[RELEASE] Maze of Desire

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

DerpZerp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [RELEASE] Maze of Desire

Post by DerpZerp »

Soundwave wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:57 pm Thank you very much - it´s great so far... still in the middle of game play and perhaps found a litlle bug, which i want to let you know about:
Spoiler: show
After doing my choice at Michaela "Maze Completion" i met her again and when clicking again "Maze Completion" an error is hown "goto Target No Label "AlereaySet". I think it´s just a spelling error and has to be "AlreadySet"?
By the way, if i put a patch over an existing version. Do i have to start again or can i continue where i left?
You can continue where you left off, if you happen to be in one of the teases with fixes you might have to restart guideme to make sure it loads the new versions of the script.
Your bug took a bit of searching, because apparently the typo was "AlreaySet", it is now fixed so thanks!
I updated the patch to v1.3-3
Creator of Maze of Desire (GuideMe tease).
Sheyan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sheyan »

I am quite loving the maze so far but i have to admit that i got myself lost in the mountains and no idea where the temple might be while running in circles, so i was wondering if maybe some could provide maps or at least hints for how to find the temples so that players like myself have a chance to find them.
Oh and not sure if it is a bug or intended, but Michaela is talking about the mountain castle even when in the forest, seems to make not much sense to me though.
Last edited by Sheyan on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by xman911 »

I go to the desert Temple, but probably there is a bug because I just seem to go around the rooms and can't find the exit or there is no exit. Can you provide a map of the desert Temple ?! It seems whenever route I take in the Temple it just leads to the beginning. I tried different routes but nothing seems to work.
DerpZerp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by DerpZerp »

Sheyan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:14 pm I am quite loving the maze so far but i have to admit that i got myself lost in the mountains and no idea where the temple might be while running in circles, so i was wondering if maybe some could provide maps or at least hints for how to find the temples so that players like myself have a chance to find them.
Oh and not sure if it is a bug or intended, but Michaela is talking about the mountain castle even when in the forest, seems to make not much sense to me though.
Hey, great to hear you are loving the maze :)
I got a map available as an attachment.

It also contains maps of other mazes if you scroll waaaay down, but just ignore those.
Michaela is the same in all regions, it is an information tease and certain topics only come up if you have visited anything related to the topic. So when you have already visited the mountains she has the option to tell you something more about it. Imagine you visit the castle, leave the mountains and never actually meet michaela, you might not know all there is to know about the castle.
xman911 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:36 pm I go to the desert Temple, but probably there is a bug because I just seem to go around the rooms and can't find the exit or there is no exit. Can you provide a map of the desert Temple ?! It seems whenever route I take in the Temple it just leads to the beginning. I tried different routes but nothing seems to work.
Did you find any levers? This should unlock aditional paths, if nothing works out you can use the map link I provided as an attachment! Good luck!!!
Attachments
Maze - Sheet1.pdf
(185.64 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
fvoyeur
Explorer
Explorer

Post by fvoyeur »

Hi!

I usually like maze teases so I bet I will like that one. Thanks for making it.

However, I am lost when it comes to GuideMe version. The latest version, as far as I can see in the GuideMe topic indicates that the most recent version is 0.3.4 and that is the version that I see when I open GuideMe. I am confused when you talk about version 1.5.3 or version 3.0. Does that mean this forums only provides us with an old version or did they change the version numbering or something?

My regards,
DerpZerp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by DerpZerp »

fvoyeur wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:03 am Hi!

I usually like maze teases so I bet I will like that one. Thanks for making it.

However, I am lost when it comes to GuideMe version. The latest version, as far as I can see in the GuideMe topic indicates that the most recent version is 0.3.4 and that is the version that I see when I open GuideMe. I am confused when you talk about version 1.5.3 or version 3.0. Does that mean this forums only provides us with an old version or did they change the version numbering or something?

My regards,
I do try to explain this in the main post, The reason this maze uses the older GuideMe (and supplies the download link in case you missed it) is because of a very useful scripting engine created by someone here on the forums that makes it super easy to write the tease. Since this scripting engine is only updated for GuideMe 1.5.3 I am using that version. The newer version 3.0 may introduce new features, but the scripting engine unfortunately hasn't been updated for that version and appears to have some compatibility issues with it.
fvoyeur
Explorer
Explorer

Post by fvoyeur »

I still don't understand. The forum indicates that the latest version is 0.3.4, not 3.0 or 1.5.3. That is what is confusing me. Am I looking at the wrong version? Where can I find out a version number that looks like 1.5.3 or 3.0 so I can see if I have the correct version?
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by xman911 »

I finally made it out of the Desert maze. It was quite a challenge, took me 4 hours of gameplay in 3 days. I only used your map for the Desert Temple maze. (which was confusing because there are no "proper rooms" and I couldn't make a map, so it seems I just moved in circles around the temple). Maybe it would be better at the temple to just have 1 or 2 challenging boss girls instead of yet another (even more confusing) maze.

Now I continue at the Mountain. The game is mostly good and not too repetitive. I don't know if all the girls "level up" after each encounter. But I found that, some of the girls were harder when I encountered them second time it was a really nice to see that. I think that type of "leveling up" should be used more in these type of games.

The idea of "false Oasis" was also good, that was confusing but in a good way. I did made my own map of the dessert... so it felt like these "old stile" RPG games. Maybe you should add a chest or a room with map information, that you can unlock after some number of repeated encounters with the girls. So if someone is going aimlessly and don't want to make a map, to have a chance without going to the forum and asking for a map.
DerpZerp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by DerpZerp »

fvoyeur wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:33 pm I still don't understand. The forum indicates that the latest version is 0.3.4, not 3.0 or 1.5.3. That is what is confusing me. Am I looking at the wrong version? Where can I find out a version number that looks like 1.5.3 or 3.0 so I can see if I have the correct version?
If you downloaded the version from this forum post you will have the correct version, no idea if there is an easy way of seeing what version you have. I guess you could still try to see if you can load the tease?
Oh and the versioning he did in the forum no idea why he added an extra 0 in front, but 0.3.4 is the newer version :) but this tease uses the older version (1.5.3). I hope this clears it up.
xman911 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:23 am I finally made it out of the Desert maze. It was quite a challenge, took me 4 hours of gameplay in 3 days. I only used your map for the Desert Temple maze. (which was confusing because there are no "proper rooms" and I couldn't make a map, so it seems I just moved in circles around the temple). Maybe it would be better at the temple to just have 1 or 2 challenging boss girls instead of yet another (even more confusing) maze.

Now I continue at the Mountain. The game is mostly good and not too repetitive. I don't know if all the girls "level up" after each encounter. But I found that, some of the girls were harder when I encountered them second time it was a really nice to see that. I think that type of "leveling up" should be used more in these type of games.

The idea of "false Oasis" was also good, that was confusing but in a good way. I did made my own map of the dessert... so it felt like these "old stile" RPG games. Maybe you should add a chest or a room with map information, that you can unlock after some number of repeated encounters with the girls. So if someone is going aimlessly and don't want to make a map, to have a chance without going to the forum and asking for a map.
Very good to hear you beat the desert area, but there actually are proper rooms in the desert temple (atleast you can choose a new direction in most rooms, I can see why it would be difficult. But that is the challenge.

About the "level up" some girls do indeed get a little more difficult or make you stay longer. I decided atleast each girl should known you previously visited her.

I will see about that, no idea how I would implement that though. But I like your suggestions.

Good luck with the mountains, it is a tricky area so I look forward to see how you manage :P
Naondeh
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Naondeh »

Still playing but looks good so far.

Are the sound files included in the data used at all?
BraddyP
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BraddyP »

I started playing this the other day and I'm really enjoying it - great job :thumbsup:

I found a small typo
Michaela in the forest says at one point ' ...and one of them is loosing her insanity.'
That should probably be ' ...and one of them is loosing her sanity. :-D
And a bug (i think)
Part of the script for Masha in the forest has this - i think its missing a 'button Continue', so if you land here you get stuck.

Code: Select all

05.jpg, 0 {
		mas <p align="right">...Masha...</p>\n
		mas You like what you see, my boy?\n
		\n
		mas Get ready to edge!\n
		mas Hard
	}

And a thought
For Michaela in the forest, there is a sequence that starts

- Let me show you how much I appreciate you being here with me (010.jpg, medium shot)
- Edge (011.jpg, extreme close up shot)
- Mmm (012.jpg, medium shot)
- Here take a closer look and edge again for me! (013.jpg, medium shot)

I was a bit weird that just after an extreme close-up she would then say to take a closer look, but with a photo from further away. Its a silly thing to point out i know, but it just seemed a bit wrong to me - but that's just my opinion, feel free to ignore :)
Keep up the good work!
:thankyou:
DerpZerp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by DerpZerp »

Naondeh wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 pm Still playing but looks good so far.

Are the sound files included in the data used at all?
Hey, some of them yes. I used a lot more when I started out with the maze, but ended up removing most of them.
BraddyP wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:59 pm I started playing this the other day and I'm really enjoying it - great job :thumbsup:

I found a small typo
Michaela in the forest says at one point ' ...and one of them is loosing her insanity.'
That should probably be ' ...and one of them is loosing her sanity. :-D
And a bug (i think)
Part of the script for Masha in the forest has this - i think its missing a 'button Continue', so if you land here you get stuck.

Code: Select all

05.jpg, 0 {
		mas <p align="right">...Masha...</p>\n
		mas You like what you see, my boy?\n
		\n
		mas Get ready to edge!\n
		mas Hard
	}

And a thought

- Let me show you how much I appreciate you being here with me (010.jpg, medium shot)

I was a bit weird that just after an extreme close-up she would then say to take a closer look, but with a photo from further away. Its a silly thing to point out i know, but it just seemed a bit wrong to me - but that's just my opinion, feel free to ignore :)
Keep up the good work!
:thankyou:
Thanks for the points, I will look into them this weekend and post a new zip with updated files :)
BudBuckXXX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BudBuckXXX »

Hello again, just want to give some more feedback quickly as i think this project deserves attention. It really is a fantastic tease that is on the same level as Random Mazes or Maze of Passion which inspired it. It is familiar to us that know to other ones but still unique. It's clear a lot of effort was put into this and its great!

Some more thoughts (spoilers):
Because the 3 areas are so different from each other: people are gonna like and dislike them after their own taste. For me that means Mountains edge focus was the least interesting to me (and the gimmick here with a set path you are put on after each girl might be a bit to much for a first time playthrough). But i did like the Forest (It makes you ask yourself "Why ever leave Ariels tease?" lol) and Desert was my favorite. A lot of great content in the sand!
Linda creates some very though challenges and is a good "Boss".

With maps and using a fairly optimal route i timed at 1 and a half hours, so lots of content here.
There are a few minor misspellings here and there but no major bugs.
DerpZerp wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:31 pm
BudBuckXXX wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 pm I really miss the 'Delay'-button though(move to the next page/go to end of timer). Is there any way for GM1.5.3 to have this function in-app without altering the code?
Sorry, but I am not sure whether this is possible, maybe try what @Ambossili suggested? It wouldn't be anything to easily implement on my end anyways. Glad to hear you like the tease!
Unfortunately any delay or skipping don't seem to be possible. Debug mode (alt+D) cannot really help here because the tease is so script heavy (you can skip between scripts but not DURING scripts, as far as i know). This is a shame for re-visiting the tease and time savings, but whatever, u can't have it all.

This was a great tease worth waiting for. Runs great. I highly recommend mapping it out for yourself the 1st time, and only use the map provided in one of the post if you get stuck. There are so many hot girls with well made teases waiting for you(but that's just me).
DerpZerp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by DerpZerp »

BudBuckXXX wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:50 pm Hello again, just want to give some more feedback quickly as i think this project deserves attention. It really is a fantastic tease that is on the same level as Random Mazes or Maze of Passion which inspired it. It is familiar to us that know to other ones but still unique. It's clear a lot of effort was put into this and its great!

Some more thoughts (spoilers):
Because the 3 areas are so different from each other: people are gonna like and dislike them after their own taste. For me that means Mountains edge focus was the least interesting to me (and the gimmick here with a set path you are put on after each girl might be a bit to much for a first time playthrough). But i did like the Forest (It makes you ask yourself "Why ever leave Ariels tease?" lol) and Desert was my favorite. A lot of great content in the sand!
Linda creates some very though challenges and is a good "Boss".

With maps and using a fairly optimal route i timed at 1 and a half hours, so lots of content here.
There are a few minor misspellings here and there but no major bugs.
DerpZerp wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:31 pm
BudBuckXXX wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 pm I really miss the 'Delay'-button though(move to the next page/go to end of timer). Is there any way for GM1.5.3 to have this function in-app without altering the code?
Sorry, but I am not sure whether this is possible, maybe try what @Ambossili suggested? It wouldn't be anything to easily implement on my end anyways. Glad to hear you like the tease!
Unfortunately any delay or skipping don't seem to be possible. Debug mode (alt+D) cannot really help here because the tease is so script heavy (you can skip between scripts but not DURING scripts, as far as i know). This is a shame for re-visiting the tease and time savings, but whatever, u can't have it all.

This was a great tease worth waiting for. Runs great. I highly recommend mapping it out for yourself the 1st time, and only use the map provided in one of the post if you get stuck. There are so many hot girls with well made teases waiting for you(but that's just me).
Thanks for all the kind words.
I did make the 3 areas different on purpose. I tried to put a lot of difference in the short teases in the mountain and I am not sure it is mainly focused on edges, maybe you were just unlucky to pick a route that had mainly that?

I am very glad to hear you like Ariel's tease, she sure has a great fantasy :)
I am wondering though did anyone edge for Sophie yet? (one of my personal favourites, along with Michaela and Guerlain).

Also I finally got around to fixing the bugs pointed out by @BraddyP
So Patch Version 1.3-4 is now attached to the main post.
DerpZerp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by DerpZerp »

BraddyP wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:59 pm And a thought

To easily fix this adjust the pictures in the folder Images/Story/Michaela/Forest as follows:
picture 011 rename it to 013
picture 012 rename it to 011
picture 013 rename it to 012

I could include them in a patch, but you'd have to redownload the images which would make the file to big to be an attachment :P so this is probably easier!

EDIT: It should be correct in the full download of the maze for future downloads.
Last edited by DerpZerp on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.