[Proof of concept][v0.0.6 (4.6.2019)][GuideMe] Ravelli's Revange

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[Proof of concept][v0.0.6 (4.6.2019)][GuideMe] Ravelli's Revange

Post by Pseudonym »

Hi all,

for past couple of weeks I‘ve been learning javascript and working on open sequel to my old tease - Ravelli's Coruption.

So far I have very basic proof of concept to show off the core idea behind my new game. It’s very
incomplete, work in progress and there is no story yet.

The reason I decided to share this early version is to make sure I’m on the right track when it comes
to coding, design and to see if there is interest in this type of tease and to hopefully gain some new
ideas and inspiration from you.

Basic description:
It should be multi day tease. Very randomized, replayable and rogue-like.

Setting:
Fantasy world – I was always interested in teases with this theme, but my problem was
that they always use images that don’t fit the setting. That’s one of the main reasons I started
working on Ravelli's Coruption and now on this sequel.
Since sticking to the setting greatly reduces potential images that I can work with, I’ll be very glad for
any image suggestions. Feel free to share a link if you find some fitting image or set.

Design:
Thanks to javascript I can go for more RPG style of gameplay with randomly generated encounters.
Since these will be large part of the game, I really want to make them as fun and as re-playable as
possible so please share your suggestions on what would you like to see.
This tease will also include variables that are classic part of RPG games - like gold, XP, stamina, honor,
corruption… I’m still trying to figure out how to best incorporate these RPG elements to tease format
so I’m open to your thoughts.

Coding:
I’m noob when it comes to programing so I’ll be glad for any tips on how to improve my code.

And my last question is:
What would you like to see in fantasy RPG style tease? I’m very early in the development
process so I’m looking for new ideas.

Version 0.0.6 (4.6.2019) changes and additions:
Spoiler: show
- switch to GuideMe 0.3.8 version
- challenges have been improved and implemented into the game
- chance to show teasing text during encounters and challenges increased from 40% to 70%
- stamina now replenishes over time
- new ways to gain and spend gold (work in tavern and potions of vitality in alchymist shop)
- 1 new nymph with 2 images sets
- previously missing text in arrays of some of the nymphs is now filled
- cca 25 new text lines in encounters
- cca 40 new text lines in challenges
Plans for next versions:
Spoiler: show
- new ways to get and spend gold
- new types of challenges
- more teasing text
- new nymphs
- randomize and personalize intro and outro in challenges
- add character button to multiple areas

Download link for the latest version:
https://mega.nz/#!8NM1HQDC!VTQW_afuBip6 ... AMdHrhxXe4
This tease is written for GuideMe 0.3.8
Last edited by Pseudonym on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 26 times in total.
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/tbQxJ22
My latest release: Cock Hero - Replay viewtopic.php?t=24640
All my work so far: https://mega.nz/folder/sdcHmQzT#PZ4ctIZsoGp4N7zuDmIh_Q
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [Proof of concept][GuideMe] Ravelli's Revange

Post by bobhill »

That's a nice start, thanks for posting! :wave: I really enjoyed the first Ravelli tease!

I'm also working on a large project with XP and Stamina and it's challenging as every player will have different stamina, for example. (Mine is not a Medieval world, so no overlap).

My game uses a combination of GM pages for short encounters and the GM Script engine for more elaborate encounters. If you haven't used the GM script engine, you should take a look as it allows you to quickly create complex scripts that can have multiple paths on first vs. return visits, user inputs, etc.

I'm not ready to post a beta, but hope to get to a fully working intro version in the next couple months. It's challenging to find the time to work on both the game engine and content. Even finding setting images and just the right model set for a main character seems like it can take forever!

Good luck and can't wait to see your work!! :yes:
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

bobhill wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:11 pm That's a nice start, thanks for posting! :wave: I really enjoyed the first Ravelli tease!

I'm also working on a large project with XP and Stamina and it's challenging as every player will have different stamina, for example. (Mine is not a Medieval world, so no overlap).

My game uses a combination of GM pages for short encounters and the GM Script engine for more elaborate encounters. If you haven't used the GM script engine, you should take a look as it allows you to quickly create complex scripts that can have multiple paths on first vs. return visits, user inputs, etc.

I'm not ready to post a beta, but hope to get to a fully working intro version in the next couple months. It's challenging to find the time to work on both the game engine and content. Even finding setting images and just the right model set for a main character seems like it can take forever!

Good luck and can't wait to see your work!! :yes:
Thanks for your kind words.
Desertfox also suggested using script engine to me. I've tryed to get it to work some time ago but it went way over my head. I guess it must be really usefull so I'll give it another try later.

And you are right, making these things is pretty time consuming, but it's so satisfying when the code sometimes starts to work as intended. :lol: Good luck with your tease.
Molito
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Molito »

Hey Pseudonym, I really enjoyed your tease so far. Here are a few of my ideas:

Extend the stamina system:
- Fleeing should cost stamina and should only be a chance and not a guarantee. Every encounter type should have a different base chance for successfully fleeing from the encounter (Nymph 50%, Succubus 25% etc.)
- Let the player spend an additional stamina to extend a session if they found a character that they really like

Maybe introduce a basic "mood" or "affection" stat for the encounters.
Mood /Affectiont:
- Dislikes you: more cruel text and tasks
- Normal: normal text and tasks
- Likes you: more friendly and caring text, gives you choices on tasks like stroke 50 times or edge one time

Trying to flee could affect this negatively while staying could affect this positively.
Obviously you could also implement some encounters that are cruel by nature and take pleasure in you squirming and trying to flee or they simply do not care and think that you are wasting their time by staying so the effects could be reversed (is cruel if she likes you and/or dislikes you staying).

Gold:
- Let the player earn a randomized amount of gold after each encounter (I.e. between 1 and 5 gold per encounter)
- Add shops that sell items
-> certain money sink items as barriers to progress the story (climbing equipment for 30 gold to climb over a mountain)
-> One time use lures for certain encounter types that increase your chance for those encounters for a set amount of time
-> One time use blockers for certain encounter types that decrease your chance for those encounters for a set amount of time
-> One time use escape items for certain encounter types that grant you a 100% chance of fleeing
-> Stamina potions in different sizes that regenerate stamina (small could grant 2 stamina, medium 4 and large 6)

Where there is XP there should be levelups and levelups should grant skillpoints.
Skillpoint usage:
- Increase your stamina so you can go on more expeditions etc.
- "Escape artist" skills for different encounter types. These would increase your chance to flee.
For example: "Nymph escaper" - increases your chance to successfully flee from a Nymph encounter by 50% of base value.
So it would be 50+50*0.5=75%, maybe make this skill have two levels so it is a guranteed success after you´ve spend 2 skillpoints.
- "Charm" skills for different encounter types. These would prevent the mood of certain encounters to drop below normal.
For example: "Nymph charmer" - Nymphs can´t resist you, their mood will never fall below normal
- "Stamina Potion Expert" skill that increases the effectiveness of stamina potions by 33% per skillpoint spent up to 100%.
- "Lure Expert" skill that increases the duration of lures by 33% per skillpoint spent up to 100%.
- "Blocker Expert" skill that increases the duration of blockers by 33% per skillpoint spent up to 100%.
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

Molito wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:14 pm Extend the stamina system:
- Fleeing should cost stamina and should only be a chance and not a guarantee. Every encounter type should have a different base chance for successfully fleeing from the encounter (Nymph 50%, Succubus 25% etc.)
- Let the player spend an additional stamina to extend a session if they found a character that they really like
Fleeing is now "punished" by not getting experience and erotic energy. When you flee you basically waste 1 stamina.

I was thinking about having chance to successfully flee from encounter, but I don't want to force the player to stay with the nymph that he minght not like. I think I'll have some types of encounters from which you are not going to be able to flee in the future, but these will probably have randomized images of different ladies.
Molito wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:14 pm Maybe introduce a basic "mood" or "affection" stat for the encounters.
Mood /Affectiont:
- Dislikes you: more cruel text and tasks
- Normal: normal text and tasks
- Likes you: more friendly and caring text, gives you choices on tasks like stroke 50 times or edge one time

Trying to flee could affect this negatively while staying could affect this positively.
Obviously you could also implement some encounters that are cruel by nature and take pleasure in you squirming and trying to flee or they simply do not care and think that you are wasting their time by staying so the effects could be reversed (is cruel if she likes you and/or dislikes you staying).
Interesting idea, I think I'll go with more personalized text approach. I've made some iprovements in this area in my latest version, but there is still a big room for improvement. I'm interested in what you think about the new changes.

Molito wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:14 pm Gold:
- Let the player earn a randomized amount of gold after each encounter (I.e. between 1 and 5 gold per encounter)
- Add shops that sell items
-> certain money sink items as barriers to progress the story (climbing equipment for 30 gold to climb over a mountain)
-> One time use lures for certain encounter types that increase your chance for those encounters for a set amount of time
-> One time use blockers for certain encounter types that decrease your chance for those encounters for a set amount of time
-> One time use escape items for certain encounter types that grant you a 100% chance of fleeing
-> Stamina potions in different sizes that regenerate stamina (small could grant 2 stamina, medium 4 and large 6)
Lot of what you mentioned here is in the plan. I'm not sure if encounters should give you gold since it doesn't make sense thematicaly. I'll try to come up with different ways to get gold like completing quest etc.

The idea of lures is great! I really like it and I'll think more about how to implement it in the future when it will make more sense. Thanks!
Molito wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:14 pm Where there is XP there should be levelups and levelups should grant skillpoints.
Skillpoint usage:
- Increase your stamina so you can go on more expeditions etc.
- "Escape artist" skills for different encounter types. These would increase your chance to flee.
For example: "Nymph escaper" - increases your chance to successfully flee from a Nymph encounter by 50% of base value.
So it would be 50+50*0.5=75%, maybe make this skill have two levels so it is a guranteed success after you´ve spend 2 skillpoints.
- "Charm" skills for different encounter types. These would prevent the mood of certain encounters to drop below normal.
For example: "Nymph charmer" - Nymphs can´t resist you, their mood will never fall below normal
- "Stamina Potion Expert" skill that increases the effectiveness of stamina potions by 33% per skillpoint spent up to 100%.
- "Lure Expert" skill that increases the duration of lures by 33% per skillpoint spent up to 100%.
- "Blocker Expert" skill that increases the duration of blockers by 33% per skillpoint spent up to 100%.
I've finally managed to code leveling into my latest version so I'm making slow progress towards skillpoints. The stamina increase is the first thing that comes to mind. Improving chances to find certain things on expedition seems like a good idea. As I'll expand the game I'll see what skills would make sense.

Thanks for your feedback and inspiration Molito. I really appreciate it!
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Proof of concept][v0.0.5 (26.5.2019)][GuideMe] Ravelli's Revange

Post by Pseudonym »

So probably the biggest change in patch 0.0.5 is introduction of "challenges". You can test them out by starting the tease => workshop => test challenge. I have to say that I'm not very satysfied with the way it turned out. I think I'll leave prolonged and multiple edging to different type of encounters later in the game.

What I'm currently thinking about is to change challenges to simply: "Try to stroke fast as long as possible" or "Try to get to the edge as fast as possible" and then get appropriate amount of XP based on the time. I'll try to implement it in the next version and we will se if it can work and if it's fun and challenging.
Molito
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Molito »

I tested the new version and I found a view bugs:
Nelly is missing the first time intro text and Anna-Leah seems to be missing first and consecutive time intro texts. It only shows "vNymphTeaseText"

I like the personalization approach of the encounters. It´s a good foundation to build uppon. But for my taste the tease text appearances are currently too few during the normal expeditions. So it´s hard to distinguish between basic text and customized text. I often have 4-5 slides in a row without text which makes it a bit boring. Maybe up the chance a bit? Also Its a bit awkward when the instructions change and there is no text, especially when it´s "stop". A guaranteed text everytime the instructions change?

What is the plan for the challenges? The current one is Edge holding and I liked it. It added a bit of variety to the stroking for the Nymphs. I´d say don´t limit encounter types to only one set of instructions but make it so that each encounter type as a prefered set and a small chance for other stuff to spice it up a bit.

Some ideas for encounter preferences:
Nymphs prefer stroking
Elves prefer edging
Succubus prefer edge holding

Additional leveling ideas:
Most RPGs have a system were enemys that have a higher level than you tend to be more difficult but grant more XP and lower level enemies are easier but grant less XP.
You could implement a system in which your encounters have levels and for every level that an enemy is above you there is a 0.2 increase in instructions and XP gain (increased stroke count or time, increased edge holding time, reduction in time to reach an edge).
For every level that an enemy is below you you could reduce the instructions and XP gain by 0.1 (reduced stroke count or stroke time, reduced edge holding time, increased time to reach an edge) but this should be caped at 5 levels below you (0.5 modifier) so that it does not get totaly trivial.

The only thing that I don´t know is how this fits into the bigger picture with the personalization.
You could do different areas with different level ranges and different encounter sets. But this way the player might not get to play with his favourite character after he leaves the area.
An alternate solution to this would be to bring the encounters along and level them to an appropriate level range. But unlocking them requires you to get to a specific area (Nnymphs after you visit the forest, Elves after you´ve visited the mountains etc.)

You could also introduce a shrine inside the city where the player could receive a blessing (or remove it) to disable level advantages and disadvantages (or reenable them)

Currencies
What is your current plan with the currencys?
XP -> for leveling
Gold -> to purchase stuff
Erotic energy -> ???
Maybe one could "donate" the sexual energy to the church inside a town and receive gold in return?
This way it´s not totaly awkward and the encounters still give you an income.
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

Molito wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 pm I tested the new version and I found a view bugs:
Nelly is missing the first time intro text and Anna-Leah seems to be missing first and consecutive time intro texts. It only shows "vNymphTeaseText"
You are right, I forgot to fill in their text arrays. I’ll fix it in the next patch.
Molito wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 pm I like the personalization approach of the encounters. It´s a good foundation to build uppon. But for my taste the tease text appearances are currently too few during the normal expeditions. So it´s hard to distinguish between basic text and customized text. I often have 4-5 slides in a row without text which makes it a bit boring. Maybe up the chance a bit? Also Its a bit awkward when the instructions change and there is no text, especially when it´s "stop". A guaranteed text everytime the instructions change?
I agree. Right now, there is 40% chance to show text in encounters. I’ve set the chance pretty low
because I didn’t have enough text and I didn’t want it to repeat all the time.
I’ll add more text and increase the chance to let’s say 70% in the next release and we will see if it'll fix the issues.
Now all I need is a small army of writers to create hundreds of lines of new text for me. :D
Molito wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 pm What is the plan for the challenges? The current one is Edge holding and I liked it. It added a bit of variety to the stroking for the Nymphs.
The plan is that after finding a nymph there will be let’s say 60% chance for it to be „encounter“ and
40% chance for it to be „challenge“. I think that addition of challenges makes sense lore-wise and
goes well along with the playful nature of nymphs.

Right now, I’m thinking about two types of challenges:
1) Get to the edge as fast as possible
2) Keep stroking fast as long as possible

If you finish the challenge, you will get appropriate reward based on your time (probably bigger
reward than in „encounters“). If you exceed the time limit, you will fail the challenge and there will
be no reward.
So far it’s just an idea. I’ll try to implement it in the next version. We will see if it can work.

The reason that I don’t like current version of challenges is because I’ve always hated when teases
want you to go from zero to edge in very short amount of time. The problem is that I want the
encounters and challenges to take around 5 minutes. In order to fit multiple edges the current
version of challenge has only 2 minutes limit for you to get to the first edge.

My solution would be to extend the limit to roughly 5 minutes and make it the whole point of the
challenge. You can do it much faster than 5 minutes? Great, you’ll get better reward.
Again, I think it will make more sense to leave repeated edging and holding the edge to different and
longer type of encounters that will have some buildup and bigger image sets.

Molito wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 pm I´d say don´t limit encounter types to only one set of instructions but make it so that each encounter type as a prefered set and a small chance for other stuff to spice it up a bit.
That’s a really nice idea. First I’ll probably try to get both encounters and challenges to the point
where they feel solid. I can definitely add some variations later to spice things up. Meanwhile, can
you elaborate more on what exactly could these variations be?
Molito wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 pm Some ideas for encounter preferences:
Nymphs prefer stroking
Elves prefer edging
Succubus prefer edge holding
Sounds good, the only problem is that there are not enough images let alone whole sets of images
with elves, succubi and so on… I’ll probably use the few that I found as unique events.
But the preferences that you’ve proposed might be used for some lore purposes later.
Molito wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 pm Additional leveling ideas:
Most RPGs have a system were enemys that have a higher level than you tend to be more difficult but grant more XP and lower level enemies are easier but grant less XP.
You could implement a system in which your encounters have levels and for every level that an enemy is above you there is a 0.2 increase in instructions and XP gain (increased stroke count or time, increased edge holding time, reduction in time to reach an edge).
For every level that an enemy is below you you could reduce the instructions and XP gain by 0.1 (reduced stroke count or stroke time, reduced edge holding time, increased time to reach an edge) but this should be caped at 5 levels below you (0.5 modifier) so that it does not get totaly trivial.

The only thing that I don´t know is how this fits into the bigger picture with the personalization.
You could do different areas with different level ranges and different encounter sets. But this way the player might not get to play with his favourite character after he leaves the area.
An alternate solution to this would be to bring the encounters along and level them to an appropriate level range. But unlocking them requires you to get to a specific area (Nnymphs after you visit the forest, Elves after you´ve visited the mountains etc.)
Yes, I was thinking about adding levels and you yourself mentioned the reason I’ll probably not do it.
I want to have multiple areas that can be unlocked later in the game and to be explored, but I
don’t want to make the old ones unattractive just because of lower levels and therefore lower
rewards. Levels make sense in RPG games for many reasons, but I don’t think it would work well here.

Now, I agree that things should get more difficult as time goes on and there needs to be some
progression. One of the solutions could be new and harder content that opens up after reaching
certain level – but there is still a long way to get to that point. I need to focus on things at hand now.

One idea that I’m playing around in my mind now is to instead of levels use erotic energy as a modifficator of difficulty and
length of encounters. This way it would make the game more and more difficult while you are trying
to max out your erotic energy points, but at the same time, you would be able to choose the area that you want
to explore.
It might even make sense and could be explained lore-wise. The more erotic energy you gain, the more eager
are the magical beings in the wilderness to leach on that energy.
Molito wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 pm Currencies
What is your current plan with the currencys?
XP -> for leveling
Gold -> to purchase stuff
Erotic energy -> ???
XP – Leveling and acquiring skill points which can be used to customize your playstyle.

Gold – Yes, to purchase stuff. The question is what kind of stuff. We will see…

Erotic energy – The whole purpose of this tease is T&D so the idea behind "EE" points is to have resource that
roughly corresponds with player’s horniness level and compels him to keep denying himself. When
player fails and cums, he will lose let’s say 50 points. If he ruins his orgasm than it might be -25 points. At the
moment I’m thinking about 100 points cap.
Later it could be used as a barrier to progression (you need to have x amount of EE to do this or that)
and it could be used as difficulty modifier as I’ve explained earlier in my post.
Molito wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 pm Maybe one could "donate" the sexual energy to the church inside a town and receive gold in return?
This way it´s not totaly awkward and the encounters still give you an income.
Yes, something like that could work. I’ll keep this one in my mind.

Thanks for your ideas. Our exchange was very helpful and productive so far. I have so many new ideas now... :wave:
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Proof of concept][v0.0.6 (4.6.2019)][GuideMe] Ravelli's Revange

Post by Pseudonym »

New version 0.0.6 is out!

I've updated the first post with download link and list of changes.

I've finally figured out how to switch to version 0.3.8 GuideMe. So from now it's not going to work on the old 0.3.4 version. Sadly it didn't fixed the memory leak issue. But if you close and open the GuideMe every day you play, it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Here is download link for the latest GuideMe if you don't have it already: https://mega.nz/#!RNJGhSJR!9GQX8b9t4xgA ... qtZO6P5NQQ

Stamina:
Now it replenishes! I've set it to 5 per day for now. It gave me a little headache while coding it but it should work. I've tested it and haven't noticed any bugs yet. Please let me know if you find some strange behaviour.
I've also finally mostly got rid of these pesky decimal places. I do it by creating new "display" variables and using .toFixed(0).
I wonder if there is easier way...

Challenges:
Based on positive feedback from Molito I've gave challenges another try and came to conclusion that they are not that bad.
To further improve them, I increased time limit to get to the first edge from 3 minutes to 3,5 and for subsequent edges from 1 minute to 1,5. The other thing I did was randomized the number of required edges (2 - 5) and also randomized the chance to hold the edge (20%). I think it gives challenges little bit of extra variety.
Lastly I've implemented them into game so now after you find nymph that you've already seen, there is 50-50 chance for it to be either encounter or challenge.

Work in tavern:
You can gain 30 gold after working for 8 hours in the tavern. I think I'll add cost of 1 stamina in the future so it's more interesting and there is a small decision that you'll have to make. I'll also probably limit it so you can work only once per day.
I'm open to new ideas since I feel that there is a room for further improvement. I want it to function as one of the options that you can make after you are finished with your daily tasks. The other one could be simply to go to sleep which would regenerate you extra stamina.

Potions of stamina
Now you can buy potions of stamina at the alchymist store. You can consume them by going to character => iventory. This way you can save up some stamina on days when you will have more time to play.
One thing that I'll do in the next release is to add character button to multiple areas so you don't have to always go to forest enterance.

The future:
I want to add more and more things that will encourage you to wait to the next day and keep you playing rather than resetting the tease over again.

I also want to start adding some first bits of story and short dialogs. I don't want this to be some story heavy tease and I want it to be as replayable as possible. It will require some more thinking and planning before I start to implement it.

The other idea that I'm playing around in my head is addition of bosses and dungeons, but this has still some time before it will make sense to add it to the game.

And lastly there should be option to "lose" which will cost you some of the erotic energy.

There is so much more that could be eventually added. Quests, skills, new and more interesting events... Feel free to share your ideas. I'm eager for new inspiration. I read every post. Multiple times. :lol:

Last words:
I really enjoy working on this tease and I've been adding little stuff here and there almost every day. So far I'm very motivated to keep improving the game and to add new stuff. It will take a lot of time, but I can't wait to get it to state where it is atleast rougly playable.
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

So yesterday I've decided after almost 5 years to replay my old Ravelli's Corruption tease and I've been shocked by how much different it was from what I remember it to be.

There were few things that I liked but overall I have to say it's pretty bad tease.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I acknowladge that the prequel wasn't very good. I'm not going to lie I'm still kind of stunned and shaken by how much oblivious to all the shortcomings of that tease I have been while working on it.

I'll try to learn from my mistakes and do better this time.
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

Hey I finally had a second to sit down and try to play for a little bit and get caught up on what you're going for. First off I disagree with you on ravali's being bad! I liked the teases a lot, I enjoyed the elf girl in the black in particular. I think because it moved the pictures a lot faster than most teases did. With so much video/vr/cock heros/audio files whatever out there I need a good reason to look at pictures, and still that's going to fail out for me.

Anyway, so on the new stuff, just had some stream of conscious thoughts I figured I'd throw out there.

First a little caveat on trying to do procedural. The big problem with us people is we pick out patterns really easily, we see the building blocks. So even if your procedural thing has 50 good sentences, we'll have seen those sentences before, so when they start getting reused, the brain marks it as reused. Same with random patterns, we can feel the type of randomness, it's easy to see when the tease is bouncing around vs an authored tease. That said that may be just fine too, just that it's really hard to make random not feel random.

I've tried a few times to write blocks of text to pick from and I'm not that creative. They always feel like forced, and the teases feel random. I think the best trade off ended up being some authored content mixed with random. So in a picture set you may do 20 pictures, but 5 of them say something in reference to the picture and the other 15 are random strings.

Another thing is you can break up the sentence strings. "I want you to [stroke] your [big] [cock]" You can then randomize the words in brackets. You can also limit what a nymph can pick from for personality.

So for example in the [big] array you have two wordlists [big, huge, enormous, giant, massive] and [small, tiny, pathetic, disgusting, ugly] and one nymph gets the positive one, the other gets the insulting array, giving them two distinct personalities without much work.

You can also just hard code a nymph to use a word as a stand in, like most nymphs use cock, but one or might always use 'dick' or another 'penis' which would again add a bit of personality for free.

I'd say look at your sentence strings you have now and those would be a pretty good template for just subbing out words/phrases in them. Still at some point they are always going to repeat so it's a bit of an endless chase to get really random.

Okay and onto the format of the game. I really like the concept of building the erotic energy to unlock further portions of the game/teases or whatever. I think you want to really dangle those in front of the player right off, show them where they can't go or put the barriers in front of them so there is a carrot driving you towards going into the woods.

When you go into the woods it would be nice to have some illusion of control for what you get rather than it feeling like you are spinning a wheel. However I think if/when you add other areas this feeling may go away somewhat. Maybe really the choice will be equipping items that will make teases easier/harder or attract certain nymphs. That also implies a lot of content work so maybe not the best option.

I can see it though as each area getting unlocked via erotic energy levels with harder/more intense teases, the idea being too if you lose the area gets locked up or the area is empty.

Alright that's a book and a half, hopefully something in there kicked off some ideas for you. Look forward to seeing what you come up with as usual!
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

desertfox wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am Hey I finally had a second to sit down and try to play for a little bit and get caught up on what you're going for. First off I disagree with you on ravali's being bad! I liked the teases a lot, I enjoyed the elf girl in the black in particular. I think because it moved the pictures a lot faster than most teases did.
Thanks, that was probably my favourite part too. I think one of the reasons I didn't liked it as much is because I had this memory about how good it was. So it was mostly just letdown.

The other reason is that if you don't do some very specific things the tease ends very abruptly.

desertfox wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am With so much video/vr/cock heros/audio files whatever out there I need a good reason to look at pictures, and still that's going to fail out for me.
I agree, that there is a lot of competition, but there are things in which teases excell. For instance I came to conclusion that it is pretty much impossible to have some meaningful narative or interaction in CH videos.

To make things more interesting, I plan to include some videos and maybe even erotic audio snippets if it's going to be technically possible and if it works well.

desertfox wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am First a little caveat on trying to do procedural. The big problem with us people is we pick out patterns really easily, we see the building blocks. So even if your procedural thing has 50 good sentences, we'll have seen those sentences before, so when they start getting reused, the brain marks it as reused. Same with random patterns, we can feel the type of randomness, it's easy to see when the tease is bouncing around vs an authored tease. That said that may be just fine too, just that it's really hard to make random not feel random.
This is my first attempt on doing procedural coding and I have to agree with you. I realized very early on that it's going to be nearly impossible to end up with result that feels like it was hand made. There is still a big room for improvement, but there are definately limits to what I can do with this approach. My hope is that eventually I can get it to the point where it might not feel entirely natural, but it's enough fun that the player doesn't really mind. We will se if it can be done.

The reason I went for procedural generated content is that I just can't create hundreds of hand made encounters and events. I think that's a problem that you've also encountered while working on your tease. The other plus is replayability and that even I can play it without getting bored super quickly and there are some surprises when things align just right.
Also I think this style suits me better since my english is not as good.
BTW I loved your writing in Random Mazes. From what I can tell it's very high quality.

I know that you are not fan of procedural teases so changing your mind would be the ultimate victory. :lol:
desertfox wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am I've tried a few times to write blocks of text to pick from and I'm not that creative. They always feel like forced, and the teases feel random. I think the best trade off ended up being some authored content mixed with random. So in a picture set you may do 20 pictures, but 5 of them say something in reference to the picture and the other 15 are random strings.
That's a nice idea. I think I'll continue my procedural approach for now, make sure it's good enough on it's own and then sprinkle some hand made stuff on top of it. We will see how it will work...

desertfox wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am Another thing is you can break up the sentence strings. "I want you to [stroke] your [big] [cock]" You can then randomize the words in brackets. You can also limit what a nymph can pick from for personality.

So for example in the [big] array you have two wordlists [big, huge, enormous, giant, massive] and [small, tiny, pathetic, disgusting, ugly] and one nymph gets the positive one, the other gets the insulting array, giving them two distinct personalities without much work.

You can also just hard code a nymph to use a word as a stand in, like most nymphs use cock, but one or might always use 'dick' or another 'penis' which would again add a bit of personality for free.

I'd say look at your sentence strings you have now and those would be a pretty good template for just subbing out words/phrases in them. Still at some point they are always going to repeat so it's a bit of an endless chase to get really random.
That's a method that I discovered only few days ago. I'll need to do some more research, thinking and testing before I can decide how exactly it could be implemented in a way that will have the biggest impact and actually improve things instead of just increasing complexity of the code.

desertfox wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am Okay and onto the format of the game. I really like the concept of building the erotic energy to unlock further portions of the game/teases or whatever. I think you want to really dangle those in front of the player right off, show them where they can't go or put the barriers in front of them so there is a carrot driving you towards going into the woods.
That's a really good remark. I'll keep it in mind.

desertfox wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am When you go into the woods it would be nice to have some illusion of control for what you get rather than it feeling like you are spinning a wheel. However I think if/when you add other areas this feeling may go away somewhat. Maybe really the choice will be equipping items that will make teases easier/harder or attract certain nymphs. That also implies a lot of content work so maybe not the best option.
True, so far the player's agency is lacking. I was thinking really hard how to fix that, but didn't came up with solution yet. Deciding between which area you'll explore might help once it's implemented. I'm open to new ideas and inspiration on this front.

desertfox wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am I can see it though as each area getting unlocked via erotic energy levels with harder/more intense teases, the idea being too if you lose the area gets locked up or the area is empty.
That could be the way to do it. I'm not entirely sure how I will implement new areas and how exactly they should work and differ between each other. Again, I'm open to new inspiration.

desertfox wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am Alright that's a book and a half, hopefully something in there kicked off some ideas for you. Look forward to seeing what you come up with as usual!
Thanks, your detailed and honest feedback is always appreciated!

I hope that I'll be able thorugh continuous improvement eventually get to the point where the tease will be worth playing and even replaying.

Worst case scenario is that all of this is just needless excercise in coding. :lol:
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

For sure I ran into that with maze too, I was even porting over stuff from other maze teases and still lost steam too. I think I have about 2 hours of tease I wrote but didn't get out for the maze too. I was starting to give in and do some procedural/random towards the end too and I was sort of happy with the result. I tried to do that half authored half random and it was alright, but was still work to sort/order the pictures. But a lot of picsets follow a pattern anyway as the model undresses.

I don't really HATE random teases, just, story teases always bring it to that next level that have that interaction like you mentioned.

Also you can sort of use video with guideme to do interactive better. It's a bit ugly but works. I had something working where I cut up CH inferno into sections and kept track of points and failing out. I think I ended up doing it with a bunch of bugs and nobody wanted to try it out (seems like two worlds between forums for some reason) and so I let it die, but it wasn't too bad honestly. It's just that it's hard to get the player taking up full screen etc.

The random string thing I stole the idea from tease AI, might be worth a read through the java developer guide just to see how it breaks up and formats things with modules and conversations etc, some good ideas in there.

I'll try to brainstorm some more on the format. Last night I tried out technical forms and was sort of blown away so might have too many thoughts in that direction.
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

So I've tryed the substitution method that you mentioned Desertfox and I really like it. It's nice little extra variety.

BUT I encountered very weird and inconsistent behaviour when I tried to inplement it. I've spend probably around 8 hours trying to figure out what's going on and I've managed to narrow it to this:

Code: Select all

<Page id="StringsTesting">
   <Text>
    <p class="Text"><span>vRandomStringX</span></p>
    <p class="Text"><span>vRandomStringY</span></p>
   </Text>
 <javascript>
   <![CDATA[
   function pageLoad() {

var vTestAd = "Why this doesnt???";
    scriptVars.put("vTestAd",vTestAd);
    var vTestA = "Why this works???";
    scriptVars.put("vTestA",vTestA);

var vRandomStringX = "Lala <span>vTestAd</span> lala.";
    scriptVars.put("vRandomStringX",vRandomStringX);

var vRandomStringY = "Lala <span>vTestA</span> lala.";
    scriptVars.put("vRandomStringY",vRandomStringY);

}
   ]]>
 </javascript>
 </Page>
What GuideMe shows is this:

Lala vTestAd lala.
Lala Why this works??? lala.

I feel like I'm getting crazy. Why simple change in variable name changes whether it will be shown?
I guess using spans in strings is not the way to go.

I've tried doing something like:
"String text " + vVariable + " rest of the string"
But then I couldn't change the variables once they were set...
I looked around the web and other teases but I didn't find anything so far. I'm getting desperate here. :-/
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by desertfox »

I'm a little rusty on the guideme/javascript but does a page normally look for a script var and expand it by just having it's name? I thought you had to use an override.html() function to change what text comes out during the java script. I haven't kept up on guideme changes though for a while. Hopefully someone who knows better can correct me if I'm wrong with anything.

Another thing to think of is something called scope. (Sorry if going too basic not sure where you are at with programming concepts) Scope means essentially 'where do my variables live and for how long'. In your examplle, the 'var vTestAd' lives only as long as the pageLoad function, then it is gone. When you put it into the scriptVars though, it now lives as long as guideme lives in the scriptvars container.

So it's important to know that they are two different things.

var vTestAd = "Why this doesnt???";  // local scope, gone as soon as pageload is done
scriptVars.put("vTestAd", vTestAd);  //you made a variable called vTestAd that contains the value if your local var ("Why this doesnt???"). 
You would put things into the scriptVars if you needed the information at a later time in the tease, which you could get with a get call. So whenever you put something into the script vars is just long term storage that you'll need on another page. If you are doing work for just that page you don't have to add it to scriptVars.

So all in all I would write it something like this (based on what I learned when doing maze tease, also didn't test this).

<Page id="StringsTesting">
 <javascript>
   <![CDATA[
   function pageLoad() {

//These might be a scriptVars.get of an array of random words instead
    var vTestAd = "Why this doesnt???";
    var vTestA = "Why this works???";

var vRandomStringX = "Lala" +vTestAd +"lala.";
    var vRandomStringY = "Lala" +vTestA +lala.";

//html will just be a string of what will be written out on the page
    var html = "<p class=\"Text\"><span>" +vRandomStringX +"</span></p>"
	  	  +"<p class=\"Text\"><span>" +vRandomStringY +"</span></p>"

//Here you tell guideme to change the page text area to the string we built
    overRide.setHtml( html);
   }
   ]]>
 </javascript>
 </Page>
Hopefully that makes some sense how I've structured it. Again any of the javascript / guideme wizes here please correct me on anything I've said wrong.