Tech Support - Email Issues

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
taylordawn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Tech Support - Email Issues

Post by taylordawn »

For some reason I have randomly stopped getting topic and private message notifications. They aren't going to spam as I checked that.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Re: email notification

Post by Banquo »

Thanks, I had noticed this too. It's something one of our site admins (Red Dudes) will have to fix.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
taylordawn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by taylordawn »

if it helps i have a gmail account.
candriver
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by candriver »

I had noticed this too, no notifications for about 5 days now :-(

- Dorothy does whatever Miss Linda wants :blush: -
FlashTease to TeaseMe conversions.
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

i'm seeing this issue again; i tried turning email notifications off and on, but it didn't help

not aware of anything i've changed that could have caused it (fairly sure i didn't touch my milovana account beforehand)

on yahoo fyi
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

been a few days, hope this bump is not obnoxious
nicole
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Slave
Sub/Slave(s): amy

Post by nicole »

Noticed this as well. i have gmail.
O.O wtf? what happened?
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

bump
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

still the same, fyi
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

hello, still same; (edited out scurrilous test of whether admins pay a whit of attention, test accomplished)
Last edited by servufon on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

i know the admins are understaffed but the lack of ANY response, even a "too bad, just give up" is simply ridiculous
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

servufon wrote:i know the admins are understaffed but the lack of ANY response, even a "too bad, just give up" is simply ridiculous
I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with this kind of attitude. The fact that the email system is broken has been noted. As I've already said in this very thread, a red dude will need to deal with it. They aren't ignoring you out of spite, they simply haven't been online. Considering the email notification system is broken, it's highly likely they don't even know there is a problem. It will get fixed, when it gets fixed, until then just enjoy the parts of the site that continue to work.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
janine
Explorer
Explorer

Post by janine »

Ah. That explains why the "I forgot my password"-Button didn't work and neither the "Contact the board administrators". :slap:
So the mail system is broken for over a year now? Or was it fixed and broke again?
Banquo wrote:Considering the email notification system is broken, it's highly likely they don't even know there is a problem.
I don't know anything about the mod<->admin communication. Does this also go via this board and is broken, too? If yes, has anyone tried to write to the admin-mail that is present in the whois?
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

janine wrote:Ah. That explains why the "I forgot my password"-Button didn't work and neither the "Contact the board administrators". :slap:
So the mail system is broken for over a year now? Or was it fixed and broke again?
Banquo wrote:Considering the email notification system is broken, it's highly likely they don't even know there is a problem.
I don't know anything about the mod<->admin communication. Does this also go via this board and is broken, too? If yes, has anyone tried to write to the admin-mail that is present in the whois?
The system was fixed at some point last year, only to break again shortly before Christmas. All current avenues of contact with the site owner have been explored.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
servufon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by servufon »

Banquo wrote:
servufon wrote:i know the admins are understaffed but the lack of ANY response, even a "too bad, just give up" is simply ridiculous
I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with this kind of attitude. The fact that the email system is broken has been noted. As I've already said in this very thread, a red dude will need to deal with it. They aren't ignoring you out of spite, they simply haven't been online. Considering the email notification system is broken, it's highly likely they don't even know there is a problem. It will get fixed, when it gets fixed, until then just enjoy the parts of the site that continue to work.
i'm expressing my dissatisfaction at the lack of even a shred of response; i understand saying "we can't fix the problem for now" or "we won't fix the problem, too bad"

"they simply haven't been online" is even more ridiculous than not responding

i didn't suggest they were ignoring anyone out of spite; i have no idea what is the cause, but there is no excuse for zero response