Milovana Is Open for New Registrations

You can find important news and current events here.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Milovana Is Open for New Registrations

Post by seraph0x »

Fellow Milovaneers! :wave:

After several months of quarantine, we are finally re-opening registrations!

In order to prevent spambots from streaming in again, we are trying something new: Each registration requires an invite code. How to get an invite code? Ask an existing member. Invite codes will be handed out to users who have been a Milovana member for more than four months on the Invites page.

If you haven't registered previously, you may do so now!

For those who already had registered and whose account is currently inactive, you can activate it (using an invite code) here.

I didn't do too much testing of this up-front, so let me know if anything goes awry. Also, note that the instructions for getting an invite code are telling people to head to the chat. I realize that the chat currently requires you to be registered. The plan is to some anonymous chat option soon where people can ask for invites.

Why invite-only?

:spam:

We've been in an arms race with spam bots for a long time. Because I don't have a lot of time to devote to the site, spam bots have been winning lately, that's why registrations were turned off.

However, Milovana has an active, awesome community. I'm counting on you ladies, gents and sissies to decide who may become part of our illustrious little club.

:group:

The nice thing about invites is that the inviter and the invitee are connected. So if a bunch of spambots start showing up, we can figure out who let them in and ban the whole lot at once.

What if I'm tricked by a spammer into giving them an invite code?

We certainly won't come after people who invite a single spammer. Just try your best - we all want a spam-free forum. :love:

Update: Word of advice: Don't post your invites publicly. The preferred way is to hand them out one-by-one via private message or private chat. That way you maximize the chance that your codes will go to real people instead of bots.
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Milovana Is Open for New Registrations

Post by VanHellsing »

And now we are going to have a spam... made of new and awesome memembers joining the community! :w00t:
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Miss Tress

Post by Sissy Elise »

Good work seraph0x :thumbsup: Does this mean Email is also re-enabled?
  
TEASES   VIDEOS   GAMES   ART
💕  Latest Tease:    Rock Paper Scissors - Visual Game
📼  Latest vids:      Sissy Trainer 22     🆕

seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Sissy Elise wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:59 am Good work seraph0x :thumbsup: Does this mean Email is also re-enabled?
It should be, yes!
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
Dom/me(s): Miss Tress

Post by Sissy Elise »

Awesome, Thanks once again :-D
  
TEASES   VIDEOS   GAMES   ART
💕  Latest Tease:    Rock Paper Scissors - Visual Game
📼  Latest vids:      Sissy Trainer 22     🆕

Mistress Jenifer
Mistress of the Heel
Mistress of the Heel
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Mistress
Sub/Slave(s): dream_on

Post by Mistress Jenifer »

Chat right now doesn't work via the web client... So no one without a client can get in

Then check your PMs seraph
*Credit to LDM for the banners, love his work thought I'd promote it. Clicking on them will bring you to his deviant art account.*
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Mistress Jenifer wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:59 am Chat right now doesn't work via the web client... So no one without a client can get in
Web client should be working again now. Note that it's currently for registered users only - I'm planning to create a separate room called the "foyer" that anonymous users are allowed to use. Members who want to help grow the site can hang out there and hand out invites. Members who don't want to be bothered by the anonymous people can just leave the foyer.

We'll see how hard this is to implement and how well it works. I'm sure there will be a couple of members who will spend more time vetting newcomers and they'll probably run out of invites. If that happens, I can allocate them more invites than normal members would get.

Beyond that - we'll adjust the plan based on what works and doesn't work. This is a place for explorers after all.
Spam Bot
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Racism against the machine!

Post by Spam Bot »

Noooooooooooooo this so unfair - Me and my fellow bots will have no place to get our kink on now!
How dare you put us in machine chastity without asking us!

NOW VISIT THE BEST SITE IN THE WORLD: Click here

side note: registration tested and works!
This profile is just for a laugh
Mistress Jenifer
Mistress of the Heel
Mistress of the Heel
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Mistress
Sub/Slave(s): dream_on

Post by Mistress Jenifer »

seraph0x wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:18 am
Mistress Jenifer wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:59 am Chat right now doesn't work via the web client... So no one without a client can get in
Web client should be working again now. Note that it's currently for registered users only - I'm planning to create a separate room called the "foyer" that anonymous users are allowed to use. Members who want to help grow the site can hang out there and hand out invites. Members who don't want to be bothered by the anonymous people can just leave the foyer.

We'll see how hard this is to implement and how well it works. I'm sure there will be a couple of members who will spend more time vetting newcomers and they'll probably run out of invites. If that happens, I can allocate them more invites than normal members would get.

Beyond that - we'll adjust the plan based on what works and doesn't work. This is a place for explorers after all.
Along those lines;
I noticed I only have a handful and I presume everyone does. I presume then that it would have to be filled manually by Team/admin folks or are they on a timer and every X amount of hours we gain 1 back to a cap.
*Credit to LDM for the banners, love his work thought I'd promote it. Clicking on them will bring you to his deviant art account.*
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Racism against the machine!

Post by seraph0x »

Spam Bot wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:21 am side note: registration tested and works!
And banning works as well! Which is what happens to spam bots. Sorry! ;-)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Mistress Jenifer wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:24 am Along those lines;
I noticed I only have a handful and I presume everyone does. I presume then that it would have to be filled manually by Team/admin folks or are they on a timer and every X amount of hours we gain 1 back to a cap.
Regular members get up to four invites every 120 days. Obviously, Team members and chat mods will get a lot more, but I haven't gotten around to setting that up yet. If it turns out that there are non-mods who would like to help invite more people, we will also be able to increase the limit for those people as well.
zoltan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by zoltan »

This is my favorite post ever. Seeing Milovana go from "well it's probably dead" to "it's alive and registrations are back!!" within just a few days has been stunning.

Thank you seraph0x!!!

Want to join Milovana? PM zoltan901 on Reddit to ask for an invite code!
Sisyphuster
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sisyphuster »

Gave out my first code! Psyched that we're back in business!
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

I opened up a thread on the subreddit for any one to ask for an invite.
https://www.reddit.com/r/newMilovana/co ... r_invites/
Last edited by NEGEV on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

There are lot of people on reddit asking for a invite code I already shared mine. It would be nice if some of you would do the same :)