[RELEASE] Maze of Desire

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

BraddyP
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE] Maze of Desire

Post by BraddyP »

DerpZerp wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:16 am
To easily fix this adjust the pictures in the folder Images/Story/Michaela/Forest as follows:
picture 011 rename it to 013
picture 012 rename it to 011
picture 013 rename it to 012

I could include them in a patch, but you'd have to redownload the images which would make the file to big to be an attachment :P so this is probably easier!
Thanks! though its probably easier to just swap the names of the pictures in the script file itself :-D

I also found two broken links - but I forgot to make a note of exactly where, probably because i was a little distracted at the time :whistle:
Spoiler: show
One was definitely in the desert, and one was in the mountains - somewhere near the bottom right, so at christiana or candice maybe - and i seem to think it was at the end of the tease.

Fortunately both times Guideme gave me a list of places to start, so i just went back to the start of the desert or mountains.
Since i did find some broken links, i wrote a really stupid python script to try find them.
(basically it looks for anything i think is a label [i.e. a single line ending in ':'], then tries to find all the goto's everywhere, and then tries to match everything up)

It didnt find the broken links i ran into, but it did find some others
found dead link
file: ./Scripts\Models\Ariel.scr
line nr: 8
link name: SecondEncounter:
script: "ifSet visit_ariel goto SecondEncounter:" <-- i think this is because of the ':' at the end?

found dead link
file: ./Scripts\Models\FinishGuerlain.scr
line nr: 222
link name: On the Edge
script: "goto On the Edge"

found dead link
file: ./Scripts\Models\LindaRecovery.scr
line nr: 16
link name: <choose Linda, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch>
script: "goto <choose Linda, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch>" <-- this might be correct, i'm not sure if 'choose' works the same as choosefrom?

found dead link
line nr: 296
link name: Halfway
script: "goto Halfway" <-- the label is missing a ':' at the end (see line 298)

found dead link
line nr: 317
link name: SecondEdge
script: "goto SecondEdge" <-- the label is missing a ':' at the end (see line 319)
Thanks again for the fantastic job, the maze is great!
DerpZerp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by DerpZerp »

BraddyP wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:21 pm
DerpZerp wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:16 am
To easily fix this adjust the pictures in the folder Images/Story/Michaela/Forest as follows:
picture 011 rename it to 013
picture 012 rename it to 011
picture 013 rename it to 012

I could include them in a patch, but you'd have to redownload the images which would make the file to big to be an attachment :P so this is probably easier!
Thanks! though its probably easier to just swap the names of the pictures in the script file itself :-D

I also found two broken links - but I forgot to make a note of exactly where, probably because i was a little distracted at the time :whistle:
One was definitely in the desert, and one was in the mountains - somewhere near the bottom right, so at christiana or candice maybe - and i seem to think it was at the end of the tease.

Fortunately both times Guideme gave me a list of places to start, so i just went back to the start of the desert or mountains.
Since i did find some broken links, i wrote a really stupid python script to try find them.
(basically it looks for anything i think is a label [i.e. a single line ending in ':'], then tries to find all the goto's everywhere, and then tries to match everything up)

It didnt find the broken links i ran into, but it did find some others
found dead link
file: ./Scripts\Models\Ariel.scr
line nr: 8
link name: SecondEncounter:
script: "ifSet visit_ariel goto SecondEncounter:" <-- i think this is because of the ':' at the end?

found dead link
file: ./Scripts\Models\FinishGuerlain.scr
line nr: 222
link name: On the Edge
script: "goto On the Edge"

found dead link
line nr: 16
link name: <choose Linda, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch>
script: "goto <choose Linda, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch, Witch>" <-- this might be correct, i'm not sure if 'choose' works the same as choosefrom?

found dead link
line nr: 296
link name: Halfway
script: "goto Halfway" <-- the label is missing a ':' at the end (see line 298)

found dead link
line nr: 317
link name: SecondEdge
script: "goto SecondEdge" <-- the label is missing a ':' at the end (see line 319)
Thanks again for the fantastic job, the maze is great!
Hey, just to reply to your first argument that it would be easier to do so within the script. This is actually not true, since that would change the order of the pictures in the mountain/forest and desert where all 3 have different picture sets and only the forest picture order had to be changed.

Thanks for writing that "stupid python script" I quite like it and fixed the broken links and uploaded a new file version 1.3-5.
Creator of Maze of Desire (GuideMe tease).
BraddyP
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BraddyP »

DerpZerp wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:10 am
Hey, just to reply to your first argument that it would be easier to do so within the script. This is actually not true, since that would change the order of the pictures in the mountain/forest and desert where all 3 have different picture sets and only the forest picture order had to be changed.
Ah, i did not think about that - my bad!
DerpZerp wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:10 am Thanks for writing that "stupid python script" I quite like it and fixed the broken links and uploaded a new file version 1.3-5.
:thumbsup: I'm glad i can make some contribution :-D

I found a few more things

I found two 'goto label' errors in the mountains - one at candice and one at amelia (enter from the north).
I'm not quite sure how to detect these better - for now i'll try find the error by looking through the script, if inspiration strikes i'll see if i can update my stupid python script.

I did however update the stupid python script to consider links from buttons - it found this (with 1.3.5 patch)

found dead link
file: ./Scripts\Castle.scr
line nr: 984
link name: leavetodesert
script: "button Desert, LeaveToDesert" <-- see line 1262 - its missing the ':'
found dead link
file: ./Scripts\Models\FinishLinda.scr
line nr: 254
link name: leavebad
script: "button Leave, LeaveBad" <-- see line 530 - its missing the ':'
found dead link
file: ./Scripts\Models\FinishLinda.scr
line nr: 525
link name: leavebad
script: "button Leave, LeaveBad" <-- see line 530 - its missing the ':'
found dead link
line nr: 340
link name: tryagainseoncdedge
script: "button Stop and retry, TryAgainSeoncdEdge"

I also found a few typo's:

angel: '..my but..' --> '..my butt..'
cristiana: 'She continuous..' --> 'She continues..'
Krytsal: '..my but..' --> '..my butt..'
mia: 'cloths' --> 'clothes' (happens 3 times in the script)
FinishGuerlian: 'cloths' --> 'clothes' (i just did a search for 'cloths' in all scripts, haven't got here yet :lol: )

I hope you don't get too annoyed with all the posts :-D
Let me know if there is anything i can do to help.

EDIT - August 25:

I found another bug, this time the hard way :lol:

I tried to fool irina and guess the code, but it landed up hanging. I took a look at Castle.scr - see line 973

IrinaCodeFinished:
ifSet code_wrong IrinaCodeFailed <== i think it should be ifSet code_wrong goto IrinaCodeFailed
goto IrinaCodeCorrect
Last edited by BraddyP on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by timoth31 »

On the guideme thread the latest version posted is 0.3.7, did you made your own version?
DerpZerp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by DerpZerp »

BraddyP wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:17 pm I hope you don't get too annoyed with all the posts :-D
Let me know if there is anything i can do to help.
Ofcourse not, keep em coming and I'll keep fixing them :)

Updated the patch version to 1.3.6.
timoth31 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:33 am On the guideme thread the latest version posted is 0.3.7, did you made your own version?
No, the versioning was once 1.5 -> 3.0 but now for some reason it is 0.3.x. Just know that the version I linked is an older version.
Creator of Maze of Desire (GuideMe tease).