Nyx is obsolete. We have to do something about it

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
SpiritualMigrant
Explorer
Explorer

Nyx is obsolete. We have to do something about it

Post by SpiritualMigrant »

Hello.
Lots of people including me have issues creating teases on Nyx. Right now, I know at least 3 content creators that are stuck because of "server problems". I know this has been answered already.

With HSama with are working on a big project, impossible in the classic tease editor. We need something like Nyx.

I'm just trying to make some noise here. Please, do something about that.
I'm angry.
That's it.

Even, if nothing is solved in the next few weeks, I'd like to gather people to try to create a version that could work. (I'm ready to learn HTML for this, considering I'm good in C that should do the trick)
TrashDick
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Re: Nyx is obsolete. We have to do something about it

Post by TrashDick »

While I wouldn't go so far as to call it obsolete, I do agree that it's grown too buggy, awkward and lacking for the creation process of teases to be any fun.

We really could use a better program for tease creation, something with more features that isn't as broken and bare-bones.
Archive of full-sized pictures that I've used in my teases:
Pussy-Free Archive: (For those who aren't allowed to see pussies)
http://imgur.com/a/qnzuv
Pussy-Visible Archive: (All pics that show pussy)
http://imgur.com/a/k5XeA
enoch
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Goddess Maya Loux

Post by enoch »

I'm a developer and interested in working on this.

Can we figure out what a minimum viable version looks like? Come on people, list features and how it should work.
enoch
Explorer
Explorer
Dom/me(s): Goddess Maya Loux

Post by enoch »

Here are some examples of things I've worked on in this domain:

http://typing.mayaloux.com/ (sort of like Fond of Writing)

http://tools.mayaloux.com/wTrack/wtrack.php (it's a tool that forces the user to wank and punishes them the longer they wank)

Both of these are pretty configurable, I just never completed a UI for doing that. UI isn't my strong suit.

Both ask for an email address. You have to provide something that looks like an email address, but you don't need to provide a real one.
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

Have a look at the TeaseMe editor made by Philo. I never used it myself but I know it has NYX export capabilities:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10941
Try GuideMe or TeaseMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos... don't forget to support milovana and rate the online teases!
TheDon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by TheDon »

There arent really server issues. The error message comes up when you use one of these words: name, limit, show, distinct, having, top, style. This happens also when using a hidden or secret delay.
Spoiler: show
SpiritualMigrant
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SpiritualMigrant »

Thanks for your reactions.
I'm going to try this offline editor.

The editor should have : variables, conditional stuff (if already visited page 18 and/or variable 1 <10, then display a button... etc) and of course all of that should be accessible for anyone, even if they don't have programming skills.
Obviously, being able to upload pictures easily, and all the stuff Nyx already had well implemented (timers, custom buttons, etc)
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

The offline editor has been a bit awkward for me - the different parts are a little too spread apart to access and I don't know if there is a quicker way to do so that I'm missing. HTML5 Nyx with some sort of variables would be great.

I made a bit of a new tease last night, and having these random issues come up is so frustrating. I've just wrote ##add## for slides that need a secret or hidden timer for now - it seems like I can add these and save in the text editor, so i can go back and do them before publishing I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by kerkersklave »

SpiritualMigrant wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:27 am Thanks for your reactions.
I'm going to try this offline editor.

The editor should have : variables, conditional stuff (if already visited page 18 and/or variable 1 <10, then display a button... etc) and of course all of that should be accessible for anyone, even if they don't have programming skills.
Obviously, being able to upload pictures easily, and all the stuff Nyx already had well implemented (timers, custom buttons, etc)
It would be quite easy to build something like that. I also thought about using one of these javascript flowchart libaries to build a visual editor. But I've heard that Seraphox is working on a replacement for the Flashteases and Nyx himself. So whatever that is, it will be the replacement for flashteases and I guess it will appear in the next year or so (at least this is the timeframe, the Google, Mozilla etc. are using to phase out flash completly). So before that happens, it is probably not that useful to invest too much development time into the old technology.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by kerkersklave »

TheDon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:45 am There arent really server issues. The error message comes up when you use one of these words: name, limit, show, distinct, having, top, style. This happens also when using a hidden or secret delay.
This sounds like someone fucked up the backend pretty good. Do we know what is behind these issues?
TheSlave
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by TheSlave »

TheDon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:45 am There arent really server issues. The error message comes up when you use one of these words: name, limit, show, distinct, having, top, style. This happens also when using a hidden or secret delay.
Extending your list with two more words: when and then
It's clearly some testing for code injection which causes these issues. But it also seems that it is kinda random if the problem occurs when using those words (no idea how the testing for code injection is implemented and what other constraints are also checked).
However, I hope it gets fixed soon!
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

kerkersklave wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:30 am But I've heard that Seraphox is working on a replacement for the Flashteases and Nyx himself.
Apparently it's called "Mia" and it's been in development since at least 2010.

Here's some questions Seraphox answered about it:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5929&p=79169#p79169

After last year's server crash and ultimate resurrection, he had this on his to-do list:
  • Finish Mia (HTML5 interactive tease engine)
So, he's got plans, clearly. Just not adequate time. As always,we must be both thankful and patient.
ImageImage
rebekeplex
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rebekeplex »

I think that the new editor should contain features from Playfulguy's Scripting engine but it should be intuitive and easy to use for basic users (like myself). The Scripting engine is good, but i'm just unable to make it work efficiently for me, since you need to write all in the notepad or elsewhere...

I would like to have editor with buttons, that will make the script for you, will tell you where to put the text for that particular page and ideally show you a preview instantly. Another annoyance with the Nyx for me was, that new pages doesn't automatically come with a button that make it to go for next page when you make it, because creating the "continue" button over 200 times during making a tease tilted the fuck out of me everytime... (that's why i never finished any of my flash teases)

And the current Nyx tease maker compromises quality of the images very rapdily, which is bad.

Link for Playfulguy's Scripting engine:
Spoiler: show
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15891&hilit=GuideMe#p199377
Tintin119
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tintin119 »

As someone considering porting a tease to SexScripts for features, here are things that I see make sense in a new version:

1. You should be able to make a tease as easily as with NYX flash editor, those are all a good set of features.
2. Audio and video should also be natively supported, perhaps even a metronome since that is quite commonly used
3. If the creator is experienced with coding, other structures that use loops, variables, and other functions should be available. Also consider how these should be able to be used.
4. It would be nice to support saved data (settings for configuring a tease), or even just leaving the option of continuing a tease that you closed halfway through. This is good for multi-day (or distinct sessions throughout a day) teases.
5. I found it useful that SexScripts is organized in a way that the pictures, buttons, audio, video, text, and delays are all separate lines and do not have to be contained in "pages" (but you should be able to make functions that work like pages). This gives the flexibility of easily changing only one thing (like pictures), which can be changed in a loop while the rest remains the same or however the creator wants it to work. This can significantly lower the amount of code written for more elaborate teases that are often created by people with coding experience. User "Lolol2" had to write something like 20,000 lines of code to be able to include random paths, which could easily be cut down a ton.
6. An offline version would be nice. This can potentially give even more features like the ability to trigger exe files for teasing methods like selfbondage. Adjusting audio volume (even better would be left and right individually) can be a useful built in feature for EStim teases that use audio to electrically stimulate the user. This is kind of a niche feature, maybe it can be used for audio vibrators too, but I wouldn't expect this to be used all over the place. Opening a CD tray can also be made into a simple and useful release method. Finally, the ability to make it full screen so you cannot close the program without access to a keyboard, also useful in selfbondage to prevent escape.
7. The code itself should be efficient and not have unfriendly overhead like the textformat stuff in NYX. I like to think of Arduino when I think of taking a system that can do really complex stuff in a simple way. The clean look is extremely helpful in encouraging fast programming. Do take a look at SexScripts, it is quite simple to use even for executing complex stuff.

As much as I love SexScripts, user "Lolol2" and I agree that the flash format makes things so accessible for most people, but the ability to add features that only work in an offline format with the same code would give the best of both worlds. I hope this was helpful and I would love to see the result replacing NYX!