Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by kerkersklave »

Thanks for fixing this so quickly. I tried some fairly complex things now and so far everything is working fine. I have two questions/feature requests:

I'm using javascript to play/pause audio (playing beats of different speed depending on some variables). Would it be possible to add a flag that a audio file is paused initially? I've added all files on the first page and are pausing them right afterwards. Or is there some workarround like putting it on an unused paged?

At some point my gallery got deleted. I think it was due to loading a saved version of the tease. Is that possible? If so, could importing a script leave the files in place?

Edit:
Sometimes, after closing the editor or switching to an other tease, I get an old version of the tease script.
Probably some distributed cloud thing?

Edit 2:
I've just noticed, that the javascript editor fails to check for errors after 132 lines of code. Everything else keeps working fine. (I don't do anything really complicated, just a lot of different small things.)

Also, but really just as a suggestion: would it be possible to add an alternative page layout, I would like something, where there is seperate space for the image and text/buttons, so the text does not interfer with the image. (Maybe that is better though on full screen or with a larger screen outside the editor).

An other suggestion: Allow to disable/hide options of choice actions based on javascript. It is possible to simulate it having multiple choice options, but it gets very complicated.
Last edited by kerkersklave on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BopIT
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by BopIT »

The audio error is resolved! You work fast!
maciekm00
Explorer
Explorer

Post by maciekm00 »

I want to report a bug. Colored text doesn't work. It just shows the text as default color. At least in the preview mode (didn't try it after publishing).
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

kerkersklave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 pmAt some point my gallery got deleted. I think it was due to loading a saved version of the tease. Is that possible? If so, could importing a script leave the files in place?
Hmm, yeah I can see how that would be surprising. I think it's a useful feature - it allows you to back up all of the files etc. as well as the script all in one go.

I think the best way to solve that issue would be to give some options when you import. Something like:

[x] Import script
[ ] Import galleries
[x] Import files
[x] Import options

[ Import ]
kerkersklave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 pm Sometimes, after closing the editor or switching to an other tease, I get an old version of the tease script.
Probably some distributed cloud thing?
Note that the editor only saves after a short delay. If you close the window or change teases before then, your last changes won't get saved. (There is an indicator in the top right.)

I'm planning to improve the handling of those cases.

kerkersklave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 pm I've just noticed, that the javascript editor fails to check for errors after 132 lines of code. Everything else keeps working fine. (I don't do anything really complicated, just a lot of different small things.)
Interesting - the error checker is pretty basic so I'm not surprised it has limitations like that. I'm not sure I'm going to make it much fancier but it's a possibility.

kerkersklave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 pmAlso, but really just as a suggestion: would it be possible to add an alternative page layout, I would like something, where there is seperate space for the image and text/buttons, so the text does not interfer with the image. (Maybe that is better though on full screen or with a larger screen outside the editor).
The main thing about Eos layout-wise is that it's designed to work on different types of screens etc. I can give more control to the tease author but the risk is that people will make teases that work great on desktop but have issues on mobile and vice versa. At least with the "bubble" system there is a pretty good chance that it'll work ok across different devices.

kerkersklave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 pmAn other suggestion: Allow to disable/hide options of choice actions based on javascript. It is possible to simulate it having multiple choice options, but it gets very complicated.
So you could set a JavaScript expression for each option and if it's true, the option shows up? Yeah, that would be doable.

Edit: Ok, I've added that feature.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

seraph0x wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 am I think the best way to solve that issue would be to give some options when you import. Something like:
Yes, but now that I know how it works, it is fine.
seraph0x wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 am Note that the editor only saves after a short delay. If you close the window or change teases before then, your last changes won't get saved. (There is an indicator in the top right.)
Yes, but it was a version several minutes back and I have tested it in the viewer a few times in between.
It was very strange. Happend only once, when I accidently switched to an other tease and back very quickly.
I am more careful now, but I am trying to report everything I come across.
kerkersklave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 pm Interesting - the error checker is pretty basic so I'm not surprised it has limitations like that. I'm not sure I'm going to make it much fancier but it's a possibility.
It is already pretty ok. Would be nice to check names of variables between snippets and stuff, but it's not an IDE. The limit is a bit short though for the init script but one can always use an other editor for that.
seraph0x wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 am The main thing about Eos layout-wise is that it's designed to work on different types of screens etc.
I get that, and I think it will be great to be able to view them easily on phones etc.
An option "show text next to picture" would be enough for me. Making the area for the Picture a little bit smaller, so they don't overlapp. Sometimes, the user should be able to see everything on the picture and as an author you would not know were the text will end up.
seraph0x wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 am So you could set a JavaScript expression for each option and if it's true, the option shows up? Yeah, that would be doable.
Edit: Ok, I've added that feature.
Thanks! That's really great.

Another issue:
If you place a say action in front of a choice action, the choice action is displayed immideately, if I am not mistaken (in auto-mode). If I switch of the typing effect, this does not happen anymore, even if I switch to "immediate", it will pause.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Is it possible to place more than one picture at a page?
Would be even cooler when there is a possibility to do depending on variable values, like building a random overview page depending on user selections.

Love the new editor but I definitly need more how toos. :lol:
I don't get where I have to put java script for something like that...
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
Revuin
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Revuin »

How can a variable be used to change what is said?

This was my attempt.

Page1
Eval
var z = [0];
Goto Page2

Page2
Say z=<z>
If z = 0 then Action: Say "abc"

What happens is that on Page2, it'll say "z=0" but it won't say "abc"
Last edited by Revuin on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please feel free to check out My Teases

I changed usernames! Please see my new user TeasePlease
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Revuin wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:37 am How can a variable be used to change what is said?
What exactly are you trying to do?

First, your javascript syntax is broken.

var z = [0]; assigns an array that can contain multiple elements to z. In this case only containing the element "0". That does not seem to be what you want. If you want to just set it to 0 write: var z = 0;

Your usage of the Say action themes fine, just add an eval-element to the text containing z (or a more complicated javascript expression, but you have to learn some basic javascript for that).

In the if-action you have to write z === 0 to compare z to 0. = is assignment === is comparison (or == which is comparison after type conversion, but those details really do not matter here.)
Revuin
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Revuin »

Thank you kerkersklave, I got it to work with your advice. Sorry, I'm almost completely new to javascript and it was hard looking up what I wanted to do.

On page 1, it was actually a choice that can change the value of z but I simplified the example. I wanted the user's choice in Page 1 to change what is said on all future pages. I got it to work now
Please feel free to check out My Teases

I changed usernames! Please see my new user TeasePlease
Polvish
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Polvish »

Love the new editor! Look and feel is amazing!

I was rummaging through some of the code to try and debug some test teases better and realized you add the console to the interpreter which was a great idea! But every time i try and use it to check on variables it seems to throw exceptions left and right(different exceptions on different browsers). Also if I could throw a suggestion out there, I would say add getPage to the interpreter as well such we could supply the goto function with whichever page we wish(mostly random pages based on dice rolls and such)!

Really great work man, cant wait to see what I can make!

Also some functionality you can use in scripting:

Code: Select all

pages.isEnabled()
pages.enable()
pages.disable()
pages.getCurrentPageId()
console.log()/info()/warn()/error()
can use some of these in the eval to change what pages you show or navigate to!
sparkyjo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sparkyjo »

Am I right in thinking you can use "Prompt" and "if" to create a password to go to the next page?
If so how is it done?
Also In (the appropriately named) Edge I can't seem to drag actions to change the order that things happen.
But I haven't tried another browser yet.
fantastic editor by the way, very intuitive. :thumbsup: :thankyou: :thumbsup:
Drool
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Drool »

Am I right in thinking you can use "Prompt" and "if" to create a password to go to the next page?
If so how is it done?
This should work:
Spoiler: show
eos pw1.jpg
eos pw1.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
eos pw2.jpg
eos pw2.jpg (82.66 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Polvish wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:39 am

pages.isEnabled()
pages.enable()
pages.disable()
pages.getCurrentPageId()
console.log()/info()/warn()/error()
Interessting, does isEnabled/enable/disable take a page id as argument?

You can also control sound with:

Sound.get("identifier form sound dialog").play()/pause()
Probably there is also a restart or something like that.

The scripting API is really nice, I just miss a short documentation.
rrki69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by rrki69 »

Seems like a great step forward. The instructions keep covering the pictures though. Can this be saved on tease me?
rebekeplex
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rebekeplex »

Hey guys, I came to back to Milovana after a while and to my pleasant surprise this project is being developed. I want to say that I'm really glad that this is happening, since the I'm incapable of scripting via the scripting engine for GuideME. I also noticed that there is a video tutorial on YT, which is indeed very helpful. I was considering to like and subscribe, but for obvious reasons it is not the best idea :D

I also wanted to ask, if the EOS is now safe to use (I saw some test teases) or what the actual state of it is ?