Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
Lucifie
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by Lucifie »

That looks very promising. :-)
Cant wait to see the first teases build with EOS.
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by slaveashish »

Possible Bug

Browser: Chrome Version 71

When typing anything in a text box in a page, the width of the text box seems to be getting adjusted and the flow of the text changes. This wouldn't be that bad if not for the fact that chrome autoscrolls horizontally and many a times the rightmost side of the text box becomes hidden

It is fine here

But the scroll messes up here. This view happened by itself as I was typing

Also can we start a new thread where scripting related questions can be asked? Wouldn't want to mix that in with the testing part right?

Anyway I have a question

In the eval function is it possible to use wildcards? For e.g. have the user enter 5 different names for themselves and capture them using prompt in Name1, Name2, Name3, Name4 and Name5, and then later use it as "Hello <Name*>
I tried it exactly as above and it did not work. Is there some other way to do it?
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

slaveashish wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:31 pm In the eval function is it possible to use wildcards? For e.g. have the user enter 5 different names for themselves and capture them using prompt in Name1, Name2, Name3, Name4 and Name5, and then later use it as "Hello <Name*>
I tried it exactly as above and it did not work. Is there some other way to do it?
The placeholders in messages are Javascript code, so you can put any javascript expression there.

If you want to handle more than one value and select one of them later, I would use an array. You have to initialize it in the init script (see under options). Put there something like:

Code: Select all

var z = [];
Now use something like z[0] and z[1] and so on as variables for the prompt. If you want to store an arbitrary number of values (e.g. visiting the same page with the prompt multiple times) you could even use z[z.length] as a prompt variable.

Then you can create a message containing all values with Say like this:

Hello <z.join(",")>
If you want to select a value randomly, you could do something like this:

Hello <z[getRandomInt[0, z.length]>
You have to define the function getRandomInt first in the init script:

function getRandomInt(min, max) {
    min = Math.ceil(min);
    max = Math.floor(max);
    return Math.floor(Math.random() * (max - min + 1)) + min;
}
You can do almost anything like that as long as it does not get computationally expensive.
But you can build quite complicated data structures managing the information in a tease.
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by slaveashish »

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:28 pm
slaveashish wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:31 pm In the eval function is it possible to use wildcards? For e.g. have the user enter 5 different names for themselves and capture them using prompt in Name1, Name2, Name3, Name4 and Name5, and then later use it as "Hello <Name*>
The placeholders in messages are Javascript code, so you can put any javascript expression there.

If you want to handle more than one value and select one of them later, I would use an array. You have to initialize it in the init script (see under options). Put there something like:

var z = [];
Now use something like z[0] and z[1] and so on as variables for the prompt. If you want to store an arbitrary number of values (e.g. visiting the same page with the prompt multiple times) you could even use z[z.length] as a prompt variable.

Then you can create a message containing all values with Say like this:

Hello <z.join(",")>
If you want to select a value randomly, you could do something like this:

Hello <z[getRandomInt[0, z.length]>
You have to define the function getRandomInt first in the init script:

function getRandomInt(min, max) {
    min = Math.ceil(min);
    max = Math.floor(max);
    return Math.floor(Math.random() * (max - min + 1)) + min;
}
You can do almost anything like that as long as it does not get computationally expensive.
But you can build quite complicated data structures managing the information in a tease.
Oh wow, so much code :) But good to know that it is doable.
Thanks a lot

I would have guessed that there would be an inbuilt function in javascript to generate a random number between two numbers like randbetween in excel.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

slaveashish wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:31 pm When typing anything in a text box in a page, the width of the text box seems to be getting adjusted and the flow of the text changes. This wouldn't be that bad if not for the fact that chrome autoscrolls horizontally and many a times the rightmost side of the text box becomes hidden
Great bug report - the screenshots helped a lot! Should be fixed now.

slaveashish wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:31 pm Also can we start a new thread where scripting related questions can be asked? Wouldn't want to mix that in with the testing part right?
I'm not too particular about what this thread should contain. If you want to start a separate thread, you can use the Technical Support forum and make sure you include "Eos" in the title.

MMAI wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:05 am One other question - is the Eos code available anywhere? I've done some debugging of it out of curiosity (just with the Firefox console) but occasionally will get stack traces that reference the minified code instead of anything understandable.
Right now I have no plans to open-source Eos, although I have considered it. There is even an ancient version of Eos on GitHub from 2012 - about four rewrites ago. ;-)

xman911 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:17 am When I go to the timer and set the Behavior to Asynchronous, two errors are showing up.
Thanks for the report, should be fixed now!
Viking_SV
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Viking_SV »

I think I've come across a bug using EoS.

Whenever I set up galleries, then click on another tease, the galleries and audio files I upload seem to disappear completely.

Found it out by accident. Sometimes it does it, other times it doesn't. I've only been able to replicate twice.

Maybe it happens when there are still files being uploaded? I'll test that and update if I can replicate it through that.

Edit: No luck replicating it consistently. Not sure what the deal is, only happened three times in total out of around 50 attempts. Not sure what I was doing differently on the ones where it happened.

Edit #2: Now my preview is broken, but the files are all there. No errors, I deleted the pages I was working on to try and start over. No luck.
Creator of Hentai TOTM Rosaria's Hentai Lottery. Hentai Enthusiast.

DM Me Any Suggestions, Requests, or Bug Reports :-D
Fleischabfall
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: None of the above

Post by Fleischabfall »

Hello,

First things first: Great Job!

And now the first bugs I found ;-) :

1. Sometimes I am not able to open a tease I created in my Chrome-browser. Changing browsers to edge or ff sometimes worked.
2. I created a choice-action and inserted a asyncron-timer. In the timer there are a say and another choice. Both pop up if the timer ends. The normal progress code meanwhile consists of a say and a choice action, too. Anyway if the say action has finished the choice doesn't appear. When I delete the say it works.

Here a small oversight.

Page1
---Choice
------Say
------As-Timer
---------Say
---------Choice (works)
------Say(x)
------Choice(does only work when I delete say(x)

BTW I already tried changing the pause behavior after the say(x). Does nothing.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

There seems to be an issue with random images: if I pic a galery (one I've created myself, don't know if that matters), and select "random image" from that galery, the tease fails to be safed. If I change the image part of the locator to "*" the same thing happens.
I had occational errors to store because of json syntax errors before, I think that was due to formatting in the say action. I could not track it down though.

Edit:
I have figured out one case: if the init script contains a = the generated json for backup cannot be uploaded again. This seems very strange.

Edit 2:
Ok, I'm not sure anymore that this has anything to do with EOS itself. The error semes to be that the reply to the graphql-query cannot be parsed. This is, because it is a message form cloudflare that I have been blocked: "Sorry, you have been blocked" (it is a html website).

Somehow this only happens if I do certain things in the editor, most of the time it works. It is all very random, I can only imagine something like you using some cloudflare magic and it is detecting something in certain requests?

Does anybody else get these random issues?
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

I think there is some issue with if-actions. They work fine in the editor, but if I go to publish I get messages like these for every if-action:

pages.mypage[0].if.then	The property then is required
pages.mypage[0].if	The property commands is not defined and the definition does not allow additional properties
If I look in the exported json, I see something like this:

"if": {
          "condition": "somecondition",
          "commands": [
            {
              "goto": {
                "target": "otherpage"
              }
            }
          ]
        }

It looks like the validator is checking for a property "then" but it is actually called "commands".
plonker
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by plonker »

This looks really good, thank you for your hard work.
I'm using Chromium browser running on Raspberry Pi (!) and it seems to work fine, if a bit slow, for the simple things I have been messing with. But I haven't published anything yet.
Tutorials are very well done.
One question/request - how do you incorporate a metronome?
BopIT
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BopIT »

I am new to the whole creating teases. And I must say that this editor is pretty intuitive to use. Mad props for seraph0x!

I was hoping to get some help with some issues I am having (probably mostly on my end). I am having an error that says "pages.page9[1].audio.play.id NULL value found, but a string/boolean is required." I have no clue how to resolve that. I pretty much just have an audio metronome and another audio background track going on. I left the identifier text block blank, and continue to other pages set to off.

Secondly I would like some help about how to feasibly enter an idea I have. I would like to post a couple of Q and As and if the viewer answers say 60% correct they can unlock another section of a tease. Is that something that is possible to do?

Thanks in advance for any help
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

BopIT wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:53 pm I was hoping to get some help with some issues I am having (probably mostly on my end). I am having an error that says "pages.page9[1].audio.play.id NULL value found, but a string/boolean is required." I have no clue how to resolve that. I pretty much just have an audio metronome and another audio background track going on. I left the identifier text block blank, and continue to other pages set to off.
Sounds like the id being NULL is a problem somewhere. I would just try entering a (unique) value, even if you do not actually need it.
BopIT wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:53 pm Secondly I would like some help about how to feasibly enter an idea I have. I would like to post a couple of Q and As and if the viewer answers say 60% correct they can unlock another section of a tease. Is that something that is possible to do?
Yes, that would be easy to do. Use the init script in the setting to declare two variables, aswered and correct:

var answered = 0;
var correct = 0;
Use a custom action sequence with an evaluate action when the user makes the correct or wrong choice. For the correct choice increase both variables like this:

++answered;
++correct;
For the wrong choice just increase "answered".

Then you want to check, whether enough answers have been reached, use an if-action with the condition:

correct / answered >= 0.6
(Now I've noticed that you might want a ration of all answers, so then you just have to count the correct answers and compare them with a threshold).

But stuff like that is really simple to do now with just a few javascript statements.
BopIT
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BopIT »

Thanks kerkersklave. That looks really helpful. Unfortunately entering in number values into the identifier doesn't solve the audio error. Funnily enough the page plays the way I would like it to with the error.

I look forward to making pages with those codes!
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

"Identifyer" should be a name. So enter a bunch of letters like foo.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Viking_SV wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:23 amMaybe it happens when there are still files being uploaded? I'll test that and update if I can replicate it through that.
Yeah, changing teases while you are uploading files or while you have unsaved changes (indicator in top right says "Waiting..." or "Saving...") could definitely cause serious problems.

It's not a simple bug to fix so for now please just wait for any in-progress actions to finish before switching teases. I'll try to take a look as soon as I have some free time.

kerkersklave wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:00 pm This is, because it is a message form cloudflare that I have been blocked: "Sorry, you have been blocked" (it is a html website).
Thanks for the report. Fixed.

Fleischabfall wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:41 am 1. Sometimes I am not able to open a tease I created in my Chrome-browser. Changing browsers to edge or ff sometimes worked.
When something like that happens, i.e. a tease gets into a state where you can't open it in a given browser, it would be great if you guys could stop touching the tease at that point and send me the ID. That way I can try to open it on my end and hopefully reproduce the issue. As is, unfortunately this bug report doesn't give me much to go on.

Fleischabfall wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:41 am 2. I created a choice-action and inserted a asyncron-timer. In the timer there are a say and another choice. Both pop up if the timer ends. The normal progress code meanwhile consists of a say and a choice action, too. Anyway if the say action has finished the choice doesn't appear. When I delete the say it works.
I created the structure you outlined and it seemed to work fine. Can you see if the issue got fixed somehow? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the behavior you're expecting to see?

This would also be a case where it would be helpful to have an ID for an example tease that exhibits the issue.

Thanks for the help testing, I really appreciate it!
kerkersklave wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:30 pm I think there is some issue with if-actions. They work fine in the editor, but if I go to publish I get messages like these for every if-action:

pages.mypage[0].if.then The property then is required
pages.mypage[0].if The property commands is not defined and the definition does not allow additional properties
Thanks for the report, fixed!

Generally, some people correctly pointed out that sometimes there will be errors on the Publish page but the Preview will still work. That's very much intentional. In Eos, you have a private working draft of the script that you can edit all you want and Eos doesn't really verify it. Then, when you try to publish, Eos verifies the tease more rigorously before letting you make it public. That gives you the freedom to temporarily have "bugs" in your tease. For example, when you want to delete a page that some Goto actions are referring to, Eos will let you delete the page but it won't let you re-publish until you fix those Goto actions.

Another advantage of this feature is that you can edit a tease even after it's published without those edits being visible until you're ready to re-publish. I.e. you can make some changes without affecting anyone who is viewing your tease and once you're ready you just go through the publish flow again to update the tease.

BopIT wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:53 pm I am having an error that says "pages.page9[1].audio.play.id NULL value found, but a string/boolean is required
Thanks for the report! This error should be fixed now. If you still get it, delete and re-add the offending action and it should be good!