A "Thank You" Button in Forum Posts

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
Turtle
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

A "Thank You" Button in Forum Posts

Post by Turtle »

Some forums allow you to "Thank" or "Thumbs Up" posts with the click of the button. At the bottom of the post you see something like, "Turtle and 100 others have said thank you for this post."

I have no idea if such a feature would be possible here, but it'd have some definite advantages. First, it'd make it easier for users to show each other support and encourage more posting. Second, it'd most welcome in picture threads, where thank-you posts tend to stick out a bit awkwardly. It'd be a great indicator for writers, giving them a better picture of how many people actually read and enjoyed a work as opposed to just clicking the link in hope of pics. Lastly, it'd allow users to praise older posts without bumping them.

By the way, sorry if this has been suggested before.
MasterMike
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Master

Re: A "Thank You" Button in Forum Posts

Post by MasterMike »

I like the idea. People are shy to comment here it seems, so liking or thumbing up a post could lead the way. Amount of views tells little, compare say a post with 300 views and other with 300 views and 208 'thanks'.
junedelle25m
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Dom (Male)

Re: A "Thank You" Button in Forum Posts

Post by junedelle25m »

Agree! great great idea dude! likes or thumbs up is easier and not shameful since it won't display names.
"Thank you loves, for giving me an awesome companion through all the days and counting".