Back from the Dead!

You can find important news and current events here.
Miss-Kagura
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Re: Back from the Dead!

Post by Miss-Kagura »

Banquo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:26 pm
dragoul wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:23 pm First I'd like to say Thank you!!
seraph0x wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:10 am ... what else? Tell me your ideas!
I got two requests regarding the TOTM polls:

1) I can't access the TOTM poll helper tool: https://milovana.com/admin/totm/

2) I'd like a second person to take over the TOTM polls eventually. So somebody who is willing to help out needs to be promoted to admin.
Sonic was willing to do this, but that was some time ago now. It might be worth messaging him to see if this is still the case. If not, I suggest starting another thread and asking for volunteers while we have lots of willing people.
I would be willing to help, if my help is wanted. Not necessarily on the TotM, just a general offer. We would need if my abilities are enough for what you need and so on.
How to behave around a domme in chat: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15908
http://miss-kagura.tumblr.com/
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

Great to see you here and great work getting the site back so quickly.

I would like to support users trying out making flash teases.

So aside from the editor link, I would recommend a straightforward route to allowing users to the flash tease link
https://milovana.com/nyx/

and a straightforward route to a tutorial on how to make them;
https://milovana.com/help/flashtease/
an introduction which i guess would be like this:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1033
tips and tricks
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4355

I would prioritize this change (if accepted) to be made after registering new users, based on the assumption that most existing users with the ambition to make a flash tease will probably have found the way by now.

Users have mentioned flash is getting disabled in most browsers and this would not be a good adddition, but I wanted to leave the links here for personal reference.
Last edited by imtoosexy on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vincentl313
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by vincentl313 »

Thanks very much for all of your hard work. Much appreciated.
Last edited by vincentl313 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by VanHellsing »

green wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:57 pm- Make money with this site!. Like premium membership.
Wow, that alone, without any explanation, sounds like the worst idea I've seen this weekend. First of all, Milovana's main point is to provide things for free. Secondly, start making money out of this site, and you're going to have it down for good in no time (after all, most of this site is made of pictures and other content "borrowed" from other sites). Thirdly, premium membership is a straight and really fast way to create a competition that will do the same, but for free. It could only work when it doesn't give a real advantage over free members, something like Sissy Elise posted:
Sissy Elise wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:45 pmA few idea's for premium membership:
Coloured name tag
Unlimited registration invites
Premium forum category
Extra section on the left hand side of posts under profile pics to write a little "about you"
Badge in profile to let people know you are premium and help support by paying milovana
Extra smilies
Larger file upload size
Also, I'm not saying there shouldn't be any ads just to pay for the server. Like I wrote in my previous post, just keep them "civilized", don't make ads that cover the whole site, make sounds or are flashy.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Thanks for bringing Milovana back to life. I missed it while it was gone.

It seems to me that this incident kind of highlights the fact that Milovana is really a one man operation, and so perhaps this has just delayed the inevitable.

That said, I agree with the suggestions about monetizing the site in some way, and I would suggest a simple donation mechanism. I would be happy to make donations once in a while, and I'm sure others would too. I'm also for the suggestions made by Sissy Elise in this post regarding premium members (or perhaps sponsoring members is a better term). I'm sure there are other ways too.

PG
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Mistress Jenifer wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:52 amOh!
Fix chat for non-clients. Its up but the website candy client cannot connect at the time of this post. Not sure if thats a simple reboot (which I can do) or something deeper in that needs to be addressed.
Fixed! :-)
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

Awesome news, thanks for the effort Seraph!
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

Miss-Kagura wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:17 pm
Banquo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:26 pm
dragoul wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:23 pm First I'd like to say Thank you!!

I got two requests regarding the TOTM polls:

1) I can't access the TOTM poll helper tool: https://milovana.com/admin/totm/

2) I'd like a second person to take over the TOTM polls eventually. So somebody who is willing to help out needs to be promoted to admin.
Sonic was willing to do this, but that was some time ago now. It might be worth messaging him to see if this is still the case. If not, I suggest starting another thread and asking for volunteers while we have lots of willing people.
I would be willing to help, if my help is wanted. Not necessarily on the TotM, just a general offer. We would need if my abilities are enough for what you need and so on.
I think once sign ups are turned on things will become a bit more clear, but as things stand, things have been incredibly quiet on the forums. The only issues have been the technical issues that the admins would need to deal with, or when problems arise in chat.

Thanks for the offer :-)

green wrote:- Make money with this site!. Like premium membership.
VanHellsing wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:59 am Wow, that alone, without any explanation, sounds like the worst idea I've seen this weekend. First of all, Milovana's main point is to provide things for free. Secondly, start making money out of this site, and you're going to have it down for good in no time (after all, most of this site is made of pictures and other content "borrowed" from other sites). Thirdly, premium membership is a straight and really fast way to create a competition that will do the same, but for free. It could only work when it doesn't give a real advantage over free members, something like Sissy Elise posted:
Sissy Elise wrote:A few idea's for premium membership:
Coloured name tag
Unlimited registration invites
Premium forum category
Extra section on the left hand side of posts under profile pics to write a little "about you"
Badge in profile to let people know you are premium and help support by paying milovana
Extra smilies
Larger file upload size
Also, I'm not saying there shouldn't be any ads just to pay for the server. Like I wrote in my previous post, just keep them "civilized", don't make ads that cover the whole site, make sounds or are flashy.
There's probably a considered approach to be had here. I am a memeber of sites that use premium memberships, asking something like £10 a year to access better avatars, bigger inboxes, etc, like Elise suggested. I think they call it "Supporter status" there are also things like, Amazon affiliated links, where you buy your goods through the link, and Milo gets a cut, I'm sure some sex shops would run a similar scheme. Given the sites subject there are bound to be partners that would link up with us and provide a non intrusive revenue stream that would be both advantageous to our members and themselves. It may not be mega bucks, but every little helps.

And of course, there are still adverts. I'm not suggesting we plaster the site in pop up ads and flashing boxes. But non intrusive ads here and there to help cover the cost really aren't going to ruin anyone's experience are they?
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
rebekeplex
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rebekeplex »

Well, the classic webtease editor is broken too. I can't add new pages to my current teases or create new tease. Could you please have a look at this problem ?
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

imtoosexy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:59 pm I would like to support users trying out making flash teases.

So aside from the editor link, I would recommend a straightforward route to allowing users to the flash tease link
https://milovana.com/nyx/

and a straightforward route to a tutorial on how to make them, which i guess would be like this:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1033
I like the idea :-)
green wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:57 pmMake money with this site!. Like premium membership.
I don't like the idea, I'd like to keep my anonymity. :-( Advertising sounds like a better idea.
valentina
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Slave

Post by valentina »

You are my hero! Great job! :yes:

Love this site for many many years now so THANK YOU for restore (almost) all the data! cool!
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
Dom/me(s): Miss Tress

Post by Sissy Elise »

imtoosexy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:59 pm I would like to support users trying out making flash teases.
Flash is getting disabled in most browsers at some point this year due to its security risks.
So making links to the flash editor etc will only make more flash teases which could be made redundant this year.
Although Sepher0x may make the flash scripts work in htm5 or alternatively users may come up with a flash to html5 converter
  
TEASES   VIDEOS   GAMES   ART
💕  Latest Tease:    Rock Paper Scissors - Visual Game
📼  Latest vids:      Sissy Trainer 22     🆕

Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

dragoul wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:24 pm I don't like the idea, I'd like to keep my anonymity. :-( Advertising sounds like a better idea.
You make a really good point there. Given the recent high profile incidents on sites such as Ashley Madison etc. Then "Premium Accounts" would make the site a target for hackers and only mean that an added investment was needed in additional security surely?
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Sisyphuster
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sisyphuster »

Yes, but most suggestions seem to revolve around the kind of "premium" memberships that are decorative-only, so no one's anonymity would be at risk unless they accepted the risk, and no one who didn't would be actually restricted in any meaningful way.
vitesse
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Slave

Post by vitesse »

Thanks for having recover the site and welcome again :)

I can't think of the internet without milovana. This is my main stop when I want to relaxe and forget about job and everything. In fact working with a computer every day this is one a few site that make me using my computer at home.

Has for the site suggestion, I have no real clue, I like the site like it is right now.