Milovana Is Open for New Registrations

You can find important news and current events here.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Milovana Is Open for New Registrations

Post by Trusfrated »

Reddit will only let me make a comment once every 10 minutes, so it makes it more tedious. I guess it's because I don't have any Karma. I don't use Reddit very much, so the process if kind of new to me.
ImageImage
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Upped Trusfrated to 40 invites and DannyP, Vital, nullset, boundupone, paswis and Youella to 15 invites.

The reason I don't want the number of invite codes per person to get insanely high is because I want to put a bit of a damper on having a few people who are "inviters" and are doing all the work of growing the community. dragoul and NEGEV have done their part. It's time for the rest of us to step up!

We're not a for-profit site (right now at least) and as a result, I'm not too concerned about growing at the fastest possible rate. If you want to see more teases and you're lucky enough to have an account, pop over to Reddit and hand out your four codes.

One thing that would be interesting to think about is a way to streamline the invite process. This doesn't sound very nice:
Trusfrated wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:35 am Reddit will only let me make a comment once every 10 minutes, so it makes it more tedious. I guess it's because I don't have any Karma. I don't use Reddit very much, so the process if kind of new to me.
Creating a public, anonymous chat room is one option.

Another idea would be to create a page where people who want an account can go, enter their details (desired account name, email, etc.) and write a short paragraph why they should get an invite. When members go to that page, they can read the paragraphs that people wrote and click "Invite". When they click "Invite", one of their invite codes is automatically used to admit that member to Milovana. If a request is unfilled for more than, say, two days it is automatically deleted. That and the fact that only members can even read these requests might be enough to deter people from posting spam on that page. (Which would be a bit ironic otherwise.)

One question is whether spammers will actually get sophisticated enough to write a convincing-looking paragraph about why they should get an account. Probably worth just trying it out and seeing what happens. My hunch is that it will be enough of a barrier to get very few spammers coming through and as long as it's a reasonable number we can deal with it by banning them.

The problem is streamlining the process too much might undermine what we're trying to achieve by having an invite system in the first place.

How do you feel about this idea? Worth a try?
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

seraph0x wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:54 am Upped Trusfrated to 40 invites and DannyP, Vital, nullset, boundupone, paswis and Youella to 15 invites.

The reason I don't want the number of invite codes per person to get insanely high is because I want to put a bit of a damper on having a few people who are "inviters" and are doing all the work of growing the community. dragoul and NEGEV have done their part. It's time for the rest of us to step up!

We're not a for-profit site (right now at least) and as a result, I'm not too concerned about growing at the fastest possible rate. If you want to see more teases and you're lucky enough to have an account, pop over to Reddit and hand out your four codes.

One thing that would be interesting to think about is a way to streamline the invite process. This doesn't sound very nice:
Trusfrated wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:35 am Reddit will only let me make a comment once every 10 minutes, so it makes it more tedious. I guess it's because I don't have any Karma. I don't use Reddit very much, so the process if kind of new to me.
Creating a public, anonymous chat room is one option.

Another idea would be to create a page where people who want an account can go, enter their details (desired account name, email, etc.) and write a short paragraph why they should get an invite. When members go to that page, they can read the paragraphs that people wrote and click "Invite". When they click "Invite", one of their invite codes is automatically used to admit that member to Milovana. If a request is unfilled for more than, say, two days it is automatically deleted. That and the fact that only members can even read these requests might be enough to deter people from posting spam on that page. (Which would be a bit ironic otherwise.)

One question is whether spammers will actually get sophisticated enough to write a convincing-looking paragraph about why they should get an account. Probably worth just trying it out and seeing what happens. My hunch is that it will be enough of a barrier to get very few spammers coming through and as long as it's a reasonable number we can deal with it by banning them.

The problem is streamlining the process too much might undermine what we're trying to achieve by having an invite system in the first place.

How do you feel about this idea? Worth a try?
Personally not sure how I feel about it -
1. I like how now on reddit I'll get an alert if someone needs one, whereas actively checking is different
2. I feel like so long as you are human and not a spammer shouldn't need too much reason for an account - if you want an account just so you can use the favourite webtease feature, or message a user about their tease and nothing else, that should be fine. Having to write a paragraph knowing youll be judged on it might be a little too prohibitive. I didn't join Milovana to instantly actively participate, but I grew to that quickly and it might prevent people from making that step. I think I'd see if we have any spammers who join after the invite phase has started and if we get a problem consider extra steps then, but both the recent cases have been dormant accounts.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Could we maybe get a link to our Invite codes page added to our control panel or something?
ImageImage
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by dragoul »

On my invite code page it says that I'd get new invite codes today, and I did. But only 4 instead of the 120 of last time. Is there a bug? *EDIT*: Now it's 24, but still not 120.
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

dragoul wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:09 pm On my invite code page it says that I'd get new invite codes today, and I did. But only 4 instead of the 120 of last time. Is there a bug?
same
DannyP
Explorer
Explorer

Post by DannyP »

I think there should just be one thread for invite codes on reddit. Having every thread be "can someone send me an invite code" is ugly when it could be condensed so easily. I'm also suffering from the 1 post every 10 minutes on reddit since I didn't have an account on there before.

p.s. thanks for the extra codes seraph0x, I've been a regular visitor for ages but mostly as a lurker.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

DannyP wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:06 pm I think there should just be one thread for invite codes on reddit. Having every thread be "can someone send me an invite code" is ugly when it could be condensed so easily. I'm also suffering from the 1 post every 10 minutes on reddit since I didn't have an account on there before.

p.s. thanks for the extra codes seraph0x, I've been a regular visitor for ages but mostly as a lurker.
We don't have a mod right now. A request has been made to r/redditrequest.

If we get the sub I'd be looking for a sticky for invites and then auto-ban fulls posts. Currently me and someone else trying for it, if successful we will clean it up a bit
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

Shattered wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:18 pm
DannyP wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:06 pm I think there should just be one thread for invite codes on reddit. Having every thread be "can someone send me an invite code" is ugly when it could be condensed so easily. I'm also suffering from the 1 post every 10 minutes on reddit since I didn't have an account on there before.

If we get the sub I'd be looking for a sticky for invites and then auto-ban fulls posts. Currently me and someone else trying for it, if successful we will clean it up a bit
At this point we could also open up a new subreddit for milovana.
Aslong as we link it here people will easily find it.
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

Here is a new Subreddit for Milovana
I guess it would make sense to make Draugol and Shattered also mods
https://www.reddit.com/r/newMilovana/
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

NEGEV wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Here is a new Subreddit for Milovana
I guess it would make sense to make Draugol and Shattered also mods
https://www.reddit.com/r/newMilovana/
I think that's worth doing for now, but hopefully we do get to take the regular sub back. Having a clean name is nice.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

dragoul wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:09 pm On my invite code page it says that I'd get new invite codes today, and I did. But only 4 instead of the 120 of last time. Is there a bug? *EDIT*: Now it's 24, but still not 120.
The codes become available in a rolling fashion - i.e. a new code becomes available 30 days after a previous one was redeemed. The date it shows in the UI is just when the next code becomes available.
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

If you want an invite just go to this reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/newMilovana/co ... r_invites/
tigrotto
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tigrotto »

Could I have more codes too, please?
With just 4 invite codes per month I must PM someone to get more codes, but sometimes it's not enough and I keep running out of codes.

Thanks.

Bye! :wave:
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Marno & tigrotto: Upped your budget from 4 to 15.