Nyx replacement

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Vinny Vodka
Explorer
Explorer

Nyx replacement

Post by Vinny Vodka »

Just wondering what we can expect from the upcoming replacement for nyx. A few questions on my mind are...

1. When it comes out, will we still be able to make nyx teases or will all flashes teases be required to use the new system?
2. What will happen to the old flash teases when the new system comes out?
3. When is it expected to come out?
4. Will it allow us to use variables?
5. Will it allow us to have more direct control of the page layout and picture sizes?
6. Will there be a visual editor? (I'm personally hoping the answer to this one is "no", or at least "not initially". I'm sort of opposed to visual editors in the first place and I'd rather the new system not be delayed due to the time needed to create a visual editor).
7. Will it allow uploading pictures from other sites or will we still have to download them to our computers first?
8. Anything else we can expect?
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Nyx replacement

Post by Nezhul »

Tell me, what'll change in your life if you have answers? It's not like it'll be done faster that way, nor it'll have some extra functionality. I believe seraphox is a busy man, and working on it "when he has a minute", so I doubt even he can answer WHEN it'll be done. :-/
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
Vinny Vodka
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vinny Vodka »

Thanks for your input Nezhul. Your service as question guardian around Milovana's management is very useful to the community and deserves to be rewarded.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I just know how it happens. If you don't like my answer - keep waiting, lol
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
Vinny Vodka
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vinny Vodka »

The reason I don't like your "answer" is because you failed to consider that maybe I am a reasonable person purely because I asked these questions. Don't you realize that its just possible that I was asking them simply out of curiousity about the new system? Of course I know that my life will not be altered in any significant way by the questions being answered. Of course I know that these questions won't effect the release date or features of the new system. Can Seraph0x give a reasonable expected release date for it? I don't know, maybe he can maybe he can't. I've certainly seen release dates be poorly predicted by others in the past. Still I don't see any harm in asking. Your lecture was completely unnecessary.

So thanks for telling me why I shouldn't overworry about these questions that I wasn't overworried about in the first place. I'll do as you suggest and just wait and check back in the future to see if I do get any insights from the management here regarding my original questions. I like that plan. Amazingly its exactly what I'd intended to do when I created the thread. I guess the plan now has the added benefit of somehow amusing you.
bookworm
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by bookworm »

Gosh, even the "flaming" on here is polite! ;-)
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

bookworm wrote:Gosh, even the "flaming" on here is polite! ;-)

No they are smouldering
Wait until they're smoking
Then one or other,
Or somebody else
Fans the flames
This may become a must see :-D

les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Vinny Vodka wrote:1. When it comes out, will we still be able to make nyx teases or will all flashes teases be required to use the new system?
You will still be able to use the old Nyx to make FlashTeases. At some point we may turn it off - but probably not until at least a year after the new system is online.

Please note that the new editor will still use Flash and will be based on Nyx. However the teases it creates will *not* use Flash (but rather JavaScript/HTML5).
Vinny Vodka wrote:2. What will happen to the old flash teases when the new system comes out?
They'll stay exactly the way they are.
Vinny Vodka wrote:3. When is it expected to come out?
If you want a date, I'd say about January/February. But the way it goes, sometimes I get really into it and spend a whole weekend working on something and suddenly it's done, or sometimes I don't have any time to work on it for weeks. So yeah, it could come out a lot sooner or a lot later.
Vinny Vodka wrote:4. Will it allow us to use variables?
Yes, you'll have the full syntax of JavaScript available if you need it. So you could in theory do object-oriented programming if you wanted to. Obviously we will still make the system easy to use for beginners, so these features are sort of there if you need them, but it's also possible to write very simple teases without much code.
Vinny Vodka wrote:5. Will it allow us to have more direct control of the page layout and picture sizes?
This is a very hard problem unfortunately, but yes, a lot of the time I've spent on it so far was to create a flexible HTML-based widget system. You'll be able to create pretty much any layout you want using HTML and CSS.
Vinny Vodka wrote:6. Will there be a visual editor? (I'm personally hoping the answer to this one is "no", or at least "not initially". I'm sort of opposed to visual editors in the first place and I'd rather the new system not be delayed due to the time needed to create a visual editor).
The visual editor is quite useful for quickly mocking up the basic structure and content of the tease before dropping down into script view
Vinny Vodka wrote:7. Will it allow uploading pictures from other sites or will we still have to download them to our computers first?
One of the features we are trying to get into MIA (that's what the system in tentatively called) is support for our gallery feature. (And expanding the galleries to include images from a lot more partner sites as well.) Other than that, no hotlinking or downloading from other servers will be allowed.
Vinny Vodka wrote:8. Anything else we can expect?
Yes, but I don't want to spoil all the surprises. ;-)

Generally, please note: All of this information can still change - if I see a better, faster, easier way to do something, I'll take it.
Vinny Vodka
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vinny Vodka »

Thanks for the information Seraph0x. It sounds like MIA is going to be a great system to work with! :-)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Vinny Vodka wrote:Thanks for the information Seraph0x. It sounds like MIA is going to be a great system to work with! :-)
I have no doubt that it'll be great. The tricky part is getting it done. ;-)
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

seraph0x wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:22 pm
Vinny Vodka wrote:Thanks for the information Seraph0x. It sounds like MIA is going to be a great system to work with! :-)
I have no doubt that it'll be great. The tricky part is getting it done. ;-)
Tricky, indeed. ;-)

In the "Back from the Dead!" thread a little over a month ago, Serph0x listed "Finish Mia (HTML5 interactive tease engine)" as one of the items on his to-do list. I hadn't heard much about this before so I searched and found this thread.

It sounds a lot like an online version of GuideMe -an advanced version of NYX-, in that it will have the ability to use JavaScript and many other advanced functions that NYX is unable to. He mentions HTML and CSS too. Wouldn't it make sense to make MIA and GuideMe compatible with each other? So a tease author could create one script and it would work online or offline without conversion? I'm also curious about how far along it is. Is it half done? 75% done? Or have things changed so much in the last several years that it needs to be scrapped and re-written? Remember, NYX is still considered Beta! :lol:

It's certainly an exciting time at Milovana lately, with the new members and influx of new teases and forum conversation. I think lost in this might be the possibility that we get a new tease building engine soon. :smile: I know it's over six years later than expected, but if there's one thing we know about Milovana and Seraph0x, it's never say never! :-D

Thank you, Seraph0x for "keeping the lights on" for all these years. :wave:
ImageImage
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Miss Tress

Post by Sissy Elise »

MIA looks like it will be amazing :w00t:
seraph0x wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:14 am
Vinny Vodka wrote:4. Will it allow us to use variables?
Yes, you'll have the full syntax of JavaScript available if you need it. So you could in theory do object-oriented programming if you wanted to. Obviously we will still make the system easy to use for beginners, so these features are sort of there if you need them, but it's also possible to write very simple teases without much code.
Would it be possible to add ability for mods to delete teases or make them invisible to help prevent users screwing other users over with javascript, maybe even a "report tease" button for users ?
seraph0x wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:14 am
Vinny Vodka wrote:7. Will it allow uploading pictures from other sites or will we still have to download them to our computers first?
One of the features we are trying to get into MIA (that's what the system in tentatively called) is support for our gallery feature. (And expanding the galleries to include images from a lot more partner sites as well.) Other than that, no hotlinking or downloading from other servers will be allowed.
Does this include hotlinking video's? or would they be limited to a few sites like the original webteases are?
  
TEASES   VIDEOS   GAMES   ART
💕  Latest Tease:    Rock Paper Scissors - Visual Game
📼  Latest vids:      Sissy Trainer 22     🆕

seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Sissy Elise wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:01 pmWould it be possible to add ability for mods to delete teases or make them invisible to help prevent users screwing other users over with javascript, maybe even a "report tease" button for users ?
It's JavaScript as in the language, not JavaScript as in "we'll give people unrestricted access to run code in your browser". The last prototype of Mia was using a transpiler-based sandboxing mechanism. Since 2010, JavaScript sandboxing has actually gotten a lot more powerful with modern browser support, so these days you can even create unprivileged iframes to sandbox untrusted third party code.

Point is: We would set it up so people can't "screw users with JavaScript".

That said, having better mod features for managing teases is a good idea.
Sissy Elise wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:01 pm Does this include hotlinking video's? or would they be limited to a few sites like the original webteases are?
The latter (whitelisting a few sites) may be a possibility.
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Miss Tress

Post by Sissy Elise »

Good to hear :-) - I had visions of people creating infinitive loops and crashing browsers etc
  
TEASES   VIDEOS   GAMES   ART
💕  Latest Tease:    Rock Paper Scissors - Visual Game
📼  Latest vids:      Sissy Trainer 22     🆕