[Tease Program] Tease-AI Java (1.4)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Courtney
Sub/Slave(s): Courtney

Re: [Tease Program] Tease-AI Java (1.0.13)

Post by ski23 »

timoth31 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:08 am Ok thanks for your answer.

So to answer the post from TAI general discussion.

When refreshing URL's that are in the file by default, it deletes every URL in the txt file, it also seems that mischevious isn't able to load an URL image, every time I play it's only my folders or the tumblr one that gets refilled (randomly?).
It's not game breaking, just that I don't understand why those two things happen
Ok, so let me give a brief explanation of how mischevious uses tumblr pictures. Mischevious never actually will get a file directly from the internet. Instead, it will download 100 at a time from url files into the tumblr folder. It will then display one from there. This behaves similarly to if you displayed it directly from the url file. Except it provides more options available for picking the pictures from the urls and ultimately can be used to prevent duplicate pictures. This also allows for use when offline. Mischevious still will be able to display url images if you make your own module or something though.
smargerbarg
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by smargerbarg »

That's quite strange. Does it load without mischevious installed? Did you check the log? Have you tried restarting it? Is your internet connection working?
I get the same message without mischievous installed. I don't see anywhere to check a log? or a way to restart it....

I downloaded tease AI JAVA then extracted files: Audio, Images, Personalities, Videos, TeaseAI.jar, TeaseAI.properties

I try opening TeaseAI.jar using Java but just get the never ending progress bar for checking personalities. have I screwed up in the download process? somehow missing files?
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

smargerbarg wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:35 pm
That's quite strange. Does it load without mischevious installed? Did you check the log? Have you tried restarting it? Is your internet connection working?
I get the same message without mischievous installed. I don't see anywhere to check a log? or a way to restart it....

I downloaded tease AI JAVA then extracted files: Audio, Images, Personalities, Videos, TeaseAI.jar, TeaseAI.properties

I try opening TeaseAI.jar using Java but just get the never ending progress bar for checking personalities. have I screwed up in the download process? somehow missing files?
Yea this is a TAJ bug not a Mischevious bug. Im not quite sure the issue but I believe GodDragon has some ideas.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

timoth31 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:08 am Ok thanks for your answer.

So to answer the post from TAI general discussion.

When refreshing URL's that are in the file by default, it deletes every URL in the txt file, it also seems that mischevious isn't able to load an URL image, every time I play it's only my folders or the tumblr one that gets refilled (randomly?).
It's not game breaking, just that I don't understand why those two things happen
Deletes everything and readds them?

Strange. Your internet connection is working? Well there should be a log folder inside your installation. Are you using java 10?
Try to do this: open cmd (windowskey + r) type cmd and press enter. Navigate to your TAJ director (where the java file is located). Type"driveletter:" (example: "D:") and press enter if you need to change your drive for that and then do "cd folder/folder2/folder3/..." and confirm. Then use java -jar TeaseAI.jar inside the folder where your installation is placed and tell me if any error shows up in cmd.
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by timoth31 »

When I click refresh URLs there is a small loading time, and when I select the same url, it says there are 0 files, but just before refreshing they were like 1000. And when I go check the txt file it's empty with just the tumblr page url, refreshing it again does nothing. I tried on both router and phone connection share it does the same, so it's not a connection problem. Maybe I did something wrong, but don't know what. And so I don't know if the pictures in the tumblr folder come from these deleted urls or all other.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

timoth31 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:24 pm When I click refresh URLs there is a small loading time, and when I select the same url, it says there are 0 files, but just before refreshing they were like 1000. And when I go check the txt file it's empty with just the tumblr page url, refreshing it again does nothing. I tried on both router and phone connection share it does the same, so it's not a connection problem. Maybe I did something wrong, but don't know what. And so I don't know if the pictures in the tumblr folder come from these deleted urls or all other.
Tumblr was bought by another company and now they want you to agree to their TOS everytime you fetch the API. Stupid stuff. Will look into what I can do about it. Original Tease AI will be broken then too.
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by timoth31 »

That would be cool, thanks a lot.
For now the original still updates and loads images from tumblr, so hope it won't change
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

I just released my guide on TAJUtils, a set of useful utils for creating modules and personalities with Tease AI Java. You can find that post here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21082&p=252630#p252630
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

timoth31 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:34 pm That would be cool, thanks a lot.
For now the original still updates and loads images from tumblr, so hope it won't change
It doesn't work for me with the original version either.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

I would appreciate it if everyone who has a second could fill out this one question poll for Tease AI Java:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21090
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

I just released 1.0.14. You can now play videos from an url, creating url files from tumblr is fixed and gifs are fixed too.

I added another message in 1.0.14. Can you test it (it should update automatically) and tell me whether you are stuck on loading personalities or finishing startup? And maybe take a look at the log please?

Edit:
1.0.15 released with a fix to the tumblr fetcher. It now fetches all of the images properly instead of just like 30.
Although notice that currently the fetcher is limited to 1k requests per hour because of the stupid new api. I am working on getting an unlimited api key but right now we (everyone) can only fetch up to 20k pics per hour. I already exceeded the limit with my testing just now sadly.

Edit 2:
Maybe we'll have to handle url files differently from now on. I will see what I can do.
genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Tease Program] Tease-AI Java (1.0.15)

Post by genome231 »

Hey Goddragon. :wave:

Just had a thought.
I would recommend writing the most basic of basic personalites for TAIJ.
I know the structure in TAIJ isn't fixed at all but it should start out like the old Tease-AI: I think it should contain:

main --> loading some basic functions like randomInteger etc. (again keeping it basic).
From main I would see it follow much the same cycle of the old Tease-AI like the:
Start --> stroking --> module --> link --> stroking --> module etc. until a certain amount of time has passed then it moves to an end.

As content goes it would be something like: 2 starts, 3 modules, 2 links and 1 end.
It should feature all the core functions of Tease-AI (display a picture, video. Play a sound. Set a date, check that date. Defining variables and using those variables. Do an edge etc.) and be heavily commented in the code, like really dumbed down.
With your skills I dont see this taking too long (A lot of the content could be stolen from Mischevious), but I think its time well spent in maybe getting new people to start playing and writing.

It should probably also be a package deal, with that meaning I click a download link and simply paste all the content (script, bits of picture and video) into Tease-AI Java, choose the personality and then it works.

Currently it can be quite intimidating for new people (including me), this is despite of an excellent wiki! (I really like the Wiki you've made, please expand that even more). I think creating a simple working personality would be a great asset for new people to play arround with.

Currently looking at Spicy or even Mischevious can be a bit overwhelming.

Let me know what you think! :-)

EDIT: SECOND THOUGHT
Please Please Please place a test button in TAIJ like there is in TAI where I choose a script and then it will run that script and nothing else (unless I've placed a run function in there).
This would be a great help in testing without having to change main all the time.

Cheers
Genome
Tribute to 1885 & those involved with Tease-AI.
Thank you for spending time on this awesome project! :-)
Tal123456
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Tal123456 »

This is a nice idea. I'll try to make a template personality how you described.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

genome231 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:18 am Hey Goddragon. :wave:

Just had a thought.
I know the structure in TAIJ isn't fixed at all but it should start out like the old Tease-AI: I think it should contain:

main --> loading some basic functions like randomInteger etc. (again keeping it basic).
From main I would see it follow much the same cycle of the old Tease-AI like the:
Start --> stroking --> module --> link --> stroking --> module etc. until a certain amount of time has passed then it moves to an end.

As content goes it would be something like: 2 starts, 3 modules, 2 links and 1 end.
It should feature all the core functions of Tease-AI (display a picture, video. Play a sound. Set a date, check that date. Defining variables and using those variables. Do an edge etc.) and be heavily commented in the code, like really dumbed down.
With your skills I dont see this taking too long (A lot of the content could be stolen from Mischevious), but I think its time well spent in maybe getting new people to start playing and writing.

It should probably also be a package deal, with that meaning I click a download link and simply paste all the content (script, bits of picture and video) into Tease-AI Java, choose the personality and then it works.

Currently it can be quite intimidating for new people (including me), this is despite of an excellent wiki! (I really like the Wiki you've made, please expand that even more). I think creating a simple working personality would be a great asset for new people to play arround with.

Please Please Please place a test button in TAIJ like there is in TAI where I choose a script and then it will run that script and nothing else (unless I've placed a run function in there).
This would be a great help in testing without having to change main all the time.

Cheers
Genome
This was basically exactly Mischevious before I added a bunch of features. This would take me a very small amount of time. I will release this for you. Also, I’m working on a TAJ developers guide as well thatll be out in a couple of days.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

genome231 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:18 am Hey Goddragon. :wave:

Just had a thought.

Cheers
Genome
Ski will take care of the basic personality for you. Thanks ski!
A test button though sounds good to me. I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion. What would you like to see in the wiki?