Teasing software, the question

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Teasing software, the question

Post by Daragorn »

duck wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:26 pm
@NullResponse @Flag(FirstDungeon) @Goto(Base)
@NullResponse @SetFlag(FirstDungeon)
@SystemMessage #VANC #VANP Welcome to the dungeon #SubName
It's not readable, it's not maintainable and, most definitely, it's not easy to write.
Ehm....sorry to say it....but it is not teaseAI's fault if that script look complex and badly written...it is badly written.
All those repetitive @SystemMessage #VANC #VANP in each line could be easily substituted by a single vocab, let's say #X, and then in the #X vocab you put in @SystemMessage #VANC #VANP .
If you need to repeat something over and over and over again (even a complicated @If/Variable/whatever check....just put that thing in a vocab and then call the vocab whenever you need it....if you don't use it, then it's not a program's fault.
Apart for that repetitiveness, i don't see anything complicated or not maintenable in that script, honestly.....if you want to do something a little less linear, with choices, questions, possible different outcomes etc etc, it will always look "complex", no matter what command/language you use.
duck
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by duck »

That would be true if there was someone who could actually write a (technically) good script for Tease AI. As it stands, this is the case for ALL personalities out there. HouseOfTease, Spicy, Wildfire, Miss Blue. Miss Blue has probably the most readable scripts from what I've seen, but that has its problems too and it's probably the smallest of the bunch.

If there's not enough content and the existing scripts have numerous problems, are buggy etc., there's this line when it starts to be a fault of the software that people can't write good scripts for it.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

duck wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:59 am That would be true if there was someone who could actually write a (technically) good script for Tease AI. As it stands, this is the case for ALL personalities out there. HouseOfTease, Spicy, Wildfire, Miss Blue. Miss Blue has probably the most readable scripts from what I've seen, but that has its problems too and it's probably the smallest of the bunch.
Which is exactly why i said that in my opinion it would be much more useful having a program that could help writers in scripting with things like autocorrection of command syntax (for example if you write @If[var]=1 will auto-correct it to @If[var]=[1]) to avoid most of the errors that give rise to the bugs in the session than having a "new" teaseAI that, without something like that, will have the exact same problems.
In order to be able to create complex scripts, you need a lot of possible commands (like the multiple choice responses, @If. @Flags, etc etc) and, apart for changing a bit the syntax of the commands, i don't see how they could be implemented differently...but maybe he has some great idea i can't think of.
Honestly, i don't think it is that difficult to write a script for teaseAI, it just takes a bit to know how to use all the commands (which are quite a lot, since there are a lot of features, despite what some people might say).
Having an up to date command guide with some examples on how to use the various commands in more complex way could help a lot new scripters but, apart for that, i still think that teaseAI already have all (or at least all i can think of) features needed to make it possible to create basically anything....the problem is knowing how to make it happen and, there would come really useful the aforementioned "helper" program with examples/autocorrections/etc etc
If there's not enough content and the existing scripts have numerous problems, are buggy etc., there's this line when it starts to be a fault of the software that people can't write good scripts for it.
Btw, it still amaze me that there are so many of you pointing out that there are so many problems with the currently available scripts....honestly i've been using miss blue since a month and have probably made more than 30 sessions by now, and i have NEVER had a single crash caused by a bug (i had a few occasions in which something in the script went wrong, like it trying to go to a @Goto() that was not present, but that was "saved" by the safenets i introduced, so i just have teaseAI move to a link instead of blocking it all).
I think most of you are talking about the problems that Spicy had....sadly, that personality was so bugged that it was completely unuseable (and infact even the creator said that, in the end, and stopped trying to fix it)...but, i think that was the only personality that was so broken that made it unplayable.
I've not tried HoT yet, but from what i see in its own thread, it doesn't seem to have too many bugs.
So, in the end:
-Miss Blue: pratically flawless (based on my personal experience)
-Hot: (not based on experience) pratically flawless/very few bugs
-Spicy: (personal and non personal experience) unplayable, constant crashes, no way to end a session without it blocking here or there

As you see, the problem was spicy, not teaseAI
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

I would love to see a reworked version of Tease AI. I also thought about doing this but I don't have the time for it. I can hardly find the time to fix up Spicy. The main thing that annoys me about Tease AI is the performance. It could run much quicker if done correctly. But keeping the support for the current format would be crucial. I don't think you'd want to recode your whole personality. What language do you have in mind. If you'd create a repository I would gladly contribute.

Daragorn:
Yea spicy is really buggy. I am working on it though. It will require time and highest priority is to get it working for now. After that the scripts will be rewritten to stick to common coding conventions and to also be more readable. Have you tested the newer versions from github though?
duck
Explorer
Explorer

Post by duck »

Daragorn
The main problem with the current implementation is that it's a big mess. Let's take @ for example. In one place it's a command, somewhere else @ can denote a filter, a tag etc. Parsing something like that isn't really pleasant, because you need to take care of numerous edge cases. If you read the source code, for instance Form1.vb is 20k lines long and full of hardcoded stuff.

@If[var]=[1]) is also ugly. Why not simple @if(var=1)? Easy parsing, quick to write, pretty much error-prone, as you don't have to remember some custom syntax. This can be done to pretty much every keyword. Also keywords are not extensible. What if you wanted to create a custom reusable function? Well, you can't, at least to my knowledge. If you want to refer to a documentation, there's none (if you don't count 6 outdated forum threads). Not a good thing when it comes to content writers. I could go on whole day enumerating what's wrong with the software, but that's not the point.

I tried pretty much all personalities, all of them crashed Tease AI on me sooner or later. You're quite lucky if you're having problems only with Spicy. Usually one missing resource is all it takes.

Tease AI currently has quite a long list of features, that's true, but if you read through viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20376, I think people need a bit more though. I read requests like this for a long time here, but 1885 usually just replies that he can't do it for whatever reason...

GodDragon
yes, a performance boost will be probably one of the side-effects if things go alright. I can be quite obsessive when it comes to optimizing my work. Keeping current format usable is a bit problematic to be honest. There are numerous edge-cases and the original software is written as a huge spaghetti with IFs all over the place. Without a proper documentation, it won't be easy, but I'm considering to create two parsers - one for the original scripts and one new with my ideas in it. Not sure how will that go, so not making any promises yet.

Language-wise it will be either C# + WPF or Java + JavaFX. I'm quite proficient in C#, but I always wanted to learn Java and this would be a good opportunity. It's pretty much just learning the differences at this point. Yesterday I tried to code a little script that would use ScheduledExecutorService to asynchronously update ui in fxml and I managed to do it fairly quickly without any prior research, so I'm confident I can make it work. Using java would also allow me to develop the software without much hassle not only for windows, but for linux, mac and even phones, so maybe that would be the best path to take.

What languages do you know?
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

duck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am Daragorn
The main problem with the current implementation is that it's a big mess. Let's take @ for example. In one place it's a command, somewhere else @ can denote a filter, a tag etc. Parsing something like that isn't really pleasant, because you need to take care of numerous edge cases. If you read the source code, for instance Form1.vb is 20k lines long and full of hardcoded stuff.

@If[var]=[1]) is also ugly. Why not simple @if(var=1)? Easy parsing, quick to write, pretty much error-prone, as you don't have to remember some custom syntax. This can be done to pretty much every keyword. Also keywords are not extensible. What if you wanted to create a custom reusable function? Well, you can't, at least to my knowledge. If you want to refer to a documentation, there's none (if you don't count 6 outdated forum threads). Not a good thing when it comes to content writers. I could go on whole day enumerating what's wrong with the software, but that's not the point.

I tried pretty much all personalities, all of them crashed Tease AI on me sooner or later. You're quite lucky if you're having problems only with Spicy. Usually one missing resource is all it takes.

Tease AI currently has quite a long list of features, that's true, but if you read through viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20376, I think people need a bit more though. I read requests like this for a long time here, but 1885 usually just replies that he can't do it for whatever reason...

GodDragon
yes, a performance boost will be probably one of the side-effects if things go alright. I can be quite obsessive when it comes to optimizing my work. Keeping current format usable is a bit problematic to be honest. There are numerous edge-cases and the original software is written as a huge spaghetti with IFs all over the place. Without a proper documentation, it won't be easy, but I'm considering to create two parsers - one for the original scripts and one new with my ideas in it. Not sure how will that go, so not making any promises yet.

Language-wise it will be either C# + WPF or Java + JavaFX. I'm quite proficient in C#, but I always wanted to learn Java and this would be a good opportunity. It's pretty much just learning the differences at this point. Yesterday I tried to code a little script that would use ScheduledExecutorService to asynchronously update ui in fxml and I managed to do it fairly quickly without any prior research, so I'm confident I can make it work. Using java would also allow me to develop the software without much hassle not only for windows, but for linux, mac and even phones, so maybe that would be the best path to take.

What languages do you know?
I have been starting with java 4 years ago and this means I now have 4 years of java experience. I also know C# and some small things in C++. Phyton, PHP, Javascript are also on my mediocre experience list. I can adapt to any language though if needed. I could write a program that converts old scripts to the new scripts. I would gladly help out with that project. I'd maybe go with an already existing scripting language though like java script, phyton, luna or whatever to allow more complex scripts to be loaded. So we'd have an integrated interpreter for the scripting language that will then execute the stuff. We could add custom methods and such but whilst maintaing the full power as a scripter.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

GodDragon wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:15 pm Yea spicy is really buggy. I am working on it though. It will require time and highest priority is to get it working for now. After that the scripts will be rewritten to stick to common coding conventions and to also be more readable. Have you tested the newer versions from github though?
I haven't tried your version yet since from what i understood is still "under construction" so i prefer to wait until you feel like it is playable....also because for now i am pretty hooked with the new HoT and Miss Blue :-D
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

duck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am The main problem with the current implementation is that it's a big mess. Let's take @ for example. In one place it's a command, somewhere else @ can denote a filter, a tag etc. Parsing something like that isn't really pleasant, because you need to take care of numerous edge cases. If you read the source code, for instance Form1.vb is 20k lines long and full of hardcoded stuff.
Probably it is me being so used to it by now, but i don't find them confusing, honestly. As far as the code goes, though, i know i pretty well and....i completely agree with you here, it is a huge mess and a pain in the ass to modify/improve. Surely a better written program could help a lot, i am not denying that, i am just not so sure it is worth to work for many months to create something that will more or less have the same functionalities but, as i said earlier, if you feel to do it and that you can make it, then go for it, i surely won't stop you and, if it ever gets out i will surely try it.
duck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am @If[var]=[1]) is also ugly. Why not simple @if(var=1)? Easy parsing, quick to write, pretty much error-prone, as you don't have to remember some custom syntax.
I suppose he did it because he wanted to keep the same syntax for all var commands and he used the [] because he was scared that doing something like @SetVar(var=1) could end up in messing up if someone for some unknown reason wanted to name a variable "var=something" or things like that.
Anyway, i don't think that the difference in syntax does a great difference....if you want to use a program you have to learn its syntax anyway. What could surely make a big difference is a program with helps, auto-completion, etc etc (basically like a programming suite)
duck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am This can be done to pretty much every keyword. Also keywords are not extensible.
I don't get what you mean with keywords are not extensible...
duck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am What if you wanted to create a custom reusable function? Well, you can't, at least to my knowledge.
You can do it quite easily. Put your custom function in a #vocab and use the #vocab everytime you need to call it
duck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am If you want to refer to a documentation, there's none (if you don't count 6 outdated forum threads).
Definitely agree on this, documentation is really lacking...but it is not really a problem of the program itself....it just need someone willing to update it :lol:
duck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am Not a good thing when it comes to content writers. I could go on whole day enumerating what's wrong with the software, but that's not the point.
As i said earlier, i am not saying you should not to it, i was just expressing my worries about it (i saw how the "Community TeaseAI" project ended....a few months of people time spent to reach a point and then it went into oblivion, i am just worried that, considering it will be quite a huge work to do, it will happen to this too and i thought maybe you could have spent your time "better" in creating maybe that tool to help writing)
duck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am I tried pretty much all personalities, all of them crashed Tease AI on me sooner or later. You're quite lucky if you're having problems only with Spicy. Usually one missing resource is all it takes.
Well i don't know what to say...i use it nearly daily and i never had to restart a session from scratch since....well i don't remember when it was the last time (yes i had some times in which i had an exception error during a session, but just calling a fixing script and, if needed, restarting the timer from the debug toolbar fixes it 99.9% of the times)
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

Daragorn wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:42 pm
GodDragon wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:15 pm Yea spicy is really buggy. I am working on it though. It will require time and highest priority is to get it working for now. After that the scripts will be rewritten to stick to common coding conventions and to also be more readable. Have you tested the newer versions from github though?
I haven't tried your version yet since from what i understood is still "under construction" so i prefer to wait until you feel like it is playable....also because for now i am pretty hooked with the new HoT and Miss Blue :-D
Yes. I am currently running tests and it has been working but there is "a lot" to do. However I have great plans and I am a huge fan of complexity and customizability and thus I want to make this basicly offer even more than it has to offer now and basically make it something that everyone can enjoy using the right settings.

Tease AI is a good tool. It has flaws but still offers a lot. However the biggest problem is that we can't really dig into the code because it is so nested and messed up that you have to search years to find stuff which means adding or fixing stuff is really hard even for experienced developers and the performance is another issue. The whole chat and stuff could run much quicker. I would support a new project but it would be quite a big and time consuming one.
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by VanHellsing »

Daragorn wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:45 pm Could you give me examples of what functions are lacking right now? cause, actually, there have been quite a lot of functions added in the last months (callreturns, useage of vocabs in response files, random teases domme, improved mood system, custom mods, multiple flags command, etc etc, just to name a few) and, honestly, we didn't even know what else could possibly be added (i mean realistically added....asking for stuff like remote controls, learning AI and things like that are definitely out of our league...but for realistic new functions? i don't see what could be missing, really...).
genome231 had some problems, I'd have to dig though spicy's thread.

I had 3 ideas a long time ago (and told Sefaf about them, but he'd been working alone, fixing bugs), so they might have been implemented already:

1. Tracking days of absence, so the program could choose how hard the punishment should be. It could also accept only sessions finished after the minimal tease length passes (the one set in options), preventing people from cheating by just opening TEASE AI, saying hi and closing the program.

2. A system, which would act like EmlaLock, you could send a picture of combination to a lock with a key to your chastity device (without looking at it) and it would set an amount of time, after which, it would reveal the picture with the combination. The personality could set X amount of time at the end of each tease and at the beginning of the next session, it check if the set amount of time passed since the date of setting it. Even more simple - as far as I know, Tease AI can already "count days", blocking some functionalities, until the date in Windows changes (or at least it can in Spicy). This could be a completely optional app, like the Lazy Sub, VitalSub etc.

In case of TEASE AI, the program could require a photo with combination after each session (or a link to the photo) and it wouldn't reveal the photo until the next session (or even longer), which leads to number 3.

3. Most personalities should be run once a day, so an optional system (an app?), which prevents people from doing more than 1 session in X time would be a great addition. It could be a simple system, like counting sessions only with X minutes spent in them or based on the minimal tease length set in options/time set by a personality. It could just lock the program with a password and reveal it only after previously set amount of time passes since the last run (like the password system in flash teases, but with a timer) or just based on Windows date mentioned earlier.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

VanHellsing wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:27 pm
Daragorn wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:45 pm Could you give me examples of what functions are lacking right now? cause, actually, there have been quite a lot of functions added in the last months (callreturns, useage of vocabs in response files, random teases domme, improved mood system, custom mods, multiple flags command, etc etc, just to name a few) and, honestly, we didn't even know what else could possibly be added (i mean realistically added....asking for stuff like remote controls, learning AI and things like that are definitely out of our league...but for realistic new functions? i don't see what could be missing, really...).

I had 3 ideas a long time ago (and told Sefaf about them, but he'd been working alone, fixing bugs), so they might have been implemented already:

1. Tracking days of absence, so the program could choose how hard the punishment should be. It could also accept only sessions finished after the minimal tease length passes (the one set in options), preventing people from cheating by just opening TEASE AI, saying hi and closing the program.

2. A system, which would act like EmlaLock, you could send a picture of combination to a lock with a key to your chastity device (without looking at it) and it would set an amount of time, after which, it would reveal the picture with the combination. The personality could set X amount of time at the end of each tease and at the beginning of the next session, it check if the set amount of time passed since the date of setting it. Even more simple - as far as I know, Tease AI can already "count days", blocking some functionalities, until the date in Windows changes (or at least it can in Spicy). This could be a completely optional app, like the Lazy Sub, VitalSub etc.

In case of TEASE AI, the program could require a photo with combination after each session (or a link to the photo) and it wouldn't reveal the photo until the next session (or even longer), which leads to number 3.

3. Most personalities should be run once a day, so an optional system (an app?), which prevents people from doing more than 1 session in X time would be a great addition. It could be a simple system, like counting sessions only with X minutes spent in them or based on the minimal tease length set in options/time set by a personality. It could just lock the program with a password and reveal it only after previously set amount of time passes since the last run (like the password system in flash teases, but with a timer) or just based on Windows date mentioned earlier.
But all these things can already be done by creating scripts for then and adding the right variables in a personality.
1 just add a setdate() in the endscript and you ll have the last time you completed the session... Then in your punishment scripts do a check and create different results based on #datedifference result (@if[#datedifference] >[x]) then(dothis)).
If you want to set the timer after x amount instead of at the end ofnthe session, you could put it in the links and do a check against the start date of the session.. If >x then setdate

2 same as before... Setdate when you "send" the picture and then check for it where you want... If result is more than x days, then @showimage (on this i am not sure how you deal with theb fact that the picture is a file on your hd, so basically you could open it whenever you want.. But it is something i never understood even for those teases using emalock)

3 same as before.... Setdate when session start and then in the start script do a #datedifference and based on the result ejther let a new session start or not (i had it implemented in my personality).
You just need to first do the #datedifference check and then setdate if has passed the check (otherwise you ll never pass it since the date would have been just set).
@if [#datedifference (startdate, days)] >[x] then(start)
Too early
@end
(start)
Lets play @setdate(lastsession,0)

There is no need to have specific apps doing that in teaseai...it should be the personality that have or not those options to play with; after all, even if there were the apps, you d still need to code in something in the personality to introducd the idea, tell the user what to do and things like that... So if you want those system, just add them to your personality

This is why i usually say that imho teaseai has not even been closely exploited at its full potential.... There are so many things that can be done with it... But if you want to make it do complex stuff, you have to create complex scripts and i dont think other programs can avoid this...if you want to do different things happen based on different parameters, you have to determine how/when the parameters are set and changed, and what happens based on them... You have to program an ai, there can't be automatic system that will do that for you because no one can know what you d like to do with it, nor how you prefer to play with specific systems/kinks
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

Daragorn wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 am
VanHellsing wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:27 pm

But all these things can already be done by creating scripts for then and adding the right variables in a personality.
1 just add a setdate() in the endscript and you ll have the last time you completed the session... Then in your punishment scripts do a check and create different results based on #datedifference result (@if[#datedifference] >[x]) then(dothis)).
If you want to set the timer after x amount instead of at the end ofnthe session, you could put it in the links and do a check against the start date of the session.. If >x then setdate

2 same as before... Setdate when you "send" the picture and then check for it where you want... If result is more than x days, then @showimage (on this i am not sure how you deal with theb fact that the picture is a file on your hd, so basically you could open it whenever you want.. But it is something i never understood even for those teases using emalock)

3 same as before.... Setdate when session start and then in the start script do a #datedifference and based on the result ejther let a new session start or not (i had it implemented in my personality).
You just need to first do the #datedifference check and then setdate if has passed the check (otherwise you ll never pass it since the date would have been just set).
@if [#datedifference (startdate, days)] >[x] then(start)
Too early
@end
(start)
Lets play @setdate(lastsession,0)

There is no need to have specific apps doing that in teaseai...it should be the personality that have or not those options to play with; after all, even if there were the apps, you d still need to code in something in the personality to introducd the idea, tell the user what to do and things like that... So if you want those system, just add them to your personality

This is why i usually say that imho teaseai has not even been closely exploited at its full potential.... There are so many things that can be done with it... But if you want to make it do complex stuff, you have to create complex scripts and i dont think other programs can avoid this...if you want to do different things happen based on different parameters, you have to determine how/when the parameters are set and changed, and what happens based on them... You have to program an ai, there can't be automatic system that will do that for you because no one can know what you d like to do with it, nor how you prefer to play with specific systems/kinks
Yea I agree and my exact aim is to create complex scripts and do stuff like he suggested. You can basicly do anything with Tease AI unless it is limited by performance and such. But we'd need a good IDE unless Tease AI adds error catching. For example yesterday Tease AI crashed while reading DateDifference because it was expecting an array index that was non existent. I still don't know what line or file though and that is a huge issue. An IDE could, like my script scanner, fix and recognize stuff like this at runtime and could make many things much easier. There was a dude that said he has a private one and if he feels like it I beg him to release it. I can add to the IDE if he releases it on github or similar. Currently I don't have the time to maintain or code a IDE from scratch though. However I will do it if I find the time. The biggest problem about Tease AI is that it lacks some stuff a normal coding language would feature. Methods with return types etc.. You could implement them in some way but it is more complicated than it could be and it comes with the cost of performance and more code and as I already said the performance, lack of documentation and spaghetti code of Tease AI itself is kinda annoying. A documentation can be added. A rework of the spaghetti code too but it requires time. Thinking about it I would go with modifying tease ai itself or recreating it but keeping the script syntax and just adding more to it.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

GodDragon wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:43 pm Yea I agree and my exact aim is to create complex scripts and do stuff like he suggested. You can basicly do anything with Tease AI unless it is limited by performance and such. But we'd need a good IDE unless Tease AI adds error catching.
Exactly my same opinion, an IDE would do a lot for helping people write scripts
For example yesterday Tease AI crashed while reading DateDifference because it was expecting an array index that was non existent. I still don't know what line or file though and that is a huge issue.
I think this is a small bug inside #datedifference which, sometimes (that's why i wasn't able to track it down....i don't know why it happens sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, even with the same commands) throws that error.
From what i could understand, it seemed to be related with using #datedifference checks twice in the same line (like the #DT command from spicy).
This line for example, some times trhew errors:
@Variable[#DateDifference(LastE, Days)]>=[3]And[#DateDifference(LastE, Days)]<=[7]

I've found out, though, that there is a workaround which works. Just put your reperated #datedifference check in a variable, and then use the variable inside the @Variable check...it is a bit complicated to explain why it works but i know why (the problem would be finding why the other approach sometimes doesn't).
In the previous example:
@SetVar[date]=[#DateDifference(LastE, Days)]
@Variable[date]>=[3]And[date]<=[7]

I think you can simplify it using a vocab, in which you set the date too (not sure, though, never tested it)
So you create a vocab #setDate with a single line

Then whenever you want to set that date you can just #setDate.
In the previous example:
@Variable[#setDate]>=[3]And[#setDate]<=[7]
The biggest problem about Tease AI is that it lacks some stuff a normal coding language would feature. Methods with return types etc..
I agree. And another problem is that it doesn't execute the commands in the order they are written, but in the order that 1885 put the inside the method that does all checks.
So writing for example: test this @CheckFlag(new) @SetFlag(new)
I would have expected this to first check if the flag is present, if it is it will move to the (new) part of the script, if it isn't it sets the flag.
But this is not necessarily how it will go...if @SetFlag() is before @CheckFlag() in the main code, then it will first set it and then check, no matter in which order you use it in the script.
I told 1885 that is was stupid (and i also changed it to make it work following the right order in which you use the commands) but he didn't want it in and forced me to remove it and leave it as it has always been...
So if you want to have sequential commands, you have to write them in separate lines to be sure to have then being executed in the right order.
You could implement them in some way but it is more complicated than it could be and it comes with the cost of performance and more code and as I already said the performance, lack of documentation and spaghetti code of Tease AI itself is kinda annoying. A documentation can be added. A rework of the spaghetti code too but it requires time. Thinking about it I would go with modifying tease ai itself or recreating it but keeping the script syntax and just adding more to it.
Yes, the code is a mess to improve and fix, and that's also why it is defintely slower than it could be. So a better coded version would surely be a good thing to have, that's not in doubt...but i still think an IDE would be more important to have
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

Daragorn wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:34 pm
GodDragon wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:43 pm Yea I agree and my exact aim is to create complex scripts and do stuff like he suggested. You can basicly do anything with Tease AI unless it is limited by performance and such. But we'd need a good IDE unless Tease AI adds error catching.
Exactly my same opinion, an IDE would do a lot for helping people write scripts
For example yesterday Tease AI crashed while reading DateDifference because it was expecting an array index that was non existent. I still don't know what line or file though and that is a huge issue.
I think this is a small bug inside #datedifference which, sometimes (that's why i wasn't able to track it down....i don't know why it happens sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, even with the same commands) throws that error.
From what i could understand, it seemed to be related with using #datedifference checks twice in the same line (like the #DT command from spicy).
This line for example, some times trhew errors:
@Variable[#DateDifference(LastE, Days)]>=[3]And[#DateDifference(LastE, Days)]<=[7]

I've found out, though, that there is a workaround which works. Just put your reperated #datedifference check in a variable, and then use the variable inside the @Variable check...it is a bit complicated to explain why it works but i know why (the problem would be finding why the other approach sometimes doesn't).
In the previous example:
@Variable[date]>=[3]And[date]<=[7]

I think you can simplify it using a vocab, in which you set the date too (not sure, though, never tested it)
So you create a vocab #setDate with a single line

Then whenever you want to set that date you can just #setDate.
In the previous example:
@Variable[#setDate]>=[3]And[#setDate]<=[7]
The biggest problem about Tease AI is that it lacks some stuff a normal coding language would feature. Methods with return types etc..
I agree. And another problem is that it doesn't execute the commands in the order they are written, but in the order that 1885 put the inside the method that does all checks.
So writing for example: test this @CheckFlag(new) @SetFlag(new)
I would have expected this to first check if the flag is present, if it is it will move to the (new) part of the script, if it isn't it sets the flag.
But this is not necessarily how it will go...if @SetFlag() is before @CheckFlag() in the main code, then it will first set it and then check, no matter in which order you use it in the script.
I told 1885 that is was stupid (and i also changed it to make it work following the right order in which you use the commands) but he didn't want it in and forced me to remove it and leave it as it has always been...
So if you want to have sequential commands, you have to write them in separate lines to be sure to have then being executed in the right order.
You could implement them in some way but it is more complicated than it could be and it comes with the cost of performance and more code and as I already said the performance, lack of documentation and spaghetti code of Tease AI itself is kinda annoying. A documentation can be added. A rework of the spaghetti code too but it requires time. Thinking about it I would go with modifying tease ai itself or recreating it but keeping the script syntax and just adding more to it.
Yes, the code is a mess to improve and fix, and that's also why it is defintely slower than it could be. So a better coded version would surely be a good thing to have, that's not in doubt...but i still think an IDE would be more important to have
IDE and then the other stuff. I just found that issue with DateDifference. Fix is: @SetVar[MinutesIn]=[#DateDifference(Devotion, Minutes)] @Variable[MinutesIn]>[ShortSession] @Variable[MinutesIn]<=[MediumSession]

But sadly I found the issue before I read your answer which costed me some time. :D
VanHellsing
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by VanHellsing »

Daragorn wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 am But all these things can already be done by creating scripts for then and adding the right variables in a personality.
Huh... that's cool, I thought most personalities don't use these things because it's too complicated or requires too many variables.

So... the only thing left is rewriting the program.