"Error contacting server. Try again later or ask for help in the forums." - unable to save teases

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

"Error contacting server. Try again later or ask for help in the forums." - unable to save teases

Post by Shattered »

Repeating error here - I identified one case that turned it on and off.

This error occurred when I had any slides set to use random image based on filter and tried to save. When I selected the image manually, or it was the default *.jpg, no errors occurred.

However its come up again. Tis real inconvenient, don't know that I'll be able to do much until this is resolved :( It seems the delay function is triggering this now for me, and that is kind of incredibly important to making a flashtease a flashtease ^^;
AlltrueSC
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above
Dom/me(s): none
Sub/Slave(s): None

Re: "Error contacting server. Try again later or ask for help in the forums." - unable to save teases

Post by AlltrueSC »

I posted a similar problem buried in the NYX feedback.
I had saved some stuff, got the server error
and logged out when I got back in.. none of my saves had worked.
still true to my own self...even with a lot of changes
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Miss Tress

Re: "Error contacting server. Try again later or ask for help in the forums." - unable to save teases

Post by Sissy Elise »

unfortunately the star symbol could be classified as "select all" in a sql injection so cloudflares firewall is blocking it.
  
TEASES   VIDEOS   GAMES   ART
💕  Latest Tease:    Rock Paper Scissors - Visual Game
📼  Latest vids:      Sissy Trainer 22     🆕

FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FATALES »

the whole wrong :-/
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sissy Elise »

Some people have been finding different browsers allow the scripts to be posted to the server
  

Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Sissy Elise wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:01 pm Some people have been finding different browsers allow the scripts to be posted to the server
Hmm, if that might work I'd love to hear what works for people. I'm on firefox, mayhaps I'll test some later :lol:
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sissy Elise »

I tested pic("*.jpg") on chrome earlier and it worked, but it might be also to do with other words stopping it
  

Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Sissy Elise wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:50 pm I tested pic("*.jpg") on chrome earlier and it worked, but it might be also to do with other words stopping it
the default *.jpg worked for me as well, it was once i changed it to anything else.
kb2002437
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kb2002437 »

If you have any of the following words in your text it wont save. Just remove these words and try it.

name, limit, show, distinct, having, top, style, when, then, !,
TheSlave
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by TheSlave »

kb2002437 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:36 pm If you have any of the following words in your text it wont save. Just remove these words and try it.

This is because it looks for code injection.

However, I found a workarond for this. If you change

Code: Select all

name
for example to

nam<span></span>e
in the code, it will get displayed as name but won't get identified as such when it looks for code injection because of the empty span tag.

I could not reproduce the error by only using exclamation marks. I successfully tested this workaround with a >2000 words Webtease (which is still work in progress :-D )
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

TheSlave wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:47 pm
kb2002437 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:36 pm If you have any of the following words in your text it wont save. Just remove these words and try it.

name
for example to

nam<span></span>e
in the code, it will get displayed as name but won't get identified as such when it looks for code injection because of the empty span tag.

I could not reproduce the error by only using exclamation marks. I successfully tested this workaround with a >2000 words Webtease (which is still work in progress :-D )
That's interesting to know :) Any similar applications for timers?
TheSlave
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by TheSlave »

Shattered wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:19 pm

name
for example to

nam<span></span>e

I did find a workaround for delays indeed. :yes:

If I use

style:hidden
or

style:secret
in a delay the error occurs. But if I only write

hidden
or

secret
without the

style:
there is no error and it works as expected.

For hidden delays there is also the possibility to write the delay at the 5th parameter of the page command (which are hidden elements).
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

TheSlave wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:12 am
Shattered wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:19 pm

name
for example to

nam<span></span>e

I did find a workaround for delays indeed. :yes:

If I use

style:hidden
or

style:secret
in a delay the error occurs. But if I only write

hidden
or

secret
without the

style:
there is no error and it works as expected.

For hidden delays there is also the possibility to write the delay at the 5th parameter of the page command (which are hidden elements).
Thanks. I've made a note of where I need to add these onto my tease and will go back and see if I can fix it with these once it's done :)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

I've added an exemption to the Cloudflare firewall for the Nyx "save script" feature. Please LMK if you continue to have any issues.
Sissy Elise
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sissy Elise »

seraph0x wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:10 am I've added an exemption to the Cloudflare firewall for the Nyx "save script" feature. Please LMK if you continue to have any issues.
Thank you, could you do the same for /forum/posting.php and /forum/ucp.php ? as it is stopping some people posting scripts in the forums/PMs + stopping some emotions/bbcodes from being posted