[Tease Program] Tease-AI Java (1.4)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Tease Program] Tease-AI Java (1.0.13)

Post by genome231 »

Thanks.

A new question.
If I understand it correctly having a load.js file in the personality root system means that as soon as I in TAJ choose the personality from the dropdown menu, it will run the load.js file?
Meaning I can use this file to create all my variables?

Best regards
Genome
Tribute to 1885 & those involved with Tease-AI.
Thank you for spending time on this awesome project! :-)
genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by genome231 »

Expect me to slowly spam this thread whenever I have a question xD

So I managed to make TAJ create a variable and show it in settings, with a description and also a value.

2 problems seems to occur for me:
1: It doesn't assign it the value I give it: 200, the value is 481 for some reason?
2: How can I print the variable in chat? Tried sendMessage("You have" merits "merits"); which didn't work :)

Genome
genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by genome231 »

Me again :wave:

From main I run a file I call systemFunctions
In this function I've written a simple randomInteger function

Code: Select all

sendMessage("This is system functions",0);
function randomInteger(min , max) {
	return Math.floor(Math.random() * (max - min)) + min; 
}
Will this function now work whereever I use it in my personality?

Genome
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by GodDragon »

genome231 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:18 am Thanks.

A new question.
If I understand it correctly having a load.js file in the personality root system means that as soon as I in TAJ choose the personality from the dropdown menu, it will run the load.js file?
Meaning I can use this file to create all my variables?

Best regards
Genome
You can use the load.js file to register the variables yes, however you cannot access anything code-wise that was only executed in the load js file. Say you have this line in the load.js file:

let points = 1000;
Even though load.js was run you cannot access the variable "points" in the code which is executed when the personality is run (main.js or other files). This is because load.js and main.js are run on a new instance of the code interpreter which means main.js does not know anything that was executed in load.js and vice versa.
genome231 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 am Expect me to slowly spam this thread whenever I have a question xD

So I managed to make TAJ create a variable and show it in settings, with a description and also a value.

2 problems seems to occur for me:
1: It doesn't assign it the value I give it: 200, the value is 481 for some reason?
2: How can I print the variable in chat? Tried sendMessage("You have" merits "merits"); which didn't work :)

Genome
1. This seems strange. What variable is it and where do you assign the value?
2. You can do it like this: sendMessage("You have " + getVar("merits") + " merits"); if it is a variable you set using setVar("merits", 100) (TAJ internal variable) for example. If it is a code only var like let merits = 100 you can do:
sendMessage("You have " + merits + " merits");
genome231 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:01 am Me again :wave:

From main I run a file I call systemFunctions
In this function I've written a simple randomInteger function

sendMessage("This is system functions",0);
function randomInteger(min , max) {
	return Math.floor(Math.random() * (max - min)) + min; 
}
Will this function now work whereever I use it in my personality?

Genome
Yes once the file containing the function was run at least once you can call the function from wherever you want.
lot5000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lot5000 »

In one place I want to have customized type speed in order to speed up long chat messages.

Now I have implemented it this way:

---
setTypeSpeed("INSTANT");

sendMessage("Long text");

setTypeSpeed("MEDIUM");

---

But before setting instant speed I want to get default speed from configuration and instead of hardcoding MEDIUM after my text was run, to set TypeSpeed back to the default speed from configuration ?
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): Courtney
Sub/Slave(s): Courtney

Post by ski23 »

lot5000 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:39 pm In one place I want to have customized type speed in order to speed up long chat messages.

---
setTypeSpeed("INSTANT");

setTypeSpeed("MEDIUM");

---

But before setting instant speed I want to get default speed from configuration and instead of hardcoding MEDIUM after my text was run, to set TypeSpeed back to the default speed from configuration ?
I also had this question at one point. i believe there is a getTypeSpeed method or something. Might have to have GodDragon confirm though.
Tal123456
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Tal123456 »

Hey. I'm not confident in my writing but i can code. Is there any way I could help out?

Btw, something I found a little strange: when I use sendInput with dynamic answers, the dynamic answers only show up after I type an answer. Is that meant to happen?
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

Tal123456 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:18 pm Hey. I'm not confident in my writing but i can code. Is there any way I could help out?

Btw, something I found a little strange: when I use sendInput with dynamic answers, the dynamic answers only show up after I type an answer. Is that meant to happen?
I’ll look into this. Also, very shortly I’ll be releasing a developer guide to creating modules and whatnot. Stay tuned for that.
lot5000
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lot5000 »

Tal123456 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:18 pm Hey. I'm not confident in my writing but i can code. Is there any way I could help out?

When I raised the similar question, the answer was - help to write modules for Mischevious personality.

In my opinion TeaseAI JAVA is already a robust product, well documented. What it lacks is default personality. And closest to release is Mischevious personality.

Therefore I have jumped into playing with modules for Mischevious. As no-programmer I face two problems: a) elegant code (instead of writing something elegant and short, I write a lot of duplicating steps, or hardcode something instead of using variables); b) lack of higher level programming knowledge (i can write text, show pictures, play sounds, but when it comes to more sophisticated decision making algorithms - it is too difficult to me). In my written code I will write comments with TODO: - and people like you (with programming skills) can pick what they want to implement and implement it. I will share something next week.

Or you can look yourself at two personalities in progress and decide what to improve:
1) Mischevious: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20913
2) Spicy: https://github.com/GodDragoner/Spicy-TAJ-Personality
ski23
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ski23 »

lot5000 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:58 pm

When I raised the similar question, the answer was - help to write modules for Mischevious personality.

In my opinion TeaseAI JAVA is already a robust product, well documented. What it lacks is default personality. And closest to release is Mischevious personality.

Therefore I have jumped into playing with modules for Mischevious. As no-programmer I face two problems: a) elegant code (instead of writing something elegant and short, I write a lot of duplicating steps, or hardcode something instead of using variables); b) lack of higher level programming knowledge (i can write text, show pictures, play sounds, but when it comes to more sophisticated decision making algorithms - it is too difficult to me). In my written code I will write comments with TODO: - and people like you (with programming skills) can pick what they want to implement and implement it. I will share something next week.

Or you can look yourself at two personalities in progress and decide what to improve:
1) Mischevious: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20913
2) Spicy: https://github.com/GodDragoner/Spicy-TAJ-Personality
Mischevious is officially released btw. It was originally created as a converted version of Wicked Tease from TAI. However, Ive been adding features and whatnot to make it better.
smargerbarg
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by smargerbarg »

hello when I try and open the program I just get a message with a never ending progress bar that says "checking personalities" I have java 10 downloaded and I have the mischievous personality downloaded. any help would be appreciated. thank you
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

lot5000 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:39 pm In one place I want to have customized type speed in order to speed up long chat messages.

---
setTypeSpeed("INSTANT");

setTypeSpeed("MEDIUM");

---

There is indeed getTypeSpeed(). So you'd get the type speed before you change it, store it in a var and then restore it.

What exactly do you mean with dynamic answers? Can you show me a code example? And maybe what you want to achieve? After sendInput is called it either pauses the code until it times out or until a message was send by the user.
smargerbarg wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:39 pm hello when I try and open the program I just get a message with a never ending progress bar that says "checking personalities" I have java 10 downloaded and I have the mischievous personality downloaded. any help would be appreciated. thank you
That's quite strange. Does it load without mischevious installed? Did you check the log? Have you tried restarting it? Is your internet connection working?
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by timoth31 »

Is there any Image/Video/Sound files premade for Spicy, like the one for Spicy reborn? Or can I simply extract the files from SR the same way I did for Spicy Reborn? It's a bit of a pain to get everything ready with my lost in the country side level internet ^^
Thanks!
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

timoth31 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:40 am Is there any Image/Video/Sound files premade for Spicy, like the one for Spicy reborn? Or can I simply extract the files from SR the same way I did for Spicy Reborn? It's a bit of a pain to get everything ready with my lost in the country side level internet ^^
Thanks!
Spicy for TAJ will use almost the same media files however it does not work yet. There is no way you can use my spicy port with TAJ yet. Stick to Mischevious for now.
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by timoth31 »

Ok thanks for your answer.

So to answer the post from TAI general discussion.

When refreshing URL's that are in the file by default, it deletes every URL in the txt file, it also seems that mischevious isn't able to load an URL image, every time I play it's only my folders or the tumblr one that gets refilled (randomly?).
It's not game breaking, just that I don't understand why those two things happen