TAI Personalities - A Major Flaw

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

CH0013
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

TAI Personalities - A Major Flaw

Post by CH0013 »

Before I continue I'd like to thank the tech wizards and writers that are responsible for the Tease AI community. We all know it takes a lot of work to build and modify this software (and to set it up P: ).

Next I'd like to point out that; I understand, to many people, Tease AI and the personality of their choice is a just a JOI masturbation aid. But when you read through the forums, many people also seem to want it to simulate a D/s (Dominant/submissive) relationship (my advice to them would be; maybe use this to get your feet wet, but if that's what you're into I'd recommend finding a real person. even if only online).
I suppose my experience was somewhere in between. I have used TAI in the past and mostly just Miss Blue so I guess I'm also making generalized statements here, but in my lurkings I have not come across this topic thus far. And to some extent this is why I stopped using TAI.

"The Major Flaw" as I see it; is aftercare. Now I know to some people being treated poorly is a turn on and I'm not here to kink shame. :-) But for me personally I was using miss blue (great personality btw.) and having the AI push you into things you are not into and then having a "you know you want it" kind of attitude when you say "no that's a limit for me" was annoying and not great for me personally (and if a real person did that it would be a major red flag). But again I understand it's hard to write and program these things and some people are into that; so I let that slide as the "No" response did (from what I remember) add a flag that did blacklist those modules (hopefully that's the right terminology (not much of a programmer myself.)) (And this is about aftercare not consent. Which is also super important. (and in this case somewhat implied.))

But I was reflecting on why I more or less snapped, what made me angry about my TAI experience in the end, and why it was that my submissive side took a poisoned arrow to the knee that day; and I think it was the fact that it was not at all a D/s relationship. Now in the tease portion you could suspend disbelief, but the ending. . . I'm not sure how other personalities end sessions, but my guess is they are likely similar, and end with something along the lines of "well that's enough for now. bye." (And do correct me if I'm wrong.)

As a dominant, it is my understanding that just leaving a sub, quite possibly in sub-space, after a scene; is not a good idea. I'd like to reiterate, I'm not saying TAI or Miss Blue are bad, this is more a PSA and food for thought for the writers of these fine programs, because the lack of aftercare can cause psychological issues or distress. D/s relationships are about a power exchange and the intimate bonds that can form from that trust and vulnerability (mostly). How that exchange happens, and what it looks like; can vary widely. Now I suppose it would also be unhealthy to form an intimate bond with a piece of software, :lol: and I guess this simulates less of an intimate relationship and more of a play partner you have occasional scenes with. But with aftercare being one of the most essential parts of BDSM, I wanted to put it out there for you guys.

Again the writing challenge may make this difficult to, well, write. Different subs have different needs after all. Since I myself do not know the best solution, nor do I have enough experience as a dominant (especially since I have never, nor do I imagine I ever will; dominate a man.) I simply wanted to start the discussion for the health of the community.

Thanks for reading. Stay healthy, educated, and kinky. :love:
holaba_be
Explorer
Explorer

Re: TAI Personalities - A Major Flaw

Post by holaba_be »

I get where you are coming from, but (un)fortunately the personalities are not *that* realistic yet that anyone is going to form any real emotional connections to them. And while getting someone in a sub-space might be possible with just words on a screen, getting them out of if probably requires an actual physical presence.
I could be wrong of course, but I don't think there is any demand for a session to go on much longer after the "finish".
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: TAI Personalities - A Major Flaw

Post by GodDragon »

Well most of the personalities are intended to work as some sort of webtease generator that offers you a more unique and interactive experience than just doing a webtease. However I am planning on adding a lot of personalization to Spicy which includes but is not limited to fetishes, length, interests etc. I want the virtual person to actually learn about you and accept your limits but also push you if possible without being to strict. Furthermore I want to allow the sub to be able to always get a reaction whenever he wants to interact (saying no, asking etc.).
If you have suggestions in regards to aftercare feel free to tell us. I must admit that I don't really know what I should add to it that would feel realistic other than discussing the fetishes or something. Aftercare is especially important in relationships that involve feelings and thus talking and cuddling afterwards is important but sadly this is not really possible with an AI unless you only want a bit of talking and reacting. Many people don't really want a random online Mistress because they are hard to find especially ones that you like (if you are also looking for a specific character and appearance) and because they want to keep their identity a secret. And Webteases/TAI(J) are a good way for people to experience a bit of a real relationship. For example I would only want a real relationship and no online BDSM only relationship. That's why I think TAI is definitely a good thing however I can see your point which is why I am asking you for suggestions/stuff that could be added to handle aftercare as far as possible.