Milovana Is Open for New Registrations

You can find important news and current events here.
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Milovana Is Open for New Registrations

Post by boundupone »

NEGEV wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 pm
boundupone wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:13 pm Hi all, I have used all mine (3 activated and just given out the 4th). I still have a few people I could invite, is it possible to get a few more?

Cheers
Look at your pms
Thanks mate, replied
Try anything once!
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by dragoul »

I ran out of invite codes again, could I get more?
Sisyphuster
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sisyphuster »

I heard on Reddit that a spammer got through? Is that true, and do we know how, yet? Want this info to refine how I distribute my codes.
Alex69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Alex69 »

Hi @seraph0x, congratulations for getting back Milovana, and opening its great community to new members.

I understand the situation, and why you are making registrations invite only. But I just saw in the webteases sub-forum that there is again a russian spammer. So, this is my proposal: I don't want more invites, because I honestly don't know almost anyone interested, but instead I offer myself to ban this spambots. I've reported quite a few since I've been here in the forum, but I don't see any moderator when I'm on-line.

I understand that a two year old forum member, with only 100 post is probably not suitable to be a moderator. But I offer myself to help in this direction. Thank you!
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

Alex69 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:50 pm Hi @seraph0x, congratulations for getting back Milovana, and opening its great community to new members.

I understand the situation, and why you are making registrations invite only. But I just saw in the webteases sub-forum that there is again a russian spammer. So, this is my proposal: I don't want more invites, because I honestly don't know almost anyone interested, but instead I offer myself to ban this spambots. I've reported quite a few since I've been here in the forum, but I don't see any moderator when I'm on-line.

I understand that a two year old forum member, with only 100 post is probably not suitable to be a moderator. But I offer myself to help in this direction. Thank you!
No look at the date he joined:
samuraifmc
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
I am a: Mistress

if that is the acc you are reffering to.
This was here for some time. He could have been inactive and used a code to active the acc again.
But I myself have not seen so many spammers that I would think it would be the right thing to stop the invites now.
Alex69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Alex69 »

That's right, I've seen it joined a year ago, so not problem of the invite system.
Anyway I didn't mean the invite system should stop.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

dragoul wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:56 pm I ran out of invite codes again, could I get more?
You got a re-up.

Also add more invites for 0385, nihlus, ariareflection and addNtoX.

I reduced the invite refill period to one month. I.e. your invites now regenerate every 30 days.

I'll slow down on upping people's limits now - I think we're past the initial onslaught. However, I do think there should be some modest automatic limit increase. For now, I've added a rule that TOTM authors will automatically be upped to 15 invites. If anyone is a TOTM author and is not seeing the 15 invites, please let me know via this thread.
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

seraph0x wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:57 am You got a re-up.
Thanks a lot, I'll try to make good use of it.
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

+-
Last edited by imtoosexy on Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

There is still more demand for invites, than we are satisfying. In the past 10 years 50000 users registered, which is 400(!) per month on average. I think we need more active members to hand out codes. And they have to have more than 4 invites, because if you just have 4 invites, you are quite "clingy" to them.

One idea would be to give 50 invite codes to each user who did more than 50(?) posts on Milovana. This way it is very likely that they aren't spammers, because spammers get banned before they reach 50 posts; And secondly you give codes to quite active users, who hopefully are also likely to help out with handing them out.

Furthermore I like the idea to give invite codes to TOTM authors, I think they could even get more than 15 codes. Maybe 50(?) TOTM authors are even more unlikely to be spammers, and they are active users.
DannyP
Explorer
Explorer

Post by DannyP »

Gave out my 4 invites, its a bad situation for people who might contribute a lot by being so exclusive with the current system but I understand that the spammers were a problem that needed to be addressed. If only we had a crack team of monkeys on the site 24 hours a day to regulate it. :unsure:
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

DannyP wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:19 pm Gave out my 4 invite
Thanks for spreading the :love: Please other Milovanians head over to
https://www.reddit.com/r/Milovana/comme ... t_weekend/
and hand out some codes. There are literally 100 unanswered requests. Creating a reddit account doesn't take long.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

Sisyphuster wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:34 pm I heard on Reddit that a spammer got through? Is that true, and do we know how, yet? Want this info to refine how I distribute my codes.
There are still many "sleeper" accounts that pop up from time to time. So usually when you see some spam, it's from an account that was created back when the site was a free for all and we were having hundereds of spam attacks each day. These aren't new accounts that were created with an invite code.

So far there hasn't been any new spammers registered as far as we know.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

dragoul wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:09 pm
DannyP wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:19 pm Gave out my 4 invite
Thanks for spreading the :love: Please other Milovanians head over to
https://www.reddit.com/r/Milovana/comme ... t_weekend/
and hand out some codes. There are literally 100 unanswered requests. Creating a reddit account doesn't take long.
I dispersed my 15. Not sure how long to wait for them to be redeemed before I offer the same code to someone else. I'll probably wait until next weekend at least.

Every little bit helps, I guess. :-)
ImageImage
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

Trusfrated wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:16 am Not sure how long to wait for them to be redeemed before I offer the same code to someone else.
Thanks for helping out! Just don't wait until 2017-03-15(?), because at that date your codes will get refilled (see: https://milovana.com/profile/invites.php). And maybe seraph0x could give you a little more codes? We really need everybody who is willing to help out.