Web based torrent downloaders?

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
book_guy
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Web based torrent downloaders?

Post by book_guy »

Just trying out some of the new services out there ... you get your torrent-shared file, but you don't get it via a torrent-client (like BitTorrent or uTorrent) that is installed on your own computer. Rather, THEY torrent-download it to their cloud and then you web-download it directly to your computer. Or, you just get them to torrent-download it to their cloud and you keep it there on their cloud.

I've been waiting a long time for this technology to get going. A "main" service like this, out there right now is Seedr ...
https://www.seedr.cc/

... and AlternativeTo.Net lists a bunch of similar services ...
http://alternativeto.net/software/seedr/

... of which I am trying out TorX, which seems to be about the most bare-bones of the lot ...
https://torx.pw

Working well so far. TorX got me a file from a private torrent-tracker in about a nano-second, and it is presently sending the thing to my hard-drive at about as fast a DL speed as I've ever gotten on anything! Wahoo!

But I've been unable to find one that allows me to move the torrented file FROM their cloud directly to MY MEGA CLOUD ...
https://mega.nz/

... which is what I want to do. See link in signature, I keep all my stuff on Mega; I want to stop having to move it FROM the internet TO my hard-drive, just in order to move it right back TO the internet (to my Mega cloud storage). Is there a way to move things from one cloud service TO another, such as from a web-torrent-downloader like Seedr or TorX, to my Mega storage?

Humph. You'd think the internet would be all connected or something ... :\'-(
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Are you missing a cock-hero video?
Me too. Since September 1, 2020, my Mega Sharing Zones contents are being removed by Mega.
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Re: Web based torrent downloaders?

Post by slaveashish »

I am sorry friend in that I can't help you.

But I am not at all sorry that I happened by this post. I thought I got a good bargain when I took premium of myfastfile for 10$ for 3 months. But this Torx service you have shared is so much cheaper.

Other than the fact that it can't transfer to mega, is it working good for you? Also, what is the difference between Advanced plan and Professional plan?
book_guy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by book_guy »

slaveashish wrote:Other than the fact that it can't transfer to mega, is it working good for you? Also, what is the difference between Advanced plan and Professional plan?
It's weird. It seems to be sort-of working. But it has a couple of problems.

First, it downloads torrented files to the 96.6 % mark, then freaks out. It will blink back and forth from 96.6 to 96.9 several times, or maybe not. Generally it's done, so when I find it over 96, I just hit "reload" or "cancel" and get the file, and it turns out to be 100%. So, there's something wrong with file-termination signaling, at least in the context of my browser, set-up, anti-virus, etc..

Second, it doesn't seem to charge me any money. I have no account there. I just use the service as a one-off basis. I got a new cock-hero by DL'ing the torrent from Milovana, then putting it into their browse-box at torx.pw, and it got it (except for the 96% problem, above), and then I got it from them. And then I went away. And was never heard from again. Weird.

Third, I really can't tell you what their plans ARE. Advanced, Professional, Free? Money? Whatever. :whistle:
Are you missing a cock-hero video?
Me too. Since September 1, 2020, my Mega Sharing Zones contents are being removed by Mega.
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by slaveashish »

book_guy wrote:Third, I really can't tell you what their plans ARE. Advanced, Professional, Free? Money? Whatever. :whistle:
:lol: enjoy it as long as it lasts