Glitch deleted my tease.

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Glitch deleted my tease.

Post by Shattered »

Hey, just want to make a note of this. Luckily I had a recent backup, so I only lost about 10-15 pages, but if I hadn't...losing 500 pages would be the worst!

I just tried to save my tease, I got a message about something not responding and would I like to wait. I did, then it looked ok, I clicked save again and instead it made the current page start# and deleted the rest and then saved.

So I managed to avoid my own disaster luckily, but yeah - backup your teases!
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Glitch deleted my tease.

Post by seraph0x »

Woah. I'm sorry! Glad you had that backup!

I'm thinking about ways to prevent this in the future. Maybe we could detect this case somehow - if the client tries to save a tease that is more than 30% shorter than the current version, maybe it should trigger a permanent backup - or something like that.

Gotta come up with something that doesn't create a million backups and take down the site though. ;-)
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by dragoul »

I think the underlying problem causing this is that the session may get invalid when only being in nyx (and thus causing the attempt to save to fail). I think atm. you have to regularly perform any kind of action (like clicking an internatl link, reloading a page) on the regular milovana site to keep the session alive.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

So the plot thickens... This time I uploaded some images, then went to add one to a new page and when I saved... it crashed a bit, then loaded a version of my tease with 50 less pages and saved it. I had saved before this and loaded nyx anew, so my 552 pages version had gone through, then it...reverted it? I had the full 552 page backup so I didn't lose anything, but an even more odd glitch.

And the images still uploaded.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

The last time I developed a tease in nyx I noticed similar problems.
The bigger the tease gets the greater is the chance something goes wrong and you lose some of your work. Backing up your work regularly is one way to avoid data loss, but the only thing I can recommend is to develop your teases offline. Especially if you are working on a big and complex tease (500 pages surely is a big tease).

I can recommend philo's offline editor: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10941&hilit=philo+editor#p145739
In my opinion it's much faster and more comfortable to edit a tease offline via the editor and the chance of data loss is literally zero. The offline editor is for creating xml based teases for teasme but offers the option to generate a nyx script.
If you plan to publish your tease on milovana you should keep that in mind during development and avoid the more powerful but teaseme exclusive features (these options are normally marked red).
Cock Hero - Overwatch 3 is out! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22817
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Venus wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:11 pm The last time I developed a tease in nyx I noticed similar problems.
The bigger the tease gets the greater is the chance something goes wrong and you lose some of your work. Backing up your work regularly is one way to avoid data loss, but the only thing I can recommend is to develop your teases offline. Especially if you are working on a big and complex tease (500 pages surely is a big tease).

I can recommend philo's offline editor: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10941&hilit=philo+editor#p145739
In my opinion it's much faster and more comfortable to edit a tease offline via the editor and the chance of data loss is literally zero. The offline editor is for creating xml based teases for teasme but offers the option to generate a nyx script.
If you plan to publish your tease on milovana you should keep that in mind during development and avoid the more powerful but teaseme exclusive features (these options are normally marked red).
I do plan to do my next one in the editor after this experience yeah. But I don't think you can turn what is now nearly 700 pages of milovana script into the editor?
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

The only way I can think of is to publish your tease then download it with TeaseMe and unpublish it again.
Cock Hero - Overwatch 3 is out! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22817