Teasing software, the question

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Teasing software, the question

Post by Daragorn »

VanHellsing wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:28 pm Huh... that's cool, I thought most personalities don't use these things because it's too complicated or requires too many variables.
To make them work well and be fun to play with is difficult indeed, it is not only due to the number of variables that things are difficult....you have to think of way to integrate them in the personality so that it feels "natural" when she brings out the topic, and not like something that at random times comes out from nowhere :-)
As i said, teaseAI has a TON of potential that has not been used yet
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by GodDragon »

Daragorn wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:23 am
VanHellsing wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:28 pm Huh... that's cool, I thought most personalities don't use these things because it's too complicated or requires too many variables.
To make them work well and be fun to play with is difficult indeed, it is not only due to the number of variables that things are difficult....you have to think of way to integrate them in the personality so that it feels "natural" when she brings out the topic, and not like something that at random times comes out from nowhere :-)
Tease AI makes stuff complicated but it is indeed possible. Let's see what I can do with spicy ;)
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by VanHellsing »

GodDragon wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:45 pm
Tease AI makes stuff complicated but it is indeed possible. Let's see what I can do with spicy ;)
That's why I thought someone can implement a system or an app, which could simplify the whole process.

BTW, for a minute, I thought Daragorn just quoted himself. :D
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

VanHellsing wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:39 pm
GodDragon wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:45 pm
That's why I thought someone can implement a system or an app, which could simplify the whole process.

BTW, for a minute, I thought Daragorn just quoted himself. :D
Lol. You mean an IDE? Or something new that is similar to Tease A.I.?
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Daragorn »

VanHellsing wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:39 pm That's why I thought someone can implement a system or an app, which could simplify the whole process.
The problem is that implementing it via an app, apart for the time it would take to do it, would limit the possibilities...for how well you can think an app, it will never be able to fulfil every single idea/need that someone could come up with...i might want to do something related to it and then find that i can't set some options that i would like to have.
On the contrary, the possibility to do any of those things is already present with the current commands....so if someone really wants to introduce those idea in a personality, it will be his duty to determine how/when to insert them and with which parameters....the good thing about that is that that system could then be modified by anyone else to make it suits better his needs by adding things on it, changing values, etc etc
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Hello everyone,

i was wondering about the topic and surprised when start reading. Now, after the whole thread i want to share some thoughs.

I think an importent fact in the lack of content is that the milovana webtease corner it self hosts simple sessions. Why should someone who creates simple teases use TAI? Likewise most of the "users" are happy with a quick session from that corner, i guess. What we are doing is more sort of "progaming" with a higher standart. ^^

I'm following this whole "webtease" thing since so many years now. And when looking back there is a rule that peaks out. Either you have a lot of content or complexity. Now you will say, oh what a genius. :) but wait, i will come back to that point.

I tried to write a personality back when using CyberMistress. But i never put it online. Simply i never finished it. I was planning at something like HoT when the first one came out. I started writing, but, guess what, i did not finished it. In the mean time i learned programming and had several atempts in writing some TeaseSoftware from scratch. But....

Sadly im a person that has a ton of ideas, but so easy to disturb and then focusing on other thing pretty fast. Ok, im wandering of. What i want to say is. I can't write something like TeaseAI myself. And even a personality is to much for me. I'm not the dumbest. I can adapt pretty fast. So i repaired and wrote some extensions for MissBlue after reading some posts and looking into scripts. I do know something about structuring. But it does not take much to let me lose overview in what im currently doing in TAI. Most of it, because there is no documentation that covers EVERYTHING. Allot of the magic isn't explained anywhere. Only by working through dozen of posts and existing scripts i can find answers. Thats bad! As all of you mentioned before. And i guess we are not the only ones. I get lost when trying to do more than just updates to a personality. When coding complex things I need highlighting, references and dependencies.

To sum this up. Easy Access to knowledge, intuitiv controls and compact information over my values and links is what we want, right?

So, why the hell am i telling you all this? Especially as this will still not fix my lack in finish work : :D

Now let me get back to point of when i was writing about that "rule". There is either content or complexity. Maybe the key is to combine both. One. Complex. Content. Consisting of Modules.
When you think about that then you will see that all of the different "play styles", either it is a milo webtease, tease software, a card game or even a caption tumblr, they all are based on modules.

Let me take the tumblr to exlpain what i have in mind:

So there are these tumblrs. Picture post after picture post. Every picture is showing something, or just black, it doesn't matter. But on that picture there is a word or sentence. And thats a instruction or a punishment. All of what the guy on the pc is doing is press "random" and obey the pictures. By doing that he has a simple tease session.
But now he has a friend or a mistress that posts a new picture. And he likes this one, reposts its, or is playing random on his dashbord, where all of his pictures and the people he is following are shown. Then he gets continues new content, new session lines and outcomes.
Imagine sorting pictures in tumblr as a story and just play that straight forward. Or use the function of combining up to 10 pictures into one post and create a short story block with that.

Do you see that? When you dig into that system you will see how much you can do with it. You can mix and combine things pretty fast and easy. You can reuse so much content. And all of the existing things are convertable. And the most importend thing. Creating content well be damn fast! Writing a Session also faster! Simply because you can drag'n'drop most of it. Especially for beginners a easy way to get into it.

To definite this in classes and finding the right balance of variables restrictions will truly be some challening task, my to challenging for me, but i think it could work.

What do you thing?
> Join ARCHIVE on Discord <
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

basim wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:40 am Hello everyone,

i was wondering about the topic and surprised when start reading. Now, after the whole thread i want to share some thoughs.

I think an importent fact in the lack of content is that the milovana webtease corner it self hosts simple sessions. Why should someone who creates simple teases use TAI? Likewise most of the "users" are happy with a quick session from that corner, i guess. What we are doing is more sort of "progaming" with a higher standart. ^^

I'm following this whole "webtease" thing since so many years now. And when looking back there is a rule that peaks out. Either you have a lot of content or complexity. Now you will say, oh what a genius. :) but wait, i will come back to that point.

I tried to write a personality back when using CyberMistress. But i never put it online. Simply i never finished it. I was planning at something like HoT when the first one came out. I started writing, but, guess what, i did not finished it. In the mean time i learned programming and had several atempts in writing some TeaseSoftware from scratch. But....

Sadly im a person that has a ton of ideas, but so easy to disturb and then focusing on other thing pretty fast. Ok, im wandering of. What i want to say is. I can't write something like TeaseAI myself. And even a personality is to much for me. I'm not the dumbest. I can adapt pretty fast. So i repaired and wrote some extensions for MissBlue after reading some posts and looking into scripts. I do know something about structuring. But it does not take much to let me lose overview in what im currently doing in TAI. Most of it, because there is no documentation that covers EVERYTHING. Allot of the magic isn't explained anywhere. Only by working through dozen of posts and existing scripts i can find answers. Thats bad! As all of you mentioned before. And i guess we are not the only ones. I get lost when trying to do more than just updates to a personality. When coding complex things I need highlighting, references and dependencies.

To sum this up. Easy Access to knowledge, intuitiv controls and compact information over my values and links is what we want, right?

So, why the hell am i telling you all this? Especially as this will still not fix my lack in finish work : :D

Now let me get back to point of when i was writing about that "rule". There is either content or complexity. Maybe the key is to combine both. One. Complex. Content. Consisting of Modules.
When you think about that then you will see that all of the different "play styles", either it is a milo webtease, tease software, a card game or even a caption tumblr, they all are based on modules.

Let me take the tumblr to exlpain what i have in mind:

So there are these tumblrs. Picture post after picture post. Every picture is showing something, or just black, it doesn't matter. But on that picture there is a word or sentence. And thats a instruction or a punishment. All of what the guy on the pc is doing is press "random" and obey the pictures. By doing that he has a simple tease session.
But now he has a friend or a mistress that posts a new picture. And he likes this one, reposts its, or is playing random on his dashbord, where all of his pictures and the people he is following are shown. Then he gets continues new content, new session lines and outcomes.
Imagine sorting pictures in tumblr as a story and just play that straight forward. Or use the function of combining up to 10 pictures into one post and create a short story block with that.

Do you see that? When you dig into that system you will see how much you can do with it. You can mix and combine things pretty fast and easy. You can reuse so much content. And all of the existing things are convertable. And the most importend thing. Creating content well be damn fast! Writing a Session also faster! Simply because you can drag'n'drop most of it. Especially for beginners a easy way to get into it.

To definite this in classes and finding the right balance of variables restrictions will truly be some challening task, my to challenging for me, but i think it could work.

What do you thing?
If want a decent realistic experience you can't depend on just throwing stuff together. Answers to questions need to be saved, there needs to be a progress and it needs to show you that the domme is learning to understand you. Otherwise we could just randomly give tasks and such. But I prefer a system that offers individuality, content and variety. This is a lot of work but I have my hopes high that this can be achieved. I don't know if I got you wrong but it at least sounds like you want a system which unifies all the modules and let's us paste them together as we wish. As I said this won't work for more complex structures. You can't have your domme say: I will allow you to cum and then the next module disallows it. It won't be that easy.
duck
Explorer
Explorer

Post by duck »

basim
what you're describing is essentially a random generator. The purpose of Tease AI was to provide an interactive tease - a simulation of communicating with a Mistress/Master. Even though your idea could probably work for some, I meant this thread to be more about creating a more interactive teasing software.

By the way, if small modules are what you're after, you can already do that with existing Tease AI as well. You don't need to create the whole personality if you don't want to. Just create a module and share it with others. Sure, the documentation is lacking and there are some problems, but it will take some time before I come up with a new software.
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

duck wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:40 pm basim
what you're describing is essentially a random generator. The purpose of Tease AI was to provide an interactive tease - a simulation of communicating with a Mistress/Master. Even though your idea could probably work for some, I meant this thread to be more about creating a more interactive teasing software.

By the way, if small modules are what you're after, you can already do that with existing Tease AI as well. You don't need to create the whole personality if you don't want to. Just create a module and share it with others. Sure, the documentation is lacking and there are some problems, but it will take some time before I come up with a new software.
That's what I meant too.
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Hey, thanks for replying.

No, im not looking for a small and simple module session or called random machine. If i where looking for this i could just use tumblr. People nearly do what i was talking about. I do want a personality that learns and evoles, like you. Knows your kinks and feels smart. I realy do enjoy your stuff. What you have written is awesome. And i had a lot of fun playing it. But in the end i can play it alot faster than you can write. Soon or later we are playing the modules over and over. And soon or later all the unique modules are done.

I used this tumblr thing just as an example to explain what i had in mind for a better core mechanic. But i do realize i'm maybe talking about two pair of shoes.

First, what I think would be nice is an easy import of new pieces (regardless of whether it is taunt, module or link). Some one writes a nice CBT piece, great, import, and here we go, you personality is capable of playing it.
The import/export process behind that shouldn't be too difficult. What it needs to achive such compatibility is a definition of global flags/values. Some of them are already existent, i know, but there have to be some more.

All the problems we where talking about (documentation, handling of complex or lets say large personalities, etc..) have the same root. And thats a hugh lack of structuring. What is what, where is it stored and whats it called. And most important the editor. When you want a game to be good build a great editor. Easy to use and doing all the syntax work for you. If a writer wants to set a foot fetish flag or tries to ask for it, give him the name, the flag, that command. (Of course let him do custom stuff, too)

Secondly, im bored of TeaseAI and its loop:

Start -> ( Taunt -> Module -> Link ) -> End

Every piece is selected random most of the time.But its not a big deal to see that state your in while playing. There are some good atempts to covers this by text, but.. no.
I realy don't know what that fixed loops are good for?! So, now think back at my tumblr example. Imagine a post/picture could be everything. From a single edge instruction up to a complete glitter visit. A module. or what i called it "piece".

There has to be some categorie for pieces. Like start, end and inbetween. Thoose inbetweens also may need some sub categories. So that the ending module can have some requirements for the next one. But thats it, no looping. I think it also would make sense to write smaller but smart pieces to work well together and create unique "teases" all the time.

I hope this is more informative than my last post. Sorry was a bit late yesterday. Anyway i do not feel offended if you do not prefere my solution or just want to pick a part of the idea here and there. ;)
> Join ARCHIVE on Discord <
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

basim wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 pm Hey, thanks for replying.

No, im not looking for a small and simple module session or called random machine. If i where looking for this i could just use tumblr. People nearly do what i was talking about. I do want a personality that learns and evoles, like you. Knows your kinks and feels smart. I realy do enjoy your stuff. What you have written is awesome. And i had a lot of fun playing it. But in the end i can play it alot faster than you can write. Soon or later we are playing the modules over and over. And soon or later all the unique modules are done.

I used this tumblr thing just as an example to explain what i had in mind for a better core mechanic. But i do realize i'm maybe talking about two pair of shoes.

First, what I think would be nice is an easy import of new pieces (regardless of whether it is taunt, module or link). Some one writes a nice CBT piece, great, import, and here we go, you personality is capable of playing it.
The import/export process behind that shouldn't be too difficult. What it needs to achive such compatibility is a definition of global flags/values. Some of them are already existent, i know, but there have to be some more.

All the problems we where talking about (documentation, handling of complex or lets say large personalities, etc..) have the same root. And thats a hugh lack of structuring. What is what, where is it stored and whats it called. And most important the editor. When you want a game to be good build a great editor. Easy to use and doing all the syntax work for you. If a writer wants to set a foot fetish flag or tries to ask for it, give him the name, the flag, that command. (Of course let him do custom stuff, too)

Secondly, im bored of TeaseAI and its loop:

Start -> ( Taunt -> Module -> Link ) -> End

Every piece is selected random most of the time.But its not a big deal to see that state your in while playing. There are some good atempts to covers this by text, but.. no.
I realy don't know what that fixed loops are good for?! So, now think back at my tumblr example. Imagine a post/picture could be everything. From a single edge instruction up to a complete glitter visit. A module. or what i called it "piece".

There has to be some categorie for pieces. Like start, end and inbetween. Thoose inbetweens also may need some sub categories. So that the ending module can have some requirements for the next one. But thats it, no looping. I think it also would make sense to write smaller but smart pieces to work well together and create unique "teases" all the time.

I hope this is more informative than my last post. Sorry was a bit late yesterday. Anyway i do not feel offended if you do not prefere my solution or just want to pick a part of the idea here and there. ;)
Spicy can basicly do anything because it does not handle stuff like links and other stuff like the normal Tease A.I. Does it is partly recognizeable but we could basicly do all of what you said using Tease A.I. I am trying to achieve this but it will need some time, so be a bit patient. I might also start coding an IDE if I have some spare time.
duck
Explorer
Explorer

Post by duck »

I think my software will (or at least will attempt to) solve most of these problems. Unfortunately it's very early in the development and it will take some time before it's ready for an actual use, especially considering I'd like to have a good editor to accompany it.

If you have some suggestions (including ideal tease script structure) feel free to post them in the dedicated thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20376
flying1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by flying1 »

Saw some strang program. Xstory player, smth with commands, but without any logic. People make mods to it. 3D animations and... There is smth like chat))) To my mind far worser than tease AI, despite models, animation and tweaks, but may br there can be some useful ideas.
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by VanHellsing »

duck wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06 am
I think my software will (or at least will attempt to) solve most of these problems. Unfortunately it's very early in the development and it will take some time before it's ready for an actual use, especially considering I'd like to have a good editor to accompany it.

If you have some suggestions (including ideal tease script structure) feel free to post them in the dedicated thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20376
I just hope you won't abandon your attempt of making something really cool. Topics like yours emerge every once in a while on this forum and so far, all of them ended the same. At first creators are full of morivation, hope and ideas, then they encounter first difficulties and without any help, they either get bored of the project or burn out and abandon it without a word. Sometimes the reason is just life itself and unpredictable turns it takes. We've lost many good teases for the same reason. People deleting their accounts with all the created content etc. :no: .

Tease AI was close to being just another abandoned project too, when 1885 left without any word. Fortunately, it was on a decent level of development and others were able to create content for it.
duck
Explorer
Explorer

Post by duck »

VanHellsing wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:09 am I just hope you won't abandon your attempt of making something really cool. Topics like yours emerge every once in a while on this forum and so far, all of them ended the same. At first creators are full of morivation, hope and ideas, then they encounter first difficulties and without any help, they either get bored of the project or burn out and abandon it without a word. Sometimes the reason is just life itself and unpredictable turns it takes. We've lost many good teases for the same reason. People deleting their accounts with all the created content etc. :no: .

Tease AI was close to being just another abandoned project too, when 1885 left without any word. Fortunately, it was on a decent level of development and others were able to create content for it.
I know... Unless something serious happens, I'm determined to finish the project :) I think I have enough experience, the biggest problem is the time (or rather its lack of). With the end of the year closing in, I have some duties in my work and it takes a bit longer than expected. If I don't post here for a while, don't worry, I'm trying to regularly check for messages, so if someone needs to get in touch, just post here or via PM.

Anyway, at the moment I'm mostly experimenting to figure out the best approach for some of my ideas. Once this phase is done (and I have a bit more time), I'll begin implementing real code and hopefully posting regular updates. Maybe even alpha/beta versions, so you can help me testing when it's ready for wider use.