HTML5 viewer is now default for FlashTeases

You can find important news and current events here.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

HTML5 viewer is now default for FlashTeases

Post by seraph0x »

We've been testing the HTML5 viewer for FlashTeases for a while and it seems to work pretty well for most teases. Given how little support there is for Flash nowadays, I think it's best to start using it as the default. I do recognize that there is a small number of teases that don't work in the new viewer. If you run into any tease like that, please post it here.

That said, there is little support for Flash nowadays so I think it's time to bite the bullet and switch over.

I also recognize that it's difficult for authors to test the HTML5 version if they are working with the Nyx editor which is still using the Flash viewer for its preview feature. However, we are working on a new HTML5 based editor which should launch soon-ish, so this should only be a temporary issue.

As always, I'm interested in everyone's feedback. Please keep it civil, I will take all voices seriously, especially the ones who show some recognition of the fact that we are trying to do a lot with little resources and time.
thongs911
Explorer
Explorer

Re: HTML5 viewer is now default for FlashTeases

Post by thongs911 »

I think it is a great idea, so this great site can carry on long after the scurge of flash is dead.

One thing that is missing with the HTML5 teases is with flash teases, there was a link with the author's name to take you to view their other teases. It would be great if that could be brought back.
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 666 »

Just clicked on 'The Hairy Edge' and I don't understand how the rating works... I clicked on the star expecting it to give me a choice of stars to chose from but it just said 'Thanks for your rating', I suspect this may be why this tease has 5 stars!
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by lolol2 »

Good idea!
Then there is only one more thing to do... changing the flash symbol in the tease list to something new. ;-)

My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

666 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:13 pm Just clicked on 'The Hairy Edge' and I don't understand how the rating works... I clicked on the star expecting it to give me a choice of stars to chose from but it just said 'Thanks for your rating', I suspect this may be why this tease has 5 stars!
That would be the case if you have already rated the tease. It seems to work for me, i.e. if I click the star it opens a popup saying "Choose your rating". Were you logged in at the time? (If you're logged in, it checks whether your account has already rated the tease. If you're not logged in, it checks whether your IP has already rated the tease.)

There could definitely be a glitch, so please let me know your observations.
thongs911 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:26 pm One thing that is missing with the HTML5 teases is with flash teases, there was a link with the author's name to take you to view their other teases. It would be great if that could be brought back.
Great idea!
hhhobo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hhhobo »

Great!N ow I can't view any flash tease. All I get is a flashing logo that says, "Loading Engine". After waiting fifteen minutes nothing changes. So long, Milovana.
rabbithole
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by rabbithole »

This is a great step forward for the Milovana community. Thank you, seraph0x, for your hard work and your continued support. I have no real complaints as of this time. I've had some pages load slowly, which can cause awkward hiccups in the flow of the tease, especially during timer portions. But that could have to do with my computer as well. Just one question: Will they continue to be called "FlashTeases" in the future? Or should we come up with a new name that's more accurate? ;-)

Also, while I have your attention, is there anything that can be done about the appspot viewer (since it hasn't been updating for some weeks now)? I and several others have already voiced concern over in its forum thread, but with no response from its creator, tommyberlin86. Is he the only user with access to the appspot's backend? While it has become somewhat dated, that viewer still runs quickly and smoothly for most teases, and it has its advantages in certain situations... namely for streamlined mobile viewing, checking for new teases, bookmarking pages within a tease, or even debugging. Is there anything you can do to help restore it?
Four Floors, Four Doors (Normal)
Floor: 1 | Points: 0 | Pool Points: 62 (2600) | Doors Opened: 3 | Gambles: 4
Last Ruin: 11/16 | Last Cum: 11/13 | Edges So Far: 211
Quarz
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Quarz »

seraph0x wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:48 pm That would be the case if you have already rated the tease. It seems to work for me, i.e. if I click the star it opens a popup saying "Choose your rating". Were you logged in at the time? (If you're logged in, it checks whether your account has already rated the tease. If you're not logged in, it checks whether your IP has already rated the tease.)

There could definitely be a glitch, so please let me know your observations.
Same for me. It only happens if I am logged in. Being logged out while on the same PC will let me rate the tease.

This isn't necessarily something about the html5 version, though. I recently had the same issue with some flash teases, but not all of them. E.g. 38626 lets me rate like normal 38542 doesn't let me rate.

Edit: Unless you changed something it also doesn't seem to be consistent, as I can now rate them again.
Ph0enixAsh
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Ph0enixAsh »

hhhobo wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:35 pm Great!N ow I can't view any flash tease. All I get is a flashing logo that says, "Loading Engine". After waiting fifteen minutes nothing changes. So long, Milovana.
If you haven't already, try clearing your web browser's cache. Big changes like this often come with some growing pains and sometimes you just have to be patient and report issues in order to make sure it all gets smoothed out. Don't be so quick to throw in the towel.

If you still can't load the HTML5 engine, you can still get the flash version by modifying the URL.

Code: Select all

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=38252&html=1
changes to

Code: Select all

https://milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=38252
Specifically, change showtease.php to showflash.php and delete &html=1
Hopefully this will get you by in the meantime :-D

seraph0x wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:08 am I do recognize that there is a small number of teases that don't work in the new viewer. If you run into any tease like that, please post it here.
I found a a small bug and I only have the one test case at the moment: in the tease used in my example above, from the teases "main menu" select "load tease" and a code entry page displays with the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 0. However, in the flash version, the Zero button displays without issue. In the HTML version, the button is blank. My guess is that maybe the compiler is viewing the zero character as null instead of a button name?

EDIT: After some quick hunting I've found a few teases with similar layouts and this appears to be consistently replicable. I haven't (yet) run into any zero buttons that display properly in HTML5.

Known Teases with "0" buttons:
38252 - Bokki Tease Club Ω by Shattered - ISSUE REPLICATED
37887 - EdgeQuiz 2: Small Tits For Smart Edger by classicalquestion - ISSUE REPLICATED
37837 - The P.T.A. by sparkyjo - ISSUE REPLICATED
37580 - Chastity 6: Parallel;Lives by Shattered - ISSUE REPLICATED
Longest Denial: 61 Days
GAME OVER
FINAL RESULTS
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Yes same problem with my tease too, button that are just named with "0" are empty.
But I guess that isn't a big issue to fix. ;-)

And maybe another bug reported here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&p=254941#p254941
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
ma4rty
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ma4rty »

It's something I've been looking from the beggining of my JOIP teases and Miloavana site.
I truely never expected this would happend. Double shock!

What a time to be alive!
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Looks also like when you update a flash tease it gets not directly updated for the html5 player?
Is there some delay or have it to be updated manually in the background?
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
iluvcbt
Explorer
Explorer

Post by iluvcbt »

It also seems that the teases with audio cues, at least some of the older ones (Iana's Maze, for example) just stop working when there's an audio part to the page, like a metronome or a command to edge.
Sisyphuster
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sisyphuster »

How should this change impact iOS users? For example, using an iPad on all browsers (including Puffin), I’m getting the loading wing and then a black screen. Have tried clearing cache. Any other helpful advice, gents? Overall, glad we’re leaving flash behind!
Jquan2020
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Jquan2020 »

I noticed that the milovana HTML site is not working properly on my Android anymore it has teases from Sept. And none from this month, I can't even type in the number of the tease I want, it says the gateway has timed out, so basically this is gonna be another website like that one, but one that's updated so I can do flash teases again, (cause there r a few I'd like to do, but can't due to the site not working)? 🤔