Translation help.

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
sethchap
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Translation help.

Post by sethchap »

Is there any way to be able to Translate teases? I think it would open it up more, there are teases I would love to check out but don't know language.
Fledrin
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Translation help.

Post by Fledrin »

Sounds like an interesting idea. If one were to go about doing it, the best place to start would be with the creator of the tease you want to translate. I'm not sure if there's any kind of rule against recreating another's tease in a different format, but it's just polite to ask permission. But onto the specifics:
Most of the teases I've seen are either in English or German. The most obvious solution would be to have someone who speaks both languages fluently translate, but that might be hard to come by. You could probably have someone roughly translate from another language to English, then have a native speaker correct it. And of course, there are many teases in English which could be translated to German or Spanish. If I all of a sudden only spoke Spanish, I would be disappointed that I would be unable to enjoy many of the awesome teases on here.
Also, if you're talking about Flashteases, then you would need somebody who can navigate Nyx well, but I'm not sure how difficult that is.
Seems like it would be a collaborative effort, but you need to start with someone willing to have his/her tease translated.
ddartner
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by ddartner »

Which tease(s) in specific are you interested in? I might be able to help out if it's a non latin language :P

You can also PM me :)
sethchap
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sethchap »

There are few. It is not that big of a deall. Just a thought of how to keep inovating the site.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

I agree. It would be great if the non-English teases were translated, but that's really a lot to ask anyone.

If there is a standard tease in another language that I'm really curious about, I will run it through Google Translate. It will do a rough translation right on the webtease page if you put the URL in the text box.

Flash teases are a little trickier, but I found a program called "XML Content Translator" that can Google Translate the text from a TeaseMe XML file. It's not completely automatic, but it's not too bad. I've done several this way.

The translation results are usually pretty poor, especially where slang is used. But it does satisfy my curiosity, and I have found a few that I ended up really liking! :smile:
Last edited by Trusfrated on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
hashcloud
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hashcloud »

This could make it easyer to translate in every language:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14439
junedelle25m
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by junedelle25m »

Can you give us the link section of the tease? Maybe I can help. BTW, have you tried searching on google translator?
PM me please.
"Thank you loves, for giving me an awesome companion through all the days and counting".