maybe more active mods and admin?

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Dom (Male)

maybe more active mods and admin?

Post by 0385 »

Need some help?

Mods and Admins. Time to be more active? There is a lot of spam around. Reporting only works if people on the other end are reading.
Philze
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: maybe more active mods and admin?

Post by Philze »

It seems the administration of Milovana became less efficient in the last years...I hope this site will stay alive, it could need some new makeup and a functional way to enjoy Flashteases ( i f****ing hate flash) become enjoyable on a mobile device..
Es kann kein Zufall sein, dass sich Lust auf Frust reimt..
rabbithole
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by rabbithole »

Well, they do have the HTML5 player, which works well on mobile, apart from the hidden timers, and the occasional downtime...
http://milovana-html5.appspot.com/
Is it not functional enough for you? :innocent:
Four Floors, Four Doors (Normal)
Floor: 1 | Points: 0 | Pool Points: 62 (2600) | Doors Opened: 3 | Gambles: 4
Last Ruin: 11/16 | Last Cum: 11/13 | Edges So Far: 211
Philze
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Philze »

This looks very beta status and not the native design i wish to have. Features like favorite teases, a search engine which is actually searching, a working tag system, still no mobile view... Milovana.com looks very ancient. There might bei people out there who dont like changes... In my oppinion this site needs a huge refresh, it offers so much to enjoy so why stick to this old and slow structure?
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 0385 »

Philze wrote:... so why stick to this old and slow structure?
management.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

0385 wrote:Need some help?

Mods and Admins. Time to be more active? There is a lot of spam around. Reporting only works if people on the other end are reading.
I don't mean to be rude. But perhaps you don't understand quite how much spam I've had to deal with over the last four months or so?

At a rough estimate, I've deleted around 3000-4000 posts, and banned several hundred users and IP addresses. Spam isn't a problem that can be solved easily, we do deal with it when we can. The reports are not being ignored. You are right we could use some more mods as I'm the only one who deals with spam, but at the moment there's no one around who can promote regular users to be mods.

Recently Seraphox did log on and change the way we accept users, this currently means that only himself and Dark can approve new members. But Phox is a busy guy and doesn't have time to come on very often, so is Dark. This has stemmed the flow of new spambots dramatically. However, there are still dozens of sleeper accounts that post spam every day. I delete them when I have a chance, but I have a life outside of milo, so please be patient, I can't be around 24/7.

The best thing everyone can do is keep report spam posts for the time being. It's good to see there are plenty of people who want to keep the site going and are offering to help, but please understand that it's a problem we are well aware of and are trying to deal with the best we can.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Philze
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Philze »

Is there any way to donate to you guys? I love your efford, and if you keep making this site alive Im willing to donate something :)
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

Philze wrote:Is there any way to donate to you guys? I love your efford, and if you keep making this site alive Im willing to donate something :)
Thanks for the offer, it's very cool of you. We don't have any kind of system set up for that.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 0385 »

Banquo wrote: I don't mean to be rude. But perhaps you don't understand quite how much spam I've had to deal with over the last four months or so?

At a rough estimate, I've deleted around 3000-4000 posts, and banned several hundred users and IP addresses. Spam isn't a problem that can be solved easily, we do deal with it when we can. The reports are not being ignored. You are right we could use some more mods as I'm the only one who deals with spam, but at the moment there's no one around who can promote regular users to be mods.

Recently Seraphox did log on and change the way we accept users, this currently means that only himself and Dark can approve new members. But Phox is a busy guy and doesn't have time to come on very often, so is Dark. This has stemmed the flow of new spambots dramatically. However, there are still dozens of sleeper accounts that post spam every day. I delete them when I have a chance, but I have a life outside of milo, so please be patient, I can't be around 24/7.

The best thing everyone can do is keep report spam posts for the time being. It's good to see there are plenty of people who want to keep the site going and are offering to help, but please understand that it's a problem we are well aware of and are trying to deal with the best we can.

I didnt understand how much spam there was and how many mods are working on it. Now I get a much clearer picture and one I was afraid of. Now matter how hard one person works on keeping the spam at bay. If you are alone against many bots and sleeper accounts. there only so much a human can do. None of this was meant as an attack to you. I was hoping to get information on why you are alone. The admins are busy and have less time for this site and forum.

I'm also not here 24/7. sometimes not for days or weeks. As admin isn't it their duty to administrate this site? To get the mod team what they need to keep the site working/going/floating? To promote users and increase the admin/mods FTE to match best with the users/spam? No one should be alone.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

0385 wrote:
Banquo wrote: I don't mean to be rude. But perhaps you don't understand quite how much spam I've had to deal with over the last four months or so?

I didnt understand how much spam there was and how many mods are working on it. Now I get a much clearer picture and one I was afraid of. Now matter how hard one person works on keeping the spam at bay. If you are alone against many bots and sleeper accounts. there only so much a human can do. None of this was meant as an attack to you. I was hoping to get information on why you are alone. The admins are busy and have less time for this site and forum.

I'm also not here 24/7. sometimes not for days or weeks. As admin isn't it their duty to administrate this site? To get the mod team what they need to keep the site working/going/floating? To promote users and increase the admin/mods FTE to match best with the users/spam? No one should be alone.
Well to be fair to Phox and Dark, they both do what they can. But as with all of us, they both have responsibilities that have taken them away from the site. As have some of the other mods that used to be more active on the forums. It's not a situation I can see changing any time soon. Eventually the sleeper accounts will dry up, so I'm not too concerned about the spam right now, it's not as out if control as it was just a couple of weeks ago.

Eventually I hope we can get some more active mods, and stuff. But for now this is what we have.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions