[Tease Program] Tease-AI Java (1.4)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Ldroamer
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Tease Program] Tease-AI Java

Post by Ldroamer »

Sounds like an interesting project. I will look forward to trying it out. A couple of questions. Will this support playing sound files like Tease-Ai currently does? This ability to start and stop sound files is of interest for various reasons. In my case it is because I like to dabble in estim from time to time and the device I use is driven by audio files.

The other question is whether an editor would be possible for script writing. I am thinking of something like the editor for Tease Me which simplified the creation of scripts. If you are basically clueless as I am when it comes to writing things like xml scripts etc. the editor was a real benefit as there was so much less to learn and decent results for the average joe are possible. I managed to create some fairly complicated Teaseme script using it. I think an editor would greatly increase the number of scripts that get created which would be great for everyone.
Ldroamer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ldroamer »

duck wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:17 am Should I take it my version is no longer necessary? You could have sent me a message though :)
No problem, I'll work on a different take on the theme then.
I am glad to hear your still working on something. If your still planning to produce something I for one would be very interested in seeing it. I think the more development that happens the better this whole thing is going to get.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by GodDragon »

duck wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:17 am Should I take it my version is no longer necessary? You could have sent me a message though :)
No problem, I'll work on a different take on the theme then.
Well this project started at the day I posted this thread so it was nothing that I planned for a long time. Sorry though, I thought you are not continuing your project. Of course feel free to fork the project and add stuff or another theme on your end. However the gui is currently still under heavy development.
Ldroamer wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:28 pm Sounds like an interesting project. I will look forward to trying it out. A couple of questions. Will this support playing sound files like Tease-Ai currently does? This ability to start and stop sound files is of interest for various reasons. In my case it is because I like to dabble in estim from time to time and the device I use is driven by audio files.

The other question is whether an editor would be possible for script writing. I am thinking of something like the editor for Tease Me which simplified the creation of scripts. If you are basically clueless as I am when it comes to writing things like xml scripts etc. the editor was a real benefit as there was so much less to learn and decent results for the average joe are possible. I managed to create some fairly complicated Teaseme script using it. I think an editor would greatly increase the number of scripts that get created which would be great for everyone.
Of course it will support that and it already does. If there is any feature missing or requested that needs a proper handling on the program side I will implement it. With proper handling I mean that many things can be easily implemented in javascript specificly for each personality without requiring me to do anything. However if the feature is overall solid and commonly used it will make more sense to offer it right off the bat on my end.

Well I could create one or offer a mod for notepad++. However there are many different javascript IDEs out there that scan your syntax and help you out while coding. The only thing that might be missing is "support" for the custom api methods provided by my program. All in all it is a point on my to do list but it is of pretty low priority.
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

I have only 1 suggestion: Try to make the setup easier.

I am talking about the required folders for pictures, audio and video.

While its great the freedom to pick any folder for the Domme, I saw a lot of confusion on how to setup everything. Maybe in the instalation process, make the user select all the required folders (maybe a option to create a folder with all subfolders, so he can put pictures there later)

In the same category, make the personalities with some assist instalation (putting all the folders/files in the correct place, and checking if all requires are ok.
Ldroamer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ldroamer »

GodDragon wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:51 pm
Well I could create one or offer a mod for notepad++. However there are many different javascript IDEs out there that scan your syntax and help you out while coding. The only thing that might be missing is "support" for the custom api methods provided by my program. All in all it is a point on my to do list but it is of pretty low priority.
That makes good sense. I will have to look into the IDE's to see if it is something that a total noob like me might be able to use to create a script. When the program gets ready maybe you can provide a couple of pointers for noobs like me so we can read up on the scripting language and tools and try and learn how to use them.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

avatarbr wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:58 am I have only 1 suggestion: Try to make the setup easier.

I am talking about the required folders for pictures, audio and video.

While its great the freedom to pick any folder for the Domme, I saw a lot of confusion on how to setup everything. Maybe in the instalation process, make the user select all the required folders (maybe a option to create a folder with all subfolders, so he can put pictures there later)

In the same category, make the personalities with some assist instalation (putting all the folders/files in the correct place, and checking if all requires are ok.
Good idea. There will be an easy to use setup if you want to use it at least :)
Ldroamer wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:19 pm
GodDragon wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:51 pm
That makes good sense. I will have to look into the IDE's to see if it is something that a total noob like me might be able to use to create a script. When the program gets ready maybe you can provide a couple of pointers for noobs like me so we can read up on the scripting language and tools and try and learn how to use them.
Yes there will be example for all api methods and even more. Also you can just look at the spicy code afterwards to see how I handled different things. But yes, there will be in depth documentation and also some suggestions when it comes to IDEs and stuff.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

Okay, I have a design related question: Do you think stuff like domme level, apathy and orgasm chance is an option that is supposed to be handled on the end of the tease or should I provide options for that? I kinda think each personality should implement its own options when it comes to this.
Kyros
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kyros »

GodDragon wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:16 pm Okay, I have a design related question: Do you think stuff like domme level, apathy and orgasm chance is an option that is supposed to be handled on the end of the tease or should I provide options for that? I kinda think each personality should implement its own options when it comes to this.
The teases should definitely handle this on their own. I was going to remove a lot of the configuration options when I was working on a version of this because most of the teases already handle them on their own.
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

First of all, thank you for doing this! This is a huge undertaking but I think that it will open the doors wide for new material.

As for the settings, I agree that the teases largely handle this on their own, but there should be some mechanism to allow the user to modify these settings. As a way to have your cake and eat it too, could you put in a mechanism to lock these options out for a certain period of time? There is a similar feature in the current version for Max number of orgasms over x time. Using something like that to say, "lock done settings for x days/weeks/months/years" allows those who want to give up that level of control the ability to do so while allowing the freedom to change for those who don't.

Again, thanks. I keep checking daily to see if this is live yet! :w00t:
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

Kyros wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:54 am
GodDragon wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:16 pm Okay, I have a design related question: Do you think stuff like domme level, apathy and orgasm chance is an option that is supposed to be handled on the end of the tease or should I provide options for that? I kinda think each personality should implement its own options when it comes to this.
The teases should definitely handle this on their own. I was going to remove a lot of the configuration options when I was working on a version of this because most of the teases already handle them on their own.
Good to know. Thanks. I was thinking the same.
BoundSquirrel wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:15 pm First of all, thank you for doing this! This is a huge undertaking but I think that it will open the doors wide for new material.

As for the settings, I agree that the teases largely handle this on their own, but there should be some mechanism to allow the user to modify these settings. As a way to have your cake and eat it too, could you put in a mechanism to lock these options out for a certain period of time? There is a similar feature in the current version for Max number of orgasms over x time. Using something like that to say, "lock done settings for x days/weeks/months/years" allows those who want to give up that level of control the ability to do so while allowing the freedom to change for those who don't.

Again, thanks. I keep checking daily to see if this is live yet! :w00t:
Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated. Well the personality can provide options to change these things on its own. However I was also planning on giving some kind of way to provide an easy to use api that will provide the user with a gui that allows you to change the selected options. We'll see about that. Locking can also be done on the personality end.

Nice to hear that you are thrilled :)
flying1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by flying1 »

Great! The option of moving to ANY system is GREAT. Also the IDEs use not so much space.
GodDragon wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:33 pm
Tease-AI Java
Welcome to the offical thread of the Tease-AI Java program
About
Tease-AI Java is a program written in Java that tries to imitate the experience of the original Tease AI. Unlike its ancestor it is cross-plattform compatible so it runs on Linux, Windows, Mac and maybe even Android/Internet Browser in the future.
It uses javascript as the scripting language and thus supports mods and allows major interaction with the core software. Modifying guis, downloading stuff or interactive games - there is basicly nothing that it can't do.
Of course it features a lightweight scripting api and learning curve. You will be able to create and modify personalities with ease but it will also allow you to do more advanced stuff if you are into it. Tutorials for stuff like that can be found all over the internet because the only thing you need to look into is javascript and partly java.
And I think that it will be great to see python version too)
Kyros wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:29 am I had actually started a program like this but didn't get too far into it. It's written in python using pyqt5 and also uses python as the scripting language. I'm going to abandon that project and I'll try to help out on this one if I get some time.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

lalono wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:43 am Hi)
Maybe you could write something like tasks or create board in trello with features you want to implement and i or somebody else will help you by sending merge requests)

Just now its not very clear what i may to do, and on what you working now)
Do you have java experience and can help me with the actual code or are you looking into writing a personality? Yes I'll add a trello page soon.
flying1 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:43 pm Great! The option of moving to ANY system is GREAT. Also the IDEs use not so much space.
GodDragon wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:33 pm
Tease-AI Java
Welcome to the offical thread of the Tease-AI Java program
About
Tease-AI Java is a program written in Java that tries to imitate the experience of the original Tease AI. Unlike its ancestor it is cross-plattform compatible so it runs on Linux, Windows, Mac and maybe even Android/Internet Browser in the future.
It uses javascript as the scripting language and thus supports mods and allows major interaction with the core software. Modifying guis, downloading stuff or interactive games - there is basicly nothing that it can't do.
Of course it features a lightweight scripting api and learning curve. You will be able to create and modify personalities with ease but it will also allow you to do more advanced stuff if you are into it. Tutorials for stuff like that can be found all over the internet because the only thing you need to look into is javascript and partly java.
And I think that it will be great to see python version too)
Kyros wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:29 am I had actually started a program like this but didn't get too far into it. It's written in python using pyqt5 and also uses python as the scripting language. I'm going to abandon that project and I'll try to help out on this one if I get some time.
Kinda useless to create another version, especially if the languages don't match and thus personalities won't be compatible with the other version. But yea, the windows only support was quite annoying.
fusiontermite
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by fusiontermite »

GodDragon wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:14 pm Do you have java experience and can help me with the actual code or are you looking into writing a personality? Yes I'll add a trello page soon.
Hi,

Since you also posted in it, I suppose you are aware of duck's feature request thread. Just wanted to make sure it's not forgotten :-)
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

fusiontermite wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:18 pm
GodDragon wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:14 pm Do you have java experience and can help me with the actual code or are you looking into writing a personality? Yes I'll add a trello page soon.
Hi,

Since you also posted in it, I suppose you are aware of duck's feature request thread. Just wanted to make sure it's not forgotten :-)
Yea thanks! Most of the requested features can be handled on the personality end and don't have to be done on my end. However I will look into it.

https://trello.com/b/gXFzrQvy/tease-ai-java This is the trello link. Feel free to requests stuff there.
lotar232
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lotar232 »

one other feature request (or perhaps operational Norm to establish):

come up with a simple modular way to deliver new modules of content/updates to an existing script... I.e. if you add a module that uses specific images/Audio/Video, come up with a way to deliver the bundle of content to a user without them having to download 3-4 different zips from mega...

perhaps this might be a way to reference ./ in showimage call in a script, and keep all the modules in their own directory with their own content.. or a way to unpack a module update and put new content in defined module subdirectories in the existing image/video/audio locations...

I think if you architect something like this up front, it will encourage a lot more add-on contributions to existing scripts/frameworks that can be more easily shared..