Tech Support - Email Issues

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: email notification

Post by Banquo »

servufon wrote:
Banquo wrote:
servufon wrote:i know the admins are understaffed but the lack of ANY response, even a "too bad, just give up" is simply ridiculous
I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with this kind of attitude. The fact that the email system is broken has been noted. As I've already said in this very thread, a red dude will need to deal with it. They aren't ignoring you out of spite, they simply haven't been online. Considering the email notification system is broken, it's highly likely they don't even know there is a problem. It will get fixed, when it gets fixed, until then just enjoy the parts of the site that continue to work.
i'm expressing my dissatisfaction at the lack of even a shred of response; i understand saying "we can't fix the problem for now" or "we won't fix the problem, too bad"

"they simply haven't been online" is even more ridiculous than not responding

i didn't suggest they were ignoring anyone out of spite; i have no idea what is the cause, but there is no excuse for zero response
How incredibly self entitled of you. Perhaps you should ask for a refund?

As I have said now, in numerous threads, Including this one, these are issues that can only be fixed by an admin. The admins haven't been online, so therefore I have no need to come in here and state the obvious to you. I would have thought, given this comment by me, last January...

Banquo wrote: It's something one of our site admins (Red Dudes) will have to fix.
That the fact no admins have been online since last autumn, would perhaps have given you a clue as to why something hasn't been fixed. Or is there something else that I need to explain to you about this current situation?

This is a free website, run by volunteers. Volunteers who live a life outside the confines of this website, and have OTHER THINGS TO DO, both her and in the outside world. Getting pissy because someone hasn't come in here to tell you something you already know isn't going to solve the problem any quicker, frankly it's just going to piss off the people that are trying to help keep the site usable.

The email system will be fixed when it is fixed.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
janine
Explorer
Explorer

Post by janine »

Banquo: Thanks for the clarification.

One suggestion: Could you put a sticky in the tech-support forum, so people don't open new threads every time about this? I believe this should be possible for a moderator. Maybe this could also increase visibility of the problem to the admins.

And yes, this problem is kind of ridiculous. I agree with that one. But stating it over and over again doesn't make it better.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

I don't see the need to sticky this, the problem has been noted, and the admins will be aware of it when they log on.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

Banquo wrote:
servufon wrote:
Banquo wrote:I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with this kind of attitude. The fact that the email system is broken has been noted. As I've already said in this very thread, a red dude will need to deal with it. They aren't ignoring you out of spite, they simply haven't been online. Considering the email notification system is broken, it's highly likely they don't even know there is a problem. It will get fixed, when it gets fixed, until then just enjoy the parts of the site that continue to work.
i'm expressing my dissatisfaction at the lack of even a shred of response; i understand saying "we can't fix the problem for now" or "we won't fix the problem, too bad"

"they simply haven't been online" is even more ridiculous than not responding

i didn't suggest they were ignoring anyone out of spite; i have no idea what is the cause, but there is no excuse for zero response
How incredibly self entitled of you. Perhaps you should ask for a refund?

As I have said now, in numerous threads, Including this one, these are issues that can only be fixed by an admin. The admins haven't been online, so therefore I have no need to come in here and state the obvious to you. I would have thought, given this comment by me, last January...

Banquo wrote: It's something one of our site admins (Red Dudes) will have to fix.
That the fact no admins have been online since last autumn, would perhaps have given you a clue as to why something hasn't been fixed. Or is there something else that I need to explain to you about this current situation?

This is a free website, run by volunteers. Volunteers who live a life outside the confines of this website, and have OTHER THINGS TO DO, both her and in the outside world. Getting pissy because someone hasn't come in here to tell you something you already know isn't going to solve the problem any quicker, frankly it's just going to piss off the people that are trying to help keep the site usable.

The email system will be fixed when it is fixed.
apparently you and i have very different views of volunteer responsibilities, and i realize that as an adult you've most likely been in one or more as have i, so i say that without implying you are wrong; simply we obviously see it quite differently

we've each had our say, may we move on now?
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

apparently you and i have very different views of volunteer responsibilities, and i realize that as an adult you've most likely been in one or more as have i, so i say that without implying you are wrong; simply we obviously see it quite differently

I've worked with, and managed volunteers my entire working life. I'm well aware of what's expected from someone when they give their time for free. This isn't a job, nor is it a set in stone responsibility to anyone on the team. We help out if and when we can. And as I've said above, we all work hard to make sure the website stays usable. Either on the forums or in chat. There is a lot of crap to sort through. If for example, you had any idea of the amount of spam bots we are fighting at the moment, you may appreciate why this, as something we can't fix, and have addressed as best we can, isn't a priority.

I agree. There is nothing left to discuss here.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
janine
Explorer
Explorer

Post by janine »

Banquo wrote:I don't see the need to sticky this, the problem has been noted, and the admins will be aware of it when they log on.
The admins were not the reason I suggested this. As I said, I had contact with this problem when I forgot my password. It would have saved me about an hour of searching through spam-folders and retrying and about a week of waiting for a response for my contact-form request if there would have been an announcement of "hey, one of the core services of this website is not operational". And yes, I checked the forum and looked in the tech corner and looked for anything officially-looking that could have caused my problem. In my opinion, things like that are exactly what stickies are for.
That I am here now is just the result of two coincidences: 1) I found my password again and 2) that I accidentally stumbled over this thread. Btw: This is the second account already that I use, because I lost the password to my old one, too :whistle:
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

janine wrote:
Banquo wrote:I don't see the need to sticky this, the problem has been noted, and the admins will be aware of it when they log on.
The admins were not the reason I suggested this. As I said, I had contact with this problem when I forgot my password. It would have saved me about an hour of searching through spam-folders and retrying and about a week of waiting for a response for my contact-form request if there would have been an announcement of "hey, one of the core services of this website is not operational". And yes, I checked the forum and looked in the tech corner and looked for anything officially-looking that could have caused my problem. In my opinion, things like that are exactly what stickies are for.
That I am here now is just the result of two coincidences: 1) I found my password again and 2) that I accidentally stumbled over this thread. Btw: This is the second account already that I use, because I lost the password to my old one, too :whistle:
I see your point now. Consider it done :-)

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

Banquo wrote:

I've worked with, and managed volunteers my entire working life. I'm well aware of what's expected from someone when they give their time for free. This isn't a job, nor is it a set in stone responsibility to anyone on the team. We help out if and when we can. And as I've said above, we all work hard to make sure the website stays usable. Either on the forums or in chat. There is a lot of crap to sort through. If for example, you had any idea of the amount of spam bots we are fighting at the moment, you may appreciate why this, as something we can't fix, and have addressed as best we can, isn't a priority.

i'm confused: you say " you may appreciate why this, as something we can't fix, and have addressed as best we can, isn't a priority. "

so are you giving an answer? you can speak to this?

that's all i'm asking for a response; why didn't you just say that above?

so it won't be fixed, got it; you should just remove the functionality or put something up saying it's not supported; would save a lot of trouble

ps - re your earlier post "Thanks, I had noticed this too. It's something one of our site admins (Red Dudes) will have to fix. " - that was BEFORE it was working again, so nobody had a way of knowing that comment applied to NOW; it was working AFTER you posted that and STOPPED working again later, so that comment has no apparent relevance

also, i didn't know your comment came from any authority/knowledge; i thought you were just randomly commenting like others here; i don't see any distinction by your name, nor is your comment that "one of our site admins will have to fix" mean anything to me other than what i knew before you typed that
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

servufon wrote:
Banquo wrote:

i'm confused: you say " you may appreciate why this, as something we can't fix, and have addressed as best we can, isn't a priority. "

so are you giving an answer? you can speak to this?

that's all i'm asking for a response; why didn't you just say that above?

so it won't be fixed, got it; you should just remove the functionality or put something up saying it's not supported; would save a lot of trouble

ps - re your earlier post "Thanks, I had noticed this too. It's something one of our site admins (Red Dudes) will have to fix. " - that was BEFORE it was working again, so nobody had a way of knowing that comment applied to NOW; it was working AFTER you posted that and STOPPED working again later, so that comment has no apparent relevance

also, i didn't know your comment came from any authority/knowledge; i thought you were just randomly commenting like others here; i don't see any distinction by your name, nor is your comment that "one of our site admins will have to fix" mean anything to me other than what i knew before you typed that
The green colour in my name signifies me as a forum mod. We keep the place free of spam and sort out rascals. The red dudes, the do all the technical stuff.

I'm going to say this one last time, so please attend carefully. The email system is not currently functioning, therefore there is no way to tell, our incredibly busy site owner (One of the red dudes) that we have any issues. As such he hasn't been on to fix it.

Eventually he will check in on us, and I assume, he will press some buttons and fix it. Until then, the status quo shall remain.

As I have said above, there is nothing left to discuss here, so unless a new problem arises with emails, then there's no need to post again.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

Banquo wrote:
servufon wrote: The green colour in my name signifies me as a forum mod. We keep the place free of spam and sort out rascals. The red dudes, the do all the technical stuff.

I'm going to say this one last time, so please attend carefully. The email system is not currently functioning, therefore there is no way to tell, our incredibly busy site owner (One of the red dudes) that we have any issues. As such he hasn't been on to fix it.

Eventually he will check in on us, and I assume, he will press some buttons and fix it. Until then, the status quo shall remain.

As I have said above, there is nothing left to discuss here, so unless a new problem arises with emails, then there's no need to post again.
You don't need to take the tone; I didn't know that you were a forum mod until literally this post so there very much was something to discuss, and you didn't need to repeat things, I asked you a question which you answered, and I thank you for explaining that. Had I known this before, a lot of our communication wouldn't have happened. I didn't know the meaning of green, and anyway many people are color-blind; might be useful to put in as a title.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Re: Tech Support - Email Issues

Post by Banquo »

servufon wrote:So for any 3rd parties and to recap the history in case anybody cares...

Sometime in 2014 or January 2015, the email notification system ceased functioning. It functioned later, after January and prior to November sometime, when I noticed the problem.

On November 17 I post the problem seems to have recurred. No response. November 20th I bump and "hope" it is "not obnoxious." No response. November 25, one other poster, nicole, posts they are also having this issue. But nobody responds, so perhaps it's just nicole and I at that point? Impossible to say. Still no response, so post on 13 January. No response. Try something provocative on 21 January just to see if anyone even reads anything, apparently not. And then it goes until March 11 when I specifically complain. Then a forum mod comes on to respond, thankfully, though I didn't realize the person was a forum mod and hence confusion. So after 5 months we learn this is a recognized issue and too low a priority to fix. We also find out i it should be considered the standard service here for nobody from the site to answer queries for several months at a time, they are simply that understaffed.

An idea for anyone who has authority to do so, perhaps a sticky should be placed at the top of the Technical Support forum to indicate that many queries won't be answered at all, perhaps indicating what kinds of issues are of concern (if any; it's perfectly understandable if the site is entirely run as "if it works, great, if not, don't say anything"). That would help avoid a lot of issues.
Do you know what, I've tried to be polite, I've tried to explain things in simple easy to understand terms, that perhaps a child could understand. But no, you continue to act like a pompous, self entitled ass, who clearly doesn't appreciate the ongoing work being done to keep this website usable. Frankly it doesn't matter if you knew I was a mod or not, someone was coming in here and giving you information about why a problem wasn't being fixed. So let's get some things straight shall we...

1. The emails are not a "low priority" nobody said that.
2. They WILL be fixed when someone who is able to do so is able to.
3. This and the reasons for it have been explained to you NUMEROUS times.
4. No one has asked people not to report issues.

Please do not continue to twist and obsfucate the facts of the matter simply because you are not getting the answers that you want to hear.

Milovania appreciates all of our users and the contributions they make to the site, in return a safe and fun environment is provided for everyone to explore their fetishes and sexual fantasies however they like. Yes the site has its quirks, and yes things break down occasionally, but we get by best we can. It's a free site, no one is charging you for anything, no one is selling you anything. We have minimal advertising, which is pretty unique in the adult industry. We also have a very small team of volunteers who are currently overrun with spam and scammers. This takes up a huge amount of our time. In the last week alone, I would estimate that I have deleted over 500 forum posts and banned around 250 spam bots and scam artists. There is no quick way of doing this, each post is deleted one by one, each rogue user and dodgy IP address is eliminated one by one. More spam attacks occur every day, and every night. The first thing I do when I log on to milo? Delete spam. Lots of spam. This helps keep the community safe and the forums usable. I don't get paid for this, I simply do it, why? because I want milovania to remain the fun vibrant community that it is.

So be patient. God knows we are.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Magikk
Chat Moderator

Post by Magikk »

To all who have posted... To sum up..

We are aware of the problem. Those that can fix it have not been reachable for a variety of reasons that in the end dont matter. Here's what you can do..

Please enjoy the forums.

Please enjoy chat with a respectful attitude.

Please enjoy the webteases. Most are made with great detail and effort.

All of the above cost nothing so enjoy them as much as you like.
Feel free as you do the above things to occasionally click on your messages button to see if you have any new ones. It takes all of 20 seconds.

Remember to thank those that ARE so diligent in protecting chat, overseeing the forums and having the thankless task or removing the countless spammers, and those that post webteases if you like them.

The email issue has been raised and noted. Any further discussion is simply unhelpful complaints and may be filed in the box to the... Oh yeah, we threw that out with the last bunch of complaints.

No response required. This thread can peacefully exist now without any provoking or antagonizing.

Thank you all. And especially to Banquo for on a daily basis cleaning up the forums, dealing with scams, and taking deep breaths when needed. You are the wind beneath my wings. Oh wait.. That may have gone too far.

Peace to all.
MAGIC IS AROUND
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

Apparently I've been grossly misunderstood as I have grossly miscommunicated. I was only trying to help. I apologize to all concerned. Thank you for clarifying the situation and respective roles.
Someonelisten
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Someonelisten »

Don't want to bring in a large influx of comments to this thread, but I noticed one of the red dudes was on in April. I know after I saw that I attempted the password recovery and it still wasn't working. A PM has probably already been sent to the site owners regarding this. My point is I'm not sure if the forum mods can maybe send some priority PM or something. Probably already been done, but was just wondering.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

We've already tried all forms of communication available to us. :-(

My Webteases
Chastity Captions