Pictures in Posts.

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
engy
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Pictures in Posts.

Post by engy »

It seems quite a few people are having problems using the Image (This site uses BBCode, See Options)

Step 4. Post your Pic/Gif/Or whatever.
A. Type post.
B. Paste the stuff you just copied.
C. Preview your Post to make sure you did it right.

Step 5.
A. Look at your post.
B. Clap yourself on the back.

There are of course many other ways to do this; however, I find this the simplest way.

I haven't actually ever hit a limit on this site. I would guess at 5 megabytes. However, I would keep your pictures under 1MB; as that is the limit for quite a few sites out there.

A common mistake is for someone to use the img button. Which works just fine, however, some people put spaces in.

Example:
Withspaces:
[/img] http://www.filenanny.com/files/46911531 ... 20Logo.gif [/img]
Without:
That .gif is 3.6MB; as you can see it takes a while to load. And the first few times it runs by it's frames are slowed... So be kind, and keep file sizes small. You can see the differing loading times with my cut down avatar and the full sized gif.

The easy way to use the buttons in the Message Body, section is Highlight/Select the words/link/section/ect. you want to effect, then click the button.

Keep in mind; this will only work on a website that uses BBCode, and if you ever check the box; "Disable BBCode in this post" it won't work. And this will not work in any teases you produce. You can do it the HTML way, however, you'll have to turn it on; and this is the keep it stupid simple method.

As Dark suggested, use the Technical Support forum if you want to test this feature out. However, I think Preview button does a good enough job...

Abbreviations:

I.E. - In Example
HTML - Hyper Text Markup Language
URL - Uniform Resource Locator
IMG - Image
BBCode - Bulletin Board Code
.gif - Graphics Interchange File
.jpeg - Joint Photographic Experts Group
MB - Megabyte

If there are any mistakes; or you wish to comment please feel free to PM me. Or in the event you have any simple problems like this; chances are I can help you.
Font Size 1 should be unreadable - Yes, yes this is my first post; I like to lurk around. Really small font has cool uses.
Mz_Teneale
Resident Mistress
Resident Mistress

Post by Mz_Teneale »

You are a legend. Thanks for helping! :-D

I made this post a sticky so it will stay up for everyone to see!
The Mistress From Oz
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by jp »

Wow, and a first post. I'd say that's better than an introduction thread first post!
Mz_Teneale
Resident Mistress
Resident Mistress

Post by Mz_Teneale »

Ooooh... Thanks JP, i didnt notice that...

Welcome to the forums Engy! And thanks again for the awesome post! :-D

Why dont you post on the introduction thread or something and introduce yourself better. Feel free to join in on the forum fun or to create a webtease. :-D
The Mistress From Oz