Back from the Dead!

You can find important news and current events here.
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Back from the Dead!

Post by VanHellsing »

Banquo wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:51 pmThere's probably a considered approach to be had here. I am a memeber of sites that use premium memberships, asking something like £10 a year to access better avatars, bigger inboxes, etc, like Elise suggested. I think they call it "Supporter status" there are also things like, Amazon affiliated links, where you buy your goods through the link, and Milo gets a cut, I'm sure some sex shops would run a similar scheme. Given the sites subject there are bound to be partners that would link up with us and provide a non intrusive revenue stream that would be both advantageous to our members and themselves. It may not be mega bucks, but every little helps.
I haven't thought about it. The only problem with affiliated links is, they rarely generate a stable income, especially when it comes to sex toys, but it's still a good backup plan and could be implemented along with something more "stable".
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by green »

dragoul wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:24 pm
green wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:57 pmMake money with this site!. Like premium membership.
I don't like the idea, I'd like to keep my anonymity. :-( Advertising sounds like a better idea.
It's pretty hard to find a good ad network for sites with sexual/explicit content.
You can also keep your anonymity with a premium membership.

Ads are oftentimes annoying and ad networks are often used to attack old browsers. Premium on the other hand could generate more revenue and doesnt annoy or harm anyone.

Just an idea :). I see seraph0x working on this project for so so long.. and as far as I see it, its only costing money and time and there is about no revenue. We can really be glad to have such an amazing admin who basicly pays this all with his own money....
I'm running some sites on my own and kinda know what the (root)server costs will be around. It's surely possible to get that and more with a premium system, that has yearly or monthly payments.

Though I'm not sure what kind of advantages premium members should have is a very good question.

Also there is sites like patreon that could be used to raise money for milovana (if this site isnt against their terms of service)...

green
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

rebekeplex wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:57 pm Well, the classic webtease editor is broken too. I can't add new pages to my current teases or create new tease. Could you please have a look at this problem ?
Fixed!
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Miss Tress

Post by Sissy Elise »

seraph0x wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:10 am Upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04, PHP 7 and phpBB 3.2
phpBB 3.2 has appeared to have broken a few links around milovana. :-/

Such as links in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9292
Last edited by Sissy Elise on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  
TEASES   VIDEOS   GAMES   ART
💕  Latest Tease:    Rock Paper Scissors - Visual Game
📼  Latest vids:      Sissy Trainer 22     🆕

NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

What is actually the reason that we do not update Tease of the month at the moment?
Is it not possible to change something or is no one willing to do the polls?
Or is there more important issues to fix at the moment and than we/you will fix that problem ?
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

NEGEV wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:53 pm What is actually the reason that we do not update Tease of the month at the moment?
Is it not possible to change something or is no one willing to do the polls?
Or is there more important issues to fix at the moment and than we/you will fix that problem ?
The wizard that creates the polls is broken, and none of us have the time to sit down and do the polls manually. So it's just another one of those things that's fallen by the wayside.

Once the wizard is repaired, we can look at finding someone to take care of it.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Also not sure if it's possible, but is there any way/plans to retain original image quality for webteases? After using guideme seeing the worse quality is harder to stomach
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by boundupone »

Great news, this is truly one of the best sites out there, and this can only be good news.

I think the major things have been covered already, but updates and added functionality to nyx would be very welcome. As an estimmer more functions for adding sounds to teases would be welcome
Try anything once!
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

seraph0x wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:10 am I want to be efficient, so let me know what the most urgent todos are!
FCK88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FCK88 »

seraph0x wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:10 am I want to be efficient, so let me know what the most urgent todos are!
Hi seraph0x

First of all - thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for having recovered the site :love: :love: :love:

Second - I've been contacted by a person on KIK who asked me why he's running into trouble trying to sign up for this site.

He told me he wrote to one of the admins of this site but hasn't received an answer yet - how come?

He once HAD a profile on Milovana but due to inactivity it was deleted and when he tried to register again he ran into the before mentioned problems.

Would love to hear back from you ASAP but I understand it can take some time(which I respect, of course) :-)

FCK88
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by 0385 »

FCK88 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm
Hi seraph0x

First of all - thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for having recovered the site :love: :love: :love:

Second - I've been contacted by a person on KIK who asked me why he's running into trouble trying to sign up for this site.

He told me he wrote to one of the admins of this site but hasn't received an answer yet - how come?

He once HAD a profile on Milovana but due to inactivity it was deleted and when he tried to register again he ran into the before mentioned problems.

Would love to hear back from you ASAP but I understand it can take some time(which I respect, of course) :-)

FCK88
shit's fixed so all he needs is an invite code to get back in again.
FCK88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FCK88 »

0385 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 pm
FCK88 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm
Hi seraph0x

FCK88
shit's fixed so all he needs is an invite code to get back in again.
I got a PM from an admin who sent the link to my invite codes - and everything seems fine now but thanks for the answer anyway :smile:
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

dragoul wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:42 pm classic teases can't be published right now (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19491&p=229084#p229084)
Fixed!
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

:thankyou:
isaccs77
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by isaccs77 »

Just here to echo the deserved sentiments in this feed...Thank you, very much!