Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
BopIT
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by BopIT »

Hey, I would like to point out that I know nothing about coding. That being said I do have a couple of ergonomic suggestions to make a great program greater.

Could there be single button/custom button short cuts for adding actions? IE to add an image to a page just click add action then type the letter "I" or to add audio do the same and type in the letter "a"

Second idea, I like being organized. That being said I prefer to add names to pages. Is it possible that when you add a page the cursor automatically is placed in a location to name the page rather then it being named the generic "pagex"

3rd idea. When I use the function "go to ___" and i type in the name of a new page. Can the program automatically create the page rather then it saying the prompt "that page does not exists, would you like to create it."

Completely new subject - I have an idea for a tease that I need some help in coding. Is it possible to assign variables that add up points over time? let's just say 10 seconds for fun.

If the viewer switches options mid page do I need some sort of code to stop the function of the first option?
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

BopIT wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 pm
Completely new subject - I have an idea for a tease that I need some help in coding. Is it possible to assign variables that add up points over time? let's just say 10 seconds for fun.
I'm still stuck in the flashtease mindset so take this with a pinch of salt because I imagine theres a way to do it much easier, but you could say, have 10 seperate pages, a hidden/secret timer at 1 second each, then each second it goes to a new page, adds one to the variable, et cetera.
Sexytimes 5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sexytimes 5 »

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:54 pm
Not sure, what you mean exactly.
You can not clear text from a page.
But if you go to a new page, the text is gone, but the image will stay there until you execute a new image-action.
"Pages" do not have much of a meaning for the content of the screen anymore.
They are the only logical points you can jump to, and the text is cleared if you move to a new one.
But you can keep changing pictures and text without changing a page.
[/quote]

Was just wondering since the EOS tease examples I looked at had text constantly obscuring areas of interest. For example "Look at my boobs" while text is blocking it. Thanks :-)
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

BopIT wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 pm Completely new subject - I have an idea for a tease that I need some help in coding. Is it possible to assign variables that add up points over time? let's just say 10 seconds for fun.
What you can do is to store the current time in a variable and then do calculations. Date.now() gives you the milliseconds since 1990. (There are other functions to deal with time, but for that kind of thing it is the simplest).

So you can store the time when the user reaches a certain point in the tease, just place an eval action and write:

Code: Select all

checkpointTime = Date.now();
Then, when you reach the point, where you want to messure the time difference and calculate points, you can do something like this:

points += (Date.now() - checkpointTime) / 1000 / 10;
[code]

You can now use this in a say action like: You currently have <points> points.

You have to initialize the points variable to 0 in the init script:
[code]
var points = 0;
I use stuff like that in my new tease to avoid changing the stroking sound too often while you navigate through a maze.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Sexytimes 5 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:54 pm For example "Look at my boobs" while text is blocking it. Thanks :-)
Yeah, I guess my new tease has this problem as well, or at least I did not try anything to avoid it.
It works better on larger screens, as the relative part of the image that is covered is smaller.
But I think there should really be an option that scales the image such that it does not overlapp with the text.
BopIT
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BopIT »

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:57 pm

Do I put the time in ms between the two "( )"?

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:57 pm
Then, when you reach the point, where you want to messure the time difference and calculate points, you can do something like this:

Do I need to use that code if I am measuring the points on a different page? or can I just use

variable==n
Even if I do get this working I found another issue that I need resolved. The choice option disappears after the first selection. I need the choices to remain on screen for my idea to work.

I have away around this to make my tease work but it's not as cool or as interactive.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

BopIT wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:31 pm

Do I put the time in ms between the two "( )"?
No, this gives you the current time and stores it in the variable "checkpointTime".
You do not have to change anything in this line.

On which page you do that is of no consequence.
(Date.now() - checkpointTime) gives you the duration from when "checkpointTime" was stored to the current time.
What you do with that, is up to you. I devided it by 1000 to get seconds and the by 10 to get "one point every 10 seconds".

variable==n
That checks whether a variable has value n.
Variables do not change by themselves, you have to change them. So no, if you want to measure time, you have to do, what I have done: take the current time at two points in your tease and take the difference.
BopIT wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:31 pm Even if I do get this working I found another issue that I need resolved. The choice option disappears after the first selection. I need the choices to remain on screen for my idea to work.
That is not possible and goes a bit against the concept of EOS.
If you want the user to choose again, just display a new set of buttons.
BopIT
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BopIT »

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:38 pm

I think I understand.

I put "eveluation"

When I want to time to stop from a choice action I put the evaluation

and when I am determining the results I would use the "if" action and say

points == n

or maybe

points >= n

I all ready found a different solution to get the results I want. But I'm just trying to learn how this works if I want to use it.

Sorry for being a complete nub to all of this
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Shattered wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:35 pm First bug report being that drag and drop doesn't seem to work in firefox but is in chrome, don't know if im missing something :whistle:
Hmm, works for me. Sometimes it can take a second for the drag to be recognized but I don't think there is anything I can do about that. If it's still happening for you, please make sure you're on the latest version of Firefox and let me know which OS you're using and which tab in Eos you were using.
saidi99 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:53 pm I tried to upload images to the Gallery and Files using edge and they do not actually show up. I tried dragging the images I want in and I tried using the upload button neither of them work. I get the Uploading files message but when it finishes there are no images uploaded.
I switched to Chrome and it works fine.
Works for me also. I tried both dragging and dropping as well as clicking the Upload button in latest Edge on Windows 10.
kerkersklave wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:07 pm Another issue:
If you place a say action in front of a choice action, the choice action is displayed immideately, if I am not mistaken (in auto-mode). If I switch of the typing effect, this does not happen anymore, even if I switch to "immediate", it will pause.
Fixed.
rrki69 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:40 pm Seems like a great step forward. The instructions keep covering the pictures though.
Redesigned the UI and downscaled the image so the instructions don't overlap. I might make it user-configurable in the future.

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:57 pm Just discoved another bug: if you set a time for the say action and allow the user to skip, the tease cannot be validated.
The validator says that the property is unknown.
Fixed.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

seraph0x wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:10 pm Fixed.
Thank's, and I've already found an other issue. ;-)
The store feature seems to see all or at least some users that are not locked in as one, that is obviously not ideal.
How it is supposed to work for users that are not locked in?
I would prefer, if I could either detect a user being not locked in or nothing would be stored for them at all.
BopIT
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BopIT »

Is there anyway to start an audio file at a different time?
- besides using audio editing software and uploading a million files.

I even tried to research this. and the best I have come up with is

var aud = file:audioname;
aud.currentTime = 10;

But the problem with that is that the script doesn't load. I think I messed up naming the audio variable.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Did some more tweaking to the layout algorithm. It's hard to find the balance between (1) having the picture take all the available space when there isn't much text (2) having enough space for larger text boxes (3) not having the picture jump around all the time.

I was playing around with having the picture automatically scale depending on the amount of text but the text is added progressively, bubble by bubble, so the picture ends up scaling in a jerky fashion.

What I ended up with is a system where the image can scale between 70% and 80% depending on the amount of text there is. That seems to be a decent compromise but there is room for further tweaking/customizability.
kerkersklave wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:05 am Thank's, and I've already found an other issue. ;-)
The store feature seems to see all or at least some users that are not locked in as one, that is obviously not ideal.
How it is supposed to work for users that are not locked in?
I would prefer, if I could either detect a user being not locked in or nothing would be stored for them at all.
Should be fixed. Tease storage should now work for both logged-in and non-logged-in users.

I also added options to the Eos import feature so you can selectively import different parts, e.g. just the files or just the pages.
Revuin
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Revuin »

Suggestion:

Ability to copy an action (say, if, eval, etc.) and paste into other pages.

This would be useful to me because I have complicated IF actions that I need to remake on every page that I want it on.

Could possibly add the copy option to the 3-dots menu that currently has (duplicate,delete). Then have the paste button next to (rename, duplicate, delete).
Please feel free to check out My Teases

I changed usernames! Please see my new user TeasePlease
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Ghandi wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:05 am I'm on Chrome, and I'm having problems with teases simply freezing after text input.
This seems to be a new bug introduced by the changes last night and seems to affect everyone.
FeetTickler
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by FeetTickler »

@Revuin you could download a backup of your code and copy pasting the if that you need on every pages this would be faster since there is not the feature you ask for yet