[Tease AI Java] Developer's Guide and Help Thread

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Courtney
Sub/Slave(s): Courtney

Re: [Tease AI Java] Developer's Guide and Help Thread

Post by ski23 »

machine_maker wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:46 pm So is there any way to set all images until whenever from the domme to have a specific tag without having to use showPicture() after every message? Basically let's say I wanted to keep the domme clothed until a specific point. How would I go about that? I couldn't find any methods for this. (maybe I'm just blind)
There isn’t currently a way to do that exactly as I’m not sure how that would work. However, what you can do is write a helper method for send message and then it sends the message and afterwards displays whatever image you want. Then you can just call that method and it won’t clutter up your code with showImage calls. We could add something like your thinking but you’d have to elaborate a bit on how it would work.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by GodDragon »

ski23 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:20 am
machine_maker wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:46 pm So is there any way to set all images until whenever from the domme to have a specific tag without having to use showPicture() after every message? Basically let's say I wanted to keep the domme clothed until a specific point. How would I go about that? I couldn't find any methods for this. (maybe I'm just blind)
There isn’t currently a way to do that exactly as I’m not sure how that would work. However, what you can do is write a helper method for send message and then it sends the message and afterwards displays whatever image you want. Then you can just call that method and it won’t clutter up your code with showImage calls. We could add something like your thinking but you’d have to elaborate a bit on how it would work.
You can use this by implementing your own picture selector like I did in spicy: https://github.com/GodDragoner/Spicy-TA ... elector.js

This way you can define what picture is selected at what point during the session
bonsec
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bonsec »

I'm trying out writing a script and ran into a problem (probably I'm using setVar wrong) that caused teaseai-java to be stuck on "Checking Personalities". But I couldn't pinpoint what the issue is, and wasn't able to get any useful logs. So I thought I could build the Java code myself and put some breakpoints to see what's up.

Anyway, I tried setting up the Java project in VSCode but couldn't get past "The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the build path then try building this project".

Was wondering if anyone has already setup the Java project and has any tips on how to do it? I'll probably try another IDE when I get the chance next time.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

bonsec wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:43 am I'm trying out writing a script and ran into a problem (probably I'm using setVar wrong) that caused teaseai-java to be stuck on "Checking Personalities". But I couldn't pinpoint what the issue is, and wasn't able to get any useful logs. So I thought I could build the Java code myself and put some breakpoints to see what's up.

Anyway, I tried setting up the Java project in VSCode but couldn't get past "The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the build path then try building this project".

Was wondering if anyone has already setup the Java project and has any tips on how to do it? I'll probably try another IDE when I get the chance next time.
Use IntelliJ for Java projects imo. Can you send me your personality including already set Variables? Maybe I can reproduce these issues.
bonsec
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bonsec »

GodDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 pm Use IntelliJ for Java projects imo. Can you send me your personality including already set Variables? Maybe I can reproduce these issues.
Thanks for the help; IntelliJ worked easily and was able to debug the issue. I had used registerVar and gave a description string which only contained a number. It errored on the line 'description = (String) lastLine' when trying to load the variable; I simply changed my description to not just be numbers and it worked.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

bonsec wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:37 am
GodDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 pm Use IntelliJ for Java projects imo. Can you send me your personality including already set Variables? Maybe I can reproduce these issues.
Thanks for the help; IntelliJ worked easily and was able to debug the issue. I had used registerVar and gave a description string which only contained a number. It errored on the line 'description = (String) lastLine' when trying to load the variable; I simply changed my description to not just be numbers and it worked.
I’m glad you got it working! If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
seriousman5656
Explorer
Explorer

Post by seriousman5656 »

GodDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 pm Use IntelliJ for Java projects imo.
Holy shit thanks for recommending this. I've been learning all this with notepad and this isn't just easier to read but it helps you out.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

jokerman5656 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:08 am
GodDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 pm Use IntelliJ for Java projects imo.
Holy shit thanks for recommending this. I've been learning all this with notepad and this isn't just easier to read but it helps you out.
I use eclipse but yea, don't use notepad for really any coding. It's much easier to use an ide. Use intellij or eclipse for java and for personality stuff use, webstorm.
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by bobhill »

ski23 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:11 am I use eclipse but yea, don't use notepad for really any coding. It's much easier to use an ide. Use intellij or eclipse for java and for personality stuff use, webstorm.
This is interesting to me, but I am not a developer so I am not familiar with these tools. I do mostly GuideMe, which is javascript, and I've been using Notepad++. All three IDEs, webstorm, eclipse, and intellij support javascript, but it appears that webstorm is best for javascript? :yes:

In looking at their website, it's free for classroom assistance, do you think Milovana would qualify as a "non-commercial educational organization"? :lol:
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

bobhill wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:24 pm
ski23 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:11 am I use eclipse but yea, don't use notepad for really any coding. It's much easier to use an ide. Use intellij or eclipse for java and for personality stuff use, webstorm.
This is interesting to me, but I am not a developer so I am not familiar with these tools. I do mostly GuideMe, which is javascript, and I've been using Notepad++. All three IDEs, webstorm, eclipse, and intellij support javascript, but it appears that webstorm is best for javascript? :yes:

In looking at their website, it's free for classroom assistance, do you think Milovana would qualify as a "non-commercial educational organization"? :lol:
Yea its fine on the licensing. While yes, most IDE’s technically “support” most languages, many IDE’s are aimed at a specific language. WebStorm is definitely better than intellij and eclipse when it comes to using javascript.
seriousman5656
Explorer
Explorer

Post by seriousman5656 »

So I've been learning and self teaching how to work this program and having a lot of fun. I am at a loss when it comes to creating/having more than the existing amount of domme friends. If someone wouldn't mind helping me a little it'd be appreciated.