[Tease AI Java] Mischevious Tease Personality

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

magie686
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Tease AI Java] Mischevious Tease Personality

Post by magie686 »

It looks like you are hardcoding "\" as a path seperator. This only works on Windows. Can you switch to using File.separator instead to be more platform independent?
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Courtney
Sub/Slave(s): Courtney

Post by ski23 »

magie686 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:49 am It looks like you are hardcoding "\" as a path seperator. This only works on Windows. Can you switch to using File.separator instead to be more platform independent?
I’ll look into that.
Asteroth
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Asteroth »

ski23 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:27 am
Asteroth wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 am That converter sounds very promising! And complicated

I didn't get any response from "please stop" or "let me stop", might be wrong phrase?
Please stop is the one I said is not implemented now but is rather complicated. As for the coverter, it can already convert some scripts. But yes, it is very complicated. Im spending most of my time working on it right now so if you dont see as many frequent updates to Mischevious, know that one day I might release an entire new personality such as MissBlue or House of Tease if I can get the converter fully working.
I fully understand that things take time and keep you busy, you're doing some fantastic work! Take your time :)
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

Mischevious Update:

I just made an update to Mischevious adding 31 different types of stroking methods other than just "stroking". Each one of these methods can be enabled, disabled, or their frequency can be set. Alternatively, you can remove the strokingmethodutils.js file and everything will work as it did before.
lot5000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lot5000 »

ski23 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:24 am
magie686 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:49 am It looks like you are hardcoding "\" as a path seperator. This only works on Windows. Can you switch to using File.separator instead to be more platform independent?
I’ll look into that.
Ok. As ski23 suggested I have installed Mischevious in addition to Spicy :) Installed it earlier but deleted because of path dependency problems, so now I have taken another look. Seems I have the same problem magie686 reported. I am on Osx. Tried to go with replace "\\" to "/". Pictures and modules started working, but still have problems:
a) For example it creates "images\loved\imagetags.txt" file in the main images folder. As I understand it shall not be the case - imagtags.txt shall be in the loved folder
b) Then it hangs occasionally (seems that the reason is the same: for example when trying to move "liked" file from System/Tumblr

Hope to fix this somehow with your help. In general seems like well structured system, even as not programmer I was able to understand the structure. And thank you for the debugger option.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

lot5000 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:23 am
I’ll look into that.
Ok. As ski23 suggested I have installed Mischevious in addition to Spicy :) Installed it earlier but deleted because of path dependency problems, so now I have taken another look. Seems I have the same problem magie686 reported. I am on Osx. Tried to go with replace "\\" to "/". Pictures and modules started working, but still have problems:
a) For example it creates "images\loved\imagetags.txt" file in the main images folder. As I understand it shall not be the case - imagtags.txt shall be in the loved folder
b) Then it hangs occasionally (seems that the reason is the same: for example when trying to move "liked" file from System/Tumblr

Hope to fix this somehow with your help. In general seems like well structured system, even as not programmer I was able to understand the structure. And thank you for the debugger option.
I dont fully understand your issues clearly. Ill change those file places with the slashes. I’m not sure why its an issue that ifs creates images\loved. can you clarify on this. Also on the second point, can you provide more info. If I can get detailed descriptions of what isnt working for you, I can get it fixed.

Thanks
lot5000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lot5000 »

I dont fully understand your issues clearly. Ill change those file places with the slashes. I’m not sure why its an issue that ifs creates images\loved. can you clarify on this. Also on the second point, can you provide more info. If I can get detailed descriptions of what isnt working for you, I can get it fixed.

Thanks
I have installed a clean version of Mischevious 1.0.7 on TeaseAI-JAVA 1.0.13. Environment: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65); Java version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17; Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13); Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13, mixed mode)

I have put your tagged folder of Caprice domme into images and made a link to it in Settings/Contact.
I also put your Liked/Loved/Normal folders into /Images and some Tumblr files into /Images/Sytem/Tumblr (around 70 files).

Started the programme with Mischevious personality. Domme images were shown, chat was going on, but errors were poping up: " Personality Error: File does not exist /Home/TeaseAI\Structure\Modules\LongModules\", "Personality Error: File is not a directory /Home/TeaseAI\Structure\Modules\LongModules\.", "PM CHAT: Info: files is null. likely a problem!", "PM SEVERE: Latest loaded file was '/Home/TeaseAI/Personalities/Mischevious/Structure/Modules/ModuleSelector.js' and error was found in line 33".

Or another one: "Personality Error: File does not exist /Home/TeaseAI\images\system\tumblr\
04:39:58 AM CHAT: Personality Error: File is not a directory /Home/TeaseAI\images\system\tumblr\
04:39:58 AM SEVERE: Latest loaded file was '/Home/TeaseAI/Personalities/Mischevious/Structure/Start/CheckOutThisPictureIFound.js' and error was found in line 203
Error: TypeError: Cannot get property "length" of null in <eval> at line number 203.

Path is correct, except of separators "\" "/".

Variables: Variables like %grin% are displayed correctly, but instead of %ShowTeaseImage% I get only printed in a chat: !ShowTeaseImage%!. Similar goes with "!Surrender!", "!DomEyes!", "Not allowed to !Stroke! it", "Only allowed to !Ache! for me" (shows only variable names in a chat, not content).

picmode: Chat is also not responding to picmode command.

Step 2 replacing "\\" with "/"

Then I have replaced everywhere "\\" with "/" (99 matches in 10 files)

Situation improved. Do not get "Personality errors" anymore.
Started showing tumblr teasing pictures.

In general seems like working much better.

But sometimes it runs a chat without showing domme pictures. Sometimes it is stuck on some one domme picture and does not change it for a very long. Can't tell you when it happens, noticed it in one long module IWoulcCallThatABargain.js. Looked at code. Most likely the reason is that I have not set up categories it tries to show. It would be good to have some "sample" media file, with selected 2-3 pictures for each category in future releases, just to make easier for newcomers to setup.

Moving of files: CheckOutThisPictureIFound.js, in a chat answering "no" on the picture, enables moving, which seems do not happen because the system hangs. Debug Info: Moving file/images/system/tumblr/tumblr_meukszebQR1rroxb4o1_500.gif . Errors in log: WARNING: No tag file found in folder /Home/TeaseAI/images/system/tumblr ; SEVERE: Invalid Tags File tumblr\ImageTags.txt ;

Tag files created in the wrong folders: seems that previous error with invalid tag file arises because script creates tag file in the wrong folder. Instead of creating ImageTags.txt inside of images/system/tumblr/ folder, it creates a "tumblr\ImageTags.txt" file in images/system/ folder.

picmode: Chat started responding to picmode command. Shows pictures, allows to vote on them. But it seems that it does not perform till the end with real files. The number of images in liked, normal, loved, tumblr folders remained the same, although i went through somewhere 20 files voting with different options, including 1(hate) which is supossed to delete file.

Step 3 Other suggestions:

Do not know if it creates problems on macOS/Linux, but I have noticed that you use freely names of folders not looking at case (i.e. /system/tumblr instead of /System/Tumblr). Seems that it does not create quickly identifieble problems as images are shown, so macOS recognize it, but maybe there is some deeper catch. Also on Linux I think this case-insentive approach will not work.

Debugging: I think for debugging it is good to have DMessage in the beginning of each module file with the name of the file, it is easier to follow what is running in what sequence:
DMessage("Running AreYouHappyToSeeMe.js");
DMessage("Running BehavingYourself.js");
DMessage("Running CheckOutThisPictureIFound.js");
DMessage("Running IGetTooExcited.js");
DMessage("Running IWasJustThinkingAboutYou.js");

Hope that helps :)
lot5000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lot5000 »

ski23: now the question about logic/structure of modules

There are so many teasing/stroking ways in Mischevious, that I need some explanation on the structure/modules and the logic behind.

1) Start/End is obvious - session starts with one of the Start modules, ends with End module.
2) Then we have Short/Medium/Long modules, which probably are based on time of teasing. Randomly selected or according to values in settings configuration ?
3) Fetishes/Games/Learning folders - they are for separate things, or are interchangeable with Short/Medium/Long modules in order to add variation to stroking :) ? If I want to have modules NOT connected to stroking (i.e. various chores, fitness exercises, non sexual punishment tasks (like writing assignments), study assignments (like "enroll into X course on...") - it is better to create modules within Modules folder, o to have separate folder for such things.
4) Links - do not quite well understand the idea behind links in comparison with Short/Medium/Long modules
5) Disabled - is this working folder to put not used modules, or is it another topic similar to Fetishes/Games/Learning ?

Thanks for explaining :) It can be your first input into tutorial for wanna be developers of modules :)
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

lot5000 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:12 am

Thanks
I have installed a clean version of Mischevious 1.0.7 on TeaseAI-JAVA 1.0.13. Environment: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65); Java version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17; Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13); Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13, mixed mode)

I have put your tagged folder of Caprice domme into images and made a link to it in Settings/Contact.
I also put your Liked/Loved/Normal folders into /Images and some Tumblr files into /Images/Sytem/Tumblr (around 70 files).

Started the programme with Mischevious personality. Domme images were shown, chat was going on, but errors were poping up: " Personality Error: File does not exist /Home/TeaseAI\Structure\Modules\LongModules\", "Personality Error: File is not a directory /Home/TeaseAI\Structure\Modules\LongModules\.", "PM CHAT: Info: files is null. likely a problem!", "PM SEVERE: Latest loaded file was '/Home/TeaseAI/Personalities/Mischevious/Structure/Modules/ModuleSelector.js' and error was found in line 33".

Or another one: "Personality Error: File does not exist /Home/TeaseAI\images\system\tumblr\
04:39:58 AM CHAT: Personality Error: File is not a directory /Home/TeaseAI\images\system\tumblr\
04:39:58 AM SEVERE: Latest loaded file was '/Home/TeaseAI/Personalities/Mischevious/Structure/Start/CheckOutThisPictureIFound.js' and error was found in line 203
Error: TypeError: Cannot get property "length" of null in <eval> at line number 203.

Path is correct, except of separators "\" "/".

Variables: Variables like %grin% are displayed correctly, but instead of %ShowTeaseImage% I get only printed in a chat: !ShowTeaseImage%!. Similar goes with "!Surrender!", "!DomEyes!", "Not allowed to !Stroke! it", "Only allowed to !Ache! for me" (shows only variable names in a chat, not content).

picmode: Chat is also not responding to picmode command.

Step 2 replacing "\\" with "/"

Then I have replaced everywhere "\\" with "/" (99 matches in 10 files)

Situation improved. Do not get "Personality errors" anymore.
Started showing tumblr teasing pictures.

In general seems like working much better.

But sometimes it runs a chat without showing domme pictures. Sometimes it is stuck on some one domme picture and does not change it for a very long. Can't tell you when it happens, noticed it in one long module IWoulcCallThatABargain.js. Looked at code. Most likely the reason is that I have not set up categories it tries to show. It would be good to have some "sample" media file, with selected 2-3 pictures for each category in future releases, just to make easier for newcomers to setup.

Moving of files: CheckOutThisPictureIFound.js, in a chat answering "no" on the picture, enables moving, which seems do not happen because the system hangs. Debug Info: Moving file/images/system/tumblr/tumblr_meukszebQR1rroxb4o1_500.gif . Errors in log: WARNING: No tag file found in folder /Home/TeaseAI/images/system/tumblr ; SEVERE: Invalid Tags File tumblr\ImageTags.txt ;

Tag files created in the wrong folders: seems that previous error with invalid tag file arises because script creates tag file in the wrong folder. Instead of creating ImageTags.txt inside of images/system/tumblr/ folder, it creates a "tumblr\ImageTags.txt" file in images/system/ folder.

picmode: Chat started responding to picmode command. Shows pictures, allows to vote on them. But it seems that it does not perform till the end with real files. The number of images in liked, normal, loved, tumblr folders remained the same, although i went through somewhere 20 files voting with different options, including 1(hate) which is supossed to delete file.

Step 3 Other suggestions:

Do not know if it creates problems on macOS/Linux, but I have noticed that you use freely names of folders not looking at case (i.e. /system/tumblr instead of /System/Tumblr). Seems that it does not create quickly identifieble problems as images are shown, so macOS recognize it, but maybe there is some deeper catch. Also on Linux I think this case-insentive approach will not work.

Debugging: I think for debugging it is good to have DMessage in the beginning of each module file with the name of the file, it is easier to follow what is running in what sequence:
DMessage("Running AreYouHappyToSeeMe.js");
DMessage("Running BehavingYourself.js");
DMessage("Running CheckOutThisPictureIFound.js");
DMessage("Running IGetTooExcited.js");
DMessage("Running IWasJustThinkingAboutYou.js");

Hope that helps :)
First, let me say thanks for the detailed descriptions you’re encountering and your interest in Mischevious. I developed and tested Mischevious on Windows so, I can see that there are issues happening on mac or linux. I’m currently on vacation but I’ll look into these issues and try to get a fix as soon as I can. I’m sorry your having issues. Hopefully I can resolve these shortly.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

lot5000 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:11 pm ski23: now the question about logic/structure of modules

There are so many teasing/stroking ways in Mischevious, that I need some explanation on the structure/modules and the logic behind.

1) Start/End is obvious - session starts with one of the Start modules, ends with End module.
2) Then we have Short/Medium/Long modules, which probably are based on time of teasing. Randomly selected or according to values in settings configuration ?
3) Fetishes/Games/Learning folders - they are for separate things, or are interchangeable with Short/Medium/Long modules in order to add variation to stroking :) ? If I want to have modules NOT connected to stroking (i.e. various chores, fitness exercises, non sexual punishment tasks (like writing assignments), study assignments (like "enroll into X course on...") - it is better to create modules within Modules folder, o to have separate folder for such things.
4) Links - do not quite well understand the idea behind links in comparison with Short/Medium/Long modules
5) Disabled - is this working folder to put not used modules, or is it another topic similar to Fetishes/Games/Learning ?

Thanks for explaining :) It can be your first input into tutorial for wanna be developers of modules :)
I can see how this could be a little confusing because the system you’re describing is still WIP. So, the idea behind the folder system gives a few benefits. The main reason i went this route is right now, I have a high proportion of short modules that are just variations of one edge or something. With all of them in one folder and no subfolders, these short modules were getting selected too often. With them in subfolders, I think it makes the flow better. I’m basing short, long, medium around how much the domme says, but it isnt super important whether a module is in the medium or long folder. The idea behind the fetishes folder is for things like you describe like chores and exercising. However, having more folders is completely up to you and if you can think of some more useful folders, I will add them. I’m not sure what you mean by links off the top of my head. I’ll look into this when I get back to my computer. And yea, the disabled folder is mainly for developers to put modules that are WIP so that they wont get run. I’ll make a much more detailed post for developers soon.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

ski23 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:31 pm
lot5000 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:11 pm ski23: now the question about logic/structure of modules

I can see how this could be a little confusing because the system you’re describing is still WIP. So, the idea behind the folder system gives a few benefits. The main reason i went this route is right now, I have a high proportion of short modules that are just variations of one edge or something. With all of them in one folder and no subfolders, these short modules were getting selected too often. With them in subfolders, I think it makes the flow better. I’m basing short, long, medium around how much the domme says, but it isnt super important whether a module is in the medium or long folder. The idea behind the fetishes folder is for things like you describe like chores and exercising. However, having more folders is completely up to you and if you can think of some more useful folders, I will add them. I’m not sure what you mean by links off the top of my head. I’ll look into this when I get back to my computer. And yea, the disabled folder is mainly for developers to put modules that are WIP so that they wont get run. I’ll make a much more detailed post for developers soon.
I forgot to mention, one of the main reasons for this structure is that eventually the personality will be able to choose what type of module is run instead of it being random. Also it would allow for stuff like the sub asking to play a game and it increasing the chance for a game module. This functionality was the other big reason I decided on this structure.
lot5000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lot5000 »

With so many opportunities around and so many different people wishes, it is very important to have a proper structure and not to forget to keep to it as work progresses.

What I will do while you are looking at errors and writing the guide:
1) I want to help you make progress towards "personality chooses what modules to run". One of the methods you started implementing already (mood, apathy). Another can be using some "storyline" (like Spicy does). To help with that I will try to develop some pilot modules in the Chores category - some practical tasks (i.e. cleaning kitchen/oven/toilet/windows for people living in FLR, or for men who live alone and need some additional external motivation *grin* to force themselves into doing such tasks + some edging modules in between as a reward.
2) I will try to put everything into some storyline, like Milovana webteases are developed. Have found several good blogs with real people stories - plenty of ideas to work on. Will use static pictures for that to make the stories more realistic. What I like and dislike at the same time in TeaseAI is randomness of everything. Sometimes this randomness distracts. What I want to achieve in the future is "controlled randomness" :) Like you did with stroking methods. Instead of static pictures in the future it will be possible to use categories/tags, but for now I will skip this part.
3) I will also put comments in the code, what can be added from the "kink" or from "decision making" perspective.
4) Occasionally I will have stupid questions which I was not able to figure out quickly enough myself. For you it will be quicker to answer. Based on those questions you will be able to improve comments in the code or explain in the guide. My first stupid question is: there are many stroking functions in personalityutils.js which are called from your modules: Stroking(), StartStroking(), CustomStroking(), not to mention internal ones like customStroke, etc. What is the main difference between them and what shall I use in the first place in my modules for: a) random approach (within the intervals set in settings); b) controlles approach - for example how to call stroking "stroke for 40 seconds at the speed 2 strokes per second" ?
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

lot5000 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:44 am With so many opportunities around and so many different people wishes, it is very important to have a proper structure and not to forget to keep to it as work progresses.

What I will do while you are looking at errors and writing the guide:
1) I want to help you make progress towards "personality chooses what modules to run". One of the methods you started implementing already (mood, apathy). Another can be using some "storyline" (like Spicy does). To help with that I will try to develop some pilot modules in the Chores category - some practical tasks (i.e. cleaning kitchen/oven/toilet/windows for people living in FLR, or for men who live alone and need some additional external motivation *grin* to force themselves into doing such tasks + some edging modules in between as a reward.
2) I will try to put everything into some storyline, like Milovana webteases are developed. Have found several good blogs with real people stories - plenty of ideas to work on. Will use static pictures for that to make the stories more realistic. What I like and dislike at the same time in TeaseAI is randomness of everything. Sometimes this randomness distracts. What I want to achieve in the future is "controlled randomness" :) Like you did with stroking methods. Instead of static pictures in the future it will be possible to use categories/tags, but for now I will skip this part.
3) I will also put comments in the code, what can be added from the "kink" or from "decision making" perspective.
4) Occasionally I will have stupid questions which I was not able to figure out quickly enough myself. For you it will be quicker to answer. Based on those questions you will be able to improve comments in the code or explain in the guide. My first stupid question is: there are many stroking functions in personalityutils.js which are called from your modules: Stroking(), StartStroking(), CustomStroking(), not to mention internal ones like customStroke, etc. What is the main difference between them and what shall I use in the first place in my modules for: a) random approach (within the intervals set in settings); b) controlles approach - for example how to call stroking "stroke for 40 seconds at the speed 2 strokes per second" ?
So to your point about the design and randomness and whatnot, the reason i did it this way is because originally Mischevious was Wicked Tease from TAI ported over to TAJ. However, Ive been adding functionality. That is why the design is like that. I agree with your 2nd and 3rd point. I was planning on working on this controlled randomness as well so anything you may be able to help with can help me work on other features. As to your 4th point, stroking is the method used to start stroking with the default message “start stroking”. Custom stroking does the same thing but you can use a different message than the default. StartStroking just starts stroking without necessarily waiting until the next module. You can see the code for these methods and some documentation in personalityutils.js. I hope this clarifies things a bit. Im glad to see your interest in developing for/with Mischevious. I’ll pm you my trello board for Mischevious with planned features and my skype so you can easily ask any questions you may have.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by GodDragon »

You should use java.io.File.seperator for your slashes inside you path strings to adjust them to the proper path seperator.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

GodDragon wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 pm You should use java.io.File.seperator for your slashes inside you path strings to adjust them to the proper path seperator.
yes, that is the plan.