HTML5 viewer is now default for FlashTeases

You can find important news and current events here.
Fishface777
Explorer
Explorer

Re: HTML5 viewer is now default for FlashTeases

Post by Fishface777 »

Fab advance, thank you.

On a very selfish level, any idea why my new tease is saying only 23 views? That can’t be right surely?
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lestrian »

could we have a debug mode? (that is, showing a "skip delay" button on every page with a timer) it could be hidden and only accessible by adding, say, "debug=1" to the url
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

lolol2 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:58 pmThen there is only one more thing to do... changing the flash symbol in the tease list to something new. ;-)
I think I might keep the symbol. Otherwise it'll just cause confusion. Think of it as "those teases created with the Flash-based editor (Nyx)". It'll make more sense soon, I promise.
hhhobo wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:35 pm Great!N ow I can't view any flash tease. All I get is a flashing logo that says, "Loading Engine". After waiting fifteen minutes nothing changes. So long, Milovana.
Happy to look into why it's not working for you. Please let me know what browser and browser version you're using. Also, make sure you test in incognito/private mode just to make sure there are no extensions messing it up.
rabbithole wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:11 pm This is a great step forward for the Milovana community. Thank you, seraph0x, for your hard work and your continued support. I have no real complaints as of this time. I've had some pages load slowly, which can cause awkward hiccups in the flow of the tease, especially during timer portions. But that could have to do with my computer as well. Just one question: Will they continue to be called "FlashTeases" in the future? Or should we come up with a new name that's more accurate? ;-)
Perhaps "Nyx teases"?
rabbithole wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:11 pmAlso, while I have your attention, is there anything that can be done about the appspot viewer (since it hasn't been updating for some weeks now)? I and several others have already voiced concern over in its forum thread, but with no response from its creator, tommyberlin86. Is he the only user with access to the appspot's backend? While it has become somewhat dated, that viewer still runs quickly and smoothly for most teases, and it has its advantages in certain situations... namely for streamlined mobile viewing, checking for new teases, bookmarking pages within a tease, or even debugging. Is there anything you can do to help restore it?
It wouldn't be a very efficient use of time for me to try to debug someone else's application. I do hope someone can track down tommyberlin and get him to update it.
Quarz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:43 pm Edit: Unless you changed something it also doesn't seem to be consistent, as I can now rate them again.
Yeah, no idea what's going on with that. Can't reproduce the issue on my end so far. If anyone can figure out under what circumstances it's happening, please let me know.
Ph0enixAsh wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:45 pm However, in the flash version, the Zero button displays without issue. In the HTML version, the button is blank.
Great bug report, thank you! FIxed.
lolol2 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:25 pm And maybe another bug reported here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&p=254941#p254941
Thanks for the report! Fixed.
ma4rty wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:56 pm I truely never expected this would happend. Double shock!
Milovana sleeps but she never dies.
lolol2 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:26 pm Looks also like when you update a flash tease it gets not directly updated for the html5 player?
Is there some delay or have it to be updated manually in the background?
That was a bug. Fixed.

I'm planning to get through all major bugs this weekend, so please keep 'em coming. :love:

Going to take a break for now though.
ilove_cei
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by ilove_cei »

Not directly a bug with the new HTML teases, but the Random Tease link still links to flash versions and not HTML
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Sisyphuster wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:43 am How should this change impact iOS users? For example, using an iPad on all browsers (including Puffin), I’m getting the loading wing and then a black screen. Have tried clearing cache. Any other helpful advice, gents? Overall, glad we’re leaving flash behind!
Just fixed an issue on iOS. Works for me now in Mobile Safari on iOS. Please let me know if the issue persists in other browsers or of any other issues you notice on iOS.

Edit: Sounds are not working on iOS Safari. This is because of a limitation of that browser that is tricky to work around.
amythx
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by amythx »

Great work!

Is the source available somewhere?

I would be interested in improving the usability of viewer. I think the elements (image, text, timer, buttons) could be arranged differently especially in the mobile.

Is there a limit to the amount of text per page?

/Amy
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

ilove_cei wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:03 pm Not directly a bug with the new HTML teases, but the Random Tease link still links to flash versions and not HTML
Fixed. Now that the HTML viewer is default, I removed the "html=1" from the URLs. You can still get the Flash viewer by replacing "showtease" with "showflash".
Fishface777 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 pm On a very selfish level, any idea why my new tease is saying only 23 views? That can’t be right surely?
Already mentioned this in another thread but the new viewer wasn't counting views. D'oh. Fixed now.
lestrian wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:23 pm could we have a debug mode? (that is, showing a "skip delay" button on every page with a timer) it could be hidden and only accessible by adding, say, "debug=1" to the url
Sure. I added a timer skip feature to preview mode. Preview mode is "&preview=1" added to the url and you need to be the author.
amythx wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:53 am I would be interested in improving the usability of viewer. I think the elements (image, text, timer, buttons) could be arranged differently especially in the mobile.
So far you've only seen Eos in Nyx compatibility mode, i.e. Eos showing flashteases. The layout for those is intentionally kept the same in order to minimize breakage of existing teases.

Actual Eos teases use a totally new layout that was designed with mobile in mind - so stay tuned.
Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Mopar »

The webtease filter is having issues.

If you select 20pp first and any other sort second, it reverts back to the old # arg instead of ?
https://milovana.com/webteases/#pp=20&type=2

If you do that in reverse order, it works fine but you only get
https://milovana.com/webteases/

The permanent bookmark links also have a small error. & is encoded as &

Can perhaps the red flash logo link to showflash and the text link to showtease?
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Looks like I have a broken .mp3 file in my tease, when I call a page with that filename as audio the tease will crash with this error.

Tease: 37050
Filename: 812a.mp3
Failed to load https://media.milovana.com/timg/32c18e7 ... 6df574.mp3: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.

Error preloading page pagename: TypeError: Failed to fetch

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to fetch

In the flash tease there is no problem and the file gets played without any problem.
When I click on the link in the error message I get the correct .mp3 file and it's playing, don't know why the html5 player can't access it. :no:

Any help for this problem? :-)

Update:
Working now... if you didn't fixed it, it was maybe just temporarily?
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
Dom/me(s): Miss Tress

Post by Sissy Elise »

by looks of things it is a chrome problem:

Code: Select all

The Web Audio autoplay policy will be re-enabled in Chrome 70 (October 2018). Please check that your website is compatible with it. https://goo.gl/7K7WLu
index.js:4527 loaded module: audio
?host:1 Failed to load https://media.milovana.com/timg/2a50b00….mp3: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
index.js:4527 Error preloading page preload1: TypeError: Failed to fetch
asyncToGenerator.js:6 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to fetch
  
TEASES   VIDEOS   GAMES   ART
💕  Latest Tease:    Rock Paper Scissors - Visual Game
📼  Latest vids:      Sissy Trainer 22     🆕

CockHeroChampion12
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by CockHeroChampion12 »

I have made a new tease using NYX, the metronome is working on there and is also working on the flash player. But will not work on the html5 viewer.

here's the links. https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=38711

https://milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=38711
Spoiler: show
ImageImage ImageImage Image
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sissy Elise »

For those still wondering about this chrome issue, it has been pushed back to December 2018 (chrome 71)

Chrome is trying to stop the misuse of auto-play on sites..
Eg: annoying auto-play adverts.

Hopefully you will be able to white-list sites that are allowed to auto-play sounds/video

There is an auto-play policy been put into place:
chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teases with sounds less than 7 seconds will still play in chrome...
Eg: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=35463 (Skip Preloader)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There also appears to be a second problem with fetching sounds on some teases:

Access to fetch at 'https://media.milovana.com/timg/2a50b00 ... a20a52.mp3' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.

example: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=35532
  

Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sissy Elise »

Sissy Elise wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:56 am Access to fetch at 'https://media.milovana.com/timg/2a50b00 ... a20a52.mp3' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
Thanks seraph0x for the fix on this :smile:

I like the autopause feature on teases (if tease is not in focus) this will be helpful in some teases.

Any chance of having an override code for this? As this will causes problems on some teases.
Eg: User has to do a task like write lines or watch a video on a different tab whilst a timer counts down on the tease and alerts them to call them back.
  

seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Sissy Elise wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 am
Sissy Elise wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:56 am Access to fetch at 'https://media.milovana.com/timg/2a50b00 ... a20a52.mp3' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
Thanks seraph0x for the fix on this :smile:
Wasn't me - this bug was just a bit random so it would appear and disappear. But is finally fixed now.

Sissy Elise wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 am I like the autopause feature on teases (if tease is not in focus) this will be helpful in some teases.

Any chance of having an override code for this? As this will causes problems on some teases.
Eg: User has to do a task like write lines or watch a video on a different tab whilst a timer counts down on the tease and alerts them to call them back.
It's not an intentional feature - I think what you're seeing is that browsers will tend to stop running or throttle certain JavaScript events when the tab is in the background. We can probably optimize the behavior a bit within the constraints of the browser.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Sissy Elise wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:56 am For those still wondering about this chrome issue, it has been pushed back to December 2018 (chrome 71)

Chrome is trying to stop the misuse of auto-play on sites..
Eg: annoying auto-play adverts.

Hopefully you will be able to white-list sites that are allowed to auto-play sounds/video

There is an auto-play policy been put into place:
chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy

Teases with sounds less than 7 seconds will still play in chrome...
Eg: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=35463 (Skip Preloader)
Eos uses a library to deal with the Chrome audio issues. That's why there is a title screen that you have to click. That ensures that the user has clicked at least once before the tease starts which should get around any auto-play restrictions.

If you have a specific tease where sounds don't work, please let me know the tease ID and the exact browser version so I can try to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for all the help debugging!! :love: