Back from the Dead!

You can find important news and current events here.
wellrested
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Back from the Dead!

Post by wellrested »

I'd say that backups and registering new users are the two big ones.
odawg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by odawg »

seraph0x wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:10 am I want to be efficient, so let me know what the most urgent todos are!

Milovana Forever!
Hi. Thank you very much for fixing the issues and getting Milovana back online.

I am the author of the current Easy But difficult series. Unfortunately, the Nyx Editor isn't working right now. When I have tried to open my teases in the editor, it says "Error contacting server. Try again later or ask for help in the forums."

I also can't make a new tease.

I do hope this error can be fixed, because I have nearly finished the series and want to edit a few things to make this tease open to the public.

Thanks in advance
Odawg
arthurb
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by arthurb »

Awesome!

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:
Princess Penny's Subject Number 007

On Her Highness's Submissive Service
illtaket42
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by illtaket42 »

What a relief to see Milo back up again.
Thank you seraph0x for the hard work you put into it's resurrection.
:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

seraph0x wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:10 am ....

I don't want to overpromise what I can do - my day job hasn't changed since two weeks ago and I'm about to go on a fairly long business trip. However, I think we can knock out the top couple of priorities in the next few weeks. I want to be efficient, so let me know what the most urgent todos are!

Milovana Forever!
I guess you already covered the top priority : Milo's administrator is back. But since this admin is a human creature he is liable to all sorts of system failures (caused by job, health, family, ... , real life) Please set up 1 or 2 backup admins, that are willing to jump in when necessary and who are willing to do so.

btw I love you battle cry

Milovana Forever!
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

Thanks for coming back to us and bringing the site back from the dead. And thank you for coming to us in a listening mood.

The site desperately needs someone keeping an eye on her. Given your continued absence over the last year, I honestly did not expect Milo to come back this time.

The site needs another admin, you are back and active now, but for how long? We need a caretaker. Someone who knows how to fix the leaky pipes etc.

There have have been numerous people who have offered their help in a technical capacity in the past, and I am sure there will be suitable candidates for a caretaker role going forward. I really think this would be a good idea, if you have a calling away from Milovana, then that is great, but someone should be here to look after the problems that arise while you are too busy to check in on us. Email issues, and name changes, even people wanting their accounts deactivated. There's day to day things that need to be done, that myself and other team members simply didn't have access to and just had to shrug and turn people away.

It's great that Milovana isn't dying, and it's great that you are looking to develop the site further. It's good to have you back, but please put contingencies in place.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
SeeMeFeelMe
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SeeMeFeelMe »

So happy about this!

Thank you SO MUCH for you time, effort, and love!

Looking forward to seeing the site grow once again :)
secretname
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by secretname »

Thank you seraph0x!
Played Della's Multimedia game from December 23, 2014 to January 13, 2014
blacklioness96
Explorer
Explorer
Sub/Slave(s): NO, thanks!

Post by blacklioness96 »

Thank you so much seraph0x and everybody who caring about that wonderful naughty place! Kisses!
If you make me feel special i’ll cook you dinner, suck your cock & be your whore.
I never considered myself helpless, but enjoying submission with my beloved man, feeling his defense - priceless! :love:
... The nature of any addiction is to desire more and more, not less.
The point is not in pain. The matter is in the openness, to be completely vulnerable to another person. If you can trust so profoundly - it changes you.
Discipline - the agreement between the sadist and masochist, whose sense in the inevitability of violations and the subsequent punishment, to the delight of both.
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lestrian »

Thank you and excellent post!

What kind of data was lost, webteases or forum posts? You might want to contact some of the guys in this thread who claim to have archived all existing webteases: https://www.reddit.com/r/Milovana/comme ... this_time/
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

I would that if there is a new admin he should also be able to Change the tease of the month.
Jexz
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jexz »

WOOO HOO Thank you for getting it sorted

In terms of what you said about backup doesn't ubuntu offer a solution for free as well for server hosting? If so maybe if you had a primary and a backup database and put them on rotation as well might be an idea, then you have a fail over should one break. Unless you do something with an active active state and loadbalance between the two.

Registrations - If you go invite then you are limiting who can join and who can't perhaps a vetting system would be better in that it is sent for approval for review by admins or a trusted team, same with Webteases as you sometimes get those spam ones looking for owners as such, but would then delay new teases coming out so quickly but would mean the ones that are given are good and not wasting time (though they tend to be nipped in the bud quickly with how it is at the moment)

Chat - I think the chat works for the most part

Also perhaps the search system / advance search system could be re worked to a degree, or even the tags done a bit differently. Mostly it is okay its just a bit cluncky at times I have found
rebekeplex
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rebekeplex »

Hey man, probably not the most original of comments here, but THANK YOU.

I am rather new on this website but I am really glad that you didn't give up on it. It almost felt as the common pattern of the Game of Thrones - New stuff comes to your life, the more you discover it, the more you like it and then suddenly comes George R.R. Martin and says "FUCK YOU" while killing your new favorite stuff.

By the way the timer you put there to tell us when the website will be back online was genius. Until that, I was checking it like every hour for new informations.

I wish you a lucky hand while chosing the new "caretakers".
Dominantsub
Explorer
Explorer
Dom/me(s): No
Sub/Slave(s): No

Post by Dominantsub »

Thank you very much for your hard work and all the time you spend on this wonderful website.

I do believe that the chat is awesome. I would like to make a suggestion. If it is not too difficult could you add pm between more than 2 people like a group chat
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

Glad to see you back again, seraph0x!
Many thanks for all your effort. Let milovana be the rising phoenix!
Cock Hero - Overwatch 3 is out! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22817
yeehaa91
Explorer
Explorer

Post by yeehaa91 »

Registrations definitely should be opened again, any sites that closes registration is doomed to die eventually. I also agree that the Tease of the Month should start getting updated again, there hasn't been one for a year now.