was also thinking when creating my last tease, weather it could be possible to "generate" images in some way.
I like teases that have game-like elements. On the other hand this should not be too complicated.
I was thinking about something like placing images over a single background image, and maybe also a way to handle clicks on those images. Would be enough to build simple puzzle games, rooms where you can pick up objects, and stuff like that without exposing graphics APIs (I doubt the javascript based interpreter is efficient enough to do anything usefull with a low level API anyway).
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Looks like we have kind of the same idea... yes all of this would be awesome! :-)
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
qaz92
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by qaz92 »

Good day, I decided to make a game, I created more than 10 pages and quite a lot of logical chains that worked, but then I decided to add pictures, because here you can make them show up randomly, then apparently loaded a lot, about 100 pieces, and then something bad happened , the project has ceased to open (((and I am extremely sad that everything is lost (((I really do not like to do the same thing several times, can it be possible to restore the project? Thanks (((

restarted the browser, chrome, and it all worked again)) super!
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FATALES »

It's a shame that GIF pictures are not allowed.
They could be bounded by the size of, for example, up to 800kb
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FATALES »

We can insert a video ?

To EVAL I tried : iframe , document.getElementById but nothing.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

FATALES wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm We can insert a video ?
No, you can't. The embedded javascript is running in its own interpreter, you do not have access to the usual APIs, so you cannot manipulate the DOM. You are bound to the elements the editor allows, and video is not an option.
I think videos would be great, but if they are hosted externaly, it is problematic. Embedding is always an issue and the sites often change how to do it etc. and hosting it on milovana is probably too expensive.