[Tease Program] Tease-AI Java (1.4)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [Tease Program] Tease-AI Java

Post by GodDragon »

I will look into that issue tomorrow. I guess it is a quick fix.

I can also provide you with an example set tomorrow.

It might not show a picture because it is missing pictures with specific tags. The default image selector will show pictures based on the progress of the session which means you'll need pictures with the tag fully dressed for example. Take a look here:
https://github.com/GodDragoner/TeaseAIJ ... ector.java
Is everything else working correctly? Any features missing or bugs remaining? Really tuned for the first real TAJ personality.
I would also be interested in your opinion on TAJ in general compared to TAI. Regarding performance, features, coding (possibilities, learning curve) etc.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): Courtney
Sub/Slave(s): Courtney

Post by ski23 »

GodDragon wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:18 am I will look into that issue tomorrow. I guess it is a quick fix.

I can also provide you with an example set tomorrow.

It might not show a picture because it is missing pictures with specific tags. The default image selector will show pictures based on the progress of the session which means you'll need pictures with the tag fully dressed for example. Take a look here:
https://github.com/GodDragoner/TeaseAIJ ... ector.java
Is everything else working correctly? Any features missing or bugs remaining? Really tuned for the first real TAJ personality.
I would also be interested in your opinion on TAJ in general compared to TAI. Regarding performance, features, coding (possibilities, learning curve) etc.
I'll work on it some more tonight. I think everything else is working. However, I'm gonna try to get the image sets working properly on my end so I know if any of my showImage spots are interfering/getting interfered with by the domme set pictures. I can't really think of any features missing. There are a few functions that I had to implement myself because they were private in the java code so I couldnt call them. For instance, to be able to call startTyping in one of my custom chat methods, I had to use reflection which is not great long term but fine for now. I can't think of any bugs off the top of my head right now. I think the only one thing really thats slightly annoying is that if you press stop and the domme is waiting for an input, you have to enter an input. Thats a small thing though. Yea, I'm excited for this release as well. This specific one won't necessarily be the best personality that everyone will be using forever. However, the hope is that this personality, and the util files provided with it, will allow more people to start making bigger personalities and porting personalities over. I'll also be working on adding to this personality for several additions that I would like for it as well. As far as TAJ vs TAI, I think TAJ is superior to TAI in every way except that the gui could use some more options. I'll look into this eventually as well if you havent already. Regarding performance, TAJ appears to be faster and more importantly, much more stable. TAI was constantly crashing all the time. One recommendation I have that would help developers, however I'm not sure if it's technically possible, is that when there is an error in JavaScript, it is printed out to the log file. However, if there is a Java error, nothing is printed. I've been working with Java objects a lot so, I've spent a lot of time with debugger messages to find issues. If it is possible to relay Java error messages to the log file, that would increase debugging speed for me at least a fair amount. Regarding features, TAJ is getting comparable to all the features TAI had and some new ones as well. I think the one most important thing though that makes TAIJ better than TAI is that there are a lot more possibilities for creation. The fact that it uses javascript and can hook in with the Java code means that essentially anything is feasible. Meanwhile, what little scripting I did for TAI, felt limited and like I couldnt easily accomplish what I wanted. I think the learning curve is also probably easier than TAI as its javascript which has a lot more documentation on learning and also, the scripts for TAI were often cluddered, messy and hard to read. The one thing that was a bit difficult was learning how to port over the old script files. It is just a little bit weird because they essentially use the equivalent of a goto everywhere so tracking that down and converting it into actual code can be difficult at times. What might be nice is, eventually (loooonggg down the road), I (might) make a program that can parse the old script files and generate javascript code for TAJ. The one challenge I'm facing right now is that since I have been the one porting all of this over, I've spent lots of time with the code and the different script files so, I know how pretty much everything works which makes it feel more like algorithms when its running than an actual AI/personality. I've taken steps to improve on this and I will be taking more for future releases. As far as getting the ball rolling for developers to make more personalities, shortly after my personality release, I'll make a rather extensive documentation doc online with how to use all of the utils methods. I'll probably post around in some different threads and topics and let people be aware that there is a more stable, supported, version of TAI available. Overall, so far though, I've been able to accomplish everything I have wanted at a pretty good pace and you've been very supportive getting changes and bugfixes pushed fast.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

I did manage to get a simple image set to work by the way. The issue is that TAJ is disregarding the tagsfile if it sees any tag it isnt familiar with, and there are still a decent amount from TAI that arent in TAJ so, those will invalidate the entire set if any folder has a tagsfile with a single unsupported tag. If this is an easy fix you could look into this, otherwise, it doesnt really affect me at the moment, and I can fix it later. Eventually, it would probably make sense to merge some of or all of my tag utils into TAJ directly in java instead of javascript and that would make it easier to integrate in the gui as well. Thats a bit down the road though as I have higher priorities to getting this release and then building on it for a bit.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

As I've been messing around more, I've found what appears to be 2 bugs. The first one is probably pretty simple: The personality variables dont show up after running the program. They used to so I think this must have started in a more recent release. Also, idk if you can consider it a bug but, the supported personality variables dont show up in the list in between sessions. It would be kinda nice if the supported variables showed up so you could change them before a session without having to run and stop it first. It's not really a big deal for me but it might not be self-explanatory for someone who is new to the app. The second bug is probably harder to fix and so far, I haven't really been able to figure out a pattern of why it happens: Sometimes when I stop the current session by pressing stop, the whole app stops responding and gives the windows stop responding message and I have to force close it. I think its only happened to me so far from the stop button not anywhere in the code. I've tried stopping it at the same general area in the code to see if it mattered when I stopped it but, I havent been able to notice any real pattern yet. Hopefully I'll be able to release tomorrow. I still noticed what appears to be 1 bug in my personality so hopefully I can fix that tomorrow. Also tonight, I switched over to using getMillis for time tracking in the stroke method so it will be much more accurate. Tomorrow I'll have to fine tune that a bit more. If all of these things go well then hopefully I can release but, if not, I'll always be able to have a lot more time to work on it Friday, and on the weekend when I'm not at work.

EDIT: on the first bug btw, I can see the variables if I uncheck the only show supported variables box. They just dont show up as being supported.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

ski23 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 am I'll work on it some more tonight. I think everything else is working. However, I'm gonna try to get the image sets working properly on my end so I know if any of my showImage spots are interfering/getting interfered with by the domme set pictures. I can't really think of any features missing. There are a few functions that I had to implement myself because they were private in the java code so I couldnt call them. For instance, to be able to call startTyping in one of my custom chat methods, I had to use reflection which is not great long term but fine for now.
Excited for the first release. Oh I see. Well private is always meant to show that this method is not supposed to be called without care and I think it is right to keep them private because you are want customize many things which most personalities probably don't want to need. Furthermore reflection isn't impacting performance too much as long as you are caching the reflected method.
ski23 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 am I can't think of any bugs off the top of my head right now. I think the only one thing really thats slightly annoying is that if you press stop and the domme is waiting for an input, you have to enter an input. Thats a small thing though.
I should've improved that with the 1.0.6 update. Stopping while waiting for input should work.
ski23 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 am Yea, I'm excited for this release as well. This specific one won't necessarily be the best personality that everyone will be using forever. However, the hope is that this personality, and the util files provided with it, will allow more people to start making bigger personalities and porting personalities over. I'll also be working on adding to this personality for several additions that I would like for it as well.
Agree. It is a good baseline and will inspire and motivate others.
ski23 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 am As far as TAJ vs TAI, I think TAJ is superior to TAI in every way except that the gui could use some more options. I'll look into this eventually as well if you havent already. Regarding performance, TAJ appears to be faster and more importantly, much more stable. TAI was constantly crashing all the time. One recommendation I have that would help developers, however I'm not sure if it's technically possible, is that when there is an error in JavaScript, it is printed out to the log file. However, if there is a Java error, nothing is printed. I've been working with Java objects a lot so, I've spent a lot of time with debugger messages to find issues. If it is possible to relay Java error messages to the log file, that would increase debugging speed for me at least a fair amount. Regarding features, TAJ is getting comparable to all the features TAI had and some new ones as well. I think the one most important thing though that makes TAIJ better than TAI is that there are a lot more possibilities for creation. The fact that it uses javascript and can hook in with the Java code means that essentially anything is feasible. Meanwhile, what little scripting I did for TAI, felt limited and like I couldnt easily accomplish what I wanted. I think the learning curve is also probably easier than TAI as its javascript which has a lot more documentation on learning and also, the scripts for TAI were often cluddered, messy and hard to read. The one thing that was a bit difficult was learning how to port over the old script files. It is just a little bit weird because they essentially use the equivalent of a goto everywhere so tracking that down and converting it into actual code can be difficult at times. What might be nice is, eventually (loooonggg down the road), I (might) make a program that can parse the old script files and generate javascript code for TAJ. The one challenge I'm facing right now is that since I have been the one porting all of this over, I've spent lots of time with the code and the different script files so, I know how pretty much everything works which makes it feel more like algorithms when its running than an actual AI/personality. I've taken steps to improve on this and I will be taking more for future releases. As far as getting the ball rolling for developers to make more personalities, shortly after my personality release, I'll make a rather extensive documentation doc online with how to use all of the utils methods. I'll probably post around in some different threads and topics and let people be aware that there is a more stable, supported, version of TAI available. Overall, so far though, I've been able to accomplish everything I have wanted at a pretty good pace and you've been very supportive getting changes and bugfixes pushed fast.
Yea. Java errors in the log would be awesome. I am currently looking into it. Thanks for the honest and good feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you like it, enjoy it and experience it as much better.
ski23 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 am I did manage to get a simple image set to work by the way. The issue is that TAJ is disregarding the tagsfile if it sees any tag it isnt familiar with, and there are still a decent amount from TAI that arent in TAJ so, those will invalidate the entire set if any folder has a tagsfile with a single unsupported tag. If this is an easy fix you could look into this, otherwise, it doesnt really affect me at the moment, and I can fix it later. Eventually, it would probably make sense to merge some of or all of my tag utils into TAJ directly in java instead of javascript and that would make it easier to integrate in the gui as well. Thats a bit down the road though as I have higher priorities to getting this release and then building on it for a bit.
Not it just warns you about invalid tags but should not invalidate the file in anyway. Good to hear that you got it to work.
ski23 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:23 am As I've been messing around more, I've found what appears to be 2 bugs. The first one is probably pretty simple: The personality variables dont show up after running the program. They used to so I think this must have started in a more recent release. Also, idk if you can consider it a bug but, the supported personality variables dont show up in the list in between sessions. It would be kinda nice if the supported variables showed up so you could change them before a session without having to run and stop it first. It's not really a big deal for me but it might not be self-explanatory for someone who is new to the app. The second bug is probably harder to fix and so far, I haven't really been able to figure out a pattern of why it happens: Sometimes when I stop the current session by pressing stop, the whole app stops responding and gives the windows stop responding message and I have to force close it. I think its only happened to me so far from the stop button not anywhere in the code. I've tried stopping it at the same general area in the code to see if it mattered when I stopped it but, I havent been able to notice any real pattern yet. Hopefully I'll be able to release tomorrow. I still noticed what appears to be 1 bug in my personality so hopefully I can fix that tomorrow. Also tonight, I switched over to using getMillis for time tracking in the stroke method so it will be much more accurate. Tomorrow I'll have to fine tune that a bit more. If all of these things go well then hopefully I can release but, if not, I'll always be able to have a lot more time to work on it Friday, and on the weekend when I'm not at work.

EDIT: on the first bug btw, I can see the variables if I uncheck the only show supported variables box. They just dont show up as being supported.
Well the problem with the supported variables is that I'd have to add a method that is called when the personality is selected and not started because otherwise there is no way it could execute the given methods to register them as supported. But I will look into it. As you already noticed the "first bug" is no bug but rather caused by the supported variables thing.
I take a look at the stop thing. I have noticed that too however haven't been able to figure it out yet because stopping it in an environment like this is rather complicated.
Awesome. Very excited to hear this! If you need any help, feel free to ask me.

Regarding the tagged set: https://mega.nz/#!e64z3bTS!8Z5rQw_gW5n3 ... oDJJTpZUMc
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

1.0.8 release: https://mega.nz/#!XvolFLJD!ZD8DYjcfNXHI ... x1XCKNuBmE
Changes:
Fixed deadlock when stopping the session
Log now also shows java errors and furthermore it will no longer print "nul" characters
Fixed picture set crashing the program sometimes
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

GodDragon wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:25 pm 1.0.8 release: https://mega.nz/#!XvolFLJD!ZD8DYjcfNXHI ... x1XCKNuBmE
Changes:
Log now also shows java errors and furthermore it will no longer print "nul" characters
WOW thats some quick fixes. I’ll start looking at it in a second!
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

ski23 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:17 pm
GodDragon wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:25 pm 1.0.8 release: https://mega.nz/#!XvolFLJD!ZD8DYjcfNXHI ... x1XCKNuBmE
Changes:
Working on spicy now. Hows your progress going?
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

GodDragon wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:19 pm
Changes:
I'm still doing some more testing but, I think I might not have come off clear enough about the first bug thing. The issue is that, I am registering all of the variables as supported in the starter method and I have validated this as getting called. The variables show up with their descriptions and everything as being registered While the personality is running. However, when the personality stops, they no longer show up as being supported and their descriptions are gone. The other thing I was mentioning was about being able to essentially run the app once and have the variables still show up as being supported. Before a recent release, they would show up as being supported after a run of the personality once. However, they have always stopped showing up as being supported after TAJ, itself is closed. I don't think I did a very good job of clarifying that.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

ski23 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 pm

I'm still doing some more testing but, I think I might not have come off clear enough about the first bug thing. The issue is that, I am registering all of the variables as supported in the starter method and I have validated this as getting called. The variables show up with their descriptions and everything as being registered While the personality is running. However, when the personality stops, they no longer show up as being supported and their descriptions are gone. The other thing I was mentioning was about being able to essentially run the app once and have the variables still show up as being supported. Before a recent release, they would show up as being supported after a run of the personality once. However, they have always stopped showing up as being supported after TAJ, itself is closed. I don't think I did a very good job of clarifying that.
Ah I see what you are complaining about. I know what the issue is. This was a change I made to variables after temp variables weren't deleted after a session. I will see what I can do about that. But this shouldn't hinder you for now at all right?
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

:-O
GodDragon wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:00 am

Ah I see what you are complaining about. I know what the issue is. This was a change I made to variables after temp variables weren't deleted after a session. I will see what I can do about that. But this shouldn't hinder you for now at all right?
Nope! I'm looking over a few small timing issues. Unless I run into anything big that I haven't seen already, should have release out today! Oh also, when exactly is the domme supposed to show the dommeimages? Is it every time she types or some other frequency. I see them sometimes but it doesnt seem to have a pattern. Maybe that's intentional. Either way though, that doesnt affect my release right now.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

ski23 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:02 am :-O
Nope! I'm looking over a few small timing issues. Unless I run into anything big that I haven't seen already, should have release out today! Oh also, when exactly is the domme supposed to show the dommeimages? Is it every time she types or some other frequency. I see them sometimes but it doesnt seem to have a pattern. Maybe that's intentional. Either way though, that doesnt affect my release right now.
Everytime she sends a message unless the images are locked. However if your pool of images is too small it might tend to keep showing the same picture. However maybe your images are locked too. Don't know about that, you will have to test that.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

GodDragon wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:06 am
ski23 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:02 am :-O

Everytime she sends a message unless the images are locked. However if your pool of images is too small it might tend to keep showing the same picture. However maybe your images are locked too. Don't know about that, you will have to test that.
I found the issue. It's on my end. I rewrote a custom version of your sendmessage that takes in a text array instead of just a string and, I forgot to add the bit in there that shows the current domme image.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

I found a small thing. If you put the path to the current domme path in, it doesnt set it automatically; You have to restart the app and then it works. Also, for small things like this and bugs, could you add me to your trello board so I can add bugs and feature requests and whatnot. This is my trello username: Tyler (tyler44532077)
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

It's SOO close but I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

09:37:29 PM CHAT: 09:37 PM Madison: I knew I would get you with a little persistence *grin*
Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.StackOverflowError
	at me.goddragon.teaseai.api.picture.DressState.values(DressState.java:6)
	at me.goddragon.teaseai.api.picture.DressState.getNextLowerRank(DressState.java:25)
	at me.goddragon.teaseai.api.picture.PictureSet.getRandomPictureForStates(PictureSet.java:87)
	at me.goddragon.teaseai.api.picture.PictureSet.getRandomPictureForStates(PictureSet.java:91)
	at me.goddragon.teaseai.api.picture.PictureSet.getRandomPictureForStates(PictureSet.java:91)