[Tease Program] Tease-AI Java (1.4)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

lot5000
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Tease Program] Tease-AI Java (1.0.15)

Post by lot5000 »

2 Genome

1) I liked Spicy, but because it is half baked I have jumped to Mischievous, which is de facto default personality for TAJ.
2) I still like Spicy more because of the "story telling" attitude and not just "stroking and edging", but because SKI is investing his time into developing instructions and is responding quickly, I have switched my efforts on modules for Mischevious, which later can be transferred into Spicy. But I look who develops what on Spicy (i.e. anal, exercises, positions) in order not to overlap. So I have chosen "chores" theme. BTW it will be nice to have separate thread on Spicy, like Ski made for Mischevious: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20913 . On GitHub I see that some people are doing something, but i doubt if they coordinating their efforts.
3) As I told SKI is making instructions. From what I have seen it is very detailed step by step to those who have less experience. So my suggestion is to wait till he releases it. Part of instructions are already there: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21082&hilit=TAJ

2 God dragon:

What I started doing with TAJ, is playing with GUI, trying to develop a dark theme. My main challenge is that many things are hardcoded into controller.java or lazysubcontroller.java. It is very difficult to change and I have already broke the system maybe 15 times trying to do that. If you would have time to review those controllers and make them more modular, in a way that most things can be designed in SceneBuilder without touching a lot of JAVA, and for those things which DO touch JAVA, there is an instruction on wiki (like: if I do not want to use grid in design, I can switch to AnchorPane or BorderPane; if I want to separate Lazy Sub from Dynamic Answers and to have those dynamic answers on the right or at the bottom instead of left with fixed width - I can do this; If I want to have SubName, DomName and DomImage fields in another Settings controler - I can easily do that without breaking everything). That will be wonderful ! The hardest thing to me is buttons. I can't reproduce it, but after my experiments - sometimes Start button works perfect, but then all Lazy Sub and Dynamic Answer menus do not respond, sometimes those menu do respond, but then Start button just shows mouse over picture, but do not take action on clicks. Thanks for any help you can provide.
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Courtney
Sub/Slave(s): Courtney

Post by ski23 »

lot5000 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:20 pm 2 Genome

1) I liked Spicy, but because it is half baked I have jumped to Mischievous, which is de facto default personality for TAJ.
2) I still like Spicy more because of the "story telling" attitude and not just "stroking and edging", but because SKI is investing his time into developing instructions and is responding quickly, I have switched my efforts on modules for Mischevious, which later can be transferred into Spicy. But I look who develops what on Spicy (i.e. anal, exercises, positions) in order not to overlap. So I have chosen "chores" theme. BTW it will be nice to have separate thread on Spicy, like Ski made for Mischevious: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20913 . On GitHub I see that some people are doing something, but i doubt if they coordinating their efforts.
3) As I told SKI is making instructions. From what I have seen it is very detailed step by step to those who have less experience. So my suggestion is to wait till he releases it. Part of instructions are already there: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21082&hilit=TAJ

2 God dragon:

What I started doing with TAJ, is playing with GUI, trying to develop a dark theme. My main challenge is that many things are hardcoded into controller.java or lazysubcontroller.java. It is very difficult to change and I have already broke the system maybe 15 times trying to do that. If you would have time to review those controllers and make them more modular, in a way that most things can be designed in SceneBuilder without touching a lot of JAVA, and for those things which DO touch JAVA, there is an instruction on wiki (like: if I do not want to use grid in design, I can switch to AnchorPane or BorderPane; if I want to separate Lazy Sub from Dynamic Answers and to have those dynamic answers on the right or at the bottom instead of left with fixed width - I can do this; If I want to have SubName, DomName and DomImage fields in another Settings controler - I can easily do that without breaking everything). That will be wonderful ! The hardest thing to me is buttons. I can't reproduce it, but after my experiments - sometimes Start button works perfect, but then all Lazy Sub and Dynamic Answer menus do not respond, sometimes those menu do respond, but then Start button just shows mouse over picture, but do not take action on clicks. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Like you mentioned, yes, I’m working on a detailed Developers guide for TAJ that will hopefully be out soon. One thing that may not be obvious to a lot of people is that while Mischevious might seem a bit boring still right now as a user, that is really only because I havent spent much time on modules. Instead Ive spent a lot of time on making the personality and the system very stable with lots of possibilities so that when I go to make more modules and hopefully others as well, it will all be fully polished. As to your questions about GUI stuff, I know GodDragon is working on or is planning to work on soon a way for personalities to take advantage of guis in javascript. As for the theme thing, I am already planning to eventually add a customization for the theme and you can choose the colors in one of the settings menu. As for the lazy sub menu and moving buttons or creating other menus, thats a bit more complicated. If you PM me or message me on skype, I can help walk you through that stuff.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by GodDragon »

2 God dragon:

You can modify the colors etc. of the gui easily by using a css stylesheet.
lotar232
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lotar232 »

, I have switched my efforts on modules for Mischevious, which later can be transferred into Spicy. But I look who develops what on Spicy (i.e. anal, exercises, positions) in order not to overlap. So I have chosen "chores" theme. BTW it will be nice to have separate thread on Spicy, like Ski made for Mischevious: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20913 . On GitHub I see that some people are doing something, but i doubt if they coordinating their efforts.
I've started a spicy developer thread here to coordinate porting efforts:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21099
genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by genome231 »

GodDragon wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:16 pm Ski will take care of the basic personality for you. Thanks ski!
A test button though sounds good to me. I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion. What would you like to see in the wiki?
Thanks Ski!
Looking forward to it :)

Great with the test button!!, because it will also ease some of the learning for me, when trying out different stuff, so please put a priority on that (thank you :-) ).

As for the Wiki, I mostly miss like a "convert from TAI to TAIJ" (Like you're used to be doing this, now it works like this:), covering and explaining the essential stuff:
Essential stuff being:
Create a variable, create a flag, check a variable, check a flag.
You can no longer do @Goto(), instead you have options like ... etc etc etc
But if Ski is writing something related to this it probably wont be needed :-)

I also have a few requests other than a test function, which is:
The ability to create buttons, I have a few ideas for creating some games, but they would function a lot better if the sub instead of having to type input could simply click a button.
As for placement I'd do it in the left side where there is already space.

Full screen mode: In TAI you can hold ctrl + f and go fullscreen. Which would be neat to have here as well.

Easy way to change appearance like color, etc in settings, like there is in TAI.

BTW when I click "File" inside TAIJ nothing pops up, it's basically a dead button, Is that intentional?

Best regards
Genome
Tribute to 1885 & those involved with Tease-AI.
Thank you for spending time on this awesome project! :-)
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

genome231 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:44 pm
GodDragon wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:16 pm Ski will take care of the basic personality for you. Thanks ski!
A test button though sounds good to me. I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion. What would you like to see in the wiki?
Thanks Ski!
Looking forward to it :)

Great with the test button!!, because it will also ease some of the learning for me, when trying out different stuff, so please put a priority on that (thank you :-) ).

As for the Wiki, I mostly miss like a "convert from TAI to TAIJ" (Like you're used to be doing this, now it works like this:), covering and explaining the essential stuff:
Essential stuff being:
Create a variable, create a flag, check a variable, check a flag.
You can no longer do @Goto(), instead you have options like ... etc etc etc
But if Ski is writing something related to this it probably wont be needed :-)

I also have a few requests other than a test function, which is:
The ability to create buttons, I have a few ideas for creating some games, but they would function a lot better if the sub instead of having to type input could simply click a button.
As for placement I'd do it in the left side where there is already space.

Full screen mode: In TAI you can hold ctrl + f and go fullscreen. Which would be neat to have here as well.

Easy way to change appearance like color, etc in settings, like there is in TAI.

BTW when I click "File" inside TAIJ nothing pops up, it's basically a dead button, Is that intentional?

Best regards
Genome
I will try to add something like that in the future. Sounds like a good idea to me. If you just want to add buttons you might be able to use answers and their lazy sub interface integration for now: sendInput(String message, String... options) -> https://github.com/GodDragoner/TeaseAIJ ... at-Methods
However I am planning on adding an easy way to modify or add guis too.

The file button has currently no usage yet. I never really found a good option that I could put there, however it might become useful when I add the run file option.
fusiontermite
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by fusiontermite »

Hey,

I'm unable to start the program. I opened the TeaseAI.jar file, but the windows that appears afterwards gets stuck with "checking personalities". I had that problem with both the "clean" TAJ 1.0.12 version and also after I copied the Mischievous personality into the "Personalities" folder. The problem also appears regardless of whether I choose to upgrade or not. I have Windows 10 and Java 10 installed. (I didn't encounter this problem on macOS about two months ago...)

Thanks!
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

fusiontermite wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:10 pm Hey,

I'm unable to start the program. I opened the TeaseAI.jar file, but the windows that appears afterwards gets stuck with "checking personalities". I had that problem with both the "clean" TAJ 1.0.12 version and also after I copied the Mischievous personality into the "Personalities" folder. The problem also appears regardless of whether I choose to upgrade or not. I have Windows 10 and Java 10 installed. (I didn't encounter this problem on macOS about two months ago...)

Thanks!
What does the log inside the log folder tell you?
fusiontermite
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by fusiontermite »

GodDragon wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:48 pm
I don't see any log folder... I checked within the .jar archive and also in the AppData folder..

I downloaded TAJ 1.0.12 and unzipped the archive which contains 4 folders (Audio, Images, Personalities, Videos) and two files (TeaseAI.jar, TeaseAI.properties). I did not unzip the .jar file but opened it with Java (from my understanding, that's what I have to do...). There is no log folder, neither as a folder under windows nor in the .jar archive..
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

fusiontermite wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:32 pm
GodDragon wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:48 pm
I don't see any log folder... I checked within the .jar archive and also in the AppData folder..

I downloaded TAJ 1.0.12 and unzipped the archive which contains 4 folders (Audio, Images, Personalities, Videos) and two files (TeaseAI.jar, TeaseAI.properties). I did not unzip the .jar file but opened it with Java (from my understanding, that's what I have to do...). There is no log folder, neither as a folder under windows nor in the .jar archive..
It should create a log folder after you started it once.
EDIT: Did it prompt you with a request to update to 1.0.15 after you freshly installed 1.0.12 from the rar?
EDIT2: Okay I added the newest 1.0.15 buiild to the thread (before I relied on auto updating but people that download it for the first time should start with the newest version right?): https://mega.nz/#!v2AUgIQY!gkF5Qqo4Vl3K ... Z9pSlmi0VQ Try this and tell me if it still gets stuck.
SoClose68
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SoClose68 »

I'm also stuck on the "checking personalities" screen. Not sure what's going on, but I have the latest build freshly installed. Not super technical so I don't really know what to post to corroborate this.

Thanks!
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

SoClose68 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:39 am I'm also stuck on the "checking personalities" screen. Not sure what's going on, but I have the latest build freshly installed. Not super technical so I don't really know what to post to corroborate this.

Thanks!
Can you post your log file?
lot5000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lot5000 »

Question about naming conventions in writing scripts

After playing with old TAI visual basic scripts and trying to convert them - I got confused a bit what is the proper way to convert names of variables, functions, whatever else.

Currently I use uppercase letter in the beginning of variables and lowercase in the beginning of functions:
1) My examples:
setDate("ChoresPeriod");
setVar("HasPerformedChores", true);
function startVacuumRoomPreparation() {}

2) In code by others (like lotar232) I see this:
setDate("ExercisePeriod");
setDate("workoutperiod", setDate().addHour(-20));
if(getDate("LastExercise").after(getDate("workoutperiod")))

or this (like GodDragon ?):
toy = "finger";
dildoPlay = false;
const VARIABLE_STROKE_TRAINING_ACTIVE = "strokeTrainingActive";

3) When I use Ski converter, everything converts with uppercase:
if (getVar("FirstChoreRun", false)){
FirstChoreRun();
}

So what is the correct/recommended/agreed way to name variables, functions and [insert your own] in personality scripts ?
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

lot5000 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:00 am Question about naming conventions in writing scripts

After playing with old TAI visual basic scripts and trying to convert them - I got confused a bit what is the proper way to convert names of variables, functions, whatever else.

Currently I use uppercase letter in the beginning of variables and lowercase in the beginning of functions:
1) My examples:
setDate("ChoresPeriod");

toy = "finger";
dildoPlay = false;

FirstChoreRun();
}

So what is the correct/recommended/agreed way to name variables, functions and [insert your own] in personality scripts ?
Well TAJ variable and flag names aren't case sensitive. So setVar('test') and getVar('TEST') will work.
As far as I am concerned I am trying to stick to the google js style conventions: https://google.github.io/styleguide/javascriptguide.xml
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

GodDragon wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:11 pm
lot5000 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:00 am Question about naming conventions in writing scripts

1) My examples:
setDate("ChoresPeriod");

toy = "finger";
dildoPlay = false;

FirstChoreRun();
}

Well TAJ variable and flag names aren't case sensitive. So setVar('test') and getVar('TEST') will work.
As far as I am concerned I am trying to stick to the google js style conventions: https://google.github.io/styleguide/javascriptguide.xml
The naming conventions dont matter but generally, I try to stick to classes/File names start capital, method are camelCase, variables are also camelCase, static variables are all caps. I know a lot of Mischevious doesnt adhere to this and I’ll go through and clean it up soon.