HTML5 and Flash (or Java) error...

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
bennygrimm
Explorer
Explorer

HTML5 and Flash (or Java) error...

Post by bennygrimm »

is something going on with the editor? I keep getting the following message:

Sorry, the Milovana Editor requires JavaScript and either HTML5 or Flash 8+ to function properly.

I've definitely got HTML5 and Java, and I've made teases on my Mac before. Any ideas?
I'm moving some of my most popular stories to Amazon.

You can find out about the new stories that I'm publishing alongside stories from my friends at Hyperkube Publishing Co. –– Subscribe to our email list for exclusive deals and updates!

baconir
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: HTML5 and Flash (or Java) error...

Post by baconir »

I tried the editor and it seems to be working normally so the problem is probably on your end. You may want to restart your computer and try using a different browser. If the different browser works after a restart but not the original, you will need to reinstall your original browser.
Toby_D'nyed
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive
Sub/Slave(s): Not looking for a sub

Post by Toby_D'nyed »

Sorry, the Milovana Editor requires JavaScript and either HTML5 or Flash 8+ to function properly.
That's JavaScript that it requires, NOT Java. They are two different things. The similarity in the names is misleading.

Check your browser settings. For example in Safari, open Preferences (Safari menu, "Preferences...") and go to the Security tab. In the "Web Content" section, you need the "Enable JavaScript" option to be checked.
harper.cc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by harper.cc »

I'm having the same problem, and I have JavaScript enabled and the newest flash version.
sensuousduck
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sensuousduck »

Me too, and I've been posting and/or editing my webteases for about 6 years on this computer. I changed nothing on my end, and now I'm getting that dippy-ass message. Was the software changed on your end? Me confoosed....

:wave:

Update: Somehow found out that my browser settings had unbeknownst to me changed so that it wasn't letting the Flash run. All better. *sigh* Now for some reason I'm not quite in the mood to write erotica. That sucks. Maybe a few videos will get me inspired. ♥
rob204
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by rob204 »

sensuousduck wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:32 am Somehow found out that my browser settings had unbeknownst to me changed so that it wasn't letting the Flash run.
Yes, currently some browsers deactivate Flash automatically to simplify the transition to not supporting Flash at all.

But even with Flash deactivated obviously the editor should work since it requires "HTML5 or Flash 8+" and you certainly have HTML5. :hmmm: