Chrome can't load the website

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
pin-dicked sissy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Chrome can't load the website

Post by pin-dicked sissy »

For a couple of days now, Chrome will not load the site at all when using the wesite's url. However, if i use the ip address, it loads fine except for any graphics.

I can load the site fine in IE11 (ironically) and am trying to discover if it is an issue with my chrome install or not.
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Chrome can't load the website

Post by someone43 »

Chrome is working for me. Might be a plug-in on your end. Try chrome in safe-mode or incognito with plug-ins disabled.
Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing.
Check it out: http://www.myfreecams.com

I'll even be posting brief reviews of girls who are good at it to narrow down your search! :-D
Chained
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by Chained »

Do yourself a favor and throw Chrome out of your life forever. It was designed from the ground up to help Google and their developers spy on you, plain and simple.
bhlombardy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bhlombardy »

FIRST UP: Google Chrome does what is called DNS pre-fetching to TRY and speed up the browsing experience. try turning this off to see if it helps at all.
(This depends on your version of Chrome... but basically go to the Options, then Settings and search "prefetch" -- when you see the setting, disable it)

SECONDLY:
pin-dicked sissy wrote:For a couple of days now, Chrome will not load the site at all when using the wesite's url. However, if i use the ip address, it loads fine except for any graphics.
You seem like you somewhat understand the difference between the URL and the destination IP, so briefly:

DNS servers are what tell your browser that a URL (eg: "www.milovana.com" ) translates to an IP ( 89.207.133.101 )
MOST browsers use the DNS servers provided by your internet provider as default to perform this task. (unless you have manually monkeyed with your DNS settings in your network settings, then it uses whatever DNS servers you have manually selected) Regardless of that, because you say IE11 works fine...

Google apps and programs, however, like to use the google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) to negotiate your lookup. Most people don't know that, so If Google's DNS aren't working right (for whatever reason, ie: they're down, or your firewall is blocking them, etc), then your Google apps aren't going to work right.

Bypassing this lookup by loading the site using the IP instead of the URL name will get you past the initial lookup (because you told it the IP for the site - it doesn't need to look it up) HOWEVER many/most of the images on the site are pointing to other URL addresses (not IPs) so if your DNS server options are screwed (for whatever reason at the time) the site will load, but the images are going to be broken because the lookup for THOSE aren't going to work.

If you are extremely savvy, and you have a decent enough router, you can program your router to redirect Google's DNS's to your ISP's DNS... or to a null address. When they fail on initial lookup, they will then use your default ones. Or you could just use IE11. There's seriously nothing wrong with using IE when Chrome fails you.
Slutastic
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Slutastic »

This could be due to a corrupted profile on your computer - try creating a new user account on your computer - if that works then do a system restore to last working date or click here: https://www.google.com/#q=corrupted+profile for more help.

Also Scan for viruses whilst you are at it ;)
Last edited by Slutastic on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are no longer all together as one but separate mental patients, that yearn to be ejected out of this poisoned atmosphere to a warm bed and a friendly therapist.
Slutastic
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Slutastic »

Chained wrote:Do yourself a favor and throw Chrome out of your life forever. It was designed from the ground up to help Google and their developers spy on you, plain and simple.
Which American Browsers don't spy on you? lolololol
We are no longer all together as one but separate mental patients, that yearn to be ejected out of this poisoned atmosphere to a warm bed and a friendly therapist.
Chained
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Slave

Post by Chained »

Slutastic wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:52 pm
Chained wrote:Do yourself a favor and throw Chrome out of your life forever. It was designed from the ground up to help Google and their developers spy on you, plain and simple.
Which American Browsers don't spy on you? lolololol
Actually, if you go to a little trouble configuring it properly, the Linux version of Firefox is pretty good. My point was Chrome is designed from the ground up to spy on you, you might as well just give Google permission to install the cranial implant and rectal probe, and lock them in place.