please stop the non-consensual humiliation in that %$*& ad!

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
sensuousduck
Explorer
Explorer

please stop the non-consensual humiliation in that %$*& ad!

Post by sensuousduck »

Hi, goodhearts!!! I am totally not into either end of humiliation. Granted, there are many out here who are, but I believe that those who don't consent to it shouldn't have to put up with it.

I intensely, passionately, and completely HATE the "Humiliation POV" ad. Granted, Milovana has the right to earn revenue, but can there please be a version that does not call me a LOSER every fucking time I want to look at webteases out here? At least with the teases that have that kind of content I can close the page. I can't get rid of the ad, though.

It was bad enough when that was one of the ads on the Webteases page; now that it's the only one, the problem is redoubled.

No small part of why I'm squawking it that it apparently it does work its way into my consciousness even though I do my best to ignore it, or to give that ad the "digitus impudicus" whenever I do see it. As a survivor of various kinds of abuse, I do not need this. Not a bit. Not at all. Not one damn bit. It is harmful to me.

I do think it's within my rights to have the chance to be out here and not be abused. It is completely non-consensual on my part.

I want to continue to be able to post my teases out here, and to enjoy the ones others have posted that please me.

Please stop it. Now.
tBone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: please stop the non-consensual humiliation in that %$*&

Post by tBone »

https://adblockplus.org/

Or you could be proactive.
MyFreeCams: Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing!

Protip: Use https://mega.co.nz/ for uploads.
Won't need to upload it anywhere else because it doesn't have the shitty restrictions all the others have. Besides emp, some people like seeding there, so keep that.
favouriteworstnightmare
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by favouriteworstnightmare »

I don't know how you notice it, it just blends in with the random tease and tease of the month on either side of it and the text is tiny and tucked away in the corner. And really is seeing a picture that says "worship me loser" really a big deal, when I'm sure we've all been called worse is real life?
Deviant
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Deviant »

It sounds like the reminder of worse in real life is part of the problem here. Personally, I do notice it regularly and I think even things we don't pay a lot of conscious attention to can still have an effect. I also find it hard to fit the the implication that people interested in femdom are automatically "losers" with the open tone of healthy exploration the rest of Milovana has.

Everyone's tolerance varies but even as somebody into those themes I can see how some of the things posted on HumiliationPOV can take people to an unhealthy, unhappy place.

AdBlock Plus should let you permanantly hide any image by right clicking on it, at least on Firefox.
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): None, but I'd be interested

Post by elvisomar »

Wow.

HumiliationPOV is a service company, that provides a certain type of kink for those who dig it. That ad is not targeted at me, I am not looking for those services. I am grateful that they want to help pay some of the bills so that this terrific website can remain free and open. I thank HumiliationPOV.com for contributing to this community.

The "losers" the ad is targeted to are not you or me. It is targeted to those individuals who invite and embrace that type of humiliation, and consent to it. If you do not consent to it, then the ad is not speaking to you. I give you permission to ignore it.

I don't mean that sarcastically, I am being sincere. I am sorry the ads bother you. I am sorry that you have events in your history that bring you discomfort even now. I really am. You need to take the bull by the horns. If you are that sensitive to an ad that is not targeted to you, then you need to find an ad blocker that works for you.

May I also suggest, if you feel so inclined, send HumiliationPOV.com some feedback via email. Maybe tell them you very much appreciate their sponsorship of Milovana, but you are made uncomfortable by some of their ads, and then make a positive and constructive suggestion about the ads.

You do need to stand up for yourself, please do, but I humbly suggest the solution is on your end, not Milovana's.
Salerio
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Salerio »

I can't imagine there's that many companies that want to advertise here. As far as I can remember, they've been helping pay the site's bills for years. That deserves gratitude. Fine, the ads might make you uncomfortable - there are lots of teases on similar themes, do they make you uncomfortable? Does that mean they should be removed? Following that logic would quickly leave the site with zero content.
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by someone43 »

The over pussification of the fringe community's ability to deal with things they don't like or agree with is obnoxious. The whole righteous indignation the fringe community has when mainstream people are intolerant needs to be amplified when it comes from within.

Seeing the ad is completely consensual on your part, you visit the site knowing it's here and there's a chance of seeing it. Even if this was a pay-site, you either deal with it or find a service that aligns better with what you want. You can even make a site yourself if you feel that strongly about it.

Take control of what can do, rather than expecting others to bubble-wrap the world for you.
Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing.
Check it out: http://www.myfreecams.com

I'll even be posting brief reviews of girls who are good at it to narrow down your search! :-D
Flogger
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Flogger »

Wot ad?

Where?
ShySubSlut
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by ShySubSlut »

I think the request/reaction to the image is perfectly reasonable. However, as others have said, I don't think there's much Milovana can do, as the ad revenue keeps the site running. Please try to find an adblocker that works so you can keep your mental health in good shape!

(I don't think OP was being a pussy or righteously indignant. OP was making a simple request and there is a simple explanation or solution for them, that was very easy to suggest without getting angry, name-calling, or anything of that sort. OP, I hope you are well.)
Tury
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Dom (Male)
Dom/me(s): Anyone interested?
Sub/Slave(s): None right now.

Post by Tury »

Non-Drama response: http://www.reddit.com/r/milovana
It's Milovana without the ads.

Drama Response:
While I cannot truly know how you feel because I have not gone through what you have, I can understand why it would bother you. That you are unable to put it out of your mind due to personal experience and the memories it conjures up is upsetting and I wish there was anything else we could do as an online community. However, I imagine advertising is incredibly difficult for a free adult kink site. Not to mention they are constantly fielding issues from within regarding legality, morally hardcore conservatives, and admins simply walking away with no warning or release of their permissions.

Honestly, as only one person with only personal preference reasons essentially making demands in return for nothing and offering no other options or alternatives, I cannot see anything changing. Like the guy above me said (essentially) the site itself changing because of the desires of a minority would simply be b.s. If, however, you can find a functional alternative, I don't see why it wouldn't be considered.

If nothing can be done and you are forced to leave, I'm sorry and I hope you the best. And, as a Psychologist, if simple ads are enough to cause you such distress, then I recommend you seek out professional therapy as soon as you can.
If you have no reason to live, find a reason to keep living.

-Me
jackstock
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by jackstock »

You have emotional damage and you have to accept that this is the way YOU feel this is not abuse. These doms in real life care for men so much.
You dont have to feel this way. You are loved and appreciated every day. You can overcome your issues. You have self worth issues, like most of us. But you have strong triggers. These triggers are a sign. Dont ignore them. Dont push them away. Dont try to hide them. These feelings are the part of you that are calling out for help.
You need to care for yourself. Realize how much you truly love yourself. Realize how your existence is all the justification you will ever need.
People have hurt you in your life. But these people only hurt you because they were in pain deep down as well

I think you would benefit from meditation and acceptance of your feelings. When you stop resisting them, they will cease to block your life