Teasing software, the requests

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Teasing software, the requests

Post by GodDragon »

duck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 am basim

- text to speech should be possible

- encrypting variables - I can think of two options
- 1.) encrypt whole script files, which will slow down the software a little, but will render them unreadable without a decryption key, so it's quite safe and cheat-proof
- 2.) introduce a mechanism to check if the files were tempered with manually or not.. Something like comparing checksum to verify data integrity

- what do you mean by breaking the loop and having more control over the session length? Can you elaborate on these two?
Encryption is completely useless. To begin with, why don't let people that want to cheat cheat? And furthermore why don't let people read the scripts to learn and fix something? You know the best way to tackle such a private project is to make it open source especially if there is no reason to trust you by default. This is a community not a capitalistic company and thus we don't need to encrypt stuff. We try to help each other and that is why we have open source projects where everybody can contribute and learn from. If you really want to cheat you can always cheat anyway.
Last edited by GodDragon on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pepsifreak
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepsifreak »

I'd hope there isn't a whole lot "security" because I like to note typos and errors during sessions and then go back later to fix them.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

pepsifreak wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:21 pm I'd hope there isn't a whole lot "security" because I like to note typos and errors during sessions and then go back later to fix them.
I swear if this guy encrypts files no one will use his software. If he is going that route I will first of all prove him that the encryption is unsafe and furthermore I will write my own software.
duck
Explorer
Explorer

Post by duck »

GodDragon
encryption can be completely optional based on a decision of the creator of the script or even based on a decision of the user. I know everything can be hacked, but some people need that feeling of being controlled and having encrypted data adds that little bit extra I guess. I'm not sure how having an anti-cheat mechanism in place is in any conflict with the idea of having a free software. Also your remark about "not a capitalistic company" is a bit weird to be honest and feels a bit out of place. All basim asked for is the option to be controlled even more by having a simple anticheat built-in.

I swear if this guy encrypts files no one will use his software. If he is going that route I will first of all prove him that the encryption is unsafe and furthermore I will write my own software.
What on earth are you talking about?
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

duck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:32 pm GodDragon
encryption can be completely optional based on a decision of the creator of the script or even based on a decision of the user. I know everything can be hacked, but some people need that feeling of being controlled and having encrypted data adds that little bit extra I guess. I'm not sure how having an anti-cheat mechanism in place is in any conflict with the idea of having a free software. Also your remark about "not a capitalistic company" is a bit weird to be honest and feels a bit out of place. All basim asked for is the option to be controlled even more by having a simple anticheat built-in.

What on earth are you talking about?
Well the problem with having security by obscurity is that if the author has any malicious code in their script file it could not be tracked down that easily. Furthermore it would disallow the community to fix bugs easily and continue a project without a proper key. If you were to encrypt your source too, because otherwise the encryption key would just be readable in your source, you could easily slip in any line of code you want to without us noticing that fast. Sure I can fire up IDA but that would just be unnecessary if there is another open source tool called Tease A.I..
So let's say you only encrypt the variables. This would make cheating only marginally harder. Simple tools such as Cheat Engine allow RAM maniuplation and if you are encrypting and reading the variables it would first of all slow down performance and second of all the key is still public so how is this an option? People will always cheat and if they cannot control themselves it's their problem. If he knows that the AI will punish him for cheating he will not do it. If he justs wants to get punished he can ask it for a punishment. If he really wants to cheat he can do it anyway. I can't really follow the train of thought here and the concept of a encrypted source code does not sound good to me.
duck
Explorer
Explorer

Post by duck »

Let me ask you something...
When you leave the house, you leave it wide open or do you lock the door? I'd guess the obvious, so let me tell you a secret - it's easy to break open ANY door. Why do you do it then?
To make it harder for the intruder. It's the same with security in software development.

I never said anything about encrypting source code of the actual software. We're just discussing encrypting script (content) variables and modules, so it won't be readable as easily, so I'm not sure what "malicious code" are we talking about here. I don't intend to allow any actual code to be executed by running a custom personality...
Can the encryption be broken? Of course, it's impossible to be 100% secure when it comes to IT, but it makes it harder for someone to cheat. Personally I couldn't care less if you cheat or not, but some people obviously want that level of control and want have some anticheat built-in, so they feel controlled a little bit more, even if it was just an optional feature.

Sure, it won't be a 100% protection, definitely not against someone with a programming background, but it can be done and judging based on some opinions, it would add more fun for some people. If you really want to cheat, by any means, do it, but then I don't understand why you'd turn the feature on in the first place.

Oh, and one more thing. Please try to refrain from things like this:
I'm not going to force anyone to use it. You don't like it when it's done, cool, use something else or even develop one yourself, whatever suits you. I'm coming here to brainstorm with you guys and find out what is it you'd like in the software and slowly incorporate it if it's possible. Not sure why you feel so offensive about it and even want to prove me something... I think I have enough experience in software development over the years (about 10 now?), so you don't really have to prove anything to me. It's my day job and I decided to dedicate some of my spare time on this free project, because I know it helps people and I like to challenge myself. It's not my intention to charge money, even though there would certainly be people who wouldn't mind. The point is, I'm not developing this for the profit or something, I just thought you'd guys be happy...
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Daragorn »

The problem i see with encrypting variables (apart for being with you in not even understanding why someone would cheat with an artifical domme he is playing with exactly becsuse he wants to try to esperience what it feels like to be controlled... But i also dont get why people cheat in videogames... So 😀) is that it might cause problems if/when any kind of error, either in the script or the program, mess things up.
No software is bug free, so what happens if, for example a personality has a bugged module (you said you are thinking of encrypting them too)? Right now i can just open and try to fix it... If it was encrypted i would have to wait for the personality creator (presumibly the only one with the non encryoted files) to fix it.
Same goes for variables... Lets say you have to input the name of a girl you like, for example... You write it and press enter but then you realize you wrote it wrong... Right now you can just open the file and fix it but with an encrypted variable? You couldn't.
Personally i think encrypted stuff in an open source kind of software where people can add single modules to personalities and/or modify them by changing the scripts to better suit their tastes has more negatives than it has positives... But it is my opinion
duck
Explorer
Explorer

Post by duck »

Sure, it's definitely one of the concerns, but I think making it an optional feature would solve it easily. We'll see :)
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

duck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 am Let me ask you something...
When you leave the house, you leave it wide open or do you lock the door? I'd guess the obvious, so let me tell you a secret - it's easy to break open ANY door. Why do you do it then?
To make it harder for the intruder. It's the same with security in software development.

I never said anything about encrypting source code of the actual software. We're just discussing encrypting script (content) variables and modules, so it won't be readable as easily, so I'm not sure what "malicious code" are we talking about here. I don't intend to allow any actual code to be executed by running a custom personality...
Can the encryption be broken? Of course, it's impossible to be 100% secure when it comes to IT, but it makes it harder for someone to cheat. Personally I couldn't care less if you cheat or not, but some people obviously want that level of control and want have some anticheat built-in, so they feel controlled a little bit more, even if it was just an optional feature.

Sure, it won't be a 100% protection, definitely not against someone with a programming background, but it can be done and judging based on some opinions, it would add more fun for some people. If you really want to cheat, by any means, do it, but then I don't understand why you'd turn the feature on in the first place.

Oh, and one more thing. Please try to refrain from things like this:
I'm not going to force anyone to use it. You don't like it when it's done, cool, use something else or even develop one yourself, whatever suits you. I'm coming here to brainstorm with you guys and find out what is it you'd like in the software and slowly incorporate it if it's possible. Not sure why you feel so offensive about it and even want to prove me something... I think I have enough experience in software development over the years (about 10 now?), so you don't really have to prove anything to me. It's my day job and I decided to dedicate some of my spare time on this free project, because I know it helps people and I like to challenge myself. It's not my intention to charge money, even though there would certainly be people who wouldn't mind. The point is, I'm not developing this for the profit or something, I just thought you'd guys be happy...
The point is not about cracking the encryption but about the possibility to view any source code at any time. The point is it makes fixing bugs harder, it makes quick lookups and learning through other people's code harder (and because most of them aren't into coding they definitely need to learn from other examples), and it potentially allows malicious code to be executed. Current Tease A.I. allows the domme to delete files if you want her to. Let's say someone abuses such a feature and no one can know because the code was encrypted. Furthermore as I said it slows down the performance of your tool whilst making cheating only marginally harder. The encryption code is in your source code so it is almost as easy as modifying an unencrypted file. I like your idea of creating such a tool and I am thankful if you do so however this does not seem like a necessary feature to me. I mean what is the point in making cheating just a bit harder? They will cheat anyway. As I already explained if you want to cheat you will do it. Let's say you get a punishment for cheating. You'd know about this so there is no reason to try to cheat that way because it won't work. I can't see any point that supports the idea of encrypting any file and there are a lot of flaws. Fixing is harder, learning too, malicious code is more likely to be not found, performance is worse and the list could go on. I didn't mean to attack you, if you felt attack I am utterly sorry. I just have some experience with people promissing a tool without revealing the source and it always turned out to be bad.
pepsifreak
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepsifreak »

To obscure variables you could always write out numbers as float values or something. No encryption and solves "can just open it in notepad". But that might only benefit me since I have a hex editor installed. :-P

Scripts could be something similar by changing the extension to like .tai. Sure it can still be read in notepad but you can't simply double click it like normal.

Though for flags and variables I'd kinda prefer a single combined file or similar (maybe zip em) since having a bunch of 0-size files like what is used now seems like a waste. XML or JSON could work for that perhaps, then it would still allow editing.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Daragorn »

duck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:08 pm Sure, it's definitely one of the concerns, but I think making it an optional feature would solve it easily. We'll see :)
I had an idea based on GodDragon's observations on cheating....he is correct...if you knew you'd get punished for cheating you wouldn't do it....so why, instead of encrypting stuff you don't put in some coding so that when a session ends/is suspended, teaseAI will save all flags/variables value in a file (this can be an encrypted one for example, a non txt or something not so easy to open up) and when it starts/resume a session it checks the current variable/flag values with those saved the last time...if it does all good, if it doesn't it could, i don't know, call an interrupt in which the single personalities can determine what happens since you tried to cheat (or it could be a hard-coded penalties too, things like when it "rolls" to determine orgasm, it will roll with a penalty for being a cheater) .
This way you'll still have the open source aspect, scripts/variables can be modified if needed due to bugs/things you want to change and, if you modify the values to cheat, then you get punished
genome231
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by genome231 »

My two cents on encryption:
First i think it has to be optional.
Second i think it should affect the entire "scripts folder". Cant you lock the folder behind a password or similar?

I'd imagine a system much like the "lock orgasm chance settings" inside tease Ai.
Lock yourself out of the scripts folder for said time period.
This would also need to lock the program to the personality, meaning you cant change it! And would need to lock the test script option.

It would fulfill the optional thing.
Say you set the timer for 7 days, you only have to be "strong" once every 7 days, to make sure you dont go inside the folder.

The only way to undo it (unless you have the technical know how) is to reinstall Tease-AI and the personality.
The punishment is simple: you lose all progress.

Writing on an Ipad so I'm sorry if my explaining is bad ;)

Best regards
Genome
Tribute to 1885 & those involved with Tease-AI.
Thank you for spending time on this awesome project! :-)
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Holy shit, what a storm to just a sentence of mine. Please relax all of you. That was not my intend. I was only talking about variables. I really do enjoy this open source mood here and was not afraid of content stealing, money making or such things..

Please, lets not discuss about the cheating topic. You play it your way and I do mine.

So, I was only asking if it were possible to encrypt the saved variables. OPTIONAL.

@duck
About that loop thing:
Atm. TAI runs that loop taunt-module-link over and over till enough cycles and / or time is gone. What i would like is the ability to skip link, or taunt or module. And, on the other hand, be able to change up or down the cycles/time to be done.

Please correct me if all of this loop talk of mine is already possible.

cheers and please be calm again! :-/
> Join ARCHIVE on Discord <
duck
Explorer
Explorer

Post by duck »

Daragorn wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 pm I had an idea based on GodDragon's observations on cheating....he is correct...if you knew you'd get punished for cheating you wouldn't do it....
I'm afraid not. It's like saying "if you knew you'd get punished for stealing a car you wouldn't do it", which is obviously a false assumption. People DO cheat/steal/kill/whatever, no matter the consequences. I don't know why people try to break the rules, but I don't think there's any real doubt it's happening. The only question, when it comes to software like this, is if anyone would benefit from anticheat feature or not.

I think having it as an optional feature wouldn't hurt anyone though.
basim wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 pm About that loop thing:
Atm. TAI runs that loop taunt-module-link over and over till enough cycles and / or time is gone. What i would like is the ability to skip link, or taunt or module. And, on the other hand, be able to change up or down the cycles/time to be done.

I don't think it's currently possible, but I can be wrong as there's no real documentation.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

genome231 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:26 pm I'd imagine a system much like the "lock orgasm chance settings" inside tease Ai.
Lock yourself out of the scripts folder for said time period.
This would also need to lock the program to the personality, meaning you cant change it! And would need to lock the test script option.
I would only lock yourself out of the variables and flags folder. Changing scripts is much more complex and I think no one really does that to cheat.
duck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:27 am
Daragorn wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 pm I had an idea based on GodDragon's observations on cheating....he is correct...if you knew you'd get punished for cheating you wouldn't do it....
I'm afraid not. It's like saying "if you knew you'd get punished for stealing a car you wouldn't do it", which is obviously a false assumption. People DO cheat/steal/kill/whatever, no matter the consequences. I don't know why people try to break the rules, but I don't think there's any real doubt it's happening. The only question, when it comes to software like this, is if anyone would benefit from anticheat feature or not.

I think having it as an optional feature wouldn't hurt anyone though.
basim wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 pm About that loop thing:

I don't think it's currently possible, but I can be wrong as there's no real documentation.
Yea optional doesn't hurt anyone. However there is a difference between knowing that you will be cought 100% of the time (like Tease A.I. would when you cheat) and being cought rarely. In the case of stealing cars you have the chance to be safe and make some profit. In this case you know it would detect it and punish you. Thus there is no reason to do it. You can ask for a punishment normally without modifying files in the first place.