PSA - Please don't reply to Spammers or Scammers

You can find important news and current events here.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

PSA - Please don't reply to Spammers or Scammers

Post by Banquo »

Over the last few days we have had several spammers/ scammers posting multiple threads on the site. The way to deal with these properly is to simply report them using the small exclamation mark in the top right corner of the post.

Seraph0x has already gone over how to deal with spam here but over the last few days several people have replied to spam/scam topics.

I know how tempting it can be to comment on a spam post, but it really does double the amount of work a mod has to do to get rid of the spam. It also keeps the topic at the top of it's particular board, thus advertising it to more and more users. I understand that most of you are simply trying to help and to warn other users off the scam. The best way to do that is to report the spam.

I also understand that it sometimes takes us a little longer than we would like to deal with spam reports, but please be patient and understand that all of the people here are giving their time freely and all have lives away from the site.

Anyway, thanks for your time, and remember report don't reply.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator

Re: PSA - Please don't reply to Spammers or Scammers

Post by SexualChoc »

and Just in case you do Not know HOW to report

there is an ! in the top right corner
click that
and you will see a tab on reporting spam
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
Slutastic
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by Slutastic »

Hey Banquo :-)

I replied as I seen the spammer/scammer posts have not been deleted for weeks.
So i thought it would be more sensible to have a warning than keep them for others to get scammed by.
I know it means more work clicking the delete button a few more times, but surely it is better to have someone spend a few more seconds clicking delete than someone getting scammed :-P
We are no longer all together as one but separate mental patients, that yearn to be ejected out of this poisoned atmosphere to a warm bed and a friendly therapist.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

Slutastic wrote:Hey Banquo :-)

I replied as I seen the spammer/scammer posts have not been deleted for weeks.
So i thought it would be more sensible to have a warning than keep them for others to get scammed by.
I know it means more work clicking the delete button a few more times, but surely it is better to have someone spend a few more seconds clicking delete than someone getting scammed :-P

It does mean more work, and considering there are so few of us mods around at the moment to deal with spam when it occurs it means that this work falls on the shoulders of fewer and fewer people. We as a team would appreciate it if people didn't ADD to the spam that already HAS to be dealt with.

So as I said in the OP, if you see Spam, Scams report them and let us deal with them when we get a chance. Please do not reply to them.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

I just want to remind everyone about not replying to spammers. Us mods are dealing with hundreds if not thousands of spam posts a week, it's very heavy going at the moment. It's very easy for mistakes to happen when mods are having to delete 200-300 posts at a time.

Long story short, a user got banned today, accidentally, because they posted in a spam thread. Luckily for them, I caught the error before it was too late to fix it. Had I not caught my mistake when I did, it could have been completely irreversible.

But the message is clear, don't respond to spammers, I don't want any more accidents to happen.

:unsure:

My Webteases
Chastity Captions