To those who make teases...

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
chual99
Explorer
Explorer

Re: To those who make teases...

Post by chual99 »

I, for one, would love a feature that would allow the option to block teases from certain individuals from showing up. There's a handful of individuals who have a tendency to produce spam teases that are utter trash (ie one or two sentences on each page, or attempts at advertising other websites.)
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

chual99 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:21 pm I, for one, would love a feature that would allow the option to block teases from certain individuals from showing up. There's a handful of individuals who have a tendency to produce spam teases that are utter trash (ie one or two sentences on each page, or attempts at advertising other websites.)
Thats what ratings are - low quality gets minimised if there're enough votes. And something is obviously not in the spirit of things like a 1 page advert classic tease it should go down pretty quick.
poptart
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by poptart »

I'd love to be able to see more tags/descriptions of the tease on the search page.

Someone earlier in the thread talked about previewing multiple teases at the same time to find one that works for you, and this is often a product of poorly written descriptions or inconsistent tagging of teases. I'd love it if everyone started working toward a standard "What to Expect/Disclaimer" page on their teases.

Some of the authors have been very upfront about their teases and I enjoy nothing more than being informed what toys I might need, an approximate length of time that it might take to complete the tease, and what types of fetishes or activities I may encounter within the tease. Of course, some teases are written in such a way as to be pretty upfront about a lot of that stuff, but informing the consumer about what to expect will definitely generate better ratings on any particular tease; people who aren't interested in the stuff will give it a pass instead of a low rating.
LintonDilton123
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Mistress

Post by LintonDilton123 »

denied1994 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:32 pm So I recently made my first tease and think it turned out ok. I've been a lurker for over 6 years and I think some of these issues are related to the fact that with Flash/EOS teases you normally can't skip ahead if a particular part is boring or isn't for you. While the interactive teases provide some great opportunities to incorporate timers/sound/choices, the classic format did have the advantage of allowing the reader to jump ahead of parts they don't like. I mean sometimes I just wanna sit back and read an illustrated sexy story and not follow along with the 10 minute stroking timer. My first tease has an option to skip every timer and I'm going to keep that feature in all my future teases as well.
denied1994 raises a strong point here.
Entering a tease because you've seen the hot thumbnail and read its enticing title does lot to build up your excitement, however that anticipation becomes dead in the water when the player is greeted with a long timer only a few pages into the tease.

Software developers tend to set and follow an industry standard for best practice which help new developers with time-tested advice and tips to help them create good quality product/services. Or fun and exciting teases in our case.

By no means am I saying we should outright block creates from publishing "Bad" teases (that's what the rating system is for) but we should create a guide of general tips and tricks that help new creators avoid pitfalls/mistakes we often experience. And I feel denied1994's technique of offering skip options at timers is a good starting point as it will help creators test their teases faster as well as encourage players to return to the same tease more often because they know its possible to skip right to the end or at least a significant part through the tease.

All manner of tease features have their place at Milovana but we should educate tease creators on the time and place to use them. In fact just yesterday I played through an amazing tease that used a non-skip timer and I loved every second of it. The reason for this is because the tease's creator did such a great job of getting me invested in the tease and they did an even better job at building up my excitement so that when the timer came I loved it.

That's because the timer didn't last too long and was used only once in that section and with different images and sound effects. More over the tease creator did a fine job of making that timer go well with the tease's theme and kinks associated with that particular section of the tease.

Edit: seraph0x created "The dummies' guide to webteasing!" which does provide VERY useful and easily followed, however I'd like to make the distinction that what I'm proposing is a guide that delves surgically into page by page, button by button and image by image guides and technical jargon.